ADVERTISEMENT

Proprietary COVID-19 and Vaccine thread

More of the ‘as vaccinations go up so too will those hospitalized despite vaccination’ narrative.

Just part of the math someone has to do. I get why, but it also points to flaws in how we’re trying to prevent the illness from this virus. Maybe if we did more with treatments and prophylactics…

Hey thanks for posting an article that supports vaccinations. You might wanna read it next time if that was not your goal.

Here is a good general view of how social media misinformation is spread with the help of bots.

"66% of COVID-19 posts are related to bots."

Bots are used to amplify a message. This is known as inauthentic amplification, which is essentially a force multiplier for misinformation (which is spreading fake news when you believe it) and disinformation (which is spreading fake news when you know it is fake).

Here is a good general view of how social media misinformation is spread with the help of bots.

"66% of COVID-19 posts are related to bots."

Bots are used to amplify a message. This is known as inauthentic amplification, which is essentially a force multiplier for misinformation (which is spreading fake news when you believe it) and disinformation (which is spreading fake news when you know it is fake).
No way, you mean some of our free thinkers could be being misled by robots design to post things to appeal to their conspiratorial thoughts. Say it ain’t so sort, say it ain’t so.

No way, you mean some of our free thinkers could be being misled by robots design to post things to appeal to their conspiratorial thoughts. Say it ain’t so sort, say it ain’t so.
Whether people like to believe it or not, there are multiple massive and coordinated efforts to take advantage of social media followers. Bad guys target people with certain personalities and world views, as these traits render them more susceptible to conspiratorial thinking and therefore susceptibility to manipulation. Twitter is a cesspool for this type of activity. Everyone should be very cautious about the information they choose to believe as true. Apply logic and critical thinking, ask yourself if the tweet is intended to convince (you of something) or convey (actual information).
Good luck out there.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
@fatman76 what is your takeaway from this article?
While vaccination % increases have probably lowered the number of hospitalized and dead overall, the increased percentage of vaccinated in the hospital points to the relative ineffectiveness of the vaccines and means we need to continue research into both ADE and other prophylactic treatments as well as therapeutics.

Basically the vaccines aren't the answer to ending the pandemic and we need to stop single-tracking the response to this virus.

Mandates are almost always bad. Counterproductive to tell people what to do rather than inform them and let them make the personal choice. It was highly predictable that Biden's mandate would backfire.
The mandate had nothing to do with Covid. Biden couldn't care less about doing the right thing for the country, this was PR.

He pushed it just before 9/11, I think the Thursday before the Saturday. Why not wait until Monday? What would have changed if he waited a few days?

He knows damn well it won't hold up to legal challenges - if you were listening his administration and its health officials told us for months the mandate wasn't something they could legally push for.

While vaccination % increases have probably lowered the number of hospitalized and dead overall, the increased percentage of vaccinated in the hospital points to the relative ineffectiveness of the vaccines and means we need to continue research into both ADE and other prophylactic treatments as well as therapeutics.

Basically the vaccines aren't the answer to ending the pandemic and we need to stop single-tracking the response to this virus.
I pretty much agree. The vaccine is not the only answer to curbing the pandemic, but it is a key part of a comprehensive approach. And yes, we absolutely need to continue our research, and I think that research will lead to an improved product. Hopefully that is soon.

The mandate had nothing to do with Covid. Biden couldn't care less about doing the right thing for the country, this was PR.

He pushed it just before 9/11, I think the Thursday before the Saturday. Why not wait until Monday? What would have changed if he waited a few days?

He knows damn well it won't hold up to legal challenges - if you were listening his administration and its health officials told us for months the mandate wasn't something they could legally push for.
Politics aside, my point about the mandate is that it created vaccine hesitancy, which is counterproductive. Many people are now equating the vaccine with governmental overreach. The worst thing that could be done would be to associate the vaccine with a political entity - that only exacerbates the problem of getting many people (especially if they aren't Biden supporters) to consider getting vaccinated on the merits of the medical, scientific, and statistical information.

I pretty much agree. The vaccine is not the only answer to curbing the pandemic, but it is a key part of a comprehensive approach. And yes, we absolutely need to continue our research, and I think that research will lead to an improved product. Hopefully that is soon.
That's not what's happening.

It's take the shot and shut up. Don't talk about Ivermectin. Don't talk about HCQ. And if you say anything bad about the shot you'll get your medical license pulled - 1776 showed us that threat.

It's insanity and it's not about what is best for the patient. This isn't about Covid.

Let me ask you this. In the last say 6 months, how much has the protocol changed for seriously ill patients and how have outcomes improved? Honest question. Still seems like once you get on the vent you're pretty much fvcked.

Politics aside, my point about the mandate is that it created vaccine hesitancy, which is counterproductive. Many people are now equating the vaccine with governmental overreach. The worst thing that could be done would be to associate the vaccine with a political entity - that only exacerbates the problem of getting many people (especially if they aren't Biden supporters) to consider getting vaccinated on the merits of the medical, scientific, and statistical information.
I'm arguing the motive, not the outcome of the Mandate. The outcome was known before he ever passed it.

In other words, distracting from AFG was more important to Biden than increasing vaccine hesitancy. And he knew that his core base would probably support the mandate. I didn't see much liberal outrage about it.

He's not a good person, and he's a terrible leader.

Whether people like to believe it or not, there are multiple massive and coordinated efforts to take advantage of social media followers. Bad guys target people with certain personalities and world views, as these traits render them more susceptible to conspiratorial thinking and therefore susceptibility to manipulation. Twitter is a cesspool for this type of activity. Everyone should be very cautious about the information they choose to believe as true. Apply logic and critical thinking, ask yourself if the tweet is intended to convince (you of something) or convey (actual information).
Good luck out there.

Good grief. Read the study, first….you could shoot more holes in that study than 12 gauge puts holes in a bird. Second, that may be one of the most generalizing and vague studies I have ever seen. Define fake news for example. Did they use one of those unbiased “fact checkers” to determine whats fake?

Not saying bots don’t spread misinformation or disinformation, but even that study says humans are the biggest spreaders of fake news. Just saying that damn study is quite comical.

Lastly, I wonder how much fake news the actual media in this country is spreading?

I see you and Numero Cincuenta still got the pom poms for each other. So that’s good I suppose. 😂

It's take the shot and shut up. Don't talk about Ivermectin. Don't talk about HCQ. And if you say anything bad about the shot you'll get your medical license pulled - 1776 showed us that threat.

It's insanity and it's not about what is best for the patient. This isn't about Covid.

Let me ask you this. In the last say 6 months, how much has the protocol changed for seriously ill patients and how have outcomes improved? Honest question. Still seems like once you get on the vent you're pretty much fvcked.
This is not entirely true. There is research being done on IVM Chaccour et al. (2020) and López-Medina et al. (2021) are two that I recently reviewed and I might have shared them on this thread. But even if we say that everything in your post is true, that is still separate and apart from the key point, and that is that the vaccines are beneficial overall. If politicians and others are messing things up, that sucks (when do they not do that?) but it is an overlapping but still different issue. If we focus solely on the vaccine itself, then we can understand the relative pro's and con's better.

Reactions: gator1776
Good grief. Read the study, first….you could shoot more holes in that study than 12 gauge puts holes in a bird. Second, that may be one of the most generalizing and vague studies I have ever seen. Define fake news for example. Did they use one of those unbiased “fact checkers” to determine whats fake?

Not saying bots don’t spread misinformation or disinformation, but even that study says humans are the biggest spreaders of fake news. Just saying that damn study is quite comical.

Lastly, I wonder how much fake news the actual media in this country is spreading?
I've read that study and done studies of my own. If you disagree with the findings, then just disagree and state your objections in a rational and mature manner. No need to get all mad.
Yes people spread misinformation. It's perfectly ok to doubt fact checkers. Yes the mainstream media is also implicit in spreading misinformation. There are multiple applied strategies and methods used.
This is about one aspect of the spreading of misinformation, and bots are a common and prolific tool to do so.

I've read that study and done studies of my own. If you disagree with the findings, then just disagree and state your objections in a rational and mature manner. No need to get all mad.
Yes people spread misinformation. It's perfectly ok to doubt fact checkers. Yes the mainstream media is also implicit in spreading misinformation. There are multiple applied strategies and methods used.
This is about one aspect of the spreading of misinformation, and bots are a common and prolific tool to do so.

Psst. How do you interpret emotion in text? That is a serious skill my man.

As for disagreeing with the findings…i simply stated the study is hot garbage. It just is. Way too many holes. If you hold that study up to your scientific standards than I would question anything else you post from here out. I just gave one example above, there are many.

Lastly, scientific studies are susceptible to much of the same chicanery as fake news. Influenced by dollars, and power, and yes….their information to back an agenda, is spread by those very same bots.

The CDC admitted a month ago that the shots no longer work, if they ever did.

The shot cheerleaders totally ignored that. Useful idiots in a massive con job.

Well now those letters only address spreading misinformation about vaccination. We are still free to talk about ivermectin or other things. In fact we talked about it just yet yesterday in the pharmaceuticals and therapeutics committee and I was a guest invitee to discuss Covid and ivermectin. We are still talking about these things and there is some definite ongoing research on ivermectin, we’re just looking for a reputable research article to come out that’s intellectually honest and has a good research control to tell us if it works or not.

As I’ve said before, if it does work according to the research I’ll be the first want to use it. But the research is available now is mostly negative for ivermectin and all of it is poor quality research. For what it’s worth.

It's about trying to drive the narrative that the unvaxxed are bad people and its 'us vs them'.

It's an emotionally-driven argument that appeals to emotional people who lack critical thinking skills. It preys on people like the shot cheerleaders, as we see ITT.

Reactions: fatman76
I'm arguing the motive, not the outcome of the Mandate. The outcome was known before he ever passed it.

In other words, distracting from AFG was more important to Biden than increasing vaccine hesitancy. And he knew that his core base would probably support the mandate. I didn't see much liberal outrage about it.

I still can't believe we have this many dummies ITT that honestly can't see what is happening.

This is about SETTING THE PRECEDENT. This is about setting the precedent that we can force HALF THE COUNTRY to engage in behavior that they don't want to, for the 'greater good'.

This is a test run. Everything with the left is. If this works, if they can force half the country to get a shot that they are opposed to taking due to religious, medical or nunyadamnbusiness reasons, then they have SET THE PRECEDENT to take everyone's guns.

We have a few posters here claiming mastery of medicine and stats and whatever. They need to wake up and achieve some mastery of COMMON SENSE.

The people pushing vaccines are evil. The people cheerleading them as they do are complicit in their evil plans.

I see you and Numero Cincuenta still got the pom poms for each other. So that’s good I suppose. 😂

"Just because the data set isn't perfect doesn't mean you discount the findings' is akin to 'just because my guy cheated doesn't mean he didn't win'.

Insane how we are seeing people compromise on their morals and ethics in real time, to help the government conduct real evil.

As for disagreeing with the findings…i simply stated the study is hot garbage. It just is. Way too many holes. If you hold that study up to your scientific standards than I would question anything else you post from here out. I just gave one example above, there are many.

Lastly, scientific studies are susceptible to much of the same chicanery as fake news. Influenced by dollars, and power, and yes….their information to back an agenda, is spread by those very same bots.
The fact that the shot cheerleaders are now fluffing 'studies' showing that WE are the ones believing misinformation is VERY telling.

• Haha

Suit yourself.

I understand what you're arguing, and I agree with all of that. It's just not a topic that I am interested in discussing in this space. Just trying to keep my input on vaccine as it relates to Covid outcomes.

This is not entirely true. There is research being done on IVM Chaccour et al. (2020) and López-Medina et al. (2021) are two that I recently reviewed and I might have shared them on this thread. But even if we say that everything in your post is true, that is still separate and apart from the key point, and that is that the vaccines are beneficial overall. If politicians and others are messing things up, that sucks (when do they not do that?) but it is an overlapping but still different issue. If we focus solely on the vaccine itself, then we can understand the relative pro's and con's better.
If we really want to save lives and end the pandemic, we'd pull out all the stops and not just focus on the most profitable treatments...such a Remdesivir.

So how much have you seen the protocols your hospital is following change in the last 6 months? Does it still call for Remdesivir? Any renal failure with patients treated with it?

I still can't believe we have this many dummies ITT that honestly can't see what is happening.

This is about SETTING THE PRECEDENT. This is about setting the precedent that we can force HALF THE COUNTRY to engage in behavior that they don't want to, for the 'greater good'.

This is a test run. Everything with the left is. If this works, if they can force half the country to get a shot that they are opposed to taking due to religious, medical or nunyadamnbusiness reasons, then they have SET THE PRECEDENT to take everyone's guns.

We have a few posters here claiming mastery of medicine and stats and whatever. They need to wake up and achieve some mastery of COMMON SENSE.

The people pushing vaccines are evil. The people cheerleading them as they do are complicit in their evil plans.
If the vaccines were the answer - if they stopped Covid dead in its tracks and were 100% safe for everybody - would they need to mandate them?

Again, I took the shot. I'm not necessarily against the use of these vaccines, especially in certain populations. But that doesn't change the point above.

If we really want to save lives and end the pandemic, we'd pull out all the stops and not just focus on the most profitable treatments...such a Remdesivir.

So how much have you seen the protocols your hospital is following change in the last 6 months? Does it still call for Remdesivir? Any renal failure with patients treated with it?
Agree, we should be doing everything possible. There is a pretty good amount of research in the literature regarding Remdesivir.
Here is one I have saved, but I haven't reviewed it yet but you might want to check it out:
I don't work in a hospital. I'm not a medical doctor, I'm a researcher and data scientist.

Yeah but what if we find out ivermectin actually makes people worse? That’s one of the possible null hypothesis

Reactions: SORT14
Ghost town. Literally.
Well again it’s not really worth responding to. It’s another tweet making an accusation without any proof but it doesn’t matter if we point that out you guys are going to believe it and, to be frank, both @SORT14 And I have been pretty busy today I would gather. But I’ll be home soon and I’ll be happy to post a bunch of stuff if it’ll make you guys feel better :)
It’s cute that you missed us.

I can start by pointing out that I filled out to death certificates today. One was directly Covid and the other one was cardiac arrest in a recovering post Covid/long Covid patient.

And I have never falsified a death certificate nor will I ever. And nobody’s ever asked me to. But I haven’t worked in Missouri and a number of years so who knows.

Ghost town. Literally.

Dr Faulty's Billionaire Pharmaceutical Chinese Kung Flu Vaccine? FVCK NO!

HCQ Coacktain and/or Ivermectin? Yepper

If it walks like a duck, and it spews drivel and mis-information like a duck, then you can be pretty sure that it's a 1776 QUACK....

BREAKING NEWS:

Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Treatments Available Now​

Monoclonal Antibody Treatments (MAB) for COVID-19 can prevent severe illness, hospitalization and death among high-risk individuals. This treatment is available widely in Florida.

Individuals 12 years and older who are high-risk, that have contracted or been exposed to COVID-19, are eligible for this treatment. Treatment is free and vaccination status does not matter. Learn more here.

HOSPITAL 1

Today’s Census: 481
Available Non-COVID Med/Surg Beds: 59
Available ICUs: 2

COVID Unit Census: 97
COVID Unit beds available: 10
Confirmed COVID positive inpatients – 97 (86% Unvaccinated)
Covid Vents in use: 24 (96% Unvaccinated)

Total vents in use: 47
Vents available: 36

ED Visits: 87
Saraland FED: 79

Reactions: SORT14
Before I lay my head down tonight I leave you with this to consider…..

Numero Cincuenta.

Be careful who you get advice from.

If you get cancer, you want Mayo Clinic, MD anderson etc….

Or Dollar General?

Last edited:
Before I lay my head down tonight I leave you with this to consider…..

Numero Cincuenta.

Be careful who you get advice from.

If you get cancer, you want Mayo Clinic, MD anderson etc….

Or Dollar General?
You forgot a third option;
Or C: A lawyer, a project manager, and whatever @jfegaly is with their degrees from…..

7783365118_ceac1b72a7_b.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT