ADVERTISEMENT

“There is literally no snow this year”

We own a ski house in Colorado and live in West Michigan.

Colorado is seeing excellent snow. The North East has very little.
West Michigan got 30 inches and then the temperature went up to 50 degrees and it all melted.
To be a "climate denier" is another great way to lose the middle part of the electorate.

It's painfully obvious there is significant change and that, with the industrial revolution, we have polluted for 150 years.

What is open for extremely reasonable debate is:

1. What is China's role and actions and holding them accountable.
2. What is India's role and actions and holding them accountable.
3. How do we PHASE in clean energy.
4. Role of Nuclear.
5. Promoting remote work so that people do not waste energy and carbon (let alone money)

West Michigan got 30 inches and then the temperature went up to 50 degrees and it all melted.
To be a "climate denier" is another great way to lose the middle part of the electorate.

It's painfully obvious there is significant change and that, with the industrial revolution, we have polluted for 150 years.

4. Role of Nuclear.
5. Promoting remote work so that people do not waste energy and carbon (let alone money)
Climate's going to climate. No amount of cuckery, hand wringing, taxes or forcing Americans to live like cavemen is going to stop climate from evolving. It's done it since time began, and no amount of virtue signaling is going to prevent mother nature's march.

4. Role of Nuclear.
It’s about 60 in Detroit today on January 4th.

Reactions: goldmom
Climate's going to climate. No amount of cuckery, hand wringing, taxes or forcing Americans to live like cavemen is going to stop climate from evolving. It's done it since time began, and no amount of virtue signaling is going to prevent mother nature's march.
To some extent, but not this extent. That's like saying "well, you are going to die, and no amount of concern about poor diet, lack of exercise will matter". Of course it will.

You put out 150 years of carbon, and sure, bad things will happen. It's not rocket science.

The question again, is what do you do about it so that you don't, unilaterally force americans to live like cavemen while other countries continue to do whatever they want and put their economies before ours.

Denying it just, like abortion as trump noted the other day, just pushes out independents, R loses republican seats and now you have the Dems run the senate and the House not even able to elect a speaker.

Really poor way to proceed.

By the way, great way for Trump to make "America first"? Agree that it is an issue (versus silly denials), but do it in an American first way:

1. Best EVs in the world (Tesla)
2. Best wind power in the world (see: Iowa - 43% of electricity from wind)
3. Best Nuclear
4. Keep producing oil (cleanest in world)
5. Sensible ways to reduce consumption (remote work - which by the way, is knife into democratic run cities)
6. Invest in clean tech and energy

Reactions: BSC911
The question again, is what do you do about it so that you don't, unilaterally force americans to live like cavemen while other countries continue to do whatever they want and put their economies before ours.
I think the real question is how did we as a nation reach a point where supposedly intelligent people are so susceptible to fear-mongering from the media that they believe that we will all be living like cavemen in our lifetimes due to climate change.

THAT is the question I want an answer to, because I believe that is an actual problem that needs to be addressed.

I think the real question is how did we as a nation reach a point where supposedly intelligent people are so susceptible to fear-mongering from the media that they believe that we will all be living like cavemen in our lifetimes due to climate change.

THAT is the question I want an answer to, because I believe that is an actual problem that needs to be addressed.
We're a hell of a lot more likely living like cavemen if Hiden's campaign promises come to fruition. Does no one remember that? (especially BScuck). 😂

By the way, great way for Trump to make "America first"? Agree that it is an issue (versus silly denials),

"Silly denials" sounds suspiciously like "the science is settled"...which it clearly is not.

I have no issues taking steps that make sense. I have a LOT of issues taking steps that do not.

Wind farming doesn't make a lot of sense from what I've read, even in places like Iowa or the low countries in Europe where the conditions are otherwise perfect. Are they feel good? Absolutely...but they don't make dollars and sense...at least not yet.

Nuclear makes a LOT of sense as does natural gas, cleaner oil, cleaner coal and investments in clean energy...but not at the expense of common sense and to the detriment of lower/middle class citizens.

By the way, great way for Trump to make "America first"? Agree that it is an issue (versus silly denials), but do it in an American first way:

3. Best Nuclear
5. Sensible ways to reduce consumption (remote work - which by the way, is knife into democratic run cities)
BTW when the left stops pushing EVs, then I'll believe they are serious about saving the planet. Because you literally have to destroy the planet to obtain the rare earths you need for EV batteries.

This is what happens when some people think emotionally instead of logically. Logically, there is no reason to support this nonsense.

"Silly denials" sounds suspiciously like "the science is settled"...which it clearly is not.

I have no issues taking steps that make sense. I have a LOT of issues taking step that do not.

Wind farming doesn't make a lot of sense from what I've read, even in places like Iowa or the low countries in Europe. Are they feel good? Absolutely...but they don't make dollars and sense.

Nuclear makes a LOT of sense as does natural gas, cleaner oil, cleaner coal and investments in clean energy...but not at the expense of common sense and to the detriment of lower/middle class citizens.
Wind farms are the dumbest idea ever. They depend on , duh, high winds. They are vulnerable to freezing weather, and slaughter birds by the thousands. Solar panels depend on duh, bright sunshine and polluting lithium. Nuclear energy makes sense, why hasn't woke California gotten on board with that? :rolleyes: 😂 By simply abandoning conventional energy and going all in on "not ready for primetime" solutions is the moronic dog whistle of the easily shorn sheep.

BTW when the left stops pushing EVs, then I'll believe they are serious about saving the planet. Because you literally have to destroy the planet to obtain the rare earths you need for EV batteries.

This is what happens when some people think emotionally instead of logically. Logically, there is no reason to support this nonsense.
I was literally typing this and you beat me to the post. 😂

Because of this year's snowfall?

Are you serious?
It's sad, isn't it? Weather and climate are cyclical. Prior to man having internal combustion engines, the US has had hurricanes that make the past 50 year's storms look like mild spring showers. What is frustrating to me, the US has some of the cleanest industry standards and yet donates money to the biggest polluters on the planet. Kaptain Ketchup should be strung up by the balls and hung from the Statue of Liberty. :mad:

It would be great if we could wish hard enough to make this untrue.

...no to mention the slavery issues in the supply chain.

Wind farms are the dumbest idea ever. They depend on , duh, high winds. They are vulnerable to freezing weather, and slaughter birds by the thousands. Solar panels depend on duh, bright sunshine and polluting lithium. Nuclear energy makes sense, why hasn't woke California gotten on board with that? :rolleyes: 😂 By simply abandoning conventional energy and going all in on "not ready for primetime" solutions is the moronic dog whistle of the easily shorn sheep.

Perhaps when the hippies from the 60's die off, nuclear will have a chance. You will never convince those freaks of anything.

Again, through modern advancements in nuclear power generation (recycling the spent rods), we can power a city of 1 million people for 1 year and the spent nuclear waste will be roughly the size of a Rubik's Cube....weighing 1,800lbs. 😳

This is just one example.

Higher temperatures = less snow, more evaporation and radically falling water levels.

First I've heard of evaporation being an issue. Where is the water going?

Is the theory that the water is staying (perpetually) in the atmosphere???

3. Best Nuclear
1) According to a report from VW, it takes 60k-100k miles for an EV to "break even" from a carbon footprint perspective. Got to Cars.com and tell me how often you see a Tesla with this kind of mileage.
2) Wind actually warms the area around the turbines, they kill birds and disposing of the huge fiberglass is harmful to the earth.
3) Agree, we should be investing in Nuclear.
4) Agree
5) Nothing we do here is going to offset the India's and China's of the world. But stop driving and start eating bugs if you want.
6) Depends on what you mean by "clean". We need to invest R&D into leading edge energy like the Porsche e-fuel project (which is $45/gal now, expected to be $8/gal by 2026)...and not things with no net benefit like windmills, EV's and solar panels.

Happy you asked. It’s the current cooling pattern we are all going through with El Niño set to resume this summer. Buckle up.
More of an answer I gave than a question. El Nino and La Nina control EVERYTHING weather related. Hurricanes, weather patterns, droughts, etc. We are on yr 3 of a La Nina, and in NW Fla, that means drier than normal weather, and high pressures. Keeps hurricanes away a bit, and does not let them strengthen as much. I would allmost bet that the lack of snow in that area is caused by the La Nina.....

Reactions: goldmom
Happy you asked. It’s the current cooling pattern we are all going through with El Niño set to resume this summer. Buckle up.
La Nina is NOT a cooling pattern we are all going through. You need to read up on what you are posting. It effects different parts of our Country VERY differently. You must not boat very much....

Reactions: BamaFan1137

3. Best Nuclear
Trump is not a liar like EVERY lib is. He would have to be a serial LIAR like EVERY lefty alive to make that statement..he is MUCH smarter than that.

1) According to a report from VW, it takes 60k-100k miles for an EV to "break even" from a carbon footprint perspective. Got to Cars.com and tell me how often you see a Tesla with this kind of mileage.
2) Wind actually warms the area around the turbines, they kill birds and disposing of the huge fiberglass is harmful to the earth.
3) Agree, we should be investing in Nuclear.
4) Agree
5) Nothing we do here is going to offset the India's and China's of the world. But stop driving and start eating bugs if you want.
6) Depends on what you mean by "clean". We need to invest R&D into leading edge energy like the Porsche e-fuel project (which is $45/gal now, expected to be $8/gal by 2026)...and not things with no net benefit like windmills, EV's and solar panels.
..and the above is a reasonable discussion around the "how to move forward".

La Nina is NOT a cooling pattern we are all going through. You need to read up on what you are posting. It effects different parts of our Country VERY differently. You must not boat very much....

Exactly...like the issue with evaporation. The water isn't disappearing. It's just evaporating here and falling there.

That has occurred since the dawn of time. Here and there may fluctuate but the pattern has always been there.

And if we're to believe global warming models, which I absolutely hesitate to do, we have more liquid water, not less.

Reactions: fatman76
Trump is not a liar like EVERY lib is. He would have to be a serial LIAR like EVERY lefty alive to make that statement..he is MUCH smarter than that.
He got this right:

This is just one example.

Higher temperatures = less snow, more evaporation and radically falling water levels.
Well that proves it.

No snow in MI this year and a 20 year drought in a desert region.

The world is on fire, let's eat bugs and bicycle to work.

Was a decade of the dust bowl a sign of Climate Change? It sure was, and we didn't have a damn thing to do with it (although ignorant farming probably led to too much dust).

Like with any Climate Change prediction I've seen using current events, the problem of proximity bias is incredible. Back up where you're measuring from. A decade or 3, that's weather. 500 years is Climate.

The decline was clearly starting in the early 1900's, well before we starting emitting "too much" carbon into the atmosphere (look at that massive 10yr avg dip starting in 1923 - we cause that?):

This one shows wild swings in the CO basin over the last 500 years:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT