ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: It's all a game: House Republicans Elect Tom Emmer for Speaker in Secret Ballot

kjfreeze

Gator Great
Jan 17, 2005
He dropped out!! I guess I have to thank Trump for this one. Headlines lie. There's still hope.

MY THOUGHTS: I got sucked into it again. Politics. Nothing is as it seems in DC. NOTHING! Gaetz is agenda-driven just like all others in DC - I don't care which side of the aisle you're on. This whole political scene is a chess game being played and we are the pawns being moved about. This world is toast. Only Jesus Christ is going to be able to repair it and I'm not so sure it's gonna be anytime soon. I'm afraid we are all going to have to suck it up and live in depravity for years to come. Press conferences, the show in the Middle East, the elections... it's all part of the game. It's all a show. We've all been played and as long as we squabble with each other over this and that, we are participants of the game-playing process. I'm done with it all. So, let's not forget this is not carnal but spiritual. All spiritual. In the end, it's good vs evil. That's what we should be focusing on. Asking Jesus Christ to clean up this world - me included.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/breaking-house-republicans-elect-tom-emmer-speaker-secret/

Last edited:
MY THOUGHTS: I got sucked into it again. Politics. Nothing is as it seems in DC. NOTHING! Gaetz is agenda-driven just like all others in DC - I don't care which side of the aisle you're on. This whole political scene is a chess game being played and we are the pawns being moved about. This world is toast. Only Jesus Christ is going to be able to repair it and I'm not so sure it's gonna be anytime soon. I'm afraid we are all going to have to suck it up and live in depravity for years to come. Press conferences, the show in the Middle East, the elections... it's all part of the game. It's all a show. We've all been played and as long as we squabble with each other over this and that, we are participants of the game-playing process. I'm done with it all. So, let's not forget this is not carnal but spiritual. All spiritual. In the end, it's good vs evil. That's what we should be focusing on. Asking Jesus Christ to clean up this world - me included.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/breaking-house-republicans-elect-tom-emmer-speaker-secret/
I don’t think they have the votes.we shall see.

MY THOUGHTS: I got sucked into it again. Politics. Nothing is as it seems in DC. NOTHING! Gaetz is agenda-driven just like all others in DC - I don't care which side of the aisle you're on.
I don't understand why you are singling Gaetz out, did he vote for Emmer?

Otherwise, Republicans again back a guy that backs dem policies more than pub policies.

But don't call him a RINO. That offends @GatorTheo

Reactions: RussellCasse

Trump blasts Emmer as 'globalist RINO,' warns GOP against electing him​

Trump blasts Emmer as 'globalist RINO,' warns GOP against electing him

Former President Donald Trump attends his civil business fraud trial at the New York Supreme Court, Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2023, in New York. (Luiz C. Ribeiro/Pool Photo via AP)

Former President Trump on Tuesday blasted House Majority Leader Tom Emmer as a "globalist RINO," warning that electing him speaker of the House "would be a tragic mistake."
Emmer won the Republican nomination to be the next speaker of the House on Tuesday. Emmer is the third nominee since the ouster of former Speaker Kevin McCarthy earlier this month.
But even as he secured the majority of votes in the House Republican Conference meeting Tuesday, Trump, the 2024 Republican presidential frontrunner, slammed his nomination, and urged Republicans not to vote for him on the House floor.
"I have many wonderful friends wanting to be Speaker of the House, and some are truly great Warriors," Trump posted on his Truth Social Tuesday.
Trump endorsed Jordan, R-Ohio, to serve as speaker of the House earlier this month."RINO Tom Emmer, who I do not know well, is not one of them," Trump said. "He never respected the Power of a Trump Endorsement, or the breadth and scope of MAGA—MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"
A "RINO" stands for "Republican In Name Only."
Trump said Emmer "fought me all the way, and actually spent more time defending Ilhan Omar, than he did me."
"He is totally out-of-touch with Republican Voters," Trump said.
"I believe he has now learned his lesson, because he is saying that he is Pro-Trump all the way, but who can ever be sure? Has he only changed because that’s what it takes to win?"
Trump warned that the Republican Party "cannot take that chance, because that’s not where the America First Voters are." "Voting for a Globalist RINO like Tom Emmer would be a tragic mistake!" Trump posted.
Posted by Brooke Singman

We are in SERIOUS trouble...100 of "our" representatives voted for this democrat. Our deep state is DEEP.

• Love
Reactions: RussellCasse

I do not see Emmer getting enough votes to win. He only gets to try because he had 117 in the "secret" Repub vote.

Heard it said on the radio that he is probably one of the most "liberal" Repubs in Congress.

RINO Emmer GONE 👍🏻🤙🏻😎

It's hilarious that you think that's why they are called RINOs.

Hint: The term RINO was coined years before Trump. Your TDS is spectacular.
As I explained, the term, which has existed for decades, has been redefined on this board. You will call any republican that dares to disagree with Trump in any way a RINO.

Reactions: goldmom
@nail1988

There’s something weird going on. We all know that….

But I did find this.

What I do know, is that ousting Mccarthy and the rule changes Gaetz fought for legislatively don’t align with him supporting a Rino. Really nothing he has done to this point has….I am going to wait and see…

Last edited:
people ( conservatives ) are saying he’s a great choice ? He’s a southern boy from Louisiana don’t know that much about him.

@BayouGator1995

Last edited:
Reactions: BCSpell
people ( conservatives ) are saying he’s a great choice ? He’s a southern boy from Louisiana don’t know that much about him.

@BayouGator1995

Never heard of him. If he's not a Deep State plant, and Jordan goes back to being a Rottweiler on the scent of the trail to nail Biden, this might be okay. I just don't know what's what anymore.

As I explained, the term, which has existed for decades, has been redefined on this board. You will call any republican that dares to disagree with Trump in any way a RINO.
This board has become a refuge for predictable types who love being part of an echo chamber. It’s why I don’t check in much anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT