ADVERTISEMENT

And the sad thing is...it really isn't that upsetting...

People saying Mac flipped out on a reporter for asking if we will be ready for Bama.

Mac wants to act like Saban with reporters but doesn't have the record to get a pass like that on his mess.

Don't sweat it, these things can turn quickly......right now they are better than us on the football field....

just kinda...oh well...yeah we suck and can't play with those guys...matter of fact...that is what we are as a program now.
Yup, it honestly doesn't bother me like it used to with a loss. Its something I've excepted, that we are not good anymore and i guess this is our standard now. Only going to get worse next year with all of the departures on defense. The offense is worse than Muschamps, im serious.

Same. I wasn't mad, just kinda annoyed I spent time watching it when I knew what was coming. I actually find myself making up little games while they play now. "If Cronkrite comes in the game and we don't throw I'll kill this piece of pizza."

Don't sweat it, these things can turn quickly......right now they are better than us on the football field....
Knife to a gun fight. I know you all had a lot of injuries, but you have outright starters...no injuries who wouldn't see the depth chart on our team. That is a fact and unless the recruiting picks up, it won't get better. Jimbo is what he is....an elite recruiter...a B level game day guy. But Florida is not going to catch FSU like NCSU or GT do on occasion when Jimbo cant get them focused. UF is going to face a focused FSU every year and until you guys show up with reasonably similar talent, you aren't going to really have a chance.

Anyone looking forward to the ass whipping we're going to take in Atlanta?

i1YEL3o.gif

You look at a game like Mich/OSU and see how Urb and Harb handle that atmosphere and energy and use it as motivation. Now look at the way that Mac motivates and acts for FSU. He just doesn't get it. He doesn't understand the intensity of the rivalry, and he apparently doesn't have the capability of harnessing that intensity to get the best out of his players in that kind of a game. It really is just like any other game to him.

You look at a game like Mich/OSU and see how Urb and Harb handle that atmosphere and energy and use it as motivation. Now look at the way that Mac motivates and acts for FSU. He just doesn't get it. He doesn't understand the intensity of the rivalry, and he apparently doesn't have the capability of harnessing that intensity to get the best out of his players in that kind of a game. It really is just like any other game to him.
All the intensity in the world was not going to help you tonight. The only thing that was going to help you was talent and that ain't showing up any time soon. You don't think your coach didn't know what is what before the game started? He went for it on the first series bc he knew he would struggle to get down there again. UF does not match up with FSU right now and won't for the near or midterm future.

Reapectfully disagree. But for boneheaded and pussified coaching, that game could have been much closer.
feel free to tell me where I am wrong. We have two elite pass rushers...UF has none. FSU WR> UF.
FSU RBs>UF
FSU QB >UF
FSU DL>UF
FSU LB > UF
FSU TE > UF
Where UF has an advantage is CB...if James is healthy I am not even sure I don't give the secondary at FSU the nod.
Both OL are bad, but FSU held their own against UF and UF did not against FSU, so you have to give the nod to FSU there too.

Do you really disagree with any of the above?

If sadgator gave a rat's ass or paid attention to any of your players, he might be able to have an intelligent conversation about talent. As it is, and as was, all the talent in the world doesn't matter when you aren't adequately motivated or prepared, which we never are under this dude.

The entire sec is total shit besides Alabama. Historically bad. The coaching isn't any good either. Seriously who's the second best coach in the league? Bulemia? Talk about living on past accomplishments. Saban has killed the entire conference.

Same. I wasn't mad, just kinda annoyed I spent time watching it when I knew what was coming. I actually find myself making up little games while they play now. "If Cronkrite comes in the game and we don't throw I'll kill this piece of pizza."

Same - I was more pissed it was a late game and I needed to get up early the next day.

Reactions: sadgator
If sadgator gave a rat's ass or paid attention to any of your players, he might be able to have an intelligent conversation about talent. As it is, and as was, all the talent in the world doesn't matter when you aren't adequately motivated or prepared, which we never are under this dude.
I am frequently critical of Jimbo bc once or twice a season we lose to a team we had no business losing to....but those teams are non rival games. Players should never need external motivation when FSU - UF line up....UM-FSU....UF-UGa....FSU-Clemson. The games should be close unless there are mistakes, not because one team manhandles another. Your "motivation" reason was frequently spouted on Warchant back in the day. The reality is, it took an elite recruiter 3 years to dig out of the hole and put us back in the top 5 in the country in terms of talent. UF was beating our *** because they were lining up 7-9 NFL players from every class against our 3-5 NFL players from every class.

@sadgator, totally respect your takes on things. However, this is no different than the Tebow years. During that time, we were done before we even took the field due to the talent gap. UF needs an elite QB which they don't seem to have at the moment and some play makers at WR. I think Scarlett will be very tough to stop once he gets some help. That defense is elite, but you can't go o'fer on third downs and not expect them to wear down at some point.

Reactions: tnole903
Your secondary is good. I was surprised by how poorly your OL played though.

Hang in there, Sad. I made it through the Urban years. You will get that loving feeling back one day.

Reactions: passoverGator
The difference in quarterbacks was just glaring. Hopefully one of our freshman is a playmaker like that. I'll believe it when I see it, however.

Your secondary is good. I was surprised by how poorly your OL played though.

Hang in there, Sad. I made it through the Urban years. You will get that loving feeling back one day.
Well, in the last quarter and a half, after Ivey went out, the oline was 4 freshman and a junior.

Our talent isn't great but it's made to look worse by the positions our coaches put them in. Like the oline...they were put in positions to fail numerous times. I mentioned it in the game thread but it obvious passing situations FSU lines Walker up over our true freshman tackle and we leave him out there 1-on-1 with no help. We don't move the pocket, keep a TE or back over there to chip or nothing. Then our idiot fans will blame the oline. FSU was sending 5-6 man pressure and we were out there in empty sets calling deep drops with the QB. That isn't a talent issue, those plays were lost before the snap by scheme. Their coaches embarrassed ours all night.

All the intensity in the world was not going to help you tonight. The only thing that was going to help you was talent and that ain't showing up any time soon. You don't think your coach didn't know what is what before the game started? He went for it on the first series bc he knew he would struggle to get down there again. UF does not match up with FSU right now and won't for the near or midterm future.
Wasn't too long ago that we had won 6 out of 7. The talent is an issue, no doubt, but the coaching is an even bigger issue. Jimbo schooled our staff last night. But again, these things can change quickly.

Our talent isn't great but it's made to look worse by the positions our coaches put them in. Like the oline...they were put in positions to fail numerous times. I mentioned it in the game thread but it obvious passing situations FSU lines Walker up over our true freshman tackle and we leave him out there 1-on-1 with no help. We don't move the pocket, keep a TE or back over there to chip or nothing. Then our idiot fans will blame the oline. FSU was sending 5-6 man pressure and we were out there in empty sets calling deep drops with the QB. That isn't a talent issue, those plays were lost before the snap by scheme. Their coaches embarrassed ours all night.
Exactly. This 9-3 nole team isn't exactly world beaters. Want to see some real talent, then turn on your tv this coming Saturday around 4:30.

I mentioned it in the game thread but it obvious passing situations FSU lines Walker up over our true freshman tackle and we leave him out there 1-on-1 with no help. We don't move the pocket, keep a TE or back over there to chip or nothing.

I honestly felt bad for that kid. There's just no way an 18 year old freshman OT is going to block a 22 year old senior, All-American DE. The OT just has no chance.

Reactions: passoverGator
I honestly felt bad for that kid. There's just no way an 18 year old freshman OT is going to block a 22 year old senior, All-American DE. The OT just has no chance.

Correct. And our idiot OC left him out there to get embarrassed down after down with no help. And when he wasn't doing that we were in empty formations while FSU sent one more than we could block each time. But fans will blame the oline for not blocking well. "Our oline is bad! You can't blame the coaches for that nothing they could call would work with a line that bad!"

The coaches are to blame on pass pro but I was surprised by there not being any push for Scarlett essentially. He gashed LSU last week so I thought we might see the same.

We will never know because our coaches are too afraid to play them...and by the time they would have played them, they will likely have transferred.

I agree. I saw LDR in pads on the sideline and broke into a cold sweat. I see it all happening now. LDR, practicing to start he bowl. Lots of comments from the coaches about his knowledge of the offense and how the injuries sidetracked him.

feel free to tell me where I am wrong. We have two elite pass rushers...UF has none. FSU WR> UF.
FSU RBs>UF
FSU QB >UF
FSU DL>UF
FSU LB > UF
FSU TE > UF
Where UF has an advantage is CB...if James is healthy I am not even sure I don't give the secondary at FSU the nod.
Both OL are bad, but FSU held their own against UF and UF did not against FSU, so you have to give the nod to FSU there too.

Do you really disagree with any of the above?

I think, sans injuries, our LB'er and DL are better than FSU. Not an excuse but just an observation.

I think, sans injuries, our LB'er and DL are better than FSU. Not an excuse but just an observation.
opinions are a large part of being a football follower....I think the NFL guys will agree with me. There will be two FSU players taken in the draft from the DL well ahead of any of Florida's current DL players...injury or no injury

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT