ADVERTISEMENT

Thanksgiving coldest on record in the NEast

Last night KWTX TV reported the second triple digit day for Waco. One of the mildest summers on record. Cold front is expected today. There were no triple digit days in July and August. Unheard of.

Some NASA scientists told me in early 2020 we're in a Solar minimum. YouTube took the videos down. Let me guess why.

Reactions: nail1988
As I have said before, I am not an expert on climate change. As with doctors regarding COVID, I defer to recognized experts when they are working within their fields.

You may be surprised to know that serious peer-reviewed research is rarely filled with the dire apocalyptic predictions that are thrown around in the press and by politicians. No, the earth will not combust into a Venusian hellscape in twenty years. But the data do support a rise in mean surface temperature in recent decades. Is that a cause for mass panic? No, but it is something that will likely require adjustment.

You can claim that the researchers are just publishing this stuff to keep the gravy train rolling. But I don’t assume malice and I don’t assume that I know more than the experts. Is it possible that there are errors in their projections? Of course. Science is an iterative process, making adjustments as new data are observed.
The earth is constantly evolving. I was watching a National Geographic show not long ago and according to them, Florida is only about half of it's original size, and the Bering Sea had a land bridge across it, allowing people to migrate from Asia to the Americas. The left loves politicizing everything, anything to excuse them for taxing and spending.

"JUST DO SOMETHING!" is their motto, and are the biggest fear mongers among us. Guns are another glaring example.

As I have said before, I am not an expert on climate change. As with doctors regarding COVID, I defer to recognized experts when they are working within their fields.

You may be surprised to know that serious peer-reviewed research is rarely filled with the dire apocalyptic predictions that are thrown around in the press and by politicians. No, the earth will not combust into a Venusian hellscape in twenty years. But the data do support a rise in mean surface temperature in recent decades. Is that a cause for mass panic? No, but it is something that will likely require adjustment.
Man doesn't have the power to adjust the climate. Good grief please stop reading your crackpot sites.

You can claim that the researchers are just publishing this stuff to keep the gravy train rolling. But I don’t assume malice and I don’t assume that I know more than the experts. Is it possible that there are errors in their projections? Of course. Science is an iterative process, making adjustments as new data are observed.
Or you can use your brain. When a source is consistently wrong, you stop listening to that source.

UNLESS.........the source is telling what you want to hear. And sadly, there are many worriers out there that want to believe that the earth is in peril. Gives their life meaning.

Or you can use your brain. When a source is consistently wrong, you stop listening to that source.

UNLESS.........the source is telling what you want to hear. And sadly, there are many worriers out there that want to believe that the earth is in peril. Gives their life meaning.
Anything and every thing that leads to more regulation and .Gov control is championed by the leftards. I don't care what subject is at hand, you can nail their answer as soon as a topic comes up.

Remind me again, what is the definition of fascism? I think THEY have forgotten. THEY know who they are. 😂

The earth is constantly evolving. I was watching a National Geographic show not long ago and according to them, Florida is only about half of it's original size, and the Bering Sea had a land bridge across it, allowing people to migrate from Asia to the Americas. The left loves politicizing everything, anything to excuse them for taxing and spending.

"JUST DO SOMETHING!" is their motto, and are the biggest fear mongers among us. Guns are another glaring example.
Genelex Labs in Seattle tells me I'm 9% East Asian and 12% Indigenous American. The East Asian comes from the Cherokee who were believed to have walked across the Bering Strait to North America about 13,000 years ago.

Aboriginal Aussies have East Asian DNA. They were believed to have canoed to Australia long, long ago.

C'mon Fats. We've been told a million times unseasonably cold weather is caused by global warming. I can't recall the article, but I was told global warming is racist as well. 😂 😂

In early 2020 some NASA scientists told me we're in a Solar minimum. 2020 saw Denver's earliest freeze on record. February, '21 saw record snowfall in the northeast, record cold in Texas. I could go on, but thinking people get the gist. The Warmists become unhinged because thinking people don't fall for Gorleone's ruse..

Sunny….this can’t be….a cooling gulf ? Below normal temps? The warmest predicted a apocalyptic hurricane season 🤭

Greg Bostwick - Water temperatures over the northern Gulf coast and west central Gulf are falling to below normal levels for early October. Even though many areas of the Gulf are warmer than normal, very unfavorable upper level conditions will be in place well into the middle of the month….it is extremely likely that the 2021 hurricane season is over for Texas and Louisiana.

understanding-science-cash.jpg

In early 2020 some NASA scientists told me we're in a Solar minimum. 2020 saw Denver's earliest freeze on record. February, '21 saw record snowfall in the northeast, record cold in Texas. I could go on, but thinking people get the gist. The Warmists become unhinged because thinking people don't fall for Gorleone's ruse..

Some NASA scientists tell me we're in a Solar minimum. No surprise here.
Looks like someone heard a buzz word but doesn’t understand what it means.

But what about the solar minimum?

It was cold in Waco last night. It’s all a hoax!

Every time you post ITT...

Thanksgiving coldest on record in the NEast​

...rises to the top. 😂

That's a HUGE win, isn't it? The OP is clearly awesome because of this thread.

Reactions: fatman76
Every time you post ITT...

Thanksgiving coldest on record in the NEast​

...rises to the top. 😂

That's a HUGE win, isn't it? The OP is clearly awesome because of this thread.
It was a good thread until it got passed up.

80 pages.

Sunny

how can this be?

Heavy snow hits Mount Rushmore

Western South Dakota, Black Hills sees 14 inches of snow in first major snowfall of the season​

Sunny

how can this be?

Heavy snow hits Mount Rushmore

Western South Dakota, Black Hills sees 14 inches of snow in first major snowfall of the season​

I love ❤️ warming

This can't be. Ask a Warmist.

All you Geartuh Tooobairg lovers

Geartuh, Geartuh, Geartuh....

BEIJING, Oct. 17 (Xinhua) -- A cold wave drove temperatures in Beijing below zero degrees Celsius Sunday morning, setting a record low for the mid-October period, the municipal meteorological authority said.

A temperature of minus 0.2 degrees at 6:44 a.m. Sunday was the lowest recorded in the 10 days from Oct. 11 to 20 by a city observatory since 1969.

Antarctica's last 6 months were the coldest on record

All you Geartuh Tooobairg lovers

Geartuh, Geartuh, Geartuh....

BEIJING, Oct. 17 (Xinhua) -- A cold wave drove temperatures in Beijing below zero degrees Celsius Sunday morning, setting a record low for the mid-October period, the municipal meteorological authority said.

A temperature of minus 0.2 degrees at 6:44 a.m. Sunday was the lowest recorded in the 10 days from Oct. 11 to 20 by a city observatory since 1969.

Antarctica's last 6 months were the coldest on record

In early 2020 some NASA scientists told me we're in a solar minimum. YouTube took the videos down. The NASA declaration did not fit the Warmist narrative.

Man made global warming is a religion for the Warmists. The slow buy in. The thinking question.

• Haha
In early 2020 some NASA scientists told me we're in a solar minimum. YouTube took the videos down. The NASA declaration did not fit the Warmist narrative.

Man made global warming is a religion for the Warmists. The slow buy in. The thinking question.
I’d stick with things you understand. , like red and blue make purple. You peaked in fifth grade.

Greater than 99% consensus on human caused climate change in the peer-reviewed scientific literature - IOPscience
Abstract:

While controls over the Earth's climate system have undergone rigorous hypothesis-testing since the 1800s, questions over the scientific consensus of the role of human activities in modern climate change continue to arise in public settings. We update previous efforts to quantify the scientific consensus on climate change by searching the recent literature for papers sceptical of anthropogenic-caused global warming. From a dataset of 88125 climate-related papers published since 2012, when this question was last addressed comprehensively, we examine a randomized subset of 3000 such publications. We also use a second sample-weighted approach that was specifically biased with keywords to help identify any sceptical peer-reviewed papers in the whole dataset. We identify four sceptical papers out of the sub-set of 3000, as evidenced by abstracts that were rated as implicitly or explicitly sceptical of human-caused global warming. In our sample utilizing pre-identified sceptical keywords we found 28 papers that were implicitly or explicitly sceptical. We conclude with high statistical confidence that the scientific consensus on human-caused contemporary climate change—expressed as a proportion of the total publications—exceeds 99% in the peer reviewed scientific literature

I’d stick with things you understand. , like red and blue make purple. You peaked in fifth grade.

Greater than 99% consensus on human caused climate change in the peer-reviewed scientific literature - IOPscience
Abstract:

While controls over the Earth's climate system have undergone rigorous hypothesis-testing since the 1800s, questions over the scientific consensus of the role of human activities in modern climate change continue to arise in public settings. We update previous efforts to quantify the scientific consensus on climate change by searching the recent literature for papers sceptical of anthropogenic-caused global warming. From a dataset of 88125 climate-related papers published since 2012, when this question was last addressed comprehensively, we examine a randomized subset of 3000 such publications. We also use a second sample-weighted approach that was specifically biased with keywords to help identify any sceptical peer-reviewed papers in the whole dataset. We identify four sceptical papers out of the sub-set of 3000, as evidenced by abstracts that were rated as implicitly or explicitly sceptical of human-caused global warming. In our sample utilizing pre-identified sceptical keywords we found 28 papers that were implicitly or explicitly sceptical. We conclude with high statistical confidence that the scientific consensus on human-caused contemporary climate change—expressed as a proportion of the total publications—exceeds 99% in the peer reviewed scientific literature
You've never slept through a class in classical mechanics, have you? You would still be the lowest scoring member here on my "5th grade quiz."

You've never slept through a class in classical mechanics, have you? You would still be the lowest scoring member here on my "5th grade quiz."
LOLOL. Whenever faced with real world issues, you always fall back on your fifth grade quiz. I don’t blame you. You may have passed some test a long time ago, but you sure say a lot of stupid things.

What color do you get when you mix red and white?

Last edited:

Abstract:

A study or 99% of people making a claim doesn't make it fact.

As @Sunburnt Indian reminds us, you tell us you are slow every day. All we have to do is listen.

Climate change is real. It has always existed.

Man-made climate change is NOT real. Man does not have the ability to change the climate through his actions.

Here is a simple question for you: If man wanted to raise the earth's temperature by 1 degree celsius, what activities would man need to partake in, how many men would need to engage in these activities, and for how long?

If man could actually change the climate, this would be a terrible easy question to answer. Even for you.

But you have no clue. Because man-made climate change isn't real.

Much like your ability to pay your Rivals bill on time.

It was cold in Waco last night. It’s all a hoax!

At least 85% of the world's population has been impacted by climate change???

Why isn't it 100%? Are you really this slow?

ADVERTISEMENT