ADVERTISEMENT

UF Men's Basketball Under Todd Golden

Reactions: instaGATOR
Keep the hemlock away from my cows. I will try truffles though.
Most people would not understand.
Just for the 'most people' that cat1 was referring to....

Hemlock - a highly poisonous European plant of the parsley family, with a purple-spotted stem, fern-like leaves, small white flowers, and an unpleasant smell.

Truffles - a strong-smelling underground (6"-8") fungus that resembles an irregular, rough-skinned potato, growing chiefly in broad-leaved woodland on calcareous soils. It is considered a culinary delicacy and found, especially in France, with the aid of trained dogs or pigs.

Ancient Reference for those less schooled (or interested)....
The most famous sip in history is that of Socrates and his voluntary draught of hemlock. Having been sentenced to death for corrupting the youth of Athens, the great thinker chose his preferred death. Before learning his philosophy, modern students learn of his death. After forgetting his virtues, mostly adults recall but one thing, a drink of hemlock.

"I know only one thing,,, and that is that I 'KNOW' nothing." Socrates

"The greatest barrier to learning, is believing that you already KNOW the subject in question. And you never learn by talking, because you already know what it is that you're saying...." -- 'the iG, among others'

Last edited:
Just for the 'most people' that cat1 was referring to....

Hemlock - a highly poisonous European plant of the parsley family, with a purple-spotted stem, fern-like leaves, small white flowers, and an unpleasant smell.

Truffles - a strong-smelling underground (6"-8") fungus that resembles an irregular, rough-skinned potato, growing chiefly in broad-leaved woodland on calcareous soils. It is considered a culinary delicacy and found, especially in France, with the aid of trained dogs or pigs.

Ancient Reference for those less schooled (or interested)....
The most famous sip in history is that of Socrates and his voluntary draught of hemlock. Having been sentenced to death for corrupting the youth of Athens, the great thinker chose his preferred death. Before learning his philosophy, modern students learn of his death. After forgetting his virtues, mostly adults recall but one thing, a drink of hemlock.

"I know only one thing,,, and that is that I 'KNOW' nothing." Socrates

"The greatest barrier to learning, is believing that you already KNOW the subject in question. And you never learn by talking, because you already know what it is that you're saying...." -- 'the iG, among others'
Hemlock will make cows look like they have mad cows disease. I think the libs have tried to use this in the past. It wasnt mad cow but to push an agenda. I know this belongs on another board but it was brought up here. Hemlock is a constant upkeep here in Kentucky.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Hemlock will make cows look like they have mad cows disease. I think the libs have tried to use this in the past. It wasnt mad cow but to push an agenda. I know this belongs on another board but it was brought up here. Hemlock is a constant upkeep here in Kentucky.

What few if any really know about, even those with cows or horses.... 🤓

Let's just leave it at that cat1, and now back to the threads topic....

For whatever reason, articles and some posting here, seem to be leaving out some players on the returning roster when talking about the coming 2022-23 team....

CG Myreon Jones 6-3 175 5th Yr

PF/C Colin Castleton 6-11 240 5th Yr

C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 285 Sr

PF CJ Felder 6-7 231 Sr

SG Alex Klatsky 6-4 185 rsJr - WO
PG Jack May 6-4 175 rsSo - WO

SG/SF Niels Lane 6-5 206 Jr

SG/SF Kowacie Reeves 6-6 182 So

=== FNG's ===

PG Kyle Lofton 6-3 185 Grad-Sr - St Bonnie xfer

PG Trey Bonham 6-0 170 Jr - VMI xfer

CG/SF Will Richard 6-5 195 So - Belmont xfer

PF Alex Fudge 6-8 185 So - LSU xfer

PG/CG Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 175 Fr - Dr Phillips HS, Orlando

2 Ships remain open for now....

Last edited:
For whatever reason, articles and some posting here, seem to be leaving out some players on the returning roster when talking about the coming 2022-23 team....

PF CJ Felder 6-7 231 Sr

=== FNG's ===

CG Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 175 Fr - Dr Phillips HS, Orlando

2 Ships remain open for now....
I like the Lofton pick up. We only had 1 true scholly PG on the roster, now we have 2. Both with tons of D1 experience. Part of our challenge last season was the lack of a true PG or at least the lack of more than 1 true PG. Would like to add a little more size

Some have UF's new guard as a PG, some as a SG or a CG.
His HS coach calls him a PG and played him as such.
He is the only MW recruit that stayed with his UF commit.

The 6-foot-4, 175-pound Aberdeen was a First-Team All-State selection as a junior who possesses additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Minnesota and Virginia Tech among others. He became one of the more highly recruited point guards in the Southeast this summer after a strong travel season with Southeast Elite."

MaxPreps 21-22 HS Stats:
31 Gms, 14.4 Pts, 3.6 Rbs, 3.1 Ast --- 2pt-FG's 60%, 3's 31%, Combined FG 48%, FT 81%.
It's just my own opinion, but a true SG would need a better 3-Pt% average.

I believe that he will need to learn and work on his defense to earn his playing time. But he will have time to improve all-around before being called on to start.

PF CJ Felder 6-7 231 Sr

=== FNG's ===

-----
PG/CG Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 175 Fr - Dr Phillips HS, Orlando

SG Riley Kugel 6-5 185 **** Fr - Dr. Phillips HS, Orlando, FL

With one ship still open. 12 + 2 WO's

Last edited:
The iG's 'Way Too Early' guess for the 2022 Game 1 Starters:

C Colin Castleton 6-11 240 5th Yr -- Jitoboh

PF CJ Felder 6-7 231 Sr -- Portal, still looking...

SF Alex Fudge 6-8 185 So - Richards--Klatsky

SG Kowacie Reeves 6-6 182 So - Lane-Aberdeen

PG Kyle Lofton 6-3 185 Grad-Sr - Jones-Bonham--May

But I wouldn't put a nickel on that still being the case in November....

Who knows how next season will play out, but I've been impressed with Golden so far. I wish he had been able to keep Malik Reneau and Jalen Reed to stick with us and it's always a challenge putting a new group of guys together who came in from other programs. But it's happening everywhere now so that seems to be a coaching skill that has to be there. Castleton coming back is a huge deal and I love Reeves. Jones, Felder and even Lane add the experience of playing with the other guys and it'll be interesting to see how the new guys mesh with those returning. I'm honestly excited to see what happens.

Would love to get your "insight" on why "libs" would want to pretend cows had mad cow disease. Are they trying to get the cows to get mad cow vaccines?

And how are they doing it? Are they sneaking onto ranchers' land at night to feed the cows hemlock? Could get shot that way.

Hey, you know what else makes cows look like they have mad cow disease? MAD COW DISEASE.

This post just REEKS of stupid.

WoW! Those incoming xfer players blending attitudes seem to have done a flip/flop in just a year... (but nev-ver mine...) 😉
==========

The Golden boy gets his 1st season indoctrination as a Gator HC....
(Jon-Jon (Safir), I have a feeling we're not in Frisco any longer...)

Nov. 24-27 - Phil Knight Legacy Tournament.
The eight-team men's bracket, comprised of elite Nike-sponsored teams includes:
Florida, Duke, Gonzaga, Ore-St, Portland-St, Purdue, W.Va and Xavier.
They have combined for 199 NCAA Tourneys, 29 Final-4's and 7 NCAA NC's.

Dec. 7th - it's the U-Conn Huskies in the O'Dome
The Gators will look to end a 4-game skid vs U-Conn (1-4 all-time), in the O'Dome.

Dec. 20-21 - The 1st Ever Jumpman Invitational
20th UF vs OK
-- 21st UNC vs Mich

And after that start, he can settle back down to an always easy SEC schedule......
🙄

The Gator's 2022 Newbees:

#8 SG/SF Riley Kugel 6-5 185 Fr **** - Orlando

#21 CG Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 175 Fr *** - Orlando
-----
PG Kyle Lofton 6-4 180 Grad-Sr **** - St. Bonaventure xfer

PG Trey Bonham 6-0 170 Jr *** - VMI sfer

CG Will Richard 6-5 195 So **** - Belmont xfer

SF/PF Alex Fudge 6-9 175 So **** - LSU xfer

Totally unrelated to Golden, but for a guy on Medicare Al Horford sure can still play.
Yes he can still play. He’s certainly not in his prime but he isn’t that old. He’s 35. Lebron is 37.

Taurean Green, who point-guarded Billy Donovan's teams to back-to-back national championships, officially joined Todd Golden's staff this week in the newly created role of director of player development.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
2022 Transition Class:

CG Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 175 *** - Orlando, FL
SG Riley Kugel 6-5 185 **** - Orlando, FL
Xfers-ins
PG Kyle Lofton 6-4 180 **** - St. Bonaventure
PG Trey Bonham 6-0 170 *** - VMI
CG Will Richard 6-5 195 **** - Belmont
PF Alex Fudge 6-8 175 **** - LSU
==========

2023 Class:

SF/PF Thomas Haugh 6-10 210 *** - New Oxford, PA
With a 6-11 wingspan and 24 Offers.
Here's a 3-star guy that I'd rather have than another 5-star like a Scottie Lewis....

Last edited:
2022 Transition Class:

CG Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 175 *** - Orlando, FL
SG Riley Kugel 6-5 185 **** - Orlando, FL
Xfers-ins
PG Kyle Lofton 6-4 180 **** - St. Bonaventure
PG Trey Bonham 6-0 170 *** - VMI
CG Will Richard 6-5 195 **** - Belmont
PF Alex Fudge 6-8 175 **** - LSU
==========

2023 Class:

PF Thomas Haugh 6-10 210 *** - New Oxford, PA
With a 6-11 wingspan and 24 Offers.
Here's a 3-star guy that I'd rather have than another 5-star like a Scottie Lewis....

Another diamond in the rough a la Castleton?

He's got a good base coming out of HS, and after a year working with Castleton, I think he can step in on Colin's roll next season and do well there.

He was a 2022 recruit, then decided to reclassify to the 2023 class. I'm hoping that he will return to the 2022 class to be able to learn and work with Colin this season, and maybe get some playing time to begin his path to being a starter in 2023.

Any comments on his utube highlights that I posted?

Last edited:
Reactions: Countygator1
He's got a good base coming out of HS, and after a year working with Castleton, I think he can step in on Colin's roll next season and do well there.

Any comments on his utube highlights that I posted?
It looks like a great get. Athletic and quick just needs to add muscle for the SEC grind.

It looks like a great get. Athletic and quick just needs to add muscle for the SEC grind.

I agree Nick, but that's not as big of a deal as it might appear at first.
Last year Thomas listed at 6-9 200.
The most recent listing I've seen is 6-11 210, and I'm hoping that's accurate???

Coming out of HS, Colin listed at 6-10 215, he's now at 6-11 240

When Thomas gets on campus and gets to work with the nutritionist and the weight room, he will continue to physically develop, just as they all do. Thomas is still just a growing boy, but he'll be a full grown man before he leaves UF....

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Jusdamn, first Parsons and now Young.... 😯

They've gone from football scooters to B-Ball cars.....
🤓

I've recently been watching some Larry Bird action on utube.
I understand that another Bird is not likely to come along. However, Larry said there would be, even though Magic disagreed with him. GOAT's are certainly rare in anything.

However, I do see a lot of things, on a much lower level, about SF Thomas Haugh's play, and how the SF Bird played. Block-Rebound-Pass-Drive, and Shooting 3's. Thomas has a long way to go, but the basic elements are there to be developed imo...

I would love to see him reclassify back to his original 2022 class. That way he could spend the year learning from Castleton and the Gator coaches, instead of just playing another year at the HS level.

Gator PG line up for the 2022-23 Season (so far), Quality & Depth:

How good are the ranking services? 1st 2 were NR recruits....

PG Kyle Lofton 6-3 190 - 5th-Sr NR - Hillside, NJ - X-fer St. Bonaventure
116 Gms - 13.9 PPG-42.1%, 5.2 Ast, 2.4 TO's, 3 Rbs, 1.6 Stl
A-10 Fr of Yr in 2018 -- 3X All A-10, 2X All A-10 Tourney.
2021-22 - Top 10 in Nation in Ast/Gm at 5.9.....
Has averaged a nation’s-best 38.1 MPG over the past 4 seasons.
Note: Below average on 3's so he needs a SG or SF to fill that role...

PG Trey Bonham 6-0 170 - Jr NR - Mobile, AL - X-fer VMI
53 Gms, 36 Starts - 11.3 PPG-48.7%, 2.9 Ast, 2.2 TO's, 3.6 Rb,
36.9% 3's, 79.2 FT's - With 36 double-digit Pt's, and 6 20+ Pt Gms.

#21 CG/PG Denzel Aberdeen 6-5 180 - Fr **** - Orlando, FL - MW recruited
Sr Season - 14.4 PPG, 3.6 Rb, 3.1 Ast
2X FABC All State -
Scored 27 points in the 2021 7A Championship game.
He led Dr. Phillips to its 1st FL State Championship in program history.

PG Jack May 6-4 195 rsSo - WO
- Boca Raton, FL
Helped Saint Andrew’s to the 2020 3A FL State Championship, getting
a pair of key baskets and a steal in the final minutes of the game.

Named to Palm Beach Post’s All-County 2nd team for small schools.
Averaged 10.6 points per game as a senior. - Also ran cross country.
----------

With some CG's that can play either way as needed:

#18 CG Myreon Jones 6-3 175 *** - Birmingham, AL - PSU X-fer
2021-22 33 Gms - 27.9 MPG, FG 35.5%, 3's 32.1%, FT 73.8%
8.5 Pts, 2.8 Rbs, 1.6 Ast, 1.3 TO's, 0.2 Blk, 1.3 Stl, 1.2 PF

CG Will Richard 6-5 195 NR - Fairburn, GA - X-fer Belmont
2021-22 33 Gms - 27.6 MPG, FG 46.8%, 3's 32.6%, FT 80.4%
12.1 Pts, 6.0 Rbs, 1.8 Ast, 1.4 TO's, 0.8 Blk, 1.2 Stl, 1.9 PF
==========

2024 Recruiting - UF Offered

#6 PG Dedan Thomas Jr 6-1 170 **** - Henderson, NV

“Florida associate head coach Carlin Hartman’s son played on my little brother’s team so we just built a great relationship and our families are pretty close,” Thomas said. “I also know Florida head coach Todd Golden. He just came from San Francisco and I went to his camp last year and played pretty well there and have been able to talk to him. I have a pretty good relationship with their coaches. I’ve known them for a while.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT