ADVERTISEMENT

College Baseball Thread

lol fsu is awful all the way around, they can't even catch easy pop ups anywhere on the field. That ball alonso hit might still not have landed
They are pretty good, just didn't play well last night. Their first 4 hitters are as good as anybody and that freshman catcher is the real deal.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Beat the ace from Mizzou 4-3. We got 3 runs in the first. Could not buy a run for the rest of the game.

Shore went just over 5 innings. We win in 10 innings with a bases loaded single from Alonso

Last edited:
Not our best game of the year, but they figured out a way to win. Tough 9th inning for the freshman pitcher, Singer. That Missouri pitcher was real tough after the 1st inning. Kept our hitters off balance all night. Good win.

The Mizzou pitcher is one of the leagues best. He did a nice job after the first. Bottom line is we found a way to win.

After opening SEC baseball play with a sweep of Missouri to extend its winning streak to 15 games, No. 1 Florida will welcome No. 19 Florida Atlantic to McKethan Stadium at 7 p.m. Tuesday.

The contest with the Owls (15-3) will complete a nine-game homestand, as the Gators (21-1) head to Kentucky over Easter Weekend and then face No. 11 Florida State next Tuesday at The Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville.

In a matchup of right-handers, freshman Jackson Kowar (2-0, 3.38) will be making his third start of the season for the Gators and will oppose FAU redshirt sophomore David McKay (2-1, 5.40).

FAU is always a good test. This year we have more quality pitching depth, which helps us a lot with midweek games. Glad to hear Mike Rivera was seriously hurt Sunday. He's being held out tonight, but will be good to go for the weekend series at Kentucky.

Gators win a tough game against a tough team 2-1

Rubio gets the win and the freshman Singers gets the save.

The next three series are going to be interesting

@ # 34 UK
# 19 TAM
#42 MSU

Plus # 8 FSU @ Jax and @ Tallahassee, for good measure.

Dropped 2/3 to Kentucky over the weekend, but a Mike Martin coached team is always a good balm for a losing streak. 3-2 good guys over them.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Getting a little concerned about our lack of hitting. I know our record is outstanding and pitching and defense will carry us a long way. But most of the batting averages of key guys have been sliding the last 2 weeks and the lack of production with runners in scoring position has been pretty apparent. Yet, we're 24-3. Why should I complain?

Getting a little concerned about our lack of hitting. I know our record is outstanding and pitching and defense will carry us a long way. But most of the batting averages of key guys have been sliding the last 2 weeks and the lack of production with runners in scoring position has been pretty apparent. Yet, we're 24-3. Why should I complain?
Yeah we should be hitting better especially against the Noles weak pitching staff. Ole Marty really wanted that one last night as he used 2 weekend starters on the mound early in the game. Talent gap between the 2 programs is enormous now and UF will continue to dominate FSU and Miami for years to come.

We went through a stretch last year where we didn't hit well. It's baseball and this happens at times during the season. The key is getting hot with the bats near the end of the year.

Yeah we should be hitting better especially against the Noles weak pitching staff. Ole Marty really wanted that one last night as he used 2 weekend starters on the mound early in the game. Talent gap between the 2 programs is enormous now and UF will continue to dominate FSU and Miami for years to come.

The reason Carlton and Sands pitched a grand total of 2.1 innings combined is because both our Saturday and Sunday games were rained out so he wanted his guys to get a little work in so they didnt have two weeks in between starts.

I figured I would have to come correct one of you on that.

The reason Carlton and Sands pitched a grand total of 2.1 innings combined is because both our Saturday and Sunday games were rained out so he wanted his guys to get a little work in so they didnt have two weeks in between starts.

I figured I would have to come correct one of you on that.
Oh, ok, didn't know that the game against Florida was just like a scrimmage to Ole Mike. But they did pitch, right?

Oh, ok, didn't know that the game against Florida was just like a scrimmage to Ole Mike. But they did pitch, right?
They did indeed. So that means that our weekday starter beat FSU weekend starters.

BTW, those two freshman weekday starters, Kowar and Singer, will probably be weekend starters next year. Along with Faedo.

BTW, Faedo will start Saturday against TAM and Puk will start Sunday

Last edited:
clean_sweep-new-logo.jpg

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
No doubt the Gators will once again be #1. But SEC baseball is brutal. Miss. St. comes in next weekend and we still have 21 conference games left. Tex A&M has some great hitters and worked our pitching staff pretty well. I was proud of the way our guys hit the ball this weekend, took a lot of walks and just did what they needed to do when the chips were on the line.

Welp, took a step back this weekend. The bats went to sleep. The pitching derailed.Lost a home series to MSU.

J J Schwarz seems to be in a sophomore slump and in the #3 slot he's left a lot of RBI's on the field. Liput is, also, tailing off some, but the bottom of the order has been hitting better. Overall, we've been stranding a lot of base runners most of the season. Baseball is a game of ups and downs and our record is still excellent. Hopefully, they can get their mojo back this week, but in the SEC you're playing a ranked team nearly every weekend.

Last edited:
It's a top-five matchup today in the third and final Sunshine State showdown when No. 3 Florida (29-5) plays No. 4 Florida State (22-8) at 6 p.m. today at Dick Howser Stadium in Tallahassee.

The Gators posted a 6-0 shutout of the Seminoles on March 15 in Gainesville and picked up a 3-2 victory at The Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville on March 29. UF has won four straight over FSU, including both contests of the NCAA Gainesville Super Regional last summer. Florida State holds a 127-109-1 (.538) advantage in the all-time series, including a 69-41-1 (.626) margin in Tallahassee.

Freshman right-hander Jackson Kowar (3-0, 3.58) will oppose Florida State redshirt sophomore right-hander Ed Voyles (0-0, 1.64). Kowar has made 10 appearances and four starts spanning 27.2 innings and has 35 strikeouts and eight walks. The righty worked five innings against the Seminoles in Jacksonville and earned the victory after allowing one run and five hits.

Sophomore shortstop Dalton Guthrie leads UF in batting average (.356) and runs (28), while junior first baseman Peter Alonso (.336) has a team-leading 34 RBI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT