ADVERTISEMENT

God Bless President Biden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, serious question.

What is wrong with you people?
So help me understand where we got sideways cause it seems there's a big disconnect happening here:

1 - In your Guidelines for the Forum pinned thread above, you include: "4 - Outrageous commentary, inflammatory content and purposely obtuse takes will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be dealt with."

2 - @fatman76 pointed out to you that @BSC911 has admitted that this is his troll thread, and that he's purposely trolling the board. Which seems to violate your policy above.

3 - You responded with: "Is it a troll thread? Probably. Avoid the thread."

4 - When I pointed out all that does is tell @BSC911 that the rules don't apply to him, you replied with "Nope, saying that thread stays and anything subsequent will be dealt with ..."

5 -
@BSC911 then leaves 4 post yesterday and 3 today ITT where he namecalls, insults, trolls and even laughs at the fact that he is playing by his own rules and they don't apply to him.

6 - When the namecalling is pointed out to you, you reply with 'What is wrong with you people?"

Really? Look I don't care about this thread. Of course it's a troll thread, @BSC911 even admits it. @BSC911 is a troll here, and behaves himself on Swamp Talk, as Jason clarified.

In fact, I'm even ok with you treating @BSC911 differently from the rest of the board if that's what you want to do. But if that's the case, at least let the rest of us know that so we can block him. It's unfair to the rest of us if we are being held accountable by rules when the guy we are going back and forth with is not. IF that's the case then at least let us know so we can decide if we want to risk engaging a troll who is above the rules.

All we want is a level playing field. If we can't get that, at least let us know who the rules do and do not apply to. Seems a fair request, but maybe I'm being completely unreasonable., who knows?

So help me understand where we got sideways cause it seems there's a big disconnect happening here:

1 - In your Guidelines for the Forum pinned thread above, you include: "4 - Outrageous commentary, inflammatory content and purposely obtuse takes will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be dealt with."

2 - @fatman76 pointed out to you that @BSC911 has admitted that this is his troll thread, and that he's purposely trolling the board. Which seems to violate your policy above.

4 - When I pointed out all that does is tell @BSC911 that the rules don't apply to him, you replied with "Nope, saying that thread stays and anything subsequent will be dealt with ..."

5 -
@BSC911 then leaves 4 post yesterday and 3 today ITT where he namecalls, insults, trolls and even laughs at the fact that he is playing by his own rules and they don't apply to him.

6 - When the namecalling is pointed out to you, you reply with 'What is wrong with you people?"

Really? Look I don't care about this thread. Of course it's a troll thread, @BSC911 even admits it. @BSC911 is a troll here, and behaves himself on Swamp Talk, as Jason clarified.

In fact, I'm even ok with you treating @BSC911 differently from the rest of the board if that's what you want to do. But if that's the case, at least let the rest of us know that so we can block him. It's unfair to the rest of us if we are being held accountable by rules when the guy we are going back and forth with is not. IF that's the case then at least let us know so we can decide if we want to risk engaging a troll who is above the rules.

All we want is a level playing field. If we can't get that, at least let us know who the rules do and do not apply to. Seems a fair request, but maybe I'm being completely unreasonable., who knows?
Nailed it. Sorry @nail1988

I thought you had me on ignore? Another day, another lie, nothing new.

Tap tap
Well, there is this thing called “show ignored content.”. I know, it’s probably over your head.

Its always good to check out which Of my fan boys are triggered by the GOAT. Welcome to the club.

Last edited:

5 -

Wow. Someone is taking this board way too seriously.

If this upsets you so much, please find somewhere else to spend your time. I’m seriously concerned for your mental health.

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz
Well, there is this thing called “show ignored content.”. I know, it’s probably over your head.

Its always good to check out which Of my fan boys are triggered by the GOAT. Welcome to the club.

So...not actually ignoring him then? Like he said.

Reactions: jfegaly
Your mad becau
You're mad because of our factual statements? Alrighty then.
Our? What are you, team Ghost?

Yes, you can have someone on ignore and still read some of their posts. You're mad because these dudes are embarrassing themselves trying desperately to get the GOAT shut down..

It's fun to go to the YMCA.

Last edited:
Your mad becau

Yes, you can have someone on ignore and still read some of their posts. You're mad because these dudes are embarrassing themselves trying desperately to get the GOAT shut down..
Damn. Still got time to make another edit. Deep breathes. We know your lunchtime internet access is limited, but gooooo sllloooooowwww....

Your mad becau

LOL All I had to do was bold the top and now you won't remove it.

You're so easy to manipulate, it's scary.

Great, keep pushing ...
I mean I asked you to clarify your position and you refused. @fatman76 pointed out that @BSC911 freely admits this is a troll thread and that he's purposely attempting to antagonize other posters. Which seems to violate the rules YOU set out.

I asked you to clarify why I was wrong in that thinking. You didn't say anything. And @BSC911 continued to namecall and troll and call other posters liars, etc etc.

Tell you what, if you think this makes you look good as a moderator, let me know and I'll happily apologize to you.

Reactions: jfegaly
I mean I asked you to clarify your position and you refused. @fatman76 pointed out that @BSC911 freely admits this is a troll thread and that he's purposely attempting to antagonize other posters. Which seems to violate the rules YOU set out.

I asked you to clarify why I was wrong in that thinking. You didn't say anything. And @BSC911 continued to namecall and troll and call other posters liars, etc etc.

Tell you what, if you think this makes you look good as a moderator, let me know and I'll happily apologize to you.
Funny, mod at SScoop is fighting it too. I don't post much there, mainly read the pinned threads for team/recruiting info and bail so I don't know how bad it's become...but it's a systemic issue...

I do think the definition below is a good one.

[IMG alt="Josh_M"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/oklahoma/data/avatars/m/0/502.jpg?1492191477[/IMG]

Josh_M

SoonerScoop.com Hall of Fame Poster​

Staff
Guys, we've cleaned out some of the trolling and etc. that I think was fair to have an issue with and many of you had voiced opinions on.

That said, I'm now getting people who are claiming 'trolls' or whatever for people who seem to just disagree with what someone else said.

Trolling:

A) Bombarding people with the same messaging over and over again.

B) Saying clearly insane things for reaction.

C) Trying to wind people up, whether it's one poster or the entire group.

A guy who just happens to disagree with you isn't a troll. Take a step back, realize you all want the same things - OU to be good, etc. It doesn't make anyone ill-intended if they don't see things like you do. It just means they disagree and that really will be ok.

PLEASE continue to send us reports and we'll look at it but try and consider 'is this person doing anything truly incendiary or do I just not like what they have to say?'

Also, I'll continue to repeat if a poster is taking way your joy of the board, ignore is an incredibly easy way to take that power away from them.

Funny, mod at SScoop is fighting it too. I don't post much there, mainly read the pinned threads for team/recruiting info and bail so I don't know how bad it's become...but it's a systemic issue...

[IMG alt="Josh_M"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/oklahoma/data/avatars/m/0/502.jpg?1492191477[/IMG]

Josh_M

Staff
Guys, we've cleaned out some of the trolling and etc. that I think was fair to have an issue with and many of you had voiced opinions on.

That said, I'm now getting people who are claiming 'trolls' or whatever for people who seem to just disagree with what someone else said.

Trolling:

A guy who just happens to disagree with you isn't a troll. Take a step back, realize you all want the same things - OU to be good, etc. It doesn't make anyone ill-intended if they don't see things like you do. It just means they disagree and that really will be ok.

PLEASE continue to send us reports and we'll look at it but try and consider 'is this person doing anything truly incendiary or do I just not like what they have to say?'

Also, I'll continue to repeat if a poster is taking way your joy of the board, ignore is an incredibly easy way to take that power away from them.
Agree man. The one that isn’t a gray area? Namecalling. Pretty straightforward.

LOL. Some people just don’t know when to give up. I’m pretty sure non paying members harassing a mod is a bad idea.

Its because of him prices are way up despite tapping the strategic reserve and the reason there won't be any refining capacity upgrades but his flunkies write this stuff.
Biden (and his blind minions) are village idiots. Every oil and gas "true experts" has exposed these fools for the morons that they are. Campaign promises made, campaign promises kept. :mad: Only the truly ignorant fools buy into Biden's crap. We see it here ITT and others on a daily basis.

• Angry
Reactions: nail1988

Josh_M

Staff

Trolling:

Is this the same board you, @jfegaly @Sunburnt Indian @nail1988 used to post on?

Its because of him prices are way up despite tapping the strategic reserve and the reason there won't be any refining capacity upgrades but his flunkies write this stuff.
See, you both are wrong here.

Biden is wrong because
1. it’s not up to the oil companies to increase production. Their job is to maximize shareholder value. We are not a state owned industry. That’s like asking Apple to make more iPhones in order to lower the price.
2. Biden can’t raise taxes on our industry just because we are making a profit. Many industries are even more profitable.
3. Biden can’t raise taxes, only Congress can do that
4. If Biden wants to encourage more production, he should actually propose a decrease in taxes. It’s been done before
5. Production is increasing yet prices are still high. Any increase in our production will have little effect as long as OPEC and Russia limit their production.

You are wrong because.
1. See 5 above. It’s not Biden that is to blame. It’s OPEC. The exception to this rule is the ban on Russia oil. That has increased prices, but for a good reason I would say.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

See, you both are wrong here.

Biden is wrong because
1. it’s not up to the oil companies to increase production. Their job is to maximize shareholder value. We are not a state owned industry. That’s like asking Apple to make more iPhones in order to lower the price.
2. Biden can’t raise taxes on our industry just because we are making a profit. Many industries are even more profitable.
3. Biden can’t raise taxes, only Congress can do that
4. If Biden wants to encourage more production, he should actually propose a decrease in taxes. It’s been done before
5. Production is increasing yet prices are still high. Any increase in our production will have little effect as long as OPEC and Russia limit their production.

You are wrong because.
1. See 5 above. It’s not Biden that is to blame. It’s OPEC. The exception to this rule is the ban on Russia oil. That has increased prices, but for a good reason I would say.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

5. Is nonsense. I understand due to grades etc. some gets shipped overseas but you are nuts if you don't think producing as much oil as you use doesn't help with prices in the U.S.

5. Is nonsense. I understand due to grades etc. some gets shipped overseas but you are nuts if you don't think producing as much oil as you use doesn't help with prices in the U.S.
Well, it doesn’t. Oil isn’t priced in the US market, like natural gas is. It’s a fungible commodity. We can produce more than the current US demand and prices will still be high if there is a shortfall overseas. US companies will just ship the oil overseas if prices are higher there. See 1 above.

Yes, the US is a major oil producer. The largest in the world, in fact. That still doesnt reduce the price of oil as OPEC+ is known as the swing producer. They have historically had the most excess capacity. I’m not saying it has no effect, just that OPEC+ has the most impact. As you’ve seen, releasing huge amounts from the SPR has had some effect, but very little.

You don’t have to believe me but you should. I get my information from daily energy reports, not slanted political sites. Our production isn’t restricted to US uses. In fact, we have all the oil we need. It’s the overseas nations that have a shortfall.

Your mad becau

Our, meaning more than one person. How is this confusing you? In this case "our" meant myself and @BillCutting4585

If you're reading someone's posts, even only part time, you don't have them on ignore. I'm only here to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT