ADVERTISEMENT

Florida vs UGA Official Gameday Thread and More

If Henderson isn’t playing next week I shudder to think about what Mizzou will do to this secondary. Move Chauncey outside and start Burney or somebody at safety already. I can’t take watching McWilliams play another snap. I literally get upset every time I see his number 12.

Yep if you dont get pressure on that QB he will pick you apart.

Before the season CB was a super strength with 2 future NFL'ers. Wilson went out before the season and then Henderson goes down in the 1st quarter. A strength became a bad weakness. But losing the turnover battle 3-0, plus the difference in QB play was, to me, the major difference. Mullen is getting the most out of what he's got, but if we had Fromm and they had Franks I think we win this game. I didn't really expect us to win, but the way we lost sucks.

Reactions: bradleygator
If we were to get upset the next game I think he might.
Missouri has an NFL QB and some good receivers. The way our secondary played today we're going to have to score a lot of points and I'm not sure our offense can win a shootout. Missouri has 3 losses and is not an upper echelon SEC team, but the match-up could be a problem for us.

Bleh... Better get Mullen while you can Smart, he won't always have the talent disadvantage.

Missouri has an NFL QB and some good receivers. The way our secondary played today we're going to have to score a lot of points and I'm not sure our offense can win a shootout. Missouri has 3 losses and is not an upper echelon SEC team, but the match-up could be a problem for us.
Yep watched some of that KY game when clicking over. KY was getting good pressure but he was making some nice throws when he did get a little bit of time.

Before the season CB was a super strength with 2 future NFL'ers. Wilson went out before the season and then Henderson goes down in the 1st quarter. A strength became a bad weakness. But losing the turnover battle 3-0, plus the difference in QB play was, to me, the major difference. Mullen is getting the most out of what he's got, but if we had Fromm and they had Franks I think we win this game. I didn't really expect us to win, but the way we lost sucks.

100% correct. Between the missed TD he overthrew, the brutal INT on another drive we were moving on, and then his fumble he at a minimum took 14 points off the board while giving UGA’s offense short fields to score. It’s infuriating.

Like I said after that dime he threw to Swain that’s what makes him so frustrating. He’ll make throws like that then follow it up with awful decisions and those decisions always cost us dearly. It’d be a whole lot easier if he Justin sucked all the time then you wouldn’t be on the emotional roller coaster he puts you on.

That game was all about the quarterbacks. Fromm was really good and Franks was far from good

That game was all about the quarterbacks. Fromm was really good and Franks was far from good
Fromm is NOT and is masked by a decent running game. On the flip side, Mullen is a very good coach, he's sheltered Franks about all he can. He brought a brilliant game plan and Franks shit the bed. It's time to move on with either Jones or Trask. Franks would have a high ceiling on physical skills but scores a zero on the Wunderlic.

Last edited:
Fromm is NOT and is masked by a decent running game. On the flip side, Mullen is a very good coach, he's sheltered Franks about all he can. He brought a brilliant game plan and Franks shit the bed. It's time to move on with either Jones or Trask. Franks would have a high ceiling on physical skills but scores a zero on the Wunderlic.

Fromm was protected in this game as Kirby always does. If Georgia is trailing or up by less than a TD, Fromm is severely limited in the passing plays they will call for him.

Florida lost the game today because they made mistakes and Georgia didn't. Without the turnovers and overthrowing wide-open WRs for TDs, Florida wins by 14-17 points.

Georgia got their licks in while they could.

Ball lickers here getting all defensive and insecure. Florida wins minimum 7 of next 10. Wore out their own defense today with the turnovers. To the ball lickers credit, they took advantage. They have a good team. so does Florida, if a year or two away from being great for a while.

Was thinking about the game and here is what lost UF this game. First the turnover by Scarlett, next was the throw by Franks for interception by Georgia, then the turnover by Franks near our own goalie. These three TOs is what lost Florida this game, without them UGA wouldn’t have won....

Last Emory is no faster nor quicker than Franks, they both are turtles IMHO...

I think you’re overselling Lock. He’s a decent QB but his stats are padded against inferior competition. He’s had ONE TD pass this season in four SEC games.

Here’s his final stats from today’s game:

D. Lock 15/27 165 yards
6.1 yards per attempt
0 TDS 0 INTs
38.2 QBR

Maybe a little but when he gets what people consider a little bit of time he isn't bad. Its just some of these SEC teams have these quick DEs that eat up their tackles and get to him really quick. We have those types of DEs so we need to hope they can do that.

I think you’re overselling Lock. He’s a decent QB but his stats are padded against inferior competition. He’s had ONE TD pass this season in four SEC games.

D. Lock 15/27 165 yards
6.1 yards per attempt
0 TDS 0 INTs
38.2 QBR

Every Florida opponent becomes a Juggernaut the week Florida plays them, and a trainwreck after Florida beats them.

Reactions: ukalum1988

D. Lock 15/27 165 yards
6.1 yards per attempt
0 TDS 0 INTs
38.2 QBR
Just curious if any QB has lit Kentucky up this year or do most have substandard stats that game? I know KY has that guy that really gets after QBs.

You doing ok? Have you depleted your stock yet?

I haven't made it to the fridge to check yet...I think I saved enough for the race at Martinsville, but I won't be surprised if I'm completely out either.

I think I might have built a fire pit last night and started burning things.

That seems like a memory I have.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Well we could look like the Bucs this year!!!! Oh wait we did the past 9 years!!! Winston needs to pick up a clipboard because that’s all he will ever be good at. He’s one sorry QB in the NFL!!!! Guess he has his mind on crabs!!!

It's not Franks fault they lost.
He played all the way up to his limited 50/50 ability. o_O
That's on Dan and Brian. They're the one's that put him out there, (or someone told them too). :cool:

Marco goes down and they lose to kensucky.
C.J. goes down and they lose to UGly.
Do-Do Occurs... :rolleyes:

The defense played to many plays, because the offense couldn't sustain drives, + 3 T-O's.
The rest is largely on Stewart and Edwards, who did not play,,, because... :mad:

Edit -- And why didn't they put Moon in to cover the UGly TE??? :confused:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT