ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is going to blow his chances...

I hope you are right. I could not have been more confident than I was on election night of 2020, well, except for maybe midterms 2022. If he is the nominee, I with him 100%, trump train flags on the F-150 type...just like I was the first 2 times. I feel that is wrong headed to not question whether he can win or not. Maybe the suburban dopes have had enough, but my faith in the fellow American has wained dramatically....see biden 2020, and worst of all fetterman.
And to be clear, while DeSantis is my first choice by a long way....I do think Trump will be the nominee. Trump will win within the party until he is tired of winning it. Im not naive to that, I personally prefer and am loyal to DeSantis

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Yeah. I dont know about this source, but if true, DeSantis has got to get rid of her. There are very few things that I am as passionate about as not being in involved with Ukraine and Russia. The Ukraine / Russia hawks are total kooks, and their entire world view has to be wiped out. I dont know if what you have posted is true, but if it is, she has to be gone

Yeah. I dont know about this source, but if true, DeSantis has got to get rid of her. There are very few things that I am as passionate about as not being in involved with Ukraine and Russia. The Ukraine / Russia hawks are total kooks, and their entire world view has to be wiped out. I dont know if what you have posted is true, but if it is, she has to be gone
but this the washington post....i instinctively disregard everything they say

I hope you are right. I could not have been more confident than I was on election night of 2020, well, except for maybe midterms 2022. If he is the nominee, I with him 100%, trump train flags on the F-150 type...just like I was the first 2 times. I feel that is wrong headed to not question whether he can win or not. Maybe the suburban dopes have had enough, but my faith in the fellow American has wained dramatically....see biden 2020, and worst of all fetterman.
I think the starting point is how well he did in 2020 - he won that election in a landslide.

More votes than any R candidate in history, first incumbent to increase his vote total and not win in a long, long time. Incredible endorsement record in 2022, still dominating the polls and drawing massive, enthusiastic crowds.

There's no one on the dem bench this side of Michelle Obama that would get close to him in a fair election. A Desantis challenge would make him even stronger, and Desantis would benefit from running against such a strong opponent...it'll make sure he's more than ready for the next cycle.

Trump has no filter and he can come across as an egotistical jerk. But he's genuine and consistent, he's rich enough that the establishment can't buy him off and he wants to do the right things for the right reasons. I also think he learned a ton from his first 4 years - he seemed much more "presidential" as he wound down his first term. I think he also realized who he can trust and who he needs to keep at arm's distance - which will help him be much more effective should he win again.

There's no reason for conservatives to be arguing about this, whoever is the nominee is much stronger than any Dem in the field.

Reactions: BCSpell
but this the washington post....i instinctively disregard everything they say
Her pictures are far more worrisome IMO. Is that her kissing Zelensky in the last pic????

You can do searches for my posts on here and you will see that I was clear that DeSantis was the obvious future of the Republican party up till about 6 months ago. That's when stuff like this that ties DeSantis to the uniparty started trickling out, and it continues to this day.

I think he's done. I disagree with @fatman76 that a tough fight in the primaries will help both Trump and DeSantis. If this was politics as usual, I would agree. But it isn't. If DeSantis runs, I think Trump is going to put everything about Ron out there, and I fear he's sitting on a lot. This will cripple DeSantis, but it will also cause a few DeSantis supporters to refuse to vote for Trump as a result.

Neither man will gain supporters from a primary against the other, let's put it that way. I'm surprised that DeSantis can't see that.

Reactions: BCSpell
Her pictures are far more worrisome IMO. Is that her kissing Zelensky in the last pic????

You can do searches for my posts on here and you will see that I was clear that DeSantis was the obvious future of the Republican party up till about 6 months ago. That's when stuff like this that ties DeSantis to the uniparty started trickling out, and it continues to this day.

I think he's done. I disagree with @fatman76 that a tough fight in the primaries will help both Trump and DeSantis. If this was politics as usual, I would agree. But it isn't. If DeSantis runs, I think Trump is going to put everything about Ron out there, and I fear he's sitting on a lot. This will cripple DeSantis, but it will also cause a few DeSantis supporters to refuse to vote for Trump as a result.

Neither man will gain supporters from a primary against the other, let's put it that way. I'm surprised that DeSantis can't see that.
If you’re right (and I’m not as informed as you are) then DeSantis probably thinks he’s fine with the Swamp behind him.

I sincerely hope that’s not the case.

DeSantis has been strongly anti-covid tyranny, has pushed ESG out of state funded pensions and has taken the fight to our local woke corporate kooks. Even the thing you say about DeSantis signing a bill that allows forcing the shot....he supposedly signed that 2 years ago....during the peak of the covid hysteria.....strongly defended our right not to get jabbed. He has been very pointed in his criticism of WEF. Everything he has SAID and DONE in his time here has been anti-globalist....it will be difficult to convince me that he is all the sudden in bed with the globalists. He has made his bones pissing of the globalists.

Democrats won majority of the presidential elections and majority of the popular vote (including elections they lost) since REAGAN left.

So how does the shoe fit?

My comment was about Democrats gaslighting the public and your response was that it works? LOL...good Lord.

That's how the shoe fits, goofball.

DeSantis has been strongly anti-covid tyranny, has pushed ESG out of state funded pensions and has taken the fight to our local woke corporate kooks. Even the thing you say about DeSantis signing a bill that allows forcing the shot....he supposedly signed that 2 years ago....during the peak of the covid hysteria.....strongly defended our right not to get jabbed. He has been very pointed in his criticism of WEF. Everything he has SAID and DONE in his time here has been anti-globalist....it will be difficult to convince me that he is all the sudden in bed with the globalists. He has made his bones pissing of the globalists.
Point being on the law you keep bringing up about the forced poison shot is...even if he did sign a law that had that slipped in there, he ad every opportunity and political cover to force that shot over the last 2 years....but did the opposite. He never put a single shot in a single arm by force, in fact, sued to keep it from happening.

Anyone saying this is either trolling, or is so misinformed about American Politics that they really shouldn't comment on it.

Trump remains the most popular Republican in the history of the party.

Here's a sampling of current polling:

Trump is dominating the polls. It's not even close. You are literally saying the clear leader among ALL candidates for ALL parties is 'unelectable'.

That's a new level of TDS that we haven't seen here before. So kudos for that.

In fairness, if he says that he will vote for Trump if Trump is the Republican nominee, I don't think that he would qualify as someone with TDS.

Reactions: EvilWayz
Anyone saying this is either trolling, or is so misinformed about American Politics that they really shouldn't comment on it.

Trump remains the most popular Republican in the history of the party.

Here's a sampling of current polling:

Trump is dominating the polls. It's not even close. You are literally saying the clear leader among ALL candidates for ALL parties is 'unelectable'.

That's a new level of TDS that we haven't seen here before. So kudos for that.
Nobody is disputing that. What makes him possibly ineluctable is the fact that you have to have the moderates and the independents to do so.

If this is true, and I'm not prepared to accept that it is based on Twitter claims, then this is the first truly concerning issue I've found with DeSantis.
It's more than concerning...it's a total dealbreaker.

If true he's duped a ton of people.

It's more than concerning...it's a total dealbreaker.

If true he's duped a ton of people.

Agree.

But if it is true, I cannot square why the libs hate him so much...and I mean universally hate him. It's to the point where he is now "worse than Trump."

I can't square that with this. It's not logical at this point.

Simple question. Did he sign the bills or didn’t he? If he had vetoed and they had overridden them (questionable), then he could have an excuse. But since he didn’t, he has to take responsibility for them. Make all the excuses you want, Trumper.

And he wanted one more giveaway which was rejected. Fact. Biggest spender in history.

Bring on the excuses.
Already stated facts. I can present them to you, but I can't understand them for you.

retard-retard-alert.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BillCutting4585
If you’re right (and I’m not as informed as you are) then DeSantis probably thinks he’s fine with the Swamp behind him.

Everything I'm seeing points that direction. It seems the swamp has gotten in his ear that he needs to take on Trump, they will throw their support behind him and push him across the finish line.

I think Trump's plan was he goes wrecking ball again in 24 for 4 more years, cleans out the corruption, leaves a clean slate for DeSantis, who announces in 26 running for 28 and Trump endorses him completely, which sets him up to win in 28 in a landslide.

But DeSantis, it seems, has been convinced that the swamp's plan is smarter than Trump's plan. Ok then.

I think we are very close to total agreement. My problem with another Trump run comes down to a couple things
1) The personnel choices were horrid. He continued to make bad pick after bad pick. This seems to predate his time in governemnt. Micheal Cohen was a figure from his private enterprise. The guy actually LOOKS like a rat. I think these choices give me strong reason for pause moving forward. I think his high profile midterm picks were BAD. I think his choice to support Ronna McDaniel is bad. I think the choice to be out there with Lindsey Graham on the campaign trail is bad. He doesnt seem to be learning from his mistakes in this area.

2) I think he has been damaged politically to the point of being unelectable. I take no pleasure in saying this, I think suburban minivan moms who would choose a guy who belongs in a nursing home over Trump because of tweets are DUMB. However, I think we have to play the hand that's dealt. Maybe Im wrong, but I think there are to many dumbasses out there who vote the senile pedophile back in there because they hate trump.

3) I think Trump's ego gets in the way of some of his decision making. I thinks this really loops back to my first point. I think swamp monsters know they can weasel their way into the inner circle pay stroking trumps ego. I think he wants to be a deal maker, and I dont think there any deals to be made with the lunatics in the democrat party, the deep state, or the globalist institutions. We ALL have short comings, and I think Trump's ego is a problem.
I hope not, but you may be right. It all depends on how he handles himself...hence EXACTLY why I started this thread. Attacking a VERY popular DeSantis is NOT getting off on the right foot. He WILL lose if he keeps that up, especially the BS he stated. Florida LED America in opening back up, and making sure taking the vaccine was a CHOICE, not a requirement. I give Trump and others a pass for a few months, because the world really did not know how bad this may be.

As far as his ego....I am not one that gets bothered a bunch about that...he would probably not ever be my best friend...but he DOES and DID get things accomplished that NO OTHER person ever has...and if those comie bastard lefties would not have lied and undercut EVERYTHING he ever did...imaging the good he could have done. Imagine today if we had a wall across our southern border. Lefties LIED and said "walls do not work" F'n LIARS.

Politicians getting paid. Agree

God I hope he does not go that way. He is THE BEST politician I have seen in decades. This would ruin it for me

I hope not, but you may be right. It all depends on how he handles himself...hence EXACTLY why I started this thread. Attacking a VERY popular DeSantis is NOT getting off on the right foot. He WILL lose if he keeps that up, especially the BS he stated. Florida LED America in opening back up, and making sure taking the vaccine was a CHOICE, not a requirement. I give Trump and others a pass for a few months, because the world really did not know how bad this may be.

As far as his ego....I am not one that gets bothered a bunch about that...he would probably not ever be my best friend...but he DOES and DID get things accomplished that NO OTHER person ever has...and if those comie bastard lefties would not have lied and undercut EVERYTHING he ever did...imaging the good he could have done. Imagine today if we had a wall across our southern border. Lefties LIED and said "walls do not work" F'n LIARS.
I am not personally bothered by the ego. I think he is hilarious. I think the ego is a weakness. I think it gets in the way of the things WE CONSERVATIVES want to get done. I think the swamp creatures have identified this weakness, and they know how to exploit it. I agree that he got wonderful things done. But dont you kind of wonder if he wasnt like using a trick play in football. You score an 80 yard touchdown on it, but can you return to it or once you use it the other team isnt gonna let you pull it off again. If he is the nominee, I think he needs to figure out that some battles are worth fighting, some are not. He has to do a much better job of personnel decisions ( have serious concerns here ).

I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to DeSantis. I am serious when I say I take pride in being a Floridian. I do think we saved the country, and probably the free world, at least extended the timeline for total destruction. Floridians were the tough, dug in bastards that refused to fold, when everyone else did. As a state, and as a people, we should be looked to for guidance on the way forward. People think palm trees, beautiful people on beaches,Miami and so forth when they think of Florida. This is certainly part of it, but I think people elsewhere are unaware of the rural, swamp lands and agricultural parts of the state, and the type of people we are. We not going anywhere, we not submitting to anyone...we are what texas pretends to be. DeSantis is the symbol of that spirit to me.

What's with this "we"? Is there a mouse in your pocket? ;) "We" have been trying to tell this board that for years. All of our "conspiracy theories" have come true. :mad:

"What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth? In America, about 6 months"
Rush Limbaugh
Im not big on computers or internet and havent been on this message board. I have been talking about the direction of things for many,many many years. This is why my family homesteads. That is to say, we grow our fruit and veggies, we raise our chickens, turkeys and cattle. We use the chickens for egg and compost production. When the "day after"comes, will go on. The "we" i was referencing is our society,our culture....wouldnt you agree that "WE"are on a sinking ship

I am not personally bothered by the ego. I think he is hilarious. I think the ego is a weakness. I think it gets in the way of the things WE CONSERVATIVES want to get done. I think the swamp creatures have identified this weakness, and they know how to exploit it. I agree that he got wonderful things done. But dont you kind of wonder if he wasnt like using a trick play in football. You score an 80 yard touchdown on it, but can you return to it or once you use it the other team isnt gonna let you pull it off again. If he is the nominee, I think he needs to figure out that some battles are worth fighting, some are not. He has to do a much better job of personnel decisions ( have serious concerns here ).

I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to DeSantis. I am serious when I say I take pride in being a Floridian. I do think we saved the country, and probably the free world, at least extended the timeline for total destruction. Floridians were the tough, dug in bastards that refused to fold, when everyone else did. As a state, and as a people, we should be looked to for guidance on the way forward. People think palm trees, beautiful people on beaches,Miami and so forth when they think of Florida. This is certainly part of it, but I think people elsewhere are unaware of the rural, swamp lands and agricultural parts of the state, and the type of people we are. We not going anywhere, we not submitting to anyone...we are what texas pretends to be. DeSantis is the symbol of that spirit to me.
Yeah..that ego just comes with the rest. I do not think anyone likes it. But making multiple mid east peace deals, getting our armed forces remains from Korea, moving the Jewish embassy, doing a GREAT job on the border, despite the left undercutting him every step, NO WARS breaking out, killing Solemani etc I can overlook his asshole personality! LOL Yes , we are not way different in our thinking. The reason I like Trump better is I KNOW he will not suck up to the establishment...and that is HUGE to me. I do REALLY like Ron...but he had better steer clear of the establishment...or he will be done.

I'm not, calling you out for thinking you're an independent, not "understanding" why Hunter is central to Biden's corruption and claiming to work at Big Pharm is pretty entertaining.

I couldn't care less if you respond or not.
I'm sure that's the reason.

In the primaries, I'd vote DeSantis over Trump.
IF Trump wins the primary, then I'd vote for him by default over any Rat that they put out there.

I'm wondering which Rat Crime Syndicate Family they'll be running next, after the Clinton/Biden crime families are put in jail, hopefully with ALL of their corrupt assets confiscated?

What I'd much rather see is DeSantis or maybe Jim Jordan as President, with Trump as the Sec of State. That's a job that would fit him, and he could likely be very successful doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT