ADVERTISEMENT

The Trump economy just prior to Pandemic: Best ratings in almost 20 years and reported by CNN, no less

Orangeclad

Rowdy Reptile
Jul 5, 2001
If the Biden economy is so great, why do his approval ratings on it suck?

CNN Poll: US economy receives its best ranking in nearly 20 years​

By Grace Sparks, CNN
Updated 7:55 AM EST, Fri December 20, 2019

CNN —
As 2019 comes to a close, the US economy earns its highest ratings in almost two decades, potentially boosting President Donald Trump in matchups against the Democrats vying to face him in next year’s election, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS.
Overall, 76% rate economic conditions in the US today as very or somewhat good, significantly more than those who said so at this time last year (67%). This is the highest share to say the economy is good since February 2001, when 80% said so.
Almost all Republicans (97%) say economic conditions are good right now, as do 75% of independents and 62% of Democrats. Positive ratings are up across parties compared with August of this year, when 91% of Republicans, 62% of independents and 47% of Democrats said the economy was in good shape.
Housing market high RESTRICTED

We KNOW this. What the serious question is...are the lefties this stupid...or are they trying to pull the wool over everyone, because they believe everyone else is a dumb as they are? I always wonder what the REAL answer is. Because they keep trying to throw up "more job growth" even though THEY kept people from being able to go back to work. I truly cannot believe they are this GD stupid

If the Biden economy is so great, why do his approval ratings on it suck?

CNN Poll: US economy receives its best ranking in nearly 20 years​

By Grace Sparks, CNN
Updated 7:55 AM EST, Fri December 20, 2019

CNN —
As 2019 comes to a close, the US economy earns its highest ratings in almost two decades, potentially boosting President Donald Trump in matchups against the Democrats vying to face him in next year’s election, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS.
Overall, 76% rate economic conditions in the US today as very or somewhat good, significantly more than those who said so at this time last year (67%). This is the highest share to say the economy is good since February 2001, when 80% said so.
Almost all Republicans (97%) say economic conditions are good right now, as do 75% of independents and 62% of Democrats. Positive ratings are up across parties compared with August of this year, when 91% of Republicans, 62% of independents and 47% of Democrats said the economy was in good shape.
Housing market high RESTRICTED

@BSC911 @kalimgoodman

We KNOW this. What the serious question is...are the lefties this stupid...or are they trying to pull the wool over everyone, because they believe everyone else is a dumb as they are? I always wonder what the REAL answer is. Because they keep trying to throw up "more job growth" even though THEY kept people from being able to go back to work. I truly cannot believe they are this GD stupid
Can't wait to see that type of prosperity again. The best is now that we are removing the corruption that's a drag on the economy, we will be even richer and happier in Trump's 2nd term.

A decade from now we will be pissed if we only see 5% GDP in a year. Trump will average 10% GDP a year in his second term.

Gonna be glorious. USA! USA! USA!

Can't wait to see that type of prosperity again. The best is now that we are removing the corruption that's a drag on the economy, we will be even richer and happier in Trump's 2nd term.

A decade from now we will be pissed if we only see 5% GDP in a year. Trump will average 10% GDP a year in his second term.

Gonna be glorious. USA! USA! USA!

That would indeed be impressive.

Let’s see:

$26.855 trillion * (1 + 0.1)^(4)
$39.328 trillion

And Trump says he deserves 12 years total, to make up for having his election stolen. So, let’s calculate the total GDP after 8 more years of Trumptopia:

$26.855 trillion * (1 + 0.1)^8
$57.564 trillion

Wowee. Trump is going to more than double the US economy during his second term.

I’ll know Trumpers really believe this when they start selling their ButtCoins and start investing in index funds so Trump can double their investment!

Let’s see:

$39.328 trillion

And Trump says he deserves 12 years total, to make up for having his election stolen. So, let’s calculate the total GDP after 8 more years of Trumptopia:

$57.564 trillion

Wowee. Trump is going to more than double the US economy during his second term.

I’ll know Trumpers really believe this when they start selling their ButtCoins and start investing in index funds so Trump can double their investment!
Simple math, son. Unless you care to inform every one of us what is better concerning the economy uder the idiot Brandon. We would LOVE to hear your responses. I am sure the way you all grovel over him, there must be a few pages full of stuff. I will check back in a few hours to check

Reactions: dezyDeco
Simple math, son. Unless you care to inform every one of us what is better concerning the economy uder the idiot Brandon. We would LOVE to hear your responses. I am sure the way you all grovel over him, there must be a few pages full of stuff. I will check back in a few hours to check

Remind me of some of those times when I “groveled” over Biden. Feel free to use the search engine.

Let’s see:

$39.328 trillion

$57.564 trillion

To be fair, much of that 'growth' will come from simply removing the systemic drains that have been in place to dampen the economy for decades. Much of the economy's growth potential has been siphoned off intentionally and re-routed to the elite in power.

What did the Commissioner tell Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight? Everyone that's about to get hit in their wallet will be gunning for you.

Same thing with Trump. The people that are the loudest about stopping him are the ones that will be hurt the most by him taking power.

Remember Rere.....after the smoke clears and your eyes are open, you will be an even bigger Trump cheerleader than I am.

So you decide if the economy is good or bad based on polling?
Never! Consumers are 70% of our economy. Fox Business and a number of other sources tell me consumers are in a record credit card debt and savings is at record lows environment. Not conducive to a good economy. Consumers will get to the "stop spending" point. May existing home sales are down pretty good year over year.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Never! Consumers are 70% of our economy. Fox Business and a number of other sources tell me consumers are in a record credit card debt and savings is at record lows environment. Not conducive to a good economy. Consumers will get to the "stop spending" point. May existing home sales are down pretty good year over year.
What are factors that you use to decide if the economy is good or bad?

What are factors that you use to decide if the economy is good or bad?
At this moment the economy is not all that bad. The sign I mention above is troubling. Consumers currently are spending as mortgages and car loans see rising deliquencies. Some analysts see more bank failures on the horizon.

At this moment the economy is not all that bad. The sign I mention above is troubling. Consumers currently are spending as mortgages and car loans see rising deliquencies. Some analysts see more bank failures on the horizon.
Oh wow. Shocking that you admitted that and @FresnoGator said only partisans think the economy isn't all bad, interesting. Because we all know, there is zero independent or Democrat in your blood.

I agree about the car and housing market. That is what i meant by there is definitely some things Biden can improve upon.

• Haha
Reactions: nail1988
Is that what @FresnoGator said?
Eh, close:
Anyone who simps for this economy has blinders on / a clear partisan agenda ...

This reminds me of dems banging the drum, telling us how great Obama's economy was - and as a small business owner, I can tell you with great certainty, it wasn't, except for partisan apologists.

We have very high gas prices, a war on fossil fuels that can't be won by unreliable alternatives (since nuclear energy is evil), inflation levels not seen in years, a down housing market, interest rates 2-3x those seen under Trump and like with Obama, billions / trillions in investment capital sitting on the sidelines.

This economy is mostly bad. There might be a few bright spots, but it mostly sucks.

You all may scoff / laugh, but the best indicator of the viability of the economy can be gleaned by watching any season of Bravo's Million Dollar Listing with episodes dating back to 2006. The snapshots tell the story.

Homes were dying on the vine during the Obama years and much better in the Trump years leading up to the pandemic bubble, where homes went for insane figures before dying down rapidly. it makes for an interesting viewing lense ...

Last edited:
The strongest point of the current economy is the low unemployment rate. Since conservatives are disproportionately likely to be self-employed or retired, unemployment is less of a concern to them than high interest rates or inflation. If you are a regular working stiff, unemployment hangs over you like the Sword of Damocles until the day you die, or are able to retire.

The strongest point of the current economy is the low unemployment rate. Since conservatives are disproportionately likely to be self-employed or retired, unemployment is less of a concern to them than high interest rates or inflation. If you are a regular working stiff, unemployment hangs over you like the Sword of Damocles until the day you die, or are able to retire.
And this is 100% BS...there is NOTHING "strong:" in this economy. Go back to REAL unemployment numbers and your lie is exposed. Those numbers you and all politicians quote are garbage, and only seem low because they decided to move the goal posts in their calculations. Would you care to explain why almost 70% of people in this Country think the economy SUCKS?

And this is 100% BS...there is NOTHING "strong:" in this economy. Go back to REAL unemployment numbers and your lie is exposed. Those numbers you and all politicians quote are garbage, and only seem low because they decided to move the goal posts in their calculations. Would you care to explain why almost 70% of people in this Country think the economy SUCKS?
Trump posted historically low unemployment numbers and at the same time he raised wages AND reduced inflation down to near 1%. THAT is the trifecta of a strong economy.

Hiden has 1 of the three, the other two are horrible, and shockingly libs think the one stat that's good under Hiden is the only one that matters.

Very troubling when inflation continues to out pace wage growth. When Janet Yellen famously said inflation was "transitory", was she talking more like 6 months to a year or 3 years or more. Inflation has come down from its peak but a lot of middle class and lower economic class people have had to borrow, run up credit card debt and/or dip into savings/retirement funds to survive.

Very troubling when inflation continues to out pace wage growth. When Janet Yellen famously said inflation was "transitory", was she talking more like 6 months to a year or 3 years or more. Inflation has come down from its peak but a lot of middle class and lower economic class people have had to borrow, run up credit card debt and/or dip into savings/retirement funds to survive.
Very worrisome. Again. We see record consumer credit card debt and growing bank loan deliquencies. I tapped my Barclay Bank saving in 2022 and 2023 to eat. I tapped Barclay in 2016 to remodel a master BR shower.

Trump posted historically low unemployment numbers and at the same time he raised wages AND reduced inflation down to near 1%. THAT is the trifecta of a strong economy.

Hiden has 1 of the three, the other two are horrible, and shockingly libs think the one stat that's good under Hiden is the only one that matters.
Apologists hang their hats on whatever they can, context be damned ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT