ADVERTISEMENT

Most House Democrats and 20 Republicans voted to table a GOP-led effort to censure Adam Schiff.

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/06-14-2023/schiff-censure-house-tabled/
Most House Democrats and 20 Republicans voted to table a GOP-led effort to censure Adam Schiff.
Republicans sought to formally reprimand Schiff for his leadership of the House Intelligence Committee.
6/14/2023, 4:44 PM EDT

7pnjdm.jpg

What happened: A handful of Republicans joined most Democrats in voting to table a measure to censure Rep. Adam Schiff for his previous leadership of the House Intelligence Committee and probes into former President Donald Trump.

The vote: The measure was tabled by a 225-196 vote, with 20 Republicans voting alongside most Democrats. Other Democratic lawmakers were lined up ready to defend the Californian on the floor, but Wednesday’s vote stops the effort from advancing to a full House vote.

Schiff's response: “It’s a continuation of a downward spiral. There are a number of members here now who are just kind of ugly performance artists. It’s all about getting attention, doesn’t matter whether it’s good attention or bad attention, it’s all about the notoriety,” Schiff told reporters after the vote.

Some Republicans have enough skeletons in their closets to stay the hell away from controversy. Trust me I know the same is true for Dims but they have so many federal agencies in their pocket they have no fear of retribution. I may be proven wrong but I don't believe this situation is going to change any time in the foreseeable future. More to the point conservatism is screwed and will be slow to recover if ever.

More proof that every conservative issue, talking point, conspiracy is a bunch of crap

Look how long they've been "outraged" about Schiff and when the vote comes up....nothing, nada, zilch

Just like repealing & replacing Obamacare...building the wall and having Mexico pay for it...eliminating the debt...supporting law enforcement...believing in the constitution...etc

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
i feel like there is slighty more balance and diversity on the boards...not sure whats changed but i apploud everyone on here. Echo chambers are too sheepy for me.

Reactions: RayGravesGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT