ADVERTISEMENT

Football Miami @ Florida...

There is no emotion in his voice or his body language at all, there’s no fight or anger, he does not care about our Florida Gator football team, bring someone else with a fiery attitude like Steve Spurrier had.

Maybe you haven't noticed TT, but his pay stays the same,,, win or lose,,, so what's there to get all excited about????

And even if they fire him, his pay stays the same,,,, just like the last 3-4 coaches they had to fire....

Transfer portal for coaches???

Put in the next HC's contract that back to back losing seasons is cause for firing with no compensation???

Grasping at this point.....

Last edited:
What excuses? Who TF is responsible for hiring him or allowing ACC refs on our turf again? Hmmm?

Billy is trash. Stricklin hired him, but he has refused to address the fact he calls plays like a middle school coach. We have a stubborn, toxic, POS coach and he refuses to change. Sure, Stricklin hired him but he is a POS and won’t change. No AD, NIL or anything else is going to make him a winning coach.

As long as Billy is here we are a sub-.500 team, as he has demonstrated

Reactions: instaGATOR
Refs, AD, quit the excuses. Billy showed nothing is changing, he will continue SunBelt play calling no matter how bad it gets. Why people excuse this clown is mind-blowing
He needs to go and we need to play The freshman at quarterback. It's very clear that he can bring a dynamic to our team that Meetz just cannot. I'm not saying that we're going to win every game if we play. DJ but we will be a better team. God I'm so tired of sucking ass like this.

Reactions: instaGATOR
He needs to go and we need to play The freshman at quarterback. It's very clear that he can bring a dynamic to our team that Meetz just cannot. I'm not saying that we're going to win every game if we play. DJ but we will be a better team. God I'm so tired of sucking ass like this.
I saw/knew this a year ago and most everyone should be able to see it by now, before Mertz breaks 100 for his career sacks.....

And now, he can't even make the usual dink & dunk throws......

At least let Lagway get the Sanford reps and if the offense is just as bad against A&M let Lagway play against Miss State and see what he looks like.

Samford lost to West Georgia 38-29 tonight.

He needs all the reps he can get so if he has to go back in. A&M looks bad on offense but still has a decent defense it looks like. Might want to change things up if we lose the A&M game at home.

"Gator fans are all about firing Napier today. Napier is in over his head for sure. But if you think coaching is the only problem at the University of florida, you don't understand what's really going on there. UF isn't competitive in nil. UF limits itself in the transfer portal. And in a related issue to the transfer portal, the admissions department hamstrings the football program as well. Some of y'all need to understand that no single coach is going to fix all that, and if the university isn't willing to address all of that, then UF is not the uf you grew up with. You need to think more like we are Mississippi State or South Carolina."

--BONG

It's time to fire Napier after the 3rd-4th game and bring Urban as an immediate interim HC. I doubt he wants to be remembered for his tenure as the Jags coach.
You’re not wrong, but the way this should go is to fire Stricklin first. If I were a Gator fan no way would I want Stricklin hiring Napier’s replacement.

"Gator fans are all about firing Napier today. Napier is in over his head for sure. But if you think coaching is the only problem at the University of florida, you don't understand what's really going on there. UF isn't competitive in nil. UF limits itself in the transfer portal. And in a related issue to the transfer portal, the admissions department hamstrings the football program as well. Some of y'all need to understand that no single coach is going to fix all that, and if the university isn't willing to address all of that, then UF is not the uf you grew up with. You need to think more like we are Mississippi State or South Carolina."

--BONG
BONG speaks the truth.

--BONG
The ultimate blame falls on our Athletics Director Scott Stricklin. He hired Napier and gave him a 7 year contract with a ridiculous buyout. He has alllowed UF to fall way behind other big time schools in the NIL mess. He's made several other hiring blunders and is bringing our athletic depart slowly down to the level of his former Mississippi State. The high admissions standards are nothing new and didn't affect Spurrier and Meyer much. I understand what you're saying about Napier not being the ONLY problem, but he's the major problem, IMO, and when the AD hitched his wagon to him when he made the stupid hire, they both should be shown the door ASAP.

Reactions: bradleygator
The ultimate blame falls on our Athletics Director Scott Stricklin. He hired Napier and gave him a 7 year contract with a ridiculous buyout. He has alllowed UF to fall way behind other big time schools in the NIL mess. He's made several other hiring blunders and is bringing our athletic depart slowly down to the level of his former Mississippi State. The high admissions standards are nothing new and didn't affect Spurrier and Meyer much. I understand what you're saying about Napier not being the ONLY problem, but he's the major problem, IMO, and when the AD hitched his wagon to him when he made the stupid hire, they both should be shown the door ASAP.

I just hope we have the big boosters ready to compete some because in this new bloodbath SEC with TX and OK added you will have no chance long term without that. We know there are at least 8 teams with pretty motivated boosters - GA, Bama, TX, LSU, TN, Auburn, A&M and OK. I think Ole Miss and Mizzu situations will be rare occurrences after this season.

Reactions: ocalaman
I mean we raise money for every other fool thing. The money’s obviously there. They like raising it for slush funds to hand out to juiced in contractors instead of the players.

We’re just a very very sick program. Meaningful change would have to start from the very top. No way should Stricklin pick the next football coach, but will they actually pull the trigger on Stricklin? I have my doubts.

We’re just a very very sick program. Meaningful change would have to start from the very top. No way should Stricklin pick the next football coach, but will they actually pull the trigger on Stricklin? I have my doubts.

I think unless things change some where they can try and sell a little hope Napier gets fired but because we have the president situation the AD survives.

• Angry
Reactions: gatordad3
That is an eye opener. Something has to give and we cannot continue down this path. I am in the school that does not want the AD to pick our next coach. Strickland should be asked to take a seat when a new coach is hired.

I would put the hiring in the hands of a 3 man committee. Spurrier and Tebow would be 2 of the 3 and they can pick the 3rd. We must get a coach who can handle NIL and the transfer portal because that is the world of college football today.

I am discourage this morning and I am probably not alone in Gator Nation. Florida has too much to offer than to sink to an also ran in the SEC.

I feel strongly the crowd will be the difference in the game. I look for our Gators to pull it out and I believe Miami will make a few crucial errors. A fumble an interception a penalty, something to shake them up.

This will be my grandson's first game as a spectator in the Swamp and he has assured me it will be wild and crazy. So no picnic for the Canes.
Boy was I wrong. I was picking with my heart and soul and not realism. We are living in Realville now and the reality is our program is sick.

I think unless things change some where they can try and sell a little hope Napier gets fired but because we have the president situation the AD survives.

From the little I have seen, it doesn’t seem like the timing to fire the AD is going to work. However, I believe Billy is done and the major donors are going to be “suggesting” hires to the AD.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Reactions: bradleygator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT