ADVERTISEMENT

UF/Vandy Game Thread

I haven't watched the game yet - first one I've missed live in years. Wife & I were with our daughter and 4 & 2 year old grandkids at a fall farm festival. Heard some of the game on the radio. Sounded like the O-line played very well and the guys should heart and pulled out a tough game on the road. I did see on a smartphone the first interception where the Vandy guy had both knees down on his 2 and don't understand how that call wasn't reversed. Anyway, another great win for a group that is playing their hearts out.

It was reversed.

How'd the Vandy game go?
Vandy 21 - 3 U :( -- then -- UF 34 - 6 Vandy :) = UF 37 - 27 VU :D

Cliff Notes:

Franks - 19 of 29, 65.5% for 284 yds, 2 TD's, 1 Int, 1 Fum.

Perine - 23 for121 yds, L-25, 5.3 ypc with a 7 yd TD
Rec - 4 for 93 yds, L-63 -- Combined 214 total yds

Scarlett - 16 for 113 yds 7.1 ypc with a 48 yd TD run.

Team total offense 292 rushing, 284 passing, combined 576 yds.
Team 31 1st Dns, while going 12 of 19 (63.2%) on 3rd Dns.
Team 92 Offensive plays for 576 yds, averaging 6.3 yds/play for 37 pts.
Team mishaps = 3 T-O's, with only 1 game ending takeaway.
Two steps forward, one step back, but that's still a gain... ;)
-----
The defense came alive in the 2nd quarter holding VU to 2 FG's the rest of the way.
And this time Chauncey Gardner-Johnson drove in the final nail with his Int.
=====

UF 32-1 Kentucky
UF 27-1 Vandy
UF 13-1 Tennessee

I guess it's really no wonder that all of those hillbillies hate the Flarda boys.... :cool:
=====

@ #22 UF - 27 - 19 #5 LSU (-8)

@ #13 LSU - 36 - 16 #2 UGly (-20)

@ WLOCP - UF ?? - ?? UGly
==========

Personally, I thought they got the bottom of the SEC bucket game officials....

UF at #11 in the AP could only happen with the ignorant/clueless votes of the media-morons. :rolleyes:

He got that big contract last year, he'll mail in the rest of his career at aubarn and dare them to fire him. If he got fired today, aubarn would owe him 32 MILLION with HALF of it due in a month.

He's got the turds by the short-hairs and he knows it.

Boogs today are convinced that aubarn is going to buyout Gus at the end of the year. Openly pulling for turds to lose every game left.

Turds really think aubarn will pay Gus $32 Million ($16 million upfront), then turn around and hire a new coach at $8 million a year. Likely offer him a 10-year deal, all guaranteed.....cause they want to 'go bigger' than A&M did.

Hilarious. Boogs have more coaches on payroll than most conferences, and most of them are long gone. I think they are still paying Tommy Tuberville and Gene Chizik.

Malzahn is an average coach that made the big mistake of going after a QB that doesn’t fit his system at all and hence the decline has begun.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if this is it for him.

Malzahn is an average coach that made the big mistake of going after a QB that doesn’t fit his system at all and hence the decline has begun.

At one point, Gus had signed TWO OL in 2 classes and FIVE QBs.

His system only works when he has a stud OL and a stud athlete playing QB. Problem is, he doesn't have the patience to recruit OL, and can't develop QBs for sh*t. Every QB he's coached has regressed the longer Gus has coached them. Even Cam Newton did, he was unstoppable early on, by the end of the season Dyer was the best player on offense.

And as you said, he keeps signing pocket passers, for some reason. Dude is making $7 Million a year and could care less. He will mail it in the rest of the way and dare aubarn to fire him. I suspect he will stink it up this year, then in 2019 he'll do a bit better to save his job, his agent Jimmy Sexton will put out reports that another Power 5 school wants him, and aubarn will panic and give him ANOTHER raise.

This is like the 3rd time he's done this. aubarn is so dumb they keep falling for it.

At one point, Gus had signed TWO OL in 2 classes and FIVE QBs.

His system only works when he has a stud OL and a stud athlete playing QB. Problem is, he doesn't have the patience to recruit OL, and can't develop QBs for sh*t. Every QB he's coached has regressed the longer Gus has coached them. Even Cam Newton did, he was unstoppable early on, by the end of the season Dyer was the best player on offense.

And as you said, he keeps signing pocket passers, for some reason. Dude is making $7 Million a year and could care less. He will mail it in the rest of the way and dare aubarn to fire him. I suspect he will stink it up this year, then in 2019 he'll do a bit better to save his job, his agent Jimmy Sexton will put out reports that another Power 5 school wants him, and aubarn will panic and give him ANOTHER raise.

This is like the 3rd time he's done this. aubarn is so dumb they keep falling for it.
Yep. Didn’t he sign that QB Sean White or whatever his name was and started him. He continually recruits kids that don’t fit his system. And then you mentioned is lack of oline recruiting.

Agree. He lucked into getting Cam Newton who almost singlehandly won a national title for Auburn and that gave Malzahn some cred. He's won some big games, like last year beating Georgia & Alabama. But he loses games he shouldn't. The Auburn alumni is crazed with jealousy over Alabama and that leads to irrational decisions.

I suspect he will stink it up this year, then in 2019 he'll do a bit better to save his job, his agent Jimmy Sexton will put out reports that another Power 5 school wants him, and aubarn will panic and give him ANOTHER raise.

The ole Jimbo Fisher gameplan.

How'd the Vandy game go?
Vandy 21 - 3 U :( -- then -- UF 34 - 6 Vandy :) = UF 37 - 27 VU :D

Cliff Notes:

Franks - 19 of 29, 65.5% for 284 yds, 2 TD's, 1 Int, 1 Fum.

Perine - 23 for121 yds, L-25, 5.3 ypc with a 7 yd TD
Rec - 4 for 93 yds, L-63 -- Combined 214 total yds

Scarlett - 16 for 113 yds 7.1 ypc with a 48 yd TD run.

Team total offense 292 rushing, 284 passing, combined 576 yds.
Team 31 1st Dns, while going 12 of 19 (63.2%) on 3rd Dns.
Team 92 Offensive plays for 576 yds, averaging 6.3 yds/play for 37 pts.
Team mishaps = 3 T-O's, with only 1 game ending takeaway.
Two steps forward, one step back, but that's still a gain... ;)
-----
The defense came alive in the 2nd quarter holding VU to 2 FG's the rest of the way.
And this time Chauncey Gardner-Johnson drove in the final nail with his Int.
=====

UF 32-1 Kentucky
UF 27-1 Vandy
UF 13-1 Tennessee

I guess it's really no wonder that all of those hillbillies hate the Flarda boys.... :cool:
=====

@ #22 UF - 27 - 19 #5 LSU (-8)

@ #13 LSU - 36 - 16 #2 UGly (-20)

@ WLOCP - UF ?? - ?? UGly
==========

Personally, I thought they got the bottom of the SEC bucket game officials....

UF at #11 in the AP could only happen with the ignorant/clueless votes of the media-morons. :rolleyes:
I agree that the rankings of LSU & Florida are a little bizarre. LSU beat Miami, Auburn and Georgia when they were all ranked pretty high and most of our wins have looked kind of ugly. But we beat them head up so you would think we would be a little higher and they wouldn't be #5. It will all play out, though, over the rest of the season. I just want us to beat Georgia and if we lose that game I don't want fans to go all negative, considering what most expected before the season started.

Reactions: instaGATOR
He almost won a national title with a DB at QB.

He got ****ed when Saban bitched about the tempo and they changed the rules to make sure the defense had time get on the field and adjust.

I hope he gets fired and we hire him as a random offensive assistant like Bama does to former coaches all the time.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

He got ****ed when Saban bitched about the tempo and they changed the rules to make sure the defense had time get on the field and adjust.

I hope he gets fired and we hire him as a random offensive assistant like Bama does to former coaches all the time.

I don't think Saban was wrong about that. It was similar to the Bengals back in the day when they would put 14 guys in the huddle then run 3 off before lining up. Too much of an advantage to the offense. There has to be some attempt at balance.

I don't think Saban was wrong about that. It was similar to the Bengals back in the day when they would put 14 guys in the huddle then run 3 off before lining up. Too much of an advantage to the offense. There has to be some attempt at balance.

Meh....not going to argue with that.

You're right.

But not being able to move at that tempo pretty much handicapped Gus' offensive genius.

I expected him to adjust but it seems he hasn't been able to.

That said, I wish we had hired him as our head coach in December 2019 instead of Muschamp.

You're right.

But not being able to move at that tempo pretty much handicapped Gus' offensive genius.

That said, I wish we had hired him as our head coach in December 2019 instead of Muschamp

Sober up loser, if that's even possible for you... :rolleyes:

Malzahn hasn’t recruited well or recruited the QB position well to fit his scheme. That’s on him. I think he’s a good offensive coach but not sure he knows how to run a program.

I think he’s better off being an OC

Reactions: ocalaman

Gus is garbage as a coach. He's literally coaching at the only Power 5 program dumb enough to have him.

Gus won in 2013 by exploiting the rules, plain and simple. Let's say it's 3rd and 7 for aubarn. Passing down, and the defense sends in a certain package for just passing downs. aubarn gets the first down, then Gus immediately runs the offense up to the line so the defense can't sub. The pass rushers that the defense sent in (who can't stop the run for sh*t) are stuck on the field. Gus calls in the play from the sideline, then runs the ball. Play ends, offense jumps up and runs back to the line and lines up. Defense is again screwed, they can't get off the field. Defense stuck in a grouping to defend the pass, aubarn keeps running. After about 5 plays with the wrong defense on the field, offense is rolling. Defense at this point is forced to call a timeout cause the defense has the wrong people on the field AND they are gassed.

Typical high school gimmicky bullsh*t that he is known for. Oh and the pop pass, that's how he beat Bama in 2013, Hugh Freeze used to pull the same crap.

Mmm...Bama had Auburn, I was at Sky Bar for that one, Bama gave that game away.

I had a hook up for two Bama girls who were beyond gorgeous for that game...until the Kick Six....

You're right.

That said, I wish we had hired him as our head coach in December 2019 instead of Muschamp.

WTF? We are bring Muschamp back next year?

If you know that...well, could you slip a Gator brother a few lotto numbers?

I kid, I kid. Except if you really know the lotto.

Mmm...Bama had Auburn, I was at Sky Bar for that one, Bama gave that game away.

I had a hook up for two Bama girls who were beyond gorgeous for that game...until the Kick Six....

The Kick 6 and the pop pass were what won aubarn that game. 2 TDs right there.

The Kick 6, ok fluke play of all-time. It happens.

But the pop pass....aubarn rolls Marshall out, the OL release and start heading downfield to block (this tells the defense it is a RUNNING PLAY), Marlon Humphrey is covering his WR, Marshall runs to the LOS, Humphrey sees the OL is DOWNFIELD BLOCKING, and leaves his WR to tackle Marshall, who floats the ball over his head to a wide-open WR that Humphrey just let go.

There was a photo posted of the play after the game, aubarn had 3 OL downfield blocking. But Gus called the play cause he knew the refs would be watching where Marshall was when he threw the ball (had to stay behind the LOS) and that they wouldn't be able to tell if every OL was within a 3 yard range of the LOS. If by some miracle they catch it and call a penalty, well Gus figured it was worth the risk.

This play is specifically why the SEC added an 8th judge to watch just for it. And coincidence of coincidences, Gus stopped running the play as soon as they did.

Malzahn hasn’t recruited well or recruited the QB position well to fit his scheme. That’s on him. I think he’s a good offensive coach but not sure he knows how to run a program.

I think he’s better off being an OC
Just like Muschamp is better suited to be a defensive coordinator. Some guys just aren't cut out to be the CEO of a major college program.

Here's something that I've been harping on for decades, and it showed up yet again in the Vandy game.

No matter the HC.
No matter the players on the roster.
No matter the the systems used on O or D.
No matter the opponents.

From an article at 247Swamp:

Don’t look now, but…
honestly nothing new with penalties against the Gators. In the same as it ever was category, there is certainly something to be said about Florida being the most penalized team in the SEC on average over the last three decades. We have seen Dan Mullen blow a gasket a couple of times in recent games wanting games to be called evenly, but the Gators still remain one of the most penalized teams in the league. Right now they are 12th in the league in penalties against averaging 71.0 yards per game in that category.

The reason SOS RUTS was so he could at least somewhat take the chitty/biased SEC officials out of the game.

Spurrier didn't drop 80 on people like Eastern Michigan because he was worried about the officiating.

He wanted to score every opportunity he got.

Don't make him sound like a cry-baby.

He was bad ass.

Reactions: sadgator

Pitiful little attention beggar,
kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
BothTotally Clueless and Boring is any ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

We’ve always led the SEC in penalties. Under Spurrier, Zook, Meyer, Muschamp, McElwain and now Mullen. The coach has changed but the amount of penalties has always remained the same. We aren’t really well liked by the SEC.

Nope, we are almost always leading the league in penalties under the biased SEC officials... :cool:

Nope, we are almost always leading the league in penalties under the biased SEC officials... :cool:

That's one thing you and I will agree on.

I've heard counter arguments that it has something to do with the type of players that come from the state of Florida, but that's pretty ridiculous.

Spurrier pissed them off with his loud mouth and his winning ways at a place that wasn't supposed to win, and ever since then we get penalties left and right that other teams don't seem to get.

That's under 6 different coaches.

That's one thing you and I will agree on.

I've heard counter arguments that it has something to do with the type of players that come from the state of Florida, but that's pretty ridiculous.

Spurrier pissed them off with his loud mouth and his winning ways at a place that wasn't supposed to win, and ever since then we get penalties left and right that other teams don't seem to get.

That's under 6 different coaches.

Your theory will be put to the test this year: I googled it and found this article - https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/secs-most-penalized-teams-of-the-last-5-years-2018/

It said that from the 2013-2017 seasons, Florida was the most penalized team in the SEC.

Here's the kicker: Miss State (under Mullen) was 12th most in the SEC.

So it will be interesting to see how Florida does this year and next. I just don't buy the idea that the refs are out to get Florida cause they still can't get over Spurrier being an ass.

Your theory will be put to the test this year: I googled it and found this article - https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/secs-most-penalized-teams-of-the-last-5-years-2018/

It said that from the 2013-2017 seasons, Florida was the most penalized team in the SEC.

Here's the kicker: Miss State (under Mullen) was 12th most in the SEC.

So it will be interesting to see how Florida does this year and next. I just don't buy the idea that the refs are out to get Florida cause they still can't get over Spurrier being an ass.
We’ve always been one of the most penalized teams with Spurrier, Meyer, Muschamp, Zook, McElewain and now Mullen.

What is interesting is at other places some of those guys coached they didn’t get as many penalties as they did when they coached Florida.

Are we reallly leading the league in penalties under Mullen?!?!?

Strange.

That's not what's the strangest. Bama has the fifth fewest. There are actually 4 SEC teams with fewer penalties than Bama. How often is Bama not the least penalized?

That's not what's the strangest. Bama has the fifth fewest. There are actually 4 SEC teams with fewer penalties than Bama. How often is Bama not the least penalized?

The article I listed above had Alabama as 9th most penalized in the SEC over the last 5 seasons. Arkansas was the least.

BTW the difference between most (Florida) and least (Arkansas) penalized teams was a total of 2.11 penalties a game. So it's not a huge amount even at the extremes.

It started long before Spurrier was the HBC.

The SEC home offices are in Alabama, where they raise and train their home-grown officials.
They've always hated what they used to call the 'sissy long-haired beach boys' of Florida.
E.Smith running the ball down their throats as a tFr in their house certainly didn't improve things.

SOS as the HBC just made things much worse, especially when he called them out for handing out free used trucks to their players, but this 'stuff' goes back way further than SOS as the HBC. Steve just pissed them off more when he'd RUTS to take the chitty officials out of the equation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT