ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day thread

Depending on what happens in front of us, I think Lemons would potentially push us past both Miami and TAMU.

Lemons and another would seal it and one more on top of that would put us ise to 8th overall with USC.

Don't necessarily see it happening, but really good shot at getting to 9th and finishing with the 4th best SEC class.

Depends on what happens the rest of the day though.

Don't count it. Y'll forget that we're one of the few schools that offer 4-year scholarships, which means unlike teams like Bama we can't sign 'underrated' players for depth and then cut them come next signing day to make room for studs. That's why we gotta be more selective.
While that is true technically, it might not be in reality. UF coaches just tell the kid they won't play and might as well transfer....the kid usually thinks he can play, so he transfers. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall a kid just sitting around waiting, taking the ship and only practicing. It might happen, but Florida has its share of processing/transfers also. It always happens at the same time...kids getting flushed.

Depending on what happens in front of us, I think Lemons would potentially push us past both Miami and TAMU.

Lemons and another would seal it and one more on top of that would put us ise to 8th overall with USC.

Don't necessarily see it happening, but really good shot at getting to 9th and finishing with the 4th best SEC class.

Depends on what happens the rest of the day though.

Sorry Danny, my bad, I assume you guys are using rivals rankings. In which case we may well hit top ten.

So, if sadgator is understanding it correctly following this thread, we did pretty well (coulda done a little better), but it wasn't the doomsday scenario some were predicting a week or so ago? Is that a fair assessment?

Yes. Sounds about right. The Henderson and Edwards deal plus landing Conliffe really helped this class. Still not a ton of elite talent but needs addressed with quality players

So, if sadgator is understanding it correctly following this thread, we did pretty well (coulda done a little better), but it wasn't the doomsday scenario some were predicting a week or so ago? Is that a fair assessment?
I would agree with that....UF had a nice finish. We did ok, but missed on a few. I am not unhappy.

While that is true technically, it might not be in reality. UF coaches just tell the kid they won't play and might as well transfer....the kid usually thinks he can play, so he transfers. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall a kid just sitting around waiting, taking the ship and only practicing. It might happen, but Florida has its share of processing/transfers also. It always happens at the same time...kids getting flushed.

I don't follow other teams as much but sure UF has had some transfer and even quit. UF has also had a fair share of those who rarely played. They were at best special teams warriors their junior/senior years.

I'm pretty happy with the way today went. I don't follow recruiting as closely as a lot of these guys (collectively this board does a pretty sweet job covering it), but it was definitely looking pretty bleak a few days ago. Not too much difference between our class and Penn St. at 10. The top 10 classes (on Rivals) definitely seem like they separated themselves. We've got comparable talent, but their talent looks a lot deeper. In a way, the drop down into the 30s actually benefited Mac, because now the story is his signing day success, rather than signing a mid-teens class.

But all in all, I have to congratulate the staff on pulling out a pretty good class. Now we just need some first downs. Maybe if we start moving the ball, we'll start recruiting offense like we've been recruiting defense.

But you understand the difference, right? Oh wait, my bad

I don't follow other teams as much but sure UF has had some transfer and even quit. UF has also had a fair share of those who rarely played. They were at best special teams warriors their junior/senior years.
And UF has its fair share of transfers, too. There were bus loads under Muschamp. Few are going to stay where they are not wanted. It's a nice thing UF can say to recruits. There really is not much risk, though, in having an unwanted kid camping out...he leaves if the coaches say "You will never take a snap here. You might want to find some place you can." I am sure there are some cases here and there, but certainly not enough to affect the coaches' decision making in terms of recruits. And anyone who plays, including ST warriors earn their scholarship. Coaches love those scrappy kids who can't hold a position but hustle and make plays on ST. Even Bama has them.

I'm pretty happy with the way today went. I don't follow recruiting as closely as a lot of these guys (collectively this board does a pretty sweet job covering it), but it was definitely looking pretty bleak a few days ago. Not too much difference between our class and Penn St. at 10. The top 10 classes (on Rivals) definitely seem like they separated themselves. We've got comparable talent, but their talent looks a lot deeper. In a way, the drop down into the 30s actually benefited Mac, because now the story is his signing day success, rather than signing a mid-teens class.

But all in all, I have to congratulate the staff on pulling out a pretty good class. Now we just need some first downs. Maybe if we start moving the ball, we'll start recruiting offense like we've been recruiting defense.

Bud, we recruited the hell out of offense skill position players last recruiting cycle plus did pretty good in that area in year one.

Off the top of my head without looking.
WR Callaway
WR Wells
WR Swain
WR Hammond
WR Cleveland
RB Scarlett
RB Cronkite (who did fair but didn't pan out long term)
RB/WR Massey
RB Perine
RB Thompson
QB Franks
QB Eagle Scout Team

I'm sure I've obviously missed a few. This is top of head, no reading.

Plus a few OL who are starting.

I wish it was a little better but to be top 10 in total blue chippers now and 5th in the SEC in recruiting is a big improvement from the 7th to 8th place SEC finish that looked likely just a week or two ago. I am pleasantly surprised actually considering what I thought might happen.

Mac was on SEC Network and he looked ridiculous.

Who dresses this guy? He's embarrassing.

Bill Belichik

If MC starts to win... Nobody will GAF.

Hell half the time Spurrier had his hair all sticking up or out of a visor with his same lame orange golf style shirt and nobody gaf.

Glad they let Robinson in, give the man a chance to straighten up. And we get a major talent too. 6'4 Lakeland boy with speed to burn and great hands. This close has been great.

I wonder how Mac pulled of Robinson. The admin was pretty set against him.

If this goes south with JR in the future, Mac will have some tough times with them.

Add in Lemons potentially tonight and that's 23 guys.

15 of which would be 4 stars.

I wonder how Mac pulled of Robinson. The admin was pretty set against him.

If this goes south with JR in the future, Mac will have some tough times with them.

Add in Lemons potentially tonight and that's 23 guys.

15 of which would be 4 stars.

With Robison this will be a nice class. The administration must be listening.

Allowing Mac to sign Robinson shows that the big boosters were probably in the ears of the administration.

Getting Lemmons too, huge! I'm gonna credit the all positivity thread for today :D:p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT