ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day thread

As of right now, we're ranked 12th, and have a top 5 SEC class.

There's a legitimate shot at a Top 10 finish if a few more guys fall in line.

Thank god Herman didn't go to LSU with the way they recruit. If they ever got a coach they'd wreck everybody. Players in Louisiana have unreal loyalty to them.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Thank god Herman didn't go to LSU with the way they recruit. If they ever got a coach they'd wreck everybody. Players in Louisiana have unreal loyalty to them.

I'll still be surprised if Orgeron gets consistently good results there.

No big in-state competition in Louisiana. Honestly it is a bit of an underachieving program IMO

Hearing Parks has signed with Bama?

Weird if true.

Could be important with Ray...we'll find out shortly.

Stand at #14 Composite class. Edwards still to come, but Byrd yet to be dropped. Either way the Henderson signing really changed things. Allows us to get to our normal top end quality DB class. Wonder if we would have backed off Stiner if we had know Henderson and Edwards would come our way? Either way I don't see a numbers issue because I think we will have some guys leave for the draft next year and maybe a few transfer out.

No big in-state competition in Louisiana. Honestly it is a bit of an underachieving program IMO

It is, Miles was a terrible game day coach. Even with that they won about 10-11 ever year with him off talent alone.

Stand at #14 Composite class. Edwards still to come, but Byrd yet to be dropped. Either way the Henderson signing really changed things. Allows us to get to our normal top end quality DB class. Wonder if we would have backed off Stiner if we had know Henderson and Edwards would come our way? Either way I don't see a numbers issue because I think we will have some guys leave for the draft next year and maybe a few transfer out.

Don't count it. Y'll forget that we're one of the few schools that offer 4-year scholarships, which means unlike teams like Bama we can't sign 'underrated' players for depth and then cut them come next signing day to make room for studs. That's why we gotta be more selective.

Don't count it. Y'll forget that we're one of the few schools that offer 4-year scholarships, which means unlike teams like Bama we can't sign 'underrated' players for depth and then cut them come next signing day to make room for studs. That's why we gotta be more selective.

Well we'll need to hit OL, WR and DE hard next year.

Didn't they make a rule about grey shirts a while back?

To be fair with Ray, the guy is from Madison, AL.

Not sure he was ever coming here but the chance was higher before Saban pulled his Grey Shirt magic on Parks.

Edwards to UF. That is 10 prospects from South Florida in this class (most ever) and very impressive IMO. The recruiting class ended up being pretty good when it was all said and done.

We've had a really nice close. Would have like to have had one more WR and another RB to keep adding to the offense, but everywhere else we met needs. They really need to let Robinson and Lemons in. Give them a 1 eff up policy if need be, we won't be back until we can take some chances on players like that.

I like that we have 3 projected CBs and 3 projected safeties.

Nice balance there.

If Lemons comes on board, that helps out the RB spot.

We've had a really nice close. Would have like to have had one more WR and another RB to keep adding to the offense, but everywhere else we met needs. They really need to let Robinson and Lemons in. Give them a 1 eff up policy if need be, we won't be back until we can take some chances on players like that.

You know...You are spot on.

I cringed at times when some of Meyer's players got into trouble...But this day in age to be a top school you do have to gamble.

I mean I've been pleased with the small amount of arrests/suspensions from Mc's recruits but man sometimes you have to gamble.

Yep and we need those guys badly too. Right now only 6 offensive commits. We loaded up there last year so it's not a big, big deal but to get back we need to keep adding there. The Robinson thing is just dumb to me and just seems like a setup. How does he get popped for smoking with a bunch of Ohio St. players and he's the only one that got cited?

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Yep and we need those guys badly too. Right now only 6 offensive commits. We loaded up there last year so it's not a big, big deal but to get back we need to keep adding there. The Robinson thing is just dumb to me and just seems like a setup. How does he get popped for smoking with a bunch of Ohio St. players and he's the only one that got cited?
It's because he got set-up. He should have never went on that trip.

I'm impressed that we pulled 10 kids from South Florida. Probably the best we have ever done from that area.

100% - unless we fill the class and literally have no schollys left - take a chance on Robinson.

Robinson is a massive WR too at 6'4". I am not really concerned about RB, just need two instead if 1 next year. We will also need 2 TE next year. If I have concerns right now it is QB because I know Mac looked very hard to flip a couple down the stretch and I always get nervous with only 2 OL in a class. But he did whay we asked and nailed down some thin defensive positions which was huge.

No doubt this class is heavy on the defensive side and it would be nice to finish out with a couple of skill guys on offense. Very good close out to bring this class up from a #31 ranking to the mid-teens with a chance to move even higher.

No doubt this class is heavy on the defensive side and it would be nice to finish out with a couple of skill guys on offense. Very good close out to bring this class up from a #31 ranking to the mid-teens with a chance to move even higher.

Wasn't one of the criticisms that Muschamp didn't recruit enough offense and Mac doesn't recruit enough defense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT