ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Gators appear to currently have 20 OL for the 2023 Roster.

#33 OT William Harrod 6-4 325 rsJr
#47 OT Austin Barber 6-6 312 rsSo
#120 OT Mark Pitts 6-6 313 rsSo
#36 OT Caden Jones 6-8 325 Fr
#49 OT Bryce Lovett 6-5 330 Fr

#30 IOL Riley Simonds 6-3 289 rsJr
#44 IOL Jake Slaughter 6-5 292 rsSo
WO IOL Hayden Clem 6-2 295 rsSo
#31 IOL Jalen Farmer 6-5 334 rsFr
#5 IOL Roderick Kearney 6-4 300 Fr

#40 OG/OC Kingsley Oguakun 6-3 293 rsJr
Kingsley's backup to be determined...

#48 IOL Richard Leonard IV 6-2 318 Jr
#67 IOL Christian Williams 6-4 319 rsFr
#217 IOL Nicolas Flynn 6-2 279 rsFr PWO **
#29 IOL Knijeah Harris 6-3 335 Fr

#78 OT Kaleb Boateng 6-4 293 rsSo - Clem xfer ***
NA OT Kamryn Waites 6-8 373 rsSo - ULL xfer ****
NA OT Jordan Herman 6-8 370 - JuCo xfer
#93 OT David Conner 6-5 295 rsFr
#192 OT Jackson Crozier 6-3 292 rsFr

So with 2 OL coaches, they should be able to field at least a decent OL in 2023.

247Sports 2023 Overall Team Recruit Rankings, SEC now & future, plus FL's Big 3:
Note: 5-stars / 4-stars / 3-stars

1. UA - 7 / 21 / 1
2. UG - 2 / 22 / 4
3. TX - 4 / 13 / 9
>>> 4. Mia - 3 / 17 / 9
5. LSU - 1 / 23 / 8
6. OK - 3 / 15 / 12
9. aTm - 2 / 13 / 6
10 TN - 1 / 13 / 14
----- 5 Top 10's, 7 with TX & OK

13. UF - 0 / 19 / 4

>>> 16. FSU - 1 / 13 / 11
18. SCa - 0 / 15 / 11
19. AU - 0 / 11 / 13
22. MS - 0 / 10 / 8
26. Ark - 0 / 8 / 17
29. UK - 0 / 10 / 12
33. MsSt - 0 / 4 / 22
37. Mizz - 0 / 5 / 15
----- With 8 more SEC's in the Top 40, total
58. VU - 0 / 1 / 20

All 14 SEC teams are in the Top 58 recruit classes, with newbee's TX & OK in the Top 10.

The Big 3 in Florida all in the Top 16. (4-13-16)

Last edited:
Gators appear to currently have 20 OL for the 2023 Roster.

#33 OT William Harrod 6-4 325 rsJr
#47 OT Austin Barber 6-6 312 rsSo
#120 OT Mark Pitts 6-6 313 rsSo
#36 OT Caden Jones 6-8 325 Fr
#49 OT Bryce Lovett 6-5 330 Fr

#30 IOL Riley Simonds 6-3 289 rsJr
#44 IOL Jake Slaughter 6-5 292 rsSo
WO IOL Hayden Clem 6-2 295 rsSo
#31 IOL Jalen Farmer 6-5 334 rsFr
#5 IOL Roderick Kearney 6-4 300 Fr

#40 OG/OC Kingsley Oguakun 6-3 293 rsJr
Kingsley's backup to be determined...

#48 IOL Richard Leonard IV 6-2 318 Jr
#67 IOL Christian Williams 6-4 319 rsFr
#217 IOL Nicolas Flynn 6-2 279 rsFr PWO **
#29 IOL Knijeah Harris 6-3 335 Fr

#78 OT Kaleb Boateng 6-4 293 rsSo - Clem xfer ***
NA OT Kamryn Waites 6-8 373 rsSo - ULL xfer ****
NA OT Jordan Herman 6-8 370 - JuCo xfer
#93 OT David Conner 6-5 295 rsFr
#192 OT Jackson Crozier 6-3 292 rsFr

So with 2 OL coaches, they should be able to field at least a decent OL in 2023.

Well with like 6 or 7 top 40 O linemen not even counting Barber # 47 who we know can play we should have a real good O line next season even if we don't get any new portal O linemen.

Well with like 6 or 7 top 40 O linemen not even counting Barber # 47 who we know can play we should have a real good O line next season even if we don't get any new portal O linemen.
They should be pretty good, but will miss 1st Team All American & soon to be 1st round NFL draft pick O'Cyrus Torrence. He was a 3-star recruit who turned himself into a high end 5 star player, with the help of Billy Napier and staff.

Fever,

Just Curious; how many of those Top 40 OL were available to play in the L V Bowl vs Oregon State ?

The game where our rushing stats 'crapped out'; where we had to kick a last second FG to keep our incredible scoring streak alive, etc.

We have plenty of 'projects' - we got a 'commit' from another one this week; we have numerous OL with 'potential', but how many SEC level OL do we actually have ?

Fever,

Just Curious; how many of those Top 40 OL were available to play in the L V Bowl vs Oregon State ?

The game where our rushing stats 'crapped out'; where we had to kick a last second FG to keep our incredible scoring streak alive, etc.

We have plenty of 'projects' - we got a 'commit' from another one this week; we have numerous OL with 'potential', but how many SEC level OL do we actually have ?

We have one serviceable SEC O linemen at Center and one good one for Tackle next season that we know of. Just using @instaGATOR theory we might be set with all these top 40 rated O linemen that don't even include Barber. I do hope we pick up an SEC ready O lineman in the portal in the next few days.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
We have one serviceable SEC O linemen at Center and one good one for Tackle next season that we know of. Just using @instaGATOR theory we might be set with all these top 40 rated O linemen that don't even include Barber. I do

hope we pick up an SEC ready O lineman in the portal in the next few days. - AGREE ! On the Roster, we have many large bodies with OL appended to their names, but none of them have developed into SEC quality players. --- EDIT Baylor transfer OL Micah Mazzccua has Gators in top 3.
Fever,

Austin Barber & Kingsley Eguakun - you COULD call that 2 out of 5; but in reality it's 2 out of 8 because you need at least 3 reserves who can actually play - a Center, a swing OG, & a swing OT.

Richie Leonard IV may be recovered enough to take one OG spot.

We might have one - OG, one - OT, & a Center; but still looking for everything else.

They gave Kamryn Waites (6-8, 373) a few snaps at OG in the L V Bowl, but at his weight, he is too slow to defend against an SEC caliber DL.

Jordan Herman (6-8, 370) JC transfer has the same problem - too slow.

Plus neither one of them has the mental aggressiveness needed to be an starting SEC OL.

Both of them need to drop 20-30 lbs; then they might be able to play.

RS FR Jake Slaughter (6-5, 292) was recruited as a Center, but has yet to develop.

Ethan White entering the portal still surprises me. His mom was so excited when he lost all the weight & became a starter.

He was listed as the starting Center in Spring practice 2 years ago but then he got hurt.

Wonder if there is any chance of him returning for his SR year ?

Last edited:

Baylor transfer OL Micah Mazzccua reveals top three of Nebraska, Auburn, Florida​

His decision is expected to come on Tuesday night.

His commitment will be based on sealed bids for NIL$$$ ! LOL

Speculation is that 1st year of NIL$$$ must be in cash in small bills with no 1099 form.

WAIT - I might be getting him confused with Cormani McClain ! LOL

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal...auburn-tigers-florida-gators-commitment-date/

Last edited:
Fever,

Austin Barber & Kingsley Eguakun - you COULD call that 2 out of 5; but in reality it's 2 out of 8 because you need at least 3 reserves who can actually play - a Center, a swing OG, & a swing OT.

Richie Leonard IV may be recovered enough to take one OG spot.

We might have an OG, an OT, & a Center; but still looking for everything else.

They gave Kamryn Waites (6-8, 373) a few snaps at OG in the L V Bowl, but at his weight, he is too slow to defend against an SEC caliber DL.

Jordan Herman (6-8, 370) JC transfer has the same problem - too slow.

Plus neither one of them has the mental aggressiveness needed to be an starting SEC OL.

Both of them need to drop 20-30 lbs; then they might be able to play.

RS FR Jake Slaughter (6-5, 292) was recruited as a Center, but has yet to develop.

Ethan White entering the portal still surprises me. His mom was so excited when he lost all the weight & became a starter.

He was listed as the starting Center in Spring practice 2 years ago but then he got hurt.

Wonder if there is any chance of him returning for his SR year ?

Don't know much about the other ones. I guess Waites will be at tackle. I watched him a little at guard and he wasn't too bad handling his initial responsibility but he seemed to be just a step slow getting to the next level to try and help spring a RB. Hoping he develops more this spring.

FL # 58 transfer portal ranking?

5 in with 23 leaving

adjusted NIL value - negative 899K

🤣 I don't think that is the best way of looking at it though and some of their NIL values on players are ridiculous and I am guessing they are using the social media numbers of the players to come up with that nonsense number.

As far as the Gators I would say we are gaining more than we are losing if we gain more legit good starters than losing our 2 starting offensive linemen. I think our DBs on the roster will be more than able to replace the ones that played that we lost. Mertz I consider a net neutral in the portal unless he shows he can be better than he has played. Now I would say we are at a net loss though without bringing in a solid starter on the offensive line or at receiver. We probably need 2 more starters in positions of need to be able to say the portal was a definite positive for us this year.

"Gators appear to currently have 20 OL for the 2023 Roster.
So with 2 OL coaches, they should be able to field at least a decent OL in 2023."

We have one serviceable SEC O linemen at Center and one good one for Tackle next season that we know of. Just using @instaGATOR theory we might be set with all these top 40 rated O linemen that don't even include Barber. I do hope we pick up an SEC ready O lineman in the portal in the next few days.

No feveredbrains, that was not an iG theory, it was just the iG posting a known OL list, with 2 comments but no theories. Saying that with 2 OL coaches, they should be able.... is not a theory about Top 40 rated OL.
Any OL on that 20 man list has as good of a chance to perform well or poorly as any other imo.

I listed their HS position ranking, their 2023 class status, and their provided bio Ht/Wt. I made no claims or theories that concerned what their HS position rating (Top 40) would do or not do....

Speak for yourself, then take the blame/credit that you earn for it.....

What I insinuated is that they've got the bodies, and they've got 2 OL coaches, so they've got a chance to be at least decent. Now we wait to see how they all do with their chances....

"Gators appear to currently have 20 OL for the 2023 Roster.
So with 2 OL coaches, they should be able to field at least a decent OL in 2023."

No feveredbrains, that was not an iG theory, it was just the iG posting a known OL list, with 2 comments but no theories. Saying that with 2 OL coaches, they should be able.... is not a theory about Top 40 rated OL.
Any OL on that 20 man list has as good of a chance to perform well or poorly as any other imo.

I listed their HS position ranking, their 2023 class status, and their provided bio Ht/Wt. I made no claims or theories that concerned what their HS position rating (Top 40) would do or not do....

Speak for yourself, then take the blame/credit that you earn for it.....

"Alright feveredbrainbes, if Nappy with our roster and his bloated staff, can't beat Utah in the Swamp, then the Gator's are in deep 2022 guano imo....

Combined Recruiting Class rankings for the last 4 classes:
UF 12
UU 35"

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR

Jim Harbaugh to interview for Denver Broncos head coach job this week​

Where there's Smoke there's Fire ?

Pete Carroll gave him tips on how to run off & hide ?

Are there any Michigan players we could use ?

Jim Harbaugh and his Michigan program are under investigation by the NCAA for alleged recruiting violations.

If Harbaugh wants an escape hatch, he may have one in Denver.

According to a report by Tom Pelissero at NFL Network, the Broncos will be interviewing Harbaugh for their head coach position early this week.

https://usatodayhss.com/2023/jim-harbaugh-to-interview-for-denver-broncos-head-coach-job-this-week

Last edited:
I think the Miami Tackle announces tonight but I would rather get this O lineman. The Miami tackle might start here but if Waites improved some I am not sure he is even a lock to start for us.
Fever,

Agree !

Miami OT John Campbell spent five seasons with the Hurricanes, being a redshirt junior during the 2022 season. If he came to UF, he would be a SR with only 1 yr left - which illustrates the problem of many Transfer Portal Players.

Micah Mazzccua - has three years of eligibility remaining.

According to Pro Football Focus, Mazzccua ranked as the second-best guard in college football this past season as a pass protector, allowing just one sack, two hits, eight hurries and 11 pressures on the year.

He sits only behind Torrence, the man he'd replace in Gainesville.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Fever,

Agree !

Miami OT John Campbell spent five seasons with the Hurricanes, being a redshirt junior during the 2022 season. If he came to UF, he would be a SR with only 1 yr left - which illustrates the problem of many Transfer Portal Players.

Micah Mazzccua - has three years of eligibility remaining.

According to Pro Football Focus, Mazzccua ranked as the second-best guard in college football this past season as a pass protector, allowing just one sack, two hits, eight hurries and 11 pressures on the year.

He sits only behind Torrence, the man he'd replace in Gainesville.

Reading that about them my betting guess would be we get Campbell and don't get Mazzccua. 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Reading that about them my betting guess would be we get Campbell and don't get Mazzccua. 🤣
Fever,

Torrence did well here & FWIW, another article I read said that Mazzccua delayed his Transfer Commit in order to take a visit here & talk with Napier & Gators.

We will see what happens. Perhaps we get both.

Campbell short term; till some of our own players develop & Mazzccua for the long term.

Fever,

Torrence did well here & FWIW, another article I read said that Mazzccua delayed his Transfer Commit in order to take a visit here & talk with Napier & Gators.

We will see what happens. Perhaps we get both.

Campbell short term; till some of our own players develop & Mazzccua for the long term.

I hope you are right but I would have more hope we get Mazzccua if Campbell doesn't commit tonight even though they are different positions.

Jim Harbaugh to interview for Denver Broncos head coach job this week​

Where there's Smoke there's Fire ?

Pete Carroll gave him tips on how to run off & hide ?

Are there any Michigan players we could use ?

Jim Harbaugh and his Michigan program are under investigation by the NCAA for alleged recruiting violations.

If Harbaugh wants an escape hatch, he may have one in Denver.

According to a report by Tom Pelissero at NFL Network, the Broncos will be interviewing Harbaugh for their head coach position early this week.

https://usatodayhss.com/2023/jim-harbaugh-to-interview-for-denver-broncos-head-coach-job-this-week
If Harbaugh doesn't get an offer by midweek, I don't know where else he'll go. Then again, you'd have to be desperate to work for a garbage president like Elway.

Just like he said he would give us his final thoughts on Mike White yet still swings on his nut sack.
Proving yet again that there is no cure for those with their heads permanently and deeply embedded in that warm dark place, like your's and the dunny's nutts that you're busy caressing.... 🙄

Last edited:

Jim Harbaugh says he’s ruled out a jump to the NFL, but ‘no one knows what the future holds’​

This article Ancient - 5 days old. LOL

Harbaugh like Grantham - wants a raise & didn't think he would get one after losing to TCU in 1st Round of CFP, so he found another way.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/jim-harbaugh-michigan-nfl-jump-statement-noncommittal-fan-reaction

Harbaugh interviewed with the Minnesota Vikings last season, but returned to Ann Arbor and reaffirmed his commitment to the Wolverines. He agreed to a five-year contract with Michigan last February and suggested that annual flirtations with the NFL would not become standard operating procedure.

That's clearly not been the case considering his most recent statement gives him plenty of wiggle room to jump to the NFL without contradiction. By saying he "expects" to coach the Wolverines in 2023, Harbaugh leaves the door wide open for, say, an NFL team to make him an offer he can't refuse.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...s-i-expect-to-be-coaching-wolverines-in-2023/

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gator Fever

QB Jaden Rashada Yet to Enroll at Florida​

Jaden Rashada has yet to enroll at the University of Florida, multiple sources told All Gators on Tuesday.

Rashada appears in UF's student directory but does not have a class schedule, nor does he possess a student email address as of 11:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, All Gators has learned.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-jaden-rashada-yet-to-enroll

"Until Rashada enters the fold officially, Florida heads into the offseason with Wisconsin transfer and rising fifth-year senior Graham Mertz, fourth-year redshirt sophomore Jack Miller III and redshirt freshman Max Brown as scholarship members of its quarterback room."

Well if the Boosters don't make good on what this kid was led to believe by someone we better hope Max Brown is some wonder kid in waiting like @instaGATOR thinks he is and that he has finally learned the playbook after all this time or Gator Nation will be like when Moses had to wonder in the desert for many years when it comes to football.

"Until Rashada enters the fold officially, Florida heads into the offseason with Wisconsin transfer and rising fifth-year senior Graham Mertz, fourth-year redshirt sophomore Jack Miller III and redshirt freshman Max Brown as scholarship members of its quarterback room."

Well if the Boosters don't make good on what this kid was led to believe by someone we better hope Max Brown is some wonder kid in waiting like @instaGATOR thinks he is and that he has finally learned the playbook after all this time or Gator Nation will be like when Moses had to wonder in the desert for many years when it comes to football.
We've been wandering for over a decade now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT