ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Paco,

See & understand your point - but I am worried about how firmly committed Rashada is.

Understanding the mind / emotions of an 18 year old - IMPOSSIBLE !

NIL$$$ seemed to influence Rashada once - it could happen again.

If he flips again just before ESD & Marcus has moved on - we are SCREWED - especially when/if AR goes NFL.

No way to predict how this will play out; all we can do is trust Billy to work things out.

Winning a few more ball games wouldn't hurt either - especially the one in Doak Campbell which is looking tougher with every game that goes by.

Paco - your thoughts on AR returning next year ?
I don’t think AR will be here next year

Speaking of millions, as much as I wanted McClain, let him stick with 6-7 loss seasons after saying he had $5 million reasons for committing to scUM.
I think fans make too much out of wins/loses on the fiedl and it's coorelation to recruiting. Imo recruiters - recruit for the most part.

That mentioned, UM this year may be the exception. I mean - they are losing to Duke and it's hard to watch - like - really bad. They may drop a few and or not land a few - it's that bad.

Reactions: gatordad3
I don’t think AR will be here next year
Paco,

Have to agree !

Hard to resist the lure of the NFL especially if it comes with significant money.

The interesting thing will be where intelligent observers (ones with TRUE NFL connections) think AR will go in the draft & how strongly (or if) UF backloaded AR's NIL deal (as LG89 suggested).

The relationship between AR's NIL income & his POSSIBLE draft income will be key to AR returning - unless poor academics force him to move on now & start "training" for the NFL draft.

Don't know how AR's academics are; so don't know if that plays into his decision.

Another decision point could be if AR has accepted money from an Agent.

I'm wondering if Napier is moving on from Kinsler. He was added at the last minute on the visitors list, now this.

I think fans make too much out of wins/loses on the fiedl and it's coorelation to recruiting. Imo recruiters - recruit for the most part.

That mentioned, UM this year may be the exception. I mean - they are losing to Duke and it's hard to watch - like - really bad. They may drop a few and or not land a few - it's that bad.
I think you might be right. It’s one thing if you know you’re rebuilding. We had to expect a few bumps in the road. Weren’t they ranked fairly high and expected to have a good season? I don’t follow them that closely but it seemed like they had sone talent on the roster. Normally I’d say on field success wouldn’t count that much when a coach takes over for a year or so but that’s generally bc a new coach is walking into a less ideal situation than what they had this year. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for them to suck like they do. That could definitely be an issue if I’m looking at them. Also, they seem to be getting worse, not better. That’s a huge red flag. It almost seems like they’ve quit, and when a team quits I normally say get rid of the coach. You just can’t come back from that. Play guys who aren’t as good but who fight the whole way before you let anyone on the field give less than 100%.

Jaden Rashada Headlines Florida Gators Visitors List vs. South Carolina​

Billy Napier and his Gators coaching staff will host at least 33 prospects for Florida's final home game of the season this weekend against South Carolina.

List includes 14 of our current commits, a flip candidates (or two - John Walker ?), an uncommitted players, & a TPP - Transfer Portal Person

The 2 most Interesting players -

FSU commit OT Lucas Simmons, Clearwater Academy International (Fla.) – No. 5 OT, No. 61 overall on SI99

Per Gator Dad - Miami OL commit Tommy Kinsler not visiting Florida this weekend

CB Desmond Ricks, IMG Academy (Fla.) - consensus five-star

Ranking the Contenders: Five-star CB Desmond Ricks​

https://n.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-contenders-five-star-cb-desmond-ricksSlidell, La.

It ain't over till its over ! - Yogi Berra

12 - 2024 Prospects

6 - 2025 Prospects
1 - Transfer Portal Prospect -
DL Jalen Thomas 6-2; 220, Grambling State University

Listed as a DL but physical size more of a LB or Rush End
he is from Slidell, La. so probably some prior contact with Billy & Staff
https://gsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/jalen-thomas/5363

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ng-visitors-list-jaden-rashada-south-carolina

Last edited:

Jaden Rashada Headlines Florida Gators Visitors List vs. South Carolina​

Billy Napier and his Gators coaching staff will host at least 33 prospects for Florida's final home game of the season this weekend against South Carolina.

List includes 14 of our current commits, a flip candidates (or two - John Walker ?), an uncommitted players, & a TPP - Transfer Portal Person

The 2 most Interesting players -

FSU commit OT Lucas Simmons, Clearwater Academy International (Fla.) – No. 5 OT, No. 61 overall on SI99

Per Gator Dad - Miami OL commit Tommy Kinsler not visiting Florida this weekend

CB Desmond Ricks, IMG Academy (Fla.) - consensus five-star

Ranking the Contenders: Five-star CB Desmond Ricks​

https://n.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-contenders-five-star-cb-desmond-ricksSlidell, La.

It ain't over till its over ! - Yogi Berra

12 - 2024 Prospects

6 - 2025 Prospects
1 - Transfer Portal Prospect -
DL Jalen Thomas 6-2; 220, Grambling State University

Listed as a DL but physical size more of a LB or Rush End
he is from Slidell, La. so probably some prior contact with Billy & Staff
https://gsutigers.com/sports/football/roster/jalen-thomas/5363

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ng-visitors-list-jaden-rashada-south-carolina

If Napier flips another OL recruit from FSU, the Holes fans are gonna lose their siht. If it happens, this is payback from them stealing Dalvin Cook and their WR who was an instant bust, just can't remember his name.

If Napier flips another OL recruit from FSU, the Holes fans are gonna lose their siht. If it happens, this is payback from them stealing Dalvin Cook and their WR who was an instant bust, just can't remember his name.
We need 1 more top OL, 1 more top DL and 1 top LB - anything in addition is gravy. We add those 3 and this is an elite class that would also be well balanced. That's a BIG ask lol but that's what I think haha.

Paco,

See & understand your point - but I am worried about how firmly committed Rashada is.

Understanding the mind / emotions of an 18 year old - IMPOSSIBLE !

NIL$$$ seemed to influence Rashada once - it could happen again.

If he flips again just before ESD & Marcus has moved on - we are SCREWED - especially when/if AR goes NFL.

No way to predict how this will play out; all we can do is trust Billy to work things out.

Winning a few more ball games wouldn't hurt either - especially the one in Doak Campbell which is looking tougher with every game that goes by.

Paco - your thoughts on AR returning next year ?
AR isn't going pro after this year

Bird Sherrill (Director of College Personnel - i.e. - The Portal Person) needs to start looking at the TAMU roster.

When Jimbo leaves & the players start deserting the sinking ship, there will be some quality recruits from last year's record setting class looking for a place to play.

Bird,

Help them out, Send them a postcard & let them know you care !

5* WR Evan Stewart, one of the fastest players in the nation, is Texas A&M's highest-ranked signee on the offensive side of the ball. The combination of him and No. 47 overall prospect
High 4* WR Chris Marshall would both look good in Orange & Blue.

The tight end tradition at Texas A&M is in good hands with signees Donovan Green and Jake Johnson, the No. 1 and No. 4 tight ends in the nation.

Can you imagine how much better our defense would be this year if we had gotten Harold Perkins? If I remember right he had committed to Texas A&M, but after he visited Florida he decommitted. We thought we were getting him. Then he visited LSU and committed to them instead. He's a 1-man wrecking crew on their defense. Not saying we would have become a great defense, with all of our other deficiencies. But he certainly would have helped with the pass rush and running down guys in the open field.

Can you imagine how much better our defense would be this year if we had gotten Harold Perkins? If I remember right he had committed to Texas A&M, but after he visited Florida he decommitted. We thought we were getting him. Then he visited LSU and committed to them instead. He's a 1-man wrecking crew on their defense. Not saying we would have become a great defense, with all of our other deficiencies. But he certainly would have helped with the pass rush and running down guys in the open field.
Yes that guy is a stud

Top247's No. 2 2025 OT Mason Short leaves Florida with an offer​

The blue-chip sophomore talks about his experience.
https://247sports.com/college/flori...ll-Mason-Short-offered-Gators-2025-197470155/

I have always believed that the 1st big time (Power 5) offer a recruit receives leaves a lasting impression & is the standard for comparison for all other offers.

I doubt if this is Mason Short's 1st offer (he lives in Evans, GA which is 76.18 miles from Athens & Kirby has a well oiled recruiting machine) but we are definitely on the right track.

Being proactive in this fashion is what it takes to climb the mountain & look UGA, Bama, & LSU in the eye.

Realisticly, nothing to lose by making the offer - Short isn't going to commit anytime soon - but we are in his 1st group of "suitors" & our chances of signing him are much better.

Maybe todays ass kicking to the Gamecocks will help with all the recruits we had in the stands.

Maybe todays ass kicking to the Gamecocks will help with all the recruits we had in the stands.
Tebow,

It CAN'T hurt !

Recruits who have attended losses have practiced recruit speak & talked about Napier having to rebuild everything & it looked like EPT (early playing time) was available.

EPT great, but top tier recruits want to win Championships & losers don't have a lot of NIL $$$.

LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3
Tebow,

It CAN'T hurt !

Recruits who have attended losses have been practiced recruit speak & talked about Napier having to rebuild everything & it looked like EPT (early playing time) was available.

EPT great, but top tier recruits want to win Championships & losers don't have a lot of NIL $$$.

LOL
Tell that to the 5 star hoops Dwag player, Anthony Edwards.

HMM, possible starter if AR leaves for the NFL?
TT - The money driven recruit opinion stars and ranking are all that matters, not their actual on the field stats. Everyone knows this, so it must be true..... 🙄

2023 QB-dt Jaden Rashada 6-4 185 ****
HS Jr/Sr Combined 21 Games:
Passing - 302 of 500, 60.4% for 4,458 Yds, 54 TD's, 13 Ints. QBR 114.80
Rushing - 65 for 456 Yds, 7.0 ypc, 5 TD's, 2 LPF's
Total Off - 367 plays for 4,914 yds, 59 TD's, 15 TO's. (3.9 to 1 TD/TO Ratio)

2022 QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 200 ***

HS Jr/Sr Combined 27 Games:
Passing - 255 of 356, 71.6% for 4,416 Yds, 68 TD's, 10 Ints, QBR 138.15
Rushing - 327 for 2,335 Yds, 7.1 ypc, 33 TD's, 1 LPF
Total Off - 683 plays for 6,751 Yds, 101 TD"s, 11 TO's (9.2 to 1 TD/TO Ratio)

So Brown is a possible future rsSo project (fever), while Rashada is a possible tFr starter.....
🤓

Rashada, Miller, Engel & Anders will make a great 2023 QB room once the also-ran others hit the portal. 😉

Last edited:
TT - The money driven recruit opinion stars and ranking are all that matters, not their actual on the field stats. Everyone knows this, so it must be true..... 🙄

2023 QB-dt Jaden Rashada 6-4 185 ****
HS Jr/Sr Combined 21 Games:
Passing - 302 of 500, 60.4% for 4,458 Yds, 54 TD's, 13 Ints. QBR 114.80
Rushing - 65 for 456 Yds, 7.0 ypc, 5 TD's, 2 LPF's
Total Off - 367 plays for 4,914 yds, 59 TD's, 15 TO's. (3.9 to 1 TD/TO Ratio)

2022 QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 200 ***

HS Jr/Sr Combined 27 Games:
Passing - 255 of 356, 71.6% for 4,416 Yds, 68 TD's, 10 Ints, QBR 138.15
Rushing - 327 for 2,335 Yds, 7.1 ypc, 33 TD's, 1 LPF
Total Off - 683 plays for 6,751 Yds, 101 TD"s, 11 TO's (9.2 to 1 TD/TO Ratio)

So Brown is a possible future rsSo project (fever), while Rashada is a possible tFr starter.....
🤓

Rashada, Miller, Engel & Anders will make a great 2023 QB room once the also-ran others hit the portal. 😉
Yo, @NavigatorII I found Insta. I remember you asking us if he'd kicked the bucket.

Gators make latest cut for 5* 2023 EDGE Samuel M’Pemba​

The other programs included on his short list are the Tennessee Volunteers, Georgia Bulldogs and Miami Hurricanes.

Tenn & UGA I understand; Miami not so much.

M’Pemba is expected to make his decision on Dec. 4.

Don't remember much contact / communication with him in quite a while.

So, are we just a hat on the table or do we have a real chance ?

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/202...el-mpemba-top-schools/?itm_source=parsely-api
247Sports has him listed as 75% Georgia, 25% Miami. But the Gators are definitely making a last minute push and got into his Final 4. It will be a very positive shocker if we get him.

247Sports has him listed as 75% Georgia, 25% Miami. But the Gators are definitely making a last minute push and got into his Final 4. It will be a very positive shocker if we get him.
Ocala,

No real chance I take it.

He just needed enough "hats on the table" to generate some excitement as he picked them up & put them down before grabbing "The Hat."

QB DJ Lagway Sets Dec 7 Commit Date​

Florida made waves by securing top 2023 quarterback Jaden Rashada last week. Can the Gators land one of 2024's top passers next month in DJ Lagway?

Lagway is considered the No. 4 quarterback and No. 17 overall prospect in the class of 2024 according to the On3 Sports consensus rankings.

He's completed 59.1 percent of his 472 career passing attempts, with a career-high rate of 67 percent on 200 passes this season, for 3,788 yards, 42 touchdowns and eight interceptions in his three-year high school career, adding 1,239 yards and 13 scores on the ground.

His stats are good & I would love to have him as a Gator !

He has stated that he fits in Napier's offense.

I question whether or not we can recruit 2 quality QBs (Rashada & Lagway) in back to back years ?

Don't think UF & Napier have the stature of Saban & Bama & that recruiting another QB of Lagway's quality the year after Rashada will be difficult.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ors-recruiting-dj-lagway-sets-commitment-date

QB DJ Lagway Sets Dec 7 Commit Date​

Florida made waves by securing top 2023 quarterback Jaden Rashada last week. Can the Gators land one of 2024's top passers next month in DJ Lagway?

Lagway is considered the No. 4 quarterback and No. 17 overall prospect in the class of 2024 according to the On3 Sports consensus rankings.

He's completed 59.1 percent of his 472 career passing attempts, with a career-high rate of 67 percent on 200 passes this season, for 3,788 yards, 42 touchdowns and eight interceptions in his three-year high school career, adding 1,239 yards and 13 scores on the ground.

His stats are good & I would love to have him as a Gator !

He has stated that he fits in Napier's offense.

I question whether or not we can recruit 2 quality QBs (Rashada & Lagway) in back to back years ?

Don't think UF & Napier have the stature of Saban & Bama & that recruiting another QB of Lagway's quality the year after Rashada will be difficult.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ors-recruiting-dj-lagway-sets-commitment-date
Bama brings in top QBs every recruiting cycle...no reason we can't.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT