ADVERTISEMENT

Football Miami @ Florida...

I'm excited about seeing whether or not our football team has truly improved and while 1 game won't tell the whole story, we should get an indictaion of what kind of team Billy Napier is going to put on the field this year and whether or not we'll have the same type of goofy mistakes that killed us the last 2 years.
With that said, I'm actually MORE excited about tonight's season-opening volleyball match @ Colorado State. Mary Wise takes another solid team on the road for 3 matches in 3 days against 3 different teams in the state of Colorado. Tonight's match is being televised at 8 pm on the Mountain West Network, whose app I have downloaded to my Roku box. Pre-season #11, #2 in the SEC behind Texas, with several key players battling injuries, quality freshmen on the team with some experienced transfers and excellent returning beterans. Can't wait to watch these athletes in action. Gooo Gators!!

Beat Miami…

9_DSC_4609.JPG

Cam McCormick is believed to have set a college football record for years of eligibility. He’s 26 years old and is a ninth-year senior. You read that correctly. The tight end, originally from Oregon, spent his first seven seasons with the Ducks before transferring to Miami.

Get this: McCormick was in the same signing class (2016) as former Michigan defensive lineman Rashan Gary, who begins his sixth season in the NFL this year.

Wondering how he’s still competing in college? It is mostly rooted in receiving extra years of eligibility for injuries and the COVID season, of course. McCormick redshirted as a freshman in 2016; played in all 13 games in 2017; missed most of 2018 after an injury in the season opener; missed all of 2019 and 2020 with injuries; played in two games in 2021 before suffering another season-ending injury; played a full season in 2022 in Eugene; and started 11 games last year at Miami.

This reminds us of something: This is the final year of players using their COVID redshirt season, when the NCAA granted each athlete an extra year of eligibility for the impacted 2020-21 COVID year. Most of those sixth and even seventh-year seniors will be out of eligibility next year.
WTF?

• Wow
Reactions: sadgator
Cam McCormick is believed to have set a college football record for years of eligibility. He’s 26 years old and is a ninth-year senior. You read that correctly. The tight end, originally from Oregon, spent his first seven seasons with the Ducks before transferring to Miami.

Get this: McCormick was in the same signing class (2016) as former Michigan defensive lineman Rashan Gary, who begins his sixth season in the NFL this year.

Wondering how he’s still competing in college? It is mostly rooted in receiving extra years of eligibility for injuries and the COVID season, of course. McCormick redshirted as a freshman in 2016; played in all 13 games in 2017; missed most of 2018 after an injury in the season opener; missed all of 2019 and 2020 with injuries; played in two games in 2021 before suffering another season-ending injury; played a full season in 2022 in Eugene; and started 11 games last year at Miami.

This reminds us of something: This is the final year of players using their COVID redshirt season, when the NCAA granted each athlete an extra year of eligibility for the impacted 2020-21 COVID year. Most of those sixth and even seventh-year seniors will be out of eligibility next year.
WTF?

That is insane. The guy could be finishing up medical school with that many years.

Reactions: sadgator
The time for this team to show what they have is almost here. Like previously said I am really glad this is a home game as I wouldn't like our chances that much on a neutral field.

We need the Swamp to do its job and hope this being the first game that the new QB at Miami is out of sync with his receivers. I think UF is definitely improved from last season but don't think we have as much NFL talent as Miami does. Hopefully Napier has figured out some weakness to exploit. Miami is a little light at DT so maybe we can pound them some. We better get the ball out fast on passing plays.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
It’s just funny how so many of the National media pundits are so hyping up Miami’s “playoff” chances and how “improved” they are, and yet almost none of them are really even considering the fact that this game is in Gainesville…

Katie George was absolutely gushing about Cam Ward yesterday on College Sports Today and how Miami is team on her playoff list. She’ll be on the sideline. Not one mention of anything about any difficulty he/they will face, just how great and strong Miami is.

It’s interesting how everybody (including Katie) will likely say after the game how loud it was or how much of an impact it had, but leading in, everyone seems to just forget that like it’s not really much of a thing…

How many times have we seen it?

It’s like…sure, Florida Field, no big deal…OooKaaaaay…

icegif-4587.gif
The National media is investing heavily in the ACC as a whole. They fear the inevitable outcome that the “new” SEC and B10 have rendered the remainder of CFB irrelevant.

Almost everyone on SEC nation picked The Mighty Gators. Even Finebaum. I’m hoping they are right. They also had all three Florida Heisman winners on talking football. When asked what Florida needed to do to get back to the glory days, Spurrier pointed to the need for high expectations.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I'm excited about seeing whether or not our football team has truly improved and while 1 game won't tell the whole story, we should get an indictaion of what kind of team Billy Napier is going to put on the field this year and whether or not we'll have the same type of goofy mistakes that killed us the last 2 years.
With that said, I'm actually MORE excited about tonight's season-opening volleyball match @ Colorado State. Mary Wise takes another solid team on the road for 3 matches in 3 days against 3 different teams in the state of Colorado. Tonight's match is being televised at 8 pm on the Mountain West Network, whose app I have downloaded to my Roku box. Pre-season #11, #2 in the SEC behind Texas, with several key players battling injuries, quality freshmen on the team with some experienced transfers and excellent returning beterans. Can't wait to watch these athletes in action. Gooo Gators!!
Well you got your answer early. :mad:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. I know it's early in the game, but the team looks pretty much like last year so far. Getting whipped in the trenches, poor play calling and lack of defensive discipline.

Man we needed that. Who in the hell agreed to ACC ref crew? After they openly cheated Gators in the swindle I thought we had that solved?

• Angry
Reactions: instaGATOR
Man we needed that. Who in the hell agreed to ACC ref crew? After they openly cheated Gators in the swindle I thought we had that solved?
It was for years. For whatever dumb reason, they ended that. Never forget! :mad: You can thank Scott Strickland for rescinding the ban.:mad:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT