ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Billy is Out

Haha, this ain't identity politics. Perhaps he doesn't have enough seasons and success under his belt yet. Arizona just beat Utah without him and Washington just lost to Rutgers with him. Spurrier won the ACC with Duke before being Gators coach and Meyer won the conference at Utah before being Gators coach. I like Fisch's UF pedigree and offensive focus but maybe he needs a bit more seasoning. Regardless, I'd be ok if we hired him for next season. Muschamp was a hothead, McElwain and Mullen were weirdos, and Napier is mopey dopey. Need a more even keeled offensive smart guy like Lane or Jedd or whoever.
By far the best post on this thread.

sling-blade.gif

billy-napier-sunbeltbilly.gif

"Billy is a man of substance. He's a leader of substance. He is very methodical, which probably, long term, is going to be really good for Florida and for our football program because he's not gonna cut a corner, he's not gonna take a shortcut. He's gonna build a really, really solid foundation. And he's gonna get this thing going to be at the level that all Gators want it to be at, which is competing for championships, playing in meaningful postseason games. Once he gets it to that point, it's gonna stay at that point.
I see the steps he's taken, the caliber of young people he's brought in. He's improved the roster, he's improved the overall structure of the team. I think we have been patient as a university. That patience is gonna be rewarded. I really believe Billy Napier's gonna be the head coach at Florida for a long, long time."

"Billy is a man of substance. He's a leader of substance. He is very methodical, which probably, long term, is going to be really good for Florida and for our football program because he's not gonna cut a corner, he's not gonna take a shortcut. He's gonna build a really, really solid foundation. And he's gonna get this thing going to be at the level that all Gators want it to be at, which is competing for championships, playing in meaningful postseason games. Once he gets it to that point, it's gonna stay at that point.
I see the steps he's taken, the caliber of young people he's brought in. He's improved the roster, he's improved the overall structure of the team. I think we have been patient as a university. That patience is gonna be rewarded. I really believe Billy Napier's gonna be the head coach at Florida for a long, long time."

And fever, I'd be good with that,,, IF it looked like it was going forward in a positive way on the field.

247Sports says that his combined recruits in his 3rd season Rank #14 in the nation.

He has dumped those already on the roster that he didn't want and brought in those to replace them from the portal.
He has built his own coaching staff and he's been given a 50+ auxiliary staff to cover every part of his program.
(things that the previous 3 fired HC's weren't given)

Given all of that, where is his 3rd season standing at now?
2022 - 6-7
2023 - 5-7
2024 - 2-2, 1-1 SEC
Where does the W/L need to be by the end of 2024, now that he has the 'High Quality Team of His Own Choosing?'

Note: I don't want to see him fired today or tomorrow mid-season.
I would maybe even be willing to give him a 4th year to make the Big Turnaround that some claim is coming.
But at some point.......................

Reactions: Gator Fever
Who made this statement?

Given all of that, where is his 3rd season standing at now?
2022 - 6-7
2023 - 5-7
2024 - 2-2, 1-1 SEC
Where does the W/L need to be by the end of 2024, now that he has the 'High Quality Team of His Own Choosing?'

Note: I don't want to see him fired today or tomorrow mid-season.
I would maybe even be willing to give him a 4th year to make the Big Turnaround that some claim is coming.
But at some point.......................
The only way Sling Blade gets another season is to go 9-3. Norvell pulled it off in his 3rd season. No excuse for losing to a garbage Texas A&M team beating us with their POS backup who lit up our defense. The Miami game should have been far more competitive, perhaps won by UF as their semi garbage with an easier schedule than FSU had in decades.

The only way Sling Blade gets another season is to go 9-3. Norvell pulled it off in his 3rd season. No excuse for losing to a garbage Texas A&M team beating us with their POS backup who lit up our defense. The Miami game should have been far more competitive, perhaps won by UF as their semi garbage with an easier schedule than FSU had in decades.

I think they would retain him after what our biggest booster had to say but the chance of him pulling it off is extremely low. A UCF or KY loss instantly seals his fate even if they wait a while to officially fire him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT