ADVERTISEMENT

UF/Vandy Game Thread

Final Analysis, Gator's Win Again... :cool:

The pass rush for Florida has become a major factor, with the Gators ranking third in the nation in sacks (20) and 11th in the nation in tackles for a loss (48). Florida had 11 tackles for a loss in its win last week over No. 5 LSU, the first team to hang that many on LSU since Alabama in the 2012 BCS National Championship Game.

Florida's pressure is coming from everywhere, too. The Gators are the only SEC team with four players (Vosean Joseph, Jachai Polite, Jabari Zuniga and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson) with at least six tackles for a loss. No other SEC team has more than two.

And where are all those football genius types that kept telling me in the preseason how the Gator D would not be that good in 2018, because they had few talented players and Grantham can't coach? ;)

Final Analysis, Gator's Win Again... :cool:

The pass rush for Florida has become a major factor, with the Gators ranking third in the nation in sacks (20) and 11th in the nation in tackles for a loss (48). Florida had 11 tackles for a loss in its win last week over No. 5 LSU, the first team to hang that many on LSU since Alabama in the 2012 BCS National Championship Game.

Florida's pressure is coming from everywhere, too. The Gators are the only SEC team with four players (Vosean Joseph, Jachai Polite, Jabari Zuniga and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson) with at least six tackles for a loss. No other SEC team has more than two.

And where are all those football genius types that kept telling me in the preseason how the Gator D would not be that good in 2018, because they had few talented players and Grantham can't coach? ;)

/raisinghand lol - glad I'm wrong!

I didn't know/bag on Grantham so no opinion there but I expected a step back on D

Maybe I need to pick Vandy to keep this winning streak going. You would think we handle Vandy easily but they have a history of giving us fits when they are supposed to be overmatched.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Win and get to the bye week 6-1. I don’t care how ugly it is. Do that and we get two weeks to rest up for UGA and fix some stuff. And we’d be almost a lock to win 10 games.

Reactions: kb851
My dad just texted me from the game. Said the crowd is 75% Florida fans and just sent me a picture of the home side...it's 60% empty 5 minutes before kickoff and it's their homecoming.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
43829067_10214283751620055_2577741995560665088_n.jpg

Agree. Pound it in. Unnecessary throw. Now they will remain in for a while. Argjhhh.

Just checked the drive again and it was actually 2nd and short. So we could have actually picked up a 1st down on the goaline. No reason at all to throw there.

Franks cant turn the ball over like that. I kno it was tipped but that was an easy 7 to 0 for the Gators.... This is what he has done in yrs past. Cant do that. Perfect playcalling by vandy

I hope today isn't a Grantham special. He is known for having about 2 games a year where that style gets you picked apart.

We have played grantham for yrs. Speedy receivers kill his defense. Getting open before that blitz gets there. Hes a gambler but he has always been a good dc

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Franks cant turn the ball over like that. I kno it was tipped but that was an easy 7 to 0 for the Gators.... This is what he has done in yrs past. Cant do that. Perfect playcalling by vandy

That turnover is on Mullen. It was 2nd and short, run the ball and get the 1st. Traffic is way more congested on the goaline and if you throw the defense knows you have to get rid of it fast because of the distance, which is why the defensive linemen had their hands up looking for the quick pass. You don’t throw there unless you have to, and we didn’t have to.

Was wondering why the oline was looking as effective as they did last week and sure enough just noticed Johnson has been back in at guard. Why the hell isnt Heggie starting? Johnson is so bad.

Pitts looks really good. Can’t wait till him and Krull take over full-time.

That turnover is on Mullen. It was 2nd and short, run the ball and get the 1st. Traffic is way more congested on the goaline and if you throw the defense knows you have to get rid of it fast because of the distance, which is why the defensive linemen had their hands up looking for the quick pass. You don’t throw there unless you have to, and we didn’t have to.

I both agree it's on Mullen - but Franks just has to not throw that ball.

I both agree it's on Mullen - but Franks just has to not throw that ball.

It’s a called pass and the guy was open. There’s no reason he shouldn’t have thrown it. It just shouldn’t have been called at all. We got cute for no reason, they weren’t stopping us on the ground.

It’s a called pass and the guy was open. There’s no reason he shouldn’t have thrown it. It just shouldn’t have been called at all. We got cute for no reason, they weren’t stopping us on the ground.

Looked super congested on the replay but I could be wrong. I get the point though.

Okay, chill.

Never thought I'd see the day that Bama slings the ball all over the field and Florida fans start clapping their hands together yelling "run the ball!"

No one is talking about that play if it isn't tipped. Shit happens. Doesn't make it a "bad" call.

If we run it and screw up, the narrative changes to "Vandy knew we were going to run, we should have gotten them off balance with a pass."

Someone finally taking advantage of Grantham's stuff by going big etc. Surprised we didn't see more of that in earlier games.

I hope today isn't a Grantham special. He is known for having about 2 games a year where that style gets you picked apart.

Don’t worry about him as much as the players. Whenever we have poor drives it’s always for the same reason...shitty discipline and guys getting out of their gaps trying to make highlight plays. Our safeties do a very bad job in contain also, Stiner especially.

Okay, chill.

Never thought I'd see the day that Bama slings the ball all over the field and Florida fans start clapping their hands together yelling "run the ball!"

No one is talking about that play if it isn't tipped. Shit happens. Doesn't make it a "bad" call.

If we run it and screw up, the narrative changes to "Vandy knew we were going to run, we should have gotten them off balance with a pass."

It’s the situation, passing in itself isn’t bad but we just gashed them on the ground and it was 2nd and short. Why not run, get the 1st, and get a new set of downs? If you want to throw on 1st or 2nd once you have a new set of downs whatever. I’m not playing a result, I don’t like throwing just to throw anymore than I like running just to run. Do what the situation dictates.

I think throwing there was the right call just executed very poorly. Franks is looking like he did last yr

It’s the situation, passing in itself isn’t bad but we just gashed them on the ground and it was 2nd and short. Why not run, get the 1st, and get a new set of downs? If you want to throw on 1st or 2nd once you have a new set of downs whatever. I’m not playing a result, I don’t like throwing just to throw anymore than I like running just to run. Do what the situation dictates.

Not disagreeing. But I don't think it was the worst call.

What's killing me is the screen pass.

Yeah, we blitzed, they read it, but we had two guys on top of him, in his passing lane, four hands up to deflect the pass, he lobs it from his back foot and somehow still gets it to the receiver for a dumb 75 yard TD. (Couldn't really see why we bit to the other side of the field and were so horribly out of position, I'm streaming it and can't rewind) but like I told my dad, this is feeling like a trap game where nothing goes right for us.

Not disagreeing. But I don't think it was the worst call.

What's killing me is the screen pass.

Yeah, we blitzed, they read it, but we had two guys on top of him, in his passing lane, four hands up to deflect the pass, he lobs it from his back foot and somehow still gets it to the receiver for a dumb 75 yard TD. (Couldn't really see why we bit to the other side of the field and were so horribly out of position, I'm streaming it and can't rewind) but like I told my dad, this is feeling like a trap game where nothing goes right for us.

Our safeties were no where to be found on the screen which is common when we get gashed. Seems like a **** up to me because we had nobody in contain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT