ADVERTISEMENT

Bombshell: DNC ( RATS ) colluded with Ukraine

Then by all means, and be specific...where am I wrong?

Is our trade deficit with China sustainable?

Does a trade war hurt the importers more than the exporters?

Is China's economy in a better position to sustain a trade war than our economy?

Should world leaders negotiate from a position of weakness and just hope for the best?

Be specific smart guy, where did I go wrong?

Oh goody, a test.

1. Yes. There’s nothing inherently wrong with a trade deficit. If a country can produce goods better and cheaper than we can, that benefits consumers. That’s the whole principle of a free market. You can’t force people to buy inferior products, and protectionist policies causes US manufacturers to become lazy. See the auto industry in the 1980s.

2. It hurts both. It’s a lose/lose proposition.

3. Better. They are a communist country so they don’t always do what’s best for their citizens.

4. We aren’t in a position of weakness. Our economy and employment were doing just fine before the trade wars.

That’s the problem with your whole premise, that we actually needed a trade war to have a growing economy. You’re focused on something insignificant, such as trade deficits. Rather than economic growth, low inflation and high employment. We have trade deficits with some countries, and surpluses with others. If Japan makes better cars cheaper, why should we be forced to buy American. Same with electronics, clothing, coffee, and thousands of other products. Our greatest strength is technology and innovation. That is what we export, and what makes us have the largest economy in the world, with the highest standard of living. We don’t need tariffs as long as we continue to innovate.

Now if you want to change the discussion to fair trade, that’s an entirely different matter.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-history-teaches-us-about-who-wins-in-trade-wars-2018-03-02

Last edited:
Oh goody, a test.

1. Yes. There’s nothing inherently wrong with a trade deficit. If a country can produce goods better and cheaper than we can, that benefits consumers. That’s the whole principle of a free market. You can’t force people to buy inferior products, and protectionist policies causes US manufacturers to become lazy. See the auto industry in the 1980s.

2. It hurts both. It’s a lose/lose proposition.

3. Better. They are a communist country so they don’t always do what’s best for their citizens.

4. We aren’t in a position of weakness. Our economy and employment were doing just fine before the trade wars.

That’s the problem with your whole premise, that we actually needed a trade war to have a growing economy. You’re focused on something insignificant, such as trade deficits. Rather than economic growth, low inflation and high employment. We have trade deficits with some countries, and surpluses with others. If Japan makes better cars cheaper, why should we be forced to buy American. Same with electronics, clothing, coffee, and thousands of other products. Our greatest strength is technology and innovation. That is what we export, and what makes us have the largest economy in the world, with the highest standard of living. We don’t need tariffs as long as we continue to innovate.

Now if you want to change the discussion to fair trade, that’s an entirely different matter.

The conversation was always about fair trade, obviously. That is, was and should be the goal. It's not an anti-China position. How many times have I mentioned that American exports need a fair shake in other markets, including in China. How do we achieve that?

And obviously the trade war isn't all about physical goods either. It's about issues like intellectual property theft, patent infringement, the lack of investment opportunity and artificial devaluation of currency amongst many others.

And the issues we had with higher quality, cheaper cars from Japan isn't a great parallel for what's going on between the US and China. That's a horrible comparison and I suspect that you know as much. An American company that spends hundreds of millions of dollars on R&D to improve its market share that never gets that market share because Chinese firms either outright steal trade secrets or the Chinese government demands access to the trade secret in exchange for access to their markets. That's ridiculous and unsustainable and it isn't that hard to understand.

You’re focused on something insignificant, such as trade deficits. Rather than economic growth, low inflation and high employment. We have trade deficits with some countries, and surpluses with others. If Japan makes better cars cheaper, why should we be forced to buy American. Same with electronics, clothing, coffee, and thousands of other products. Our greatest strength is technology and innovation. That is what we export, and what makes us have the largest economy in the world, with the highest standard of living. We don’t need tariffs as long as we continue to innovate.

And you think Trump is the one that doesn't get international trade.

Other countries slap tariffs on their goods, skippy. When we don't put tariffs on our goods and other countries do on theirs AND we run trade deficits.....you feel it in your wallet.

Incredible that you don't get this. This is 10th grade economics at best.

So your point is that as long as it it hurts China more than the US, it’s a good plan. Tell that to the farmers having to shut down, or the companies having to pay more for their materials. Not to mention other people that sell into China. We call that a lose/lose deal.

In your scenario, a worldwide recession would be a good thing. I can tell your not an economist.
All of these farmers are going belly up...simply not true. Similar to the fruit/veggie pickers that were blocked from entering the US illegally has crippled that business as well. Less avocados mean smaller portions of gaucamole, say it ain't so.

In your scenario, a worldwide recession would be a good thing. I can tell your not an economist.

Btw, I'm not an economist and you aren't either, obviously.

I am a small business owner...I am not a globalist. Ironically I left school after I began working on my MBA in International Business, haha. I got a job offer that I couldn't refuse.

I have zero issue with a healthy global economy. I do not, under any circumstance, believe that the global economy should be a priority over the US economy. In other news, water is wet....or is it?

The conversation was always about fair trade, obviously. That is, was and should be the goal. It's not an anti-China position. How many times have I mentioned that American exports need a fair shake in other markets, including in China. How do we achieve that?

And obviously the trade war isn't all about physical goods either. It's about issues like intellectual property theft, patent infringement, the lack of investment opportunity and artificial devaluation of currency amongst many others.

And the issues we had with higher quality, cheaper cars from Japan isn't a great parallel for what's going on between the US and China. That's a horrible comparison and I suspect that you know as much. An American company that spends hundreds of millions of dollars on R&D to improve its market share that never gets that market share because Chinese firms either outright steal trade secrets or the Chinese government demands access to the trade secret in exchange for access to their markets. That's ridiculous and unsustainable and it isn't that hard to understand.

I’d you want to talk about IP theft, then I’m 100% in agreement. But then both you and Donald should stop talking about trade deficits. And the new trade deal does nothing about IP theft. And tariffs aren’t a good way to address IP theft.

All of these farmers are going belly up...simply not true. Similar to the fruit/veggie pickers that were blocked from entering the US illegally has crippled that business as well. Less avocados mean smaller portions of gaucamole, say it ain't so.

Some are. I know several that are selling their farms because of the loss of revenue. Farming margins are small enough as it is. How many businesses can withstand a 20-30% reduction in price with higher costs?

Are you a farmer? I am.

Last edited:
I’d you want to talk about IP theft, then I’m 100% in agreement. But then both you and Donald should stop talking about trade deficits. And the new trade deal does nothing about IP theft. And tariffs aren’t a good way to address IP theft.

The deficit is leverage. No one, not one single soul, believes we can, will or should eliminate the trade deficit with China.

Ummm...IP theft isn't being addressed in the trade deal? Sorry friend, you are wrong. There are two types of IP theft going on in China right now. The one most easily addressed is the above board type...ie if you want to sell your product here, you must provide us with your IP.

That is absolutely being addressed.

I am a small business owner...I am not a globalist. Ironically I left school after I began working on my MBA in International Business, haha. I got a job offer that I couldn't refuse.

I have zero issue with a healthy global economy. I do not, under any circumstance, believe that the global economy should be a priority over the US economy. In other news, water is wet....or is it?

Well, I have an MBA so I’d say that I have a better understanding of economics than the average person.

And I am a small business owner as well, but have also been involved in many international operations, including China. I understand how international business works.

The deficit is leverage. No one, not one single soul, believes we can, will or should eliminate the trade deficit with China.

Ummm...IP theft isn't being addressed in the trade deal? Sorry friend, you are wrong. There are two types of IP theft going on in China right now. The one most easily addressed is the above board type...ie if you want to sell your product here, you must provide us with your IP.

That is absolutely being addressed.
It’s being talked about. That should have been the first thing addressed but It’s not in the Phase 1 Deal. I doubt they will ever give that up. They are just waiting him out.

Some are. I know several that are selling their farms because of the loss of revenue.

Are you a farmer? I am.

Pork is being hit hard. If you're a glass half full type, pork is cheaper for US consumers. Haha, use those savings to purchase your next set of wired headphones.

It’s being talked about. That should have been the first thing addressed but It’s not in the Phase 1 Deal. I doubt they will ever give that up. They are just waiting him out.

How do you know that? Are you in the meetings? It will be a sticking point for us and we will get it.

Like I said, if Trump wins reelection, we win the trade war. I assume this means I can count on your vote???

How do you know that? Are you in the meetings? It will be a sticking point for us and we will get it.

Like I said, if Trump wins reelection, we win the trade war. I assume this means I can count on your vote???
I know it’s not in the phase 1 deal. And I know how important it is to them, and that it’s a part of their laws. So I don’t KNOW, but I have a pretty good idea.

And I d vote for a dead cat before I’d vote for Trump. He has no idea what he’s doing, he has no respect for the office, and he’s dangerous because of his humongous ego.

I find it odd that you guys worship someone that has screwed up pretty much everything.

Last edited:
I know it’s not in the phase 1 deal. And I know how important it is to them, and that it’s a part of their laws. So I don’t KNOW, but I have a pretty good idea.

And I d vote for a dead cat before I’d vote for Trump. He has no idea what he’s doing, he has no respect for the office, and he’s dangerous because of his humongous ego.

I find it odd that you guys worship someone that has screwed up pretty much everything.

I worship him? You and I have a very different definition of the word.

He has screwed up pretty much everything? Hmmm....

From the NYT's on the Phase 1 deal...

It would also strengthen Chinese protections for American intellectual property and give financial services companies more access to China’s market, the president said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/business/economy/us-china-trade-deal.html
I can’t access the article but those things you mentioned are not part of the Phase 1 Deal from any source I’ve read.

I post on several boards and I swear the people on here are the most ignorant group of blind Trump followers I’ve come across. And that’s saying something. Good luck to you all. There’s no talking any sense into you.

A board full of Ghosts. How precious.

Last edited:
I can’t access the article but those things you mentioned are not part of the Phase 1 Deal from any source I’ve read.

I post on several boards and I swear the people on here are the most ignorant group of blind Trump followers I’ve come across. And that’s saying something. Good luck to you all. There’s no talking any sense into you.

Says the guy arguing with an article from the NYT's. I copied and pasted the bit you said didn't exist.

Run away if you like. You should probably claim we cheated too. I'll mail you your 9th place ribbon.

Btw, what I think you meant to say was, "wow, I was wrong...I had no idea."

One action of H2O (water) is totally opposite of every other combination of elements known to man. I love sodium chloride, but separate them, and shudders at what we inherit.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
You can't access it because the article doesn't exist.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

IP theft is being addressed, tho. You don't know that cause MSNBC won't tell you that. They are too busy getting you horny about some no-name Rudy once smiled at bringing down President Trump LMAO!

You underestimate your stupidity and lack of knowledge.
If you're gonna go up against @BamaFan1137 ...at least be a bit more prepared.

Agent Orange

Her Majesty's Secret Service require's a candidate to live in a chamber for 30 days without the chambermaid knowing. Agent Orange lacks such a skill. Much too hard hitting.

You guys are precious. I’m not back, but I was curious to find any source other than “the president says.” LOL. . All I see are that

1. No deal has been signed
2. No one really knows what’s in it other than Ag subsidies.
3. There is no comprehensive IP reform.

Carry on with your echo chamber. I’ll be back to laugh at you when the final deal is, or isn’t signed.

This is from The Hill

But the deal must still be written and signed by both parties, and it steered clear of broader issues Trump hoped to address when he embarked on the trade war last year, including broader intellectual property issues, forced technology transfer and massive Chinese industrial subsidies.

https://apple.news/Admj56Wp2RLqaxuZas5XIXg

Last edited:
You guys are precious. I’m not back, but I was curious to find any other source than the one listed. All I see are that

Carry on with your echo chamber. I’ll be back to laugh at you when the final deal is, or isn’t signed.

This is from The Hill

But the deal must still be written and signed by both parties, and it steered clear of broader issues Trump hoped to address when he embarked on the trade war last year, including broader intellectual property issues, forced technology transfer and massive Chinese industrial subsidies.

Why are you back replying to points raised by posters that you claim to have on Ignore?

Reactions: AgentOrange2217
You guys are precious. I’m not back, but I was curious to find any other source than the one listed. All I see are that

This is from The Hill

Only reason you're telling us you're not back is all of us are making you look like a b*tch!
Just keep giving us updates on Greta Thunberg and Global Warming.
H38xHtZ.gif

giphy.gif

Only reason you're telling us you're not back is all of us are making you look like a b*tch!
Just keep giving us updates on Greta Thunberg and Global Warming.
H38xHtZ.gif

giphy.gif

Serious questions for you. Are you really a Gator Dad? I mean, you act like a child on here so must just using your Dad’s account. Do you talk this way in real life?

I’m actually curious.

Says the guy arguing with an article from the NYT's. I copied and pasted the bit you said didn't exist.

Run away if you like. You should probably claim we cheated too. I'll mail you your 9th place ribbon.

@BamaFan1137 ...if you don't mind...and with the Holidays almost upon us...and since you're always in such a generous mood...here's how you can elevate your Holiday giving...after all, giving is where it's at...you could give/send @BSC911 a rainbow colored 9th place ribbon and his/her/it's own participation trophy...just to show you're equal opportunity and full of the Holiday spirit...talk about a twofer for the Holidays!...you've given and @BSC911 has received.

Agent Orange

Better than a board full of @BSC911s.
At least ghosts can go where nobody else can...sight unseen.
You're always on full display here.
And the results are less than encouraging.

Agent Orange

Better than a board full of @BSC911s.
At least ghosts can go where nobody else can...sight unseen.
You're always on full display here.
And the results are less than encouraging.

Agent Orange

@BSC911 needs to run off to the Iowa board with @SoProudNole. There they think the Washington Post is the gospel and have a running countdown to the number of days this planet has left till it succumbs to cow farts. Seriously, they are all-in on the man-made climate change hoax, most are busy building a rocketship to take them to Mars.

Reactions: AgentOrange2217
Looks like I didn’t have to wait until November to laugh at you losers. All the Times did was quote Donald, who we all know is a born liar.

Bloomberg reports that China wants another round of talks before even thinking about signing “phase one” of the trade deal, according to people familiar with the matter. Despite Trump’s all-caps claim on Sunday that “CHINA HAS ALREADY BEGUN AGRICULTURAL PURCHASES FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS & RANCHERS!,” Beijing’s state-run media said only that the two sides had “agreed to make joint efforts toward eventually reaching an agreement.” An op-ed that ran in China Daily over the weekend cautioned, “Let’s nail down ‘phase one’ before moving to the next. As based on its past practice, there is always the possibility that Washington may decide to cancel the deal if it thinks that doing so will better serve its interests.” In a statement, Geng Shuang, a foreign ministry spokesman, said that while progress had been made, there is still work to be done, and that he hoped “the U.S. will work with China and meet each other halfway.” Stocks opened lower on Monday after surging on Friday.

Carry on in your echo chamber. Let me know when you children are ready to hear more truth.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT