ADVERTISEMENT

When are yall supposed to start practice?

Ill be working in Metairie, not sure where I'll be living exactly just yet. Might be in the French quarter.
Depends how much the interstate is going their now...I was there 12 years ago. Lakeview is nice, more high end and safer....parts of Meterie is ok in most spots...I - 10 is a pain or was....Kenner is pretty cool...that's where the airport is at. Pends on your budget and where want to be at. Only, don't get off Bourbon St, no kidding, you might get robbed at gun point. Doesn't know matter if you know how to handle yourself. Stay on Canal, Poydres (a block down but the business district), or Bourbon when you're down there. Lots of crime in that city. Go up St Charles St where Payton Manning's family own a home and live...2 streets over, you're in the worst streets in the area and you'll know it if you go there. If you go to St Bernard Parish through some inter-city streets can get you robbed. 9th ward ain't no joke...the west bank has some terrible spots too. You'll know when you see people on the street just hanging out and billboards with murders on them. Food is money, Sheriton Hotel used to have a restaurant on the 2nd floor...really affordable and just great. Go to Emerals restaurants when you can. Delmonicos is the best, get on their site....I think that that they have like 4 or 5 in the area....NOLA is great too. Just some tips :)

Depends how much the interstate is going their now...I was there 12 years ago. Lakeview is nice, more high end and safer....parts of Meterie is ok in most spots...I - 10 is a pain or was....Kenner is pretty cool...that's where the airport is at. Pends on your budget and where want to be at. Only, don't get off Bourbon St, no kidding, you might get robbed at gun point. Doesn't know matter if you know how to handle yourself. Stay on Canal, Poydres (a block down but the business district), or Bourbon when you're down there. Lots of crime in that city. Go up St Charles St where Payton Manning's family own a home and live...2 streets over, you're in the worst streets in the area and you'll know it if you go there. If you go to St Bernard Parish through some inter-city streets can get you robbed. 9th ward ain't no joke...the west bank has some terrible spots too. You'll know when you see people on the street just hanging out and billboards with murders on them. Food is money, Sheriton Hotel used to have a restaurant on the 2nd floor...really affordable and just great. Go to Emerals restaurants when you can. Delmonicos is the best, get on their site....I think that that they have like 4 or 5 in the area....NOLA is great too. Just some tips :)

Used to work with a guy that was their GM for a few years...he would treat us....Emerals have amazing service and food. Lots of places to get good and fat in that city lol.

my buddy and mentor moved there 4 years ago, so I've heard a lot about the area. I'm fully expecting to pay $1000 a month for a decent one-bedroom, $1500 for a 2.

I believe he lives around Frenchmen and Esplanade, so I'll probably stay there for a couple of weeks until I find the right place.

he's also warned me about the way people
Drive (which I've experienced in Atlanta travel for many years on 285).

pretty exciting though, even though the taxes for being a resident there are supposed to be through the roof.

Reactions: GatorNation79
my buddy and mentor moved there 4 years ago, so I've heard a lot about the area. I'm fully expecting to pay $1000 a month for a decent one-bedroom, $1500 for a 2.

I believe he lives around Frenchmen and Esplanade, so I'll probably stay there for a couple of weeks until I find the right place.

he's also warned me about the way people
Drive (which I've experienced in Atlanta travel for many years on 285).

pretty exciting though, even though the taxes for being a resident there are supposed to be through the roof.
I loved being there just some rough areas so i watched my surroundings, outside of that I never had an issue. I was there when LSU beat 'the Ohio State' (lame) in '07 I think...everyone was friendly but after the game I saw 3 fights...not kidding....just people watching. Then I walked to Bourbon St and it was party time. lol....Harrahs is a nice place to chill but lots of cool places to chill there. Depends on your flavor. I like history and there is a lot there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT