ADVERTISEMENT

trump Hired The Worst People and Exposed The Fraud of the Evangelical Vote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-claimed-only-hire-010302959.html
Donald Trump, who claimed to only hire the best people, was thoroughly asked why so many key players of his administration do not want him to be president again.

• Donald Trump appeared on Fox News with anchor Bret Baier on Monday.
  • Baier reminded Trump he said he was going to hire the "best" people to his administration in 2016.
  • He then pointed out much of Trump's former administration doesn't support his 2024 White House bid.
On Monday, Donald Trump appeared on Fox News anchor Bret Baier's Special Report to discuss the classified documents he took from the White House and the case against him.

They also discussed Trump's time as president, with Baier reminding the former president that when he ran for office in 2016, he said he was "going to surround myself with only the best and most serious people."

"Well, I did do that," Trump responded. "That's tremendous. Look, we had the best economy we've ever had, the world has ever seen."

But Baier then pointed out to the former president that many of those "best and most serious people" no longer support him:

I’m not sure if the evangelicals who support Trump grasp how much they have damaged their credibility by pimping their faith to a guy whose life is a mockery of everything they claim to stand for.

I'm not sure people like you ever gave evangelicals a great deal of credibility in the first place...and I'm quite certain it would not take much for a person like you to lose it if ever given the opportunity.

We have choices just like you do. Biden may not check every box for every liberal but he might be more like what they're looking for than other candidates.

Trump isn't a perfect candidate for me either but he certainly checks more of my boxes than Biden. FTR, DeSantis doesn't check all of my boxes either.

Spare me the judgment on Evangelicals, however. You’re in no position to offer insight so far as I can tell.

bama will now tell evangelicals like Wehner & Scarborough to spare the judgemenbt too... :rolleyes:

Peter Wehner: Evangelical support for Trump raises questions about the movement​

260,448 views Jun 20, 2023 #Trump #Evangelical #Politics
The Atlantic's Peter Wehner joins Morning Joe to discuss his latest piece on how Donald Trump's behavior has been a test of character of GOP politicians and voters and the evangelical movement.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
bama will now tell evangelicals like Wehner & Scarborough to spare the judgemenbt too... :rolleyes:

If an Evangelical is opposed to Trump for Evangelical reasons, great. To each their own. If he is convicted by his Evangelical faith to not support Trump then he should not support Trump.

However, a non-believer, or even a non-Evangelical, probably has no business telling an Evangelical who he should or should not support.

Likewise, I really have no business telling a Muslim, a Buddhist or a Jew who they should support, considering their faith, based on my crude understanding of their faith.

You won't understand this, won't have a clue what it means, and yet that won't even begin to slow you down arguing otherwise.

As I've said DOZENS of times on this board now, if it comes down to candidates like Biden vs Trump, I will full-throatedly support Trump. And yet I still won't be inviting the man over to my house for dinner. This will likely be lost on you as well.

If an Evangelical is opposed to Trump for Evangelical reasons, great. To each their own. If he is convicted by his Evangelical faith to not support Trump then he should not support Trump.

Some people call that living by your faith & beliefs

However, a non-believer, or even a non-Evangelical, probably has no business telling an Evangelical who he should or should not support.

I don't know about Rere...but who are you to call anyone else a "non-believer"

And only an evangelical can criticize the political choices an evangelical? Really?

Does that "thought process" carry through to when you telling the black community what they should think or who they should support too?

I mean...you're not black right?

Likewise, I really have no business telling a Muslim, a Buddhist or a Jew who they should support, considering their faith, based on my crude understanding of their faith.

This is why religion & state wasn't to be mixed as the founding fathers wanted

The idea you think you can't speak to a fellow American because you don't share the same faith is so anti-ethical to the very foundations this country was created upon its shocking that you could even write that without pause

You won't understand this, won't have a clue what it means, and yet that won't even begin to slow you down arguing otherwise.

What you've written is pretty clearly un-American...but whom am I to say, right?

You clearly believe that I'm not even qualified to talk to you based on your assesment that I'm not an evangelical

Let me know what board of religious faith testing your in charge of so I can apply to be offivially registerd as a official Christian in your eyes :rolleyes:

As I've said DOZENS of times on this board now, if it comes down to candidates like Biden vs Trump, I will full-throatedly support Trump. And yet I still won't be inviting the man over to my house for dinner. This will likely be lost on you as well.

Good to know you would ignore donald trump's obvious violations of your moral & religious standards and vote for him.

Its kinda of like Jesus not turning over the tables of the money changers at the temple but him choosing instead to vote for them

Some people call that living by your faith & beliefs

And they would be better served with Biden as my president? Agree to disagree sir.

I don't know about Rere...but who are you to call anyone else a "non-believer"

I didn't call anyone a non-believer. Rere has made it pretty clear that he isn't Evangelical, however.

And only an evangelical can criticize the political choices an evangelical? Really?

Not what I said. Criticize all you like...but don't even attempt to tell me who I should or should not support because I'm Evangelical.

IOW's do not attempt to leverage my faith as judgment against me, based on who I support, when you don't understand my faith nor why I support who I support.

Does that "thought process" carry through to when you telling the black community what they should think or who they should support too?

I mean...you're not black right?

Sure. I think we can debate logic or policies but you aren't going to catch me telling black people that they should vote for _____ due to their blackness.

I leave that crap for Biden. Oops, right?

This is why religion & state wasn't to be mixed as the founding fathers wanted

The idea you think you can't speak to a fellow American because you don't share the same faith is so anti-ethical to the very foundations this country was created upon its shocking that you could even write that without pause

This statement tells me that you don't understand what the separation of church and state means.

The state needs to stay out of my religious affairs. My faith does not need to be separated from my views on government affairs.

Also, you can speak to me, or anyone, about their political views and leanings. But I do believe that you would be rather unwise in the attempt to leverage my faith against my positions, which you disagree with...especially if you don't have a great grasp on my faith.

What you've written is pretty clearly un-American...but whom am I to say, right?

You clearly believe that I'm not even qualified to talk to you based on your assesment that I'm not an evangelical

Let me know what board of religious faith testing your in charge of so I can apply to be offivially registerd as a official Christian in your eyes

Misunderstand a point...and then run that horse until it dies, right?

Good to know you would ignore donald trump's obvious violations of your moral & religious standards and vote for him.

Its kinda of like Jesus not turning over the tables of the money changers at the temple but him choosing instead to vote for them

My faith would be better served by Biden? Agree to disagree.

And they would be better served with Biden as my president? Agree to disagree sir.

Better than trump who has no character, is immoral, and is unrepentant

I didn't call anyone a non-believer. Rere has made it pretty clear that he isn't Evangelical, however.

I guess you missed the opening words that said I don't know about rere...that pretty much took him out of my following comments

Not what I said. Criticize all you like...but don't even attempt to tell me who I should or should not support because I'm Evangelical.

You said non-evangelicals have no place telling evangelicals anything

You went further to say you have no business telling Muslims anything

In America, anyone can have an opinion about anyone else...one's religious faith does not matter

Unless of course you're somehow in favor of faith based censorship of the 1st amendment

IOW's do not attempt to leverage my faith as judgment against me, based on who I support, when you don't understand my faith nor why I support who I support.

Who leveraging your faith against you?

If you believe that moral character matters then it "leveraging your faith against" to question why you would support donald trump?

If religious faith matters to you...How do you reconcile trump's blatant lying about his faith?

Take religious issues out of the discussion for a minute...

Does having a blatant obvious liar about the most basic things about himself matter in a POTUS candidate for you?

Sure. I think we can debate logic or policies but you aren't going to catch me telling black people that they should vote for _____ due to their blackness.

Aren't we debating logic & policies with trump vis-a-vis evangelic support?

And are you with a straight face going to say that the conservatives here don't almost on a dialy basis post that blacks are on a democratic plantation and wonder aloud why they don't vote republican?

Doesn't donald trump do the same or have you conveniently forgotten stuff like this?

Is this telling black people who to vote for?

This statement tells me that you don't understand what the separation of church and state means.

The state needs to stay out of my religious affairs. My faith does not need to be separated from my views on government affairs.

Aren't you advocating the EXACT opposite above?

You say trump trangressions (lack of religous moral chracter) shouldn't effect who you vote for but now are arguing that your faith should not be seperated from who you vote for

Which one is it...divorce your faith from your presidential decision or not?

Also, you can speak to me, or anyone, about their political views and leanings. But I do believe that you would be rather unwise in the attempt to leverage my faith against my positions, which you disagree with...especially if you don't have a great grasp on my faith.

We're asking you to explain but you've simply abandoned explanation for some defiant stance that your being attacked...

Whatever

Looking for a better explanation than general one liners that don't amount to a hill of beans

But I guess you don't want that opportunity to explain yourself

Last edited:

Wouldn’t your faith be better served by someone like Pence? Unlike Trump, he seems to actually walk the walk.

Better than trump who has no character, is immoral, and is unrepentant

Agree to disagree.

I guess you missed the opening words that said I don't know about rere...that pretty much took him out of my following comments

It didn't take him out of mine.

I'm not doing this with you. I seriously don't have the time and I just don't care that much what crazy people believe.

You believe what you believe and I'll do the same. Somehow we'll both learn to be ok with that.

Wouldn’t your faith be better served by someone like Pence? Unlike Trump, he seems to actually walk the walk.

I think Pence is a fine man. I also don't believe that he's a realistic candidate and I don't believe that he would be even if Trump no longer existed.

He'd probably make a great candidate to come in perhaps as high as 2nd place in a presidential election in such a scenario.

I’m not sure if the evangelicals who support Trump grasp how much they have damaged their credibility by pimping their faith to a guy whose life is a mockery of everything they claim to stand for.
I'm pretty sure the average evangelical voter isn't too concerned with criticism from a guy that can't even decide if he believes in God or not.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
When God asked Adam if he ate of the Tree of Knowledge, Adam BLAMED GOD for giving him 'that woman' who gave him the fruit.

Adam's son killed his other son.

Abraham repeatedly passed his wife off as his sister to rulers so they would sleep with his wife and spare his life.

Moses killed an Egyptian for beating a Hebrew slave.

God's chosen people, the Israelites, began worshipping a golden calf cause Moses went up on Mt Sinai to talk to God and they got bored waiting for him to come back.

And that's just the first two books of the Bible.

If Christians turned their backs on sinners, we would have long ago given up on Christians who did far more than Trump has, and who sinned far greater than he has.

Agree to disagree.

Rationalize voting for trump anyway you need to...

Donald Trump :"I'm Not Sure I Have" Ever Asked God For Forgiveness​

It didn't take him out of mine.

I'm not doing this with you. I seriously don't have the time and I just don't care that much what crazy people believe.

You believe what you believe and I'll do the same. Somehow we'll both learn to be ok with that.

Powerful example of Christianity right there...

When God asked Adam if he ate of the Tree of Knowledge, Adam BLAMED GOD for giving him 'that woman' who gave him the fruit.

Adam's son killed his other son.

Abraham repeatedly passed his wife off as his sister to rulers so they would sleep with his wife and spare his life.

Moses killed an Egyptian for beating a Hebrew slave.

God's chosen people, the Israelites, began worshipping a golden calf cause Moses went up on Mt Sinai to talk to God and they got bored waiting for him to come back.

And that's just the first two books of the Bible.

If Christians turned their backs on sinners, we would have long ago given up on Christians who did far more than Trump has, and who sinned far greater than he has.

God tends to do His best work through sinners, not the righteous.

Christians don;t tuen theit backs on those that repent for their sins

trump doesn't even acknowledge that he sins

And while I see ray ray and rere are all excited about attacking Trump and any Christian that supports him, I would ask you both this:

Is your motivation here to bring glory to God, or to attack Donald Trump?

• Love
You have no idea what he has or has not acknowledged before God. No one does but he and God.

And so the question at the start of this conversation was how does he know who's an evangelical or not?

Does bama have some special superpower none of the rest of us mere mortals possess?

And so the question at the start of this conversation was how does he know who's an evangelical or not?

Does bama have some special superpower none of the rest of us mere mortals possess?
I think bama knows that people who have spent any amount of time reading and understanding God's word, would not be starting a thread like this, as you did, or asking the questions that you and rere have asked.

You both are speaking from a position of ignorance on this topic. That's not meant as an insult, because you can easily correct that issue by reading and understanding the Bible before you pass judgment on things that you do not understand.

I'll ask you both again: Is your motivation for participating in this thread bringing glory to God, or to attack Donald Trump?

I think bama knows that people who have spent any amount of time reading and understanding God's word, would not be starting a thread like this, as you did, or asking the questions that you and rere have asked.

You know how much time I've spent reading & understanding God's word?

You both are speaking from a position of ignorance on this topic. That's not meant as an insult, because you can easily correct that issue by reading and understanding the Bible before you pass judgment on things that you do not understand.

I guess my ignorance stems from the many churches my family has started...currently 5 and counting

For you to lie in the name of faith when you don't know a damn thing about my faith speaks volumes about your approach to Christianity

Particularly disgusting IMHO

I'll ask you both again: Is your motivation for participating in this thread bringing glory to God, or to attack Donald Trump?

Neither

It was to show a discussion about the dilemma many evangelicals have after getting buyers remorse about supporting trump previously

But you & bama have already decided those people couldn't possibly be Christians or evangelicals so I guess that makes it easier to act in unChristian ways towards them

Is supporting Trump “bringing glory to God”?

I can cite examples from the Bible where it specifically instructs me to pay no mind to people outside of their own, lol.

Well you are group of one so that pretty much makes it a permissable environment to run when confronted

That explains a lot

Well you are group of one...

I'm pretty sure I can't confirm the same about you. There seems to be several of you shouting all at once.

Arguing with someone like you is just a ridiculous prospect. I'll point out my disagreements, occasionally have a VERY short back and forth with you, and then I'm moving on.

If you don't approve, no one cares.

I'm pretty sure I can't confirm the same about you. There seems to be several of you shouting all at once.

Arguing with someone like you is just a ridiculous prospect. I'll point out my disagreements, occasionally have a VERY short back and forth with you, and then I'm moving on.

If you don't approve, no one cares.

I don't care what you believe...if you want to go out in the public square expect that you're presenting it for opinion & criticism

You seem to believe you have a special power to know someone's faith...OK

But since that's kinda of a crackpot notion and really anti-thetical to Jesus's most basic teachings don't cry and pout when that's the public response

Jesus said love your brothers...take a look at your responses about people other than yourself

Are you really following God's wishes?

Is supporting Trump “bringing glory to God”?
It absolutely can be. The fact that you ask that as if it is a 'gotcha' proves my point about you speaking from a position of ignorance.

Please read the Bible. Read Genesis if nothing else. Note the sinning that happened, then note that God still worked miracles through those sinners. I think if you will do that, you will understand some of the reactions you are getting here.

I don't care what you believe...if you want to go out in the public square expect that you're presenting it for opinion & criticism

You seem to believe you have a special power to know someone's faith...OK

But since that's kinda of a crackpot notion and really anti-thetical to Jesus's most basic teachings don't cry and pout when that's the public response

Jesus said love your brothers...take a look at your responses about people other than yourself

Are you really following God's wishes?

👍

It absolutely can be. The fact that you ask that as if it is a 'gotcha' proves my point about you speaking from a position of ignorance.

Please read the Bible. Read Genesis if nothing else. Note the sinning that happened, then note that God still worked miracles through those sinners. I think if you will do that, you will understand some of the reactions you are getting here.

If no evangelical conservatives were running, I could understand the tactical support for Trump — especially in 2016 when he agreed to only nominate SCOTUS judges approved by the Right.

But you have Pence this time. I understand he’s way behind in the polls. But Trump’s base is now mostly evangelicals. If the evangelicals switched en masse to Pence, he would instantly be in the lead, without the baggage and age issues Trump has.

I understand he’s way behind in the polls.

It's not just that he's behind in the polls though ReRe.

My Goodness I hate that you're making me say this but Pence is low energy to the extreme. He's as exciting as watching dough rise...and probably just as electable.

Give me a guy with Pence's values who is a fighter, a guy with real passion and energy, I'd support that guy over all comers. That isn't Pence.

I'm not sure people like you ever gave evangelicals a great deal of credibility in the first place...and I'm quite certain it would not take much for a person like you to lose it if ever given the opportunity.

We have choices just like you do. Biden may not check every box for every liberal but he might be more like what they're looking for than other candidates.

Trump isn't a perfect candidate for me either but he certainly checks more of my boxes than Biden. FTR, DeSantis doesn't check all of my boxes either.

Spare me the judgment on Evangelicals, however. You’re in no position to offer insight so far as I can tell.
Love you brother, well said....

No self respecting Christian of any stripe would take spiritual advice from people who have no problem with drag story hour for the kiddos.

No self respecting Christian of any stripe would take spiritual advice from people who have no problem with drag story hour for the kiddos.

To be fair, I don't recall that ReRe has ever said that he's ok with groomers having story hour with kids.

That would certainly be disappointing. You don't have to be a born again Christian to see the evil in that.

To be fair, I don't recall that ReRe has ever said that he's ok with groomers having story hour with kids.

That would certainly be disappointing. You don't have to be a born again Christian to see the evil in that.
If you punch the ticket for politicians that support it, then you support it. At least thats the way I see it.

If you punch the ticket for politicians that support it, then you support it. At least thats the way I see it.

I would have guessed a guy who “punched the ticket” for a lifelong degenerate like Trump would understand the concept of voting tactically “against the other guy.”

I would have guessed a guy who “punched the ticket” for a lifelong degenerate like Trump would understand the concept of voting tactically “against the other guy.”
I have no problem what so ever with the Trump policy agenda. I dont care for him personally. You vote for people who actively advance the trannies in front of kids stuff. You advance the trannies in front of kids agenda.

Last edited:
Most people don’t have the luxury of being able to vote for a candidate with whom they agree 100 percent.
I have no problem what so ever with the Trump policy agenda. I dont care for him personally. You vote for people who actively advance the trannies in front of kids stuff. You advance the trannies in front of kids agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT