ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs Michigan predictions

Some infantile FSU fans discard this truth

The o line has not been good that is for sure. Very avg, we need better than what we r getting BUT it has not been the worst group in country. U cant use 1 metric to prove a point. Is our offense last? Is our rush offense last? Is our pass offense last? No to all of these.

Im not defending thwm, its time for trickett to move on but u cant say they are the worst in the country by using 1 stat that only includes passing and includes other position groups.

Whether FSU's OL is the worst in college football, or just very bad, is a distinction without a difference, from the perspective of a coach, team and set of fans that are usally all "omgomgomg we are soooooooooo awesome!"

Did I say FSU sucks somewhere?

3923264-is_this_real_life101.gif

U will have to forgive Alasaka. He was what we call "sensitive" in the nole community. He was probably one of the band wagon fans who just went to school there and knew nothing about them growing up.Typical for his kind

Numbers finds all kinds of creative ways to remind people why he can't escape the high school level with his coaching "career". Love these threads. Can't wait to tune in tomorrow for the Florida / Iowa Gameday Thread.

FSU is stuck with Trickett for just 1 more year until he vests in his state of florida pension.

the blame it on the QB thing has been going on for 6, 7 QBs now.

Reactions: tnole903
FSU is stuck with Trickett for just 1 more year until he vests in his state of florida pension.

the blame it on the QB thing has been going on for 6, 7 QBs now.
exactly....we have one of the top 2-3 young QBs in the country....a group of WRs, which almost any team in the country would drool over having...Cook's YPC down significantly,....yet...some how, they are to blame for OL stats that have consistently been in the lower quartile of most measurements of performance. Go figure. I can't wait until Tricky Ricky gets a fishing pole and fades in to the sunset.

We'd kill for an OL that bad.
Florida is ranked #64 in sacks allow @ 2.08 per game. That is not very good. Until you look at FSU's ranking of #106 @ 2.77 per game. And FSU has the more mobile QB.

The Florida OL was not great this year. But is was better than the one put out there by FSU. At least in pass protection anyway

Florida is ranked #64 in sacks allow @ 2.08 per game. That is not very good. Until you look at FSU's ranking of #106 @ 2.77 per game. And FSU has the more mobile QB.

The Florida OL was not great this year. But is was better than the one put out there by FSU. At least in pass protection anyway

About the same imo in the games I watched. That FSU QB would hold onto the ball longer than our guys usually when he didn't run. If he had the pressure Appleby got in that Bama game I bet he would have got sacked a bunch of times.

About the same imo in the games I watched. That FSU QB would hold onto the ball longer than our guys usually when he didn't run. If he had the pressure Appleby got in that Bama game I bet he would have got sacked a bunch of times.
Fair enough. That said, Francois has positive yards rushing this year, even with more sacks. He is by far a more mobile QB, compared to Florida QBs, which combined have negative yards rushing when factoring in sacks.

Last edited:

Wonder if the Noles #1 SOS vs the UF SOS ( #31) or the quality of the defenses faced had any bearing. Rather than a simplistic look at # of sacks, perhaps there could be more to it.

Interesting how a particular troll shows up claiming he knows us

How were the defenses that UF faced this year? Not to take anything away from Trickett's Turnstiles, but that O-line did face 7 Top 25 defenses, to include 3 Top 10 (iirc). That has to play some part in their terrible pass protection. ...just wondering if UF was in a similar situation.

are people still including BC every year as a top defense when their offense does less than ours and is dead by the end and that's where all their yards come from. They are exactly like us except much worse players and addazzi that couldn't win with an NFL team at every position at UF as their coach...

exactly....we have one of the top 2-3 young QBs in the country....a group of WRs, which almost any team in the country would drool over having...Cook's YPC down significantly,....yet...some how, they are to blame for OL stats that have consistently been in the lower quartile of most measurements of performance. Go figure. I can't wait until Tricky Ricky gets a fishing pole and fades in to the sunset.

What great WR's do we have? Did i miss something? Francois was AWFUL against michigan. He was missing passes left and right. I hate stated it multiple times that the o line is not up to snuff. They are avg but they are not terrible. Our offense is a top 25 offense EASILY. Mainly becuz of dalvin. You cant have a top 25 offense and the most important unit be the worst in the country. It doesnt work that way. I hope trickett leaves tomorrow. He sucks. But they are avg, not the worst

Who cares if he can't get them to perform at the college level?

Yep. I couldnt give 2 craps about a player once they leave. Jameis who? Dont really care anymore if ur not in a nole jersey, my i dont a sh** about u meter just went up

I didn't say I agreed, just my only explanation. We've had one solid line--2013 with several years of solid, individual players. He can't seem to put together a cohesive, consistent unit.

I dont even think 2013 was that good. Go watch the title game again. Auburn looked like men amongst boys out there. Even the last play where kelvin catches it, bobby hart got shamed

Jameis covered up a lot of mistakes they made by throwing it quickly

Just for grins, I went and looked at the total defensive rankings for the opponents of each team in the regular season. I added the defensive rankings up and averaged them.

The avg defensive rankings for the 12 UF opponents? #61.6
The avg defensive rankings for the 12 FSU opponents? #60.9
( Since FSU played a 1-aa team and Florida did not, that opponent got a lowest ranking possible for a D-1a team)

So much for, "omg, the defenses FSU faced were so much harder than the defenses Florida faced!"

Just for grins, I went and looked at the total defensive rankings for the opponents of each team in the regular season. I added the defensive rankings up and averaged them.

The avg defensive rankings for the 12 UF opponents? #61.6
The avg defensive rankings for the 12 FSU opponents? #60.9
( Since FSU played a 1-aa team and Florida did not, that opponent got a lowest ranking possible for a D-1a team)

So much for, "omg, the defenses FSU faced were so much harder than the defenses Florida faced!"

I think we faced 6 or 7 top 25 defenses.

I think we faced 6 or 7 top 25 defenses.
In the regular season, your team faced 3 top ten defenses and 4 top twenty defenses. It also faced 4 terrible defenses, ranked worse than 100. (including CS)

My team faced 2 top ten defenses and 3 top twenty. It faced one team ranked 100 or worse. Although to be fair, Mass was ranked #99.

In the regular season, your team faced 3 top ten defenses and 4 top twenty defenses. It also faced 4 terrible defenses, ranked worse than 100. (including CS)

My team faced 2 top ten defenses and 3 top twenty. It faced one team ranked 100 or worse. Although to be fair, Mass was ranked #99.

Who were the 4 below besides CS? Cuse?

If u want to play that game. Jameis should have been our qb this year. So we have played u with our backup the last 2 yrs as well. There are no excuses. That other idiot nole fan is jus being a typical nole fan. Every team has players hurt/leave early.

Never tell me again that you are a smart person.

Reactions: Tlb06

Yet that line blocked your boyz well as we beat you down like rented mules.

Reactions: Tlb06
I nvr told u that. I typed it and u read it. #skooledAgain

Everything i said was a fact

When you compared a QB who left school 2 years ago to a QB that was injured in the middle of the season, as if that is the same thing, you proved, beyond doubt, that you are an idiot.

Unlike the air you post, THAT is a fact.

When you compared a QB who left school 2 years ago to a QB that was injured in the middle of the season, as if that is the same thing, you proved, beyond doubt, that you are an idiot.

Unlike the air you post, THAT is a fact.

U said backup qb. Technically we shoukd of had jameis and would have been the starter. Air go..... Backup. Its really not that complicated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT