ADVERTISEMENT

Hey sheep, what's this about the Hiden family trying to destroy Nigeria's economy?

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012

"And secret records show that Cooper and Archer were in direct contact with President Joe Biden, 80, and his scandal-hit son Hunter, 53, after they became embroiled in the case.

Currently being fought in the UK, the extraordinary legal battle has pitted an engineering firm registered in the British Virgin Islands against the government of Nigeria.

Process & Industrial Development (P&ID) is seeking a massive multibillion-dollar payout from the African nation over a failed January 2010 gas supply and processing deal.

A London arbitration tribunal in January 2017 found in P&ID’s favor and ordered Nigeria to pay $6.6billion, which has now ballooned to $11billion with interest, but the country refused to do so and challenged the decision.

The breach of contract case went to trial at London’s High Court earlier this year, and a judgment is expected in the coming weeks or months.

If P&ID is awarded the full amount, it would force Nigeria - Africa’s most populous nation and the sixth in the world - to hand over what is thought to be the equivalent of almost one-third of its total foreign currency reserves.

Furious Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari described the case as a “scam” in a speech at the United Nations in 2019."

@sadgator why is Hiden trying to destroy the economy of Africa's most populous nation? Have you figured out who the real villains are yet?

• Wow
Reactions: NavigatorII
Weird. Scratching my head over why a British court has any authority to order a foreign nation to do anything????

Let it burn

Recent attacks on Christians

The International Christian Concern, in a report on 15 May 2022, described Nigeria as the world’s scariest country in which to be a Christian.

The report argued that:

"Christian communities in the Middle Belt of Nigeria have effectively suffered a twenty-year long genocide."

Weird. Scratching my head over why a British court has any authority to order a foreign nation to do anything????
The firm suing is registered in the British Virgin Islands, so they chose a venue they thought most favorable to them. Also, I would assume the contract, since it was a breach of contract action set British law as the law to follow. It might have even set the venue.

Thoughts on Hiden trying to destroy the lives of 80 million Nigerian Christians? This your guy?

He’s not “my guy” anymore than Stalin was “Churchill’s Guy” during WW2.

I honestly have no idea what this “Hiden Destroying Nigeria’s Economy” stuff is about. But the one thing I am sure of is that this is a wildly hyperbolic description meant to rabble rouse.

I honestly have no idea what this “Hiden Destroying Nigeria’s Economy” stuff is about. But the one thing I am sure of is that this is a wildly hyperbolic description meant to rabble rouse.
Finally a voice of reason on this BS.

"I have no idea what this story is about, I just know my guy didn't do anything wrong."

LOL

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT