ADVERTISEMENT

Football Miami @ Florida...

So UF needs a new President, a new AD, and a new HBC, that's just great. Just blow it all up and startover from the ashes. Simultaneously, get a new Prez, AD, and HBC all hired by heavily invested true UF people and therefore the Prez won't affect the AD hiring and the AD won't affect the HBC hiring. No more outsiders' crap, the real deal true Gators need to internally takeover and rebuild all positions from the ground up and the top down.

So UF needs a new President, a new AD, and a new HBC, that's just great. Just blow it all up and startover from the ashes. Simultaneously, get a new Prez, AD, and HBC all hired by heavily invested true UF people and therefore the Prez won't affect the AD hiring and the AD won't affect the HBC hiring. No more outsiders' crap, the real deal true Gators need to internally takeover and rebuild all positions from the ground up and the top down.

The problem is they look like they will take their sweet time on getting a new President so the current AD will be in charge of the football hire probably. We need some of those big boosters to wield their power so we don't get another Napier hired. I guess there is a really small chance Napier somehow survives but I could only see that happening if Lagway took over and looked promising. They might even let him get away with 5-7 in that scenario.

UF had two marvelous decades of football success in the 1990's and the 2000's.
7 SEC-Cs and 3 NC's in those 2 combined decades.

Now it's been a decade and a half of mediocre up and down results, leading to 3 consecutive losing seasons and now apparently going on the 4th.

It's been a current 6 game losing streak with D-2 Samford up next as a hope for that ugly streak to finally end.
So just relax everyone, it's apparently UF's era to be in the barrel.....
Bama went through it, UGly went through it. LSU went through it.
What goes around, comes around.....

Give it another 5-6 years and UF's football's turn will eventually come around again.
Until then, they are a Baseball and Softball school.
A Men's and Women's Track & Field school.
A Men's and Women's Basketball School.
A Men's and Womern's Swimming & Diving school.
A Gymnastics, Volleyball, Soccer, and Lacrosse school.

So,,, get over your 'ENTITLED' attitudes and enjoy the other sports for a while longer.
This is the only way for the New & Improved SEC to keep all, or at least most of the different fan bases invested.....

The problem is they look like they will take their sweet time on getting a new President so the current AD will be in charge of the football hire probably. We need some of those big boosters to wield their power so we don't get another Napier hired. I guess there is a really small chance Napier somehow survives but I could only see that happening if Lagway took over and looked promising. They might even let him get away with 5-7 in that scenario.
I think Billy ended his support by keeping play calling and yesterday going as it did.

Sounds like the boosters are already on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR

Now it's been a decade and a half of mediocre up and down results, leading to 3 consecutive losing seasons and now apparently going on the 4th.

It's been a current 6 game losing streak with D-2 Samford up next as a hope for that ugly streak to finally end.

Give it another 5-6 years and UF's football's turn will eventually come around again.

So,,, get over your 'ENTITLED' attitudes and enjoy the other sports for a while longer.
This is the only way for the New & Improved SEC to keep all, or at least most of the different fan bases invested.....
Golden was a golden hiring as basketball is on the up and up. With our roster and Golden's intellect, we are going to be real good this season.

Reactions: instaGATOR

You know its been 67, 61 and 30 years since Bama, Georgia or LSU have had 3 straight losing seasons and we just did that right?

It was 1945 to 1947 the last time we had 3 straight losing seasons prior to this (Coach Tom Lieb 20-26-1 fired after 1945 and Coach Raymond Wolf 13-24-2 fired after 1949).

• Angry
Reactions: gatordad3
As to the here and now in football, concentrate on the HS recruits that have chosen to tie their future to UF football, while slacking off as much as possible with the portal xfer-in's..... Recruit, develop, and play them first whenever possible.

As always, JMOHO's on what is, and what might be....

Charlotte redshirt sophomore QB-dt Max Brown has been a star in Charlotte's training camp, earning praise from players and coaches alike. The 6'3", 220-pound native of Tulsa, Okla., brings a dynamic element to Charlotte's offense that the 49ers have lacked in previous quarterback rooms. His leadership and composure through the transition have been a strong driving force in shaping (2023 3-9) Charlotte's plan to succeed for this upcoming season. -- Brown will have a long 'team' row to hoe in 2024.

https://www.ninertimes.com/sports/t...cle_af0a59cc-61a0-11ef-865b-b7752e0a06ef.html

==========

Instead we got the 'Sack King' of college football from Wis to fill the starting 'dink & dunk' QB position.
They spent the entire offseason getting 5-7 Mertz ready,,, to suck and lose yet again.
Instead of spending the time on the incoming #1 QB-dt in the nation coming out of HS.
The only sustained drive for a TD in the scUM game was accomplished by Lagway.
The Gator D's Int game Mertz the ball early in great field position and he stalled, leaving it up to a 3 Pt Smack 41 Yd FG. The only TD with Mertz at QB was a handoff to a 71 yard MJ run.

JMOHO, but the Mertz bandwagon's wheels are now completely off and rolling away down Museum Road.... Time to move on with the QB-dt that better fits the current roster personal on offense.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
As to the here and now in football, concentrate on the HS recruits that have chosen to tie their future to UF football, while slacking off as much as possible with the portal xfer-in's..... Recruit, develop, and play them first whenever possible.

Charlotte redshirt sophomore QB-dt Max Brown has been a star in Charlotte's training camp, earning praise from players and coaches alike. The 6'3", 220-pound native of Tulsa, Okla., brings a dynamic element to Charlotte's offense that the 49ers have lacked in previous quarterback rooms. His leadership and composure through the transition have been a strong driving force in shaping (2023 3-9) Charlotte's plan to succeed for this upcoming season. -- Brown will have a long 'team' row to hoe in 2024.

https://www.ninertimes.com/sports/t...cle_af0a59cc-61a0-11ef-865b-b7752e0a06ef.html

==========

Instead we got the 'Sack King' of college football from Wis to fill the starting 'dink & dunk' QB position.
They spent the entire offseason getting 5-7 Mertz ready,,, to suck and lose yet again.
Instead of spending the time on the incoming #1 QB-dt in the nation coming out of HS.
The only sustained drive for a TD in the scUM game was accomplished by
The Gator D's Int game Mertz the ball early in great field position and he stalled, leaving it up to a 3 Pt Smack 41 Yd FG. The only TD with Mertz at QB was a handoff to a 71 yard MJ run.

JMOHO, but the Mertz bandwagon's wheels are now completely off and rolling away down Museum Road.... Time to move on with the QB-dt that better fits the current roster personal on offense.
Brown was awesome against FSU!! Look forward to you posting Brown stats for a game or two until reality sinks in.

Our defensive line was absolutely awful and our Oline looks like they are same or even worse than last year. Who the hell runs a 3 man defensive front with a 440lb dude that can't move off the line of scrimmage? And as bad as Miami DBs are, our receivers were not able to get any kind of separation. To me that screams technique, coaching and play design. After the first play when 3 Miami D lineman were in the backfield I knew it was going to be a long day...only time we laid a finger on Miami QB was after the play was over. Dude's jersey didn't even get dirty until the 11 min mark of 4th Q. Lagway looks athletic and dynamic, but he also looked a little lost and that was in garbage time when miami was just running a base D at that point.

• Sad
Reactions: sadgator

==========

Brown has a ways to go I think he had a bad opening game at Charlotte. I do think Lagway may be the real deal though if we can keep him. You just have to get the right portal guys. FSU defense dominated last year doing that and Miami destroyed us with one of the highest rated transfer Portal QBs. Miami also added 2 top DEs in the portal and they both were chasing our QB all day. Howard and Badger I guess did alright considering the circumstances.

Brown has a ways to go I think he had a bad opening game at Charlotte. I do think Lagway may be the real deal though if we can keep him. You just have to get the right portal guys. FSU defense dominated last year doing that and Miami destroyed us with one of the highest rated transfer Portal QBs. Miami also added 2 top DEs in the portal and they both were chasing our QB all day. Howard and Badger I guess did alright considering the circumstances.
Charlotte scored 7 points against James Madison, the college not the former president. Brown threw for 193 but 80 of that was two plays. Good kid and I wish him well, but he's not the answer. Lagway is way better than Brown, but Lagway is currently getting coached by Napier...

Charlotte scored 7 points against James Madison, the college not the former president. Brown threw for 193 but 80 of that was two plays. Good kid and I wish him well, but he's not the answer. Lagway is way better than Brown, but Lagway is currently getting coached by Napier...

I wish there was a way to keep Lagway without Napier recovering and somehow keeping his job but that will be tough with these kids thinking about the NFL. This will be one interesting situation going forward though. It sounds like our big money guy said he would be a little more likely to be accepting of someone like Kiffin than he was before after seeing that mess on the field again. I think getting Kiffin might be a pipe dream now but hopefully we are open to hiring a coach we know that can win in power 5 already.

I wish there was a way to keep Lagway without Napier recovering and somehow keeping his job but that will be tough with these kids thinking about the NFL. This will be one interesting situation going forward though. It sounds like our big money guy said he would be a little more likely to be accepting of someone like Kiffin than he was before after seeing that mess on the field again. I think getting Kiffin might be a pipe dream now but hopefully we are open to hiring a coach we know that can win in power 5 already.
Pretty simple in my mind, make Lagway the starter. Even when nappy gets fired, and he will get fired, maybe lagway will stay knowing that he's the incumbent starter.

Pretty simple in my mind, make Lagway the starter. Even when nappy gets fired, and he will get fired, maybe lagway will stay knowing that he's the incumbent starter.

Yep that would at least make him ready to sit down with the new coach and consider it.

I would think some potential hires, like Lane, would have a chance of keeping him.

I would think some potential hires, like Lane, would have a chance of keeping him.

I think we would have had to have gotten Kiffin when we got Napier. You don't think that ship has sailed? It doesn't matter if he has a bad season at Ole Miss. I guess a beat down by GA or in the playoffs could change his mind possibly.

Yep. James Madison beat Charlotte 30-7. Brown was 22-45 for 193 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks, 2 sacks and longest completion of 26 yards. 6 runs for 12 net yards. Lots of dinking and dunking and yet completing less than 50% of his passes. So the pre-season hype in his favor was a pipedream, just like it's been for the 2024 edition of the Gators. Those who actually think Brown was better than Mertz are delusional idiots. Florida's problems were not and are not now mainly the QB. It's the weak line play and the poor coaching. Good luck to Max Brown. He's at least getting a chance to play at Charlotte, but he was never going to be the starter at Florida or any SEC school.

Last edited:
Fisch or Kiffin, I can't think of anyone else besides those two that fit our style and culture.

Yep. James Madison beat Charlotte 30-7. Brown was 22-45 for 193 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks, 2 sacks and longest completion of 26 yards. 6 runs for 12 net yards. Lots of dinking and dunking and yet completing less than 50% of his passes. So the pre-season hype in his favor was a pipedream, just like it's been for the 2024 edition of the Gators. Those who actually think Brown was better than Mertz are delusional idiots. Florida's problems were not and are no now mainly the QB. It's the weak line play and the poor coaching. Good luck to Max Brown. He's at least getting a chance to play at Charlotte, but he was never going to be the starter at Florida or any SEC school.
Good point Ocala. I'm surprised at how poorly the Oline played once again. We all knew the Dline was going to be a problem, but I really thought the Oline would turn it around. Ward had sooo much time back there, and nearly every miami running play they pushed the pile forward for an extra 2-3 yards. We've got way way bigger issues than QB.

I think we would have had to have gotten Kiffin when we got Napier. You don't think that ship has sailed? It doesn't matter if he has a bad season at Ole Miss. I guess a beat down by GA or in the playoffs could change his mind possibly.

Yes, we should have hired him then. My opinion, as good as Ole Piss will be this year, I think UF offers a more sustainable place to win. He pulled this current team off with almost an entire D out of the portal. Just a guess though

Reactions: Gator Fever
"Gator fans are all about firing Napier today. Napier is in over his head for sure. But if you think coaching is the only problem at the University of florida, you don't understand what's really going on there. UF isn't competitive in nil. UF limits itself in the transfer portal. And in a related issue to the transfer portal, the admissions department hamstrings the football program as well. Some of y'all need to understand that no single coach is going to fix all that, and if the university isn't willing to address all of that, then UF is not the uf you grew up with. You need to think more like we are Mississippi State or South Carolina."

--BONG
The Oracle has spoken. 😂 UM has a known past for buying players, but they went into the tank for two decades after Shapiro went to the pokey for a ponzi scheme conviction. I see that they are now back with a vengeance and money spigot is flowing again.

I don't know how many years you got left but I'm all for instant gratification these days. 😂This building from the ground up ain't working so well. :mad:

Reactions: Countygator1
The Oracle has spoken. 😂 UM has a known past for buying players, but they went into the tank for two decades after Shapiro went to the pokey for a ponzi scheme conviction. I see that they are now back with a vengeance and money spigot is flowing again.

And the big guy now for UM is having issues with some businesses so it may start drying up a little.

My daughter is a freshman at Ole Miss so I need the Lane Train to stay there at least 4 years. Hotty Toddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

==========

I like how you follow up a post, telling everybody to get over it and stop being entitled, immediately with a post calling a college kids a bunch of names.

I got news for you. We got bigger problems than Max Brown.

My daughter is a freshman at Ole Miss so I need the Lane Train to stay there at least 4 years. Hotty Toddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He might fall off pretty good next year with their departures. If he doesn't he has got his Ole Miss plan down pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT