ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day thread

So Henderson and Edwards are for sure coming? If we pull that off then I was way wrong about Mac closing and will be happy as hell to take that L. We would have a damn nice class.
Yes it would. Not only that it would give us like 9-10 kids in the recruiting class from South Florida.

My biggest gripe has always been filling needs rankings be damned. If they land both Henderson and Edwards we'll have the best DB class in the country and y'all know I love me some DB's lol. And we finally got some damn defensive linemen inside with Slaton, Conliffe, and Campbell. Sucks that we won't have a choice but to play them as freshmen because of past classes but better late than never. And I thought Lemons was still in?

From what im understanding, Lemons is more of a maybe at this point.

Would love to have him though.

During the last few days, Florida went from being ranked #34 (& 8 4*'s) all the way up to #12 (11 4*'s, 8 3*'s). That was a very steep climb in the rankings by this UF class - still more to sign later.

With 19 total commits so far and a current #12 ranking, Florida passed recruiting classes like Clemson, Nebraska, South Carolina, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Auburn, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Maryland and Miami. Florida is just a few points from #11 Tennessee's class (28 commits) and just ahead of #13 Miami's class (22 commits). If McElwain can add even more high quality players to Florida's class, the Gators are in position to match or stay close to #9 Penn State (20 commits) & #8 Southern Cal (19 commits).

However, with the addition of Jones, the Trojans now have 12 4*'s to the Gators' 11 4*'s. Nevertheless, Florida should finish in the top 15 after NSD is finished. With more players like Henderson, Edwards, etc. at play there will be more recruiting battles (i.e, UF-UM) ahead for UF today.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas A&M

26 1 12 13 3.54 2257
USC

19 0 12 7 3.63 2256
Penn State

20 1 9 10 3.55 2146
Tennessee

28 0 9 18 3.29 2040
Florida

19 0 11 8 3.58 2004
Miami (FL)

22 0 8 13 3.32 1999
Maryland

29 0 7 21 3.21 1963
Auburn

19 0 9 9 3.42 1951
Stanford

14 3 7 4 3.93 1923
Notre Dame

18 0 8 9 3.39 1919
South Carolina

21 0 6 14 3.24 1847
UCLA

18 2 6 8 3.44 1847
Clemson

14 3 6 5 3.86 1826
Oregon

22 0 8 13 3.32 1796
Nebraska

19 0 7 11 3.32 1738
Kentucky

24 0 4 17 3.04 1723
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
[QUOTis ="Dannygator1989, post: 985153, member: 2980"]From what im understanding, Lemons is more of a maybe at this point.

Would love to have him though.[/QUOTE]
What is the issue with lemmons?

[QUOTis ="Dannygator1989, post: 985153, member: 2980"]From what im understanding, Lemons is more of a maybe at this point.

Would love to have him though.
What is the issue with lemmons?[/QUOTE]

There's talk about the staff wanting to raise his grades.

So I suppose there's a possibility that he signs, just not potentially today.

Never know.

My biggest gripe has always been filling needs rankings be damned. If they land both Henderson and Edwards we'll have the best DB class in the country and y'all know I love me some DB's lol. And we finally got some damn defensive linemen inside with Slaton, Conliffe, and Campbell. Sucks that we won't have a choice but to play them as freshmen because of past classes but better late than never. And I thought Lemons was still in?

First off this will be an excellent defensive class. Other than DE we killed it. No highly rated LB but we have to trust Randy. DE is not a position of need so no big deal there. Also tons of south Florida talent. Anyone who didn't want Randy promoted is crazy, my man is doing work.

Offensively, as these kids come in Lemons is looking less likely. Looks like we lose our second TE Byrd to grades. But we landed a quality TE and I believe our current RB committ is one of the more underrated players in the country by the services. We are only getting 2 OL but they both appear to be high potential players. We will have to hit OL recruiting hard next year. I, personally, think our lone QB and WR recruits are both overrated BUT we nailed those position heavily last year so it shouldn't hurt us in the ling run. One thing I think we will regret is not recruiting thr WR Harley who we apparently passed on because Mac/Nuss didn't like his size. He is Brandon James type. Only reason I hate judging WR too much on size is that was what Chump did and it seems to miss a lot

Reactions: rdgtr
It says 19 recruits now...can't figure out whom.

Maybe Rivals is glitching though.

Only 4 points behind Tennessee now.

Correction: It's probably Byrd.

I also like that UGA and FSU took some losses. Solomon going to Michigan and Jones going to USC is good for us, especially the Solomon loss. UGA only has 1 DT commit now and they needed that position badly. F*ck em.

When is Henderson and Edwards announcing? I hope we reach out to Parks too apparently they're saying Bama is out of room and he planned to commit there and has now delayed his announcement. Why not us?

I also like that UGA and FSU took some losses. Solomon going to Michigan and Jones going to USC is good for us, especially the Solomon loss. UGA only has 1 DT commit now and they needed that position badly. F*ck em.

The following is soley my opinion.

Looking at classes as a whole I think OSU has the best class based on quality and balance. If Marvin Wilson committs to FSU I would put them second. Bama has an asinine amount of the highest rated kids but I wonder how this transition to DT QBs will work for Saban. That said he is turnong away kids other top programs are fighting over. I think UGa has a nice haul but they are missing on some important positions. Harbaugh is doing well but I think he is a little weak on OL for what he wants to do. That said, rumor is they want to move to an O with some zone read with the McCaffery kid.

Those five schools are the winners and LSU is landing a monster class but they still have Ogre and his limitations.

When is Henderson and Edwards announcing? I hope we reach out to Parks too apparently they're saying Bama is out of room and he planned to commit there and has now delayed his announcement. Why not us?

Noon for the 2 DBs.

Now, this is NOT intended as a bashing of a kid, simply a comparison but word is Parks is having the Jake Allen issue in that his senior year was meh and he was a better take a year ago than now. That said, if we had room for the Brunson kid at LB who I hear is a huge reach, why not Parks?

If Bama is full (depending on what that means) we could be in play for Ray in an hour and a half.

If Bama is full (depending on what that means) we could be in play for Ray in an hour and a half.

I THINK they have room for Ray. But damn, if we got our hands on him this quickly becomes an unreal defensive class. Already very solid and the JUCO DT Young is still a possible great addition.

Stanford and Clemson have sick classes too, but they're down in the rankings because of numbers. Stanford I think has three guys ranked #1 at their position, two of em are oline too which is where it matters.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Parks doesn't have a LOI from Bama, UF or FSU

Parks doesn't have a LOI from Bama, UF or FSU

This doesn't make any sense for me, at least for us. Why would we take some no-name LB from Miami and not Parks? You sign as many DL as you can possibly sign and let it play out. We have the room too unlike Bama or FSU so there's no reason we shouldn't take a chance.

We can take 25. I believe we are leaving a spot open for the Jake Furhmorgen (sp?) transfer as well.

I also believe Henderson sent his LOI into UF a few hours ago.

Got Henderson. I'll be able to keep enjoying DB play around here. :D

Hope we use him on offense too his tape at RB is crazy, like a taller Chris Rainey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT