ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ LSU....

We just lost to the corndogs. UGA just said they will handle SCAR and looked what happened.

I would be taking NO teams for granted at this point.

The corndogs are running one of the best offenses in college football right now and are loades with NFL talent on both sides of the ball.

UGA has shown a pedestrian passing game prettt much all season against any decent competition. They were due for this.

We dont play the game so taking/not taking teams for granted has no effect on the players. I have confidence that the staff and players know what lies ahead of them.

I'm not mad we lost. I've been saying LSU might be the best team in the country since this summer when it wasn't popular. Nobody but Bama beats them in that damn stadium. But I'm mad about how we lost. Go down swinging and Grantham's pu**y gameplan on defense killed the team all night. If he's even average we probably win that damn game.

you lost cause we scored more points.. and was able to get stops when needed. mullen is a dumbass..horrible play calling. TOTALLY out coached by CEO.

Reactions: One67
Grantham sucks. We never even attempted to pressure Burrow tonight. Content to rush 3 and 4 and give him all day while our secondary sat in soft zone coverages. Embarrassing.

Anytime we did bring extra D their Oline held up and we got killed 1 vs 1.

It was a pick your poison kind of night on D. We just dont' have the horses to do what needed to be done.

Reactions: GatorNation79
The injuries hurt but we're losing because the game plan is shit. Grantham has not come after that damn QB all game. Just rush four and play zone with these huge ass cushions and they're moving up and down the field. Once again getting too cute. He's a sold defensive coordinator but like I said last year we can upgrade. Dude overthinks shit. Has a good secondary and won't even give them a chance.
We stopped them on 2 drives I think and they scored TD's on almost every other possession I think. Defense killed us and their offense was on fire. Have to give LSU credit but I will say that we have a better defense that how we played....maybe we still lose but missed tackles and a bad scheme for the game.

I'm not mad we lost. I've been saying LSU might be the best team in the country since this summer when it wasn't popular. Nobody but Bama beats them in that damn stadium. But I'm mad about how we lost. Go down swinging and Grantham's pu**y gameplan on defense killed the team all night. If he's even average we probably win that damn game.
It’s impossible to understate the impact of losing Greenard and Zuniga.

It’s impossible to understate the impact of losing Greenard and Zuniga.

LSU has been starting their backup DEs since third game of the season. Last night included. They both went down second half of Texas game. Game one starters did play some last night. Didn't start but, they did play. Lawrence was preseason all American and all sec. Logan was off to the better start though.

LSU has been starting their backup DEs since third game of the season. Last night included. They both went down second half of Texas game. Game one starters did play some last night. Didn't start but, they did play. Lawrence was preseason all American and all sec. Logan was off to the better start though.
Your OL is way more talented than UF’s. Every Florida rival coming into the season knew Florida was vulnerable on the OL breaking in new guys. LSU has been recruiting lights out since Saban so your drop off in talent between starters and backups isn’t near what UF’s is as Mullen is rebuilding. They hung with you until a fatal throw in in the 4th. Gator fans continue to have a lot to look forward to. And it sucks.

Our receivers were running open all night. Those Bama receivers are legit. You will need to score 40+ to beat them. Your offensive line was really really good last night. Bama will get you in a shootout.

LSU has legit NFL talent all over the field, the most experienced team in the SEC and the only team in the conference with a chance to compete with Alabama. We have some guys in that category, but not enough yet. I was proud of the way our guys gave it their all in such a hostile environment, but they were just a better team. Still, we were close - a holding call, a few missed tackles, 2 errant throws.

Reactions: gatordad3
Your OL is way more talented than UF’s. Every Florida rival coming into the season knew Florida was vulnerable on the OL breaking in new guys. LSU has been recruiting lights out since Saban so your drop off in talent between starters and backups isn’t near what UF’s is as Mullen is rebuilding. They hung with you until a fatal throw in in the 4th. Gator fans continue to have a lot to look forward to. And it sucks.

It's DiNardo that really got LSU going again in recruiting. Saban inherited a loaded roster. There were three future NFL QBs waiting for him at the airport when he arrived in Baton Rouge. Plus a Biletnikof winner.

Oline was LSU's biggest question mark heading into this season and that was with four returning starters and another four with some level of starting experience.

Last night was an instant classic. One of the best games of year do far. Maybe even best as for fan entertainment. Might be a little biased on that.

At Columbia Saturday coming I expect the cocks to be a little flat emotionally after that big win VS UGA. Gators should win . Good luck from here on out. Really enjoyed the back and forth this past week.

It's DiNardo that really got LSU going again in recruiting. Saban inherited a loaded roster. There were three future NFL QBs waiting for him at the airport when he arrived in Baton Rouge. Plus a Biletnikof winner.

Oline was LSU's biggest question mark heading into this season and that was with four returning starters and another four with some level of starting experience.

Last night was an instant classic. One of the best games of year do far. Maybe even best as for fan entertainment. Might be a little biased on that.

At Columbia Saturday coming I expect the cocks to be a little flat emotionally after that big win VS UGA. Gators should win . Good luck from here on out. Really enjoyed the back and forth this past week.
Your running back was a load last night.

Last night was the 66th meeting between LSU and UF. It has been and always will be a great annual rivalry. Too bad with the SEC expansion to 12 teams over 25 years ago, our annual series with Auburn was taken away from us since 2003. If the same thing happens with LSU and Florida, I say go back to a 12 team conference or move LSU to the same division as Florida.

They had huge holes but made plays...their RB's didn't go down easy. Clearly LSU has a great offense from scheme to players.
And Burrow got the ball to his receivers faster than the ball was even snapped to him.
Off topic but the game between LSU and Auburn will a game to keep our eyes on.

Where were you last year?

who gives a rats ass about last year? i sure as hell dont. pretty sad if you have to live in the past. Just like a lame ass fan base.
Man up. games are played on the field. and UF couldnt hang. 42 points on 48 plays. and that includes a couple kneel downs to end the game. if you ask me, y'all couldnt do squat to stop us. 1 punt. go back to playin in the SEC lEAST. cant hang with the big boys

who gives a rats ass about last year? i sure as hell dont. pretty sad if you have to live in the past. Just like a lame ass fan base.
Man up. games are played on the field. and UF couldnt hang. 42 points on 48 plays. and that includes a couple kneel downs to end the game. if you ask me, y'all couldnt do squat to stop us. 1 punt. go back to playin in the SEC lEAST. cant hang with the big boys
Only a coward shows up when things are good and hides when things are bad. You are hiding right now, just like a coward. Sorry about your dawgs/noles yesterday.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Such an internet bad ass...you're impressive tough guy.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
No excuse for that defense. Like said above LSU had major players missing time also.

Grantham is ass. Eff that one trick pony clown. It’s either all out blitz or his defenses get torched, this isn’t anything new with him. Zuniga and Greenard or not that gameplan was embarrassing. Rushed 3 and 4 all night and sat in soft zone with huge cushions and just let LSU march up and down the field. We sent two damn blitzes all night. He coached like a pu**y. Done with him.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Grantham is ass. Eff that one trick pony clown. It’s either all out blitz or his defenses get torched, this isn’t anything new with him. Zuniga and Greenard or not that gameplan was embarrassing. Rushed 3 and 4 all night and sat in soft zone with huge cushions and just let LSU march up and down the field. We sent two damn blitzes all night. He coached like a pu**y. Done with him.

Yep he usually gets in trouble blitzing too much but decides he is going to trick them having the LBs staying back even though it wasnt working the entire game. It seemed like after that first drive LSU hardly even had any 3rd downs that game.

I believe they finished with two all night. And we forced them to punt like once or something. They ran 40 something plays and scored 42 points. Pathetic.

I believe they finished with two all night. And we forced them to punt like once or something. They ran 40 something plays and scored 42 points. Pathetic.
I like Grantham but not sure why we didn't change things up after they scored 3 TD's. Can't just let the other QB sit back and rush your front 3-4 the whole game when you're not getting pressure.

LSU has legit NFL talent all over the field, the most experienced team in the SEC and the only team in the conference with a chance to compete with Alabama. We have some guys in that category, but not enough yet. I was proud of the way our guys gave it their all in such a hostile environment, but they were just a better team. Still, we were close - a holding call, a few missed tackles, 2 errant throws.
Since Mullen took over, it's been great coaching...outside of the defensive scheme in that game we are getting better. Some might disagree but our defense has saved our ass. Grantham didn't call a great game this time but he's a great coach. Just my opinion.

Go play with your rattle. Your team (not you) won this year and lost last year. Fact. Now go play in traffic like a good little corndoggie..

They had huge holes but made plays...their RB's didn't go down easy. Clearly LSU has a great offense from scheme to players.
A couple of those big runs were because the LBs were too worried about the passing and slow to react allowing that HB blocker to already be well past the line of scrimmage when blocking a LB. That was on Grantham who usually gets burned being too aggressive and not passive.

I don't think I agree. Grantham's gameplan was not great, but he was handcuffed by his players. Everyone keeps saying our secondary is elite....really??
Dean couldn't cover his shadow. Henderson couldn't tackle a pylon (plenty of evidence of that in the Miami and LSU games). Wilson isn't the same player he was pre-injury. There is no Haden or Jenkins (heck, even Ryan Smith) back there. If Grantham gets more aggressive, our DBs are toasted even more than they already were.

And I really like Mullen, I think he is the right coach for the team. Obviously a much better fit than Frost or Chip would have been (the way he's gotten so much out of Trask and Franks is nothing short of amazing). But one of my big complaints with him (other than recruiting...he sure ain't Urban) is how undisciplined the team seems to be in terms of the trash talk. Henderson is getting beat like a drum, but that didn't stop him from talking smack to Chase....who promptly burned him for a 50 yard plus touchdown. So many examples of talking a big game and not backing it up.

Lots of things could have been better about the LSU game, but I'm willing to let it slide cause of the injuries to Greenard and Zuniga. The game against UGA will tell us a lot.

Can I be like you when I grow up? You just exude confidence and manliness. I bet you get all the ladies? I'm soooo jealous.

giphy.gif

I don't think I agree. Grantham's gameplan was not great, but he was handcuffed by his players. Everyone keeps saying our secondary is elite....really??
Dean couldn't cover his shadow. Henderson couldn't tackle a pylon (plenty of evidence of that in the Miami and LSU games). Wilson isn't the same player he was pre-injury. There is no Haden or Jenkins (heck, even Ryan Smith) back there. If Grantham gets more aggressive, our DBs are toasted even more than they already were.

And I really like Mullen, I think he is the right coach for the team. Obviously a much better fit than Frost or Chip would have been (the way he's gotten so much out of Trask and Franks is nothing short of amazing). But one of my big complaints with him (other than recruiting...he sure ain't Urban) is how undisciplined the team seems to be in terms of the trash talk. Henderson is getting beat like a drum, but that didn't stop him from talking smack to Chase....who promptly burned him for a 50 yard plus touchdown. So many examples of talking a big game and not backing it up.

Lots of things could have been better about the LSU game, but I'm willing to let it slide cause of the injuries to Greenard and Zuniga. The game against UGA will tell us a lot.
CJ Henderson is very good. Every DB gets burned. I agree that Dean is very bad in coverage and he got benched in the LSU game. I also agree that Marco Wilson just isn’t the same player he was before the injury. That could be for a number of reasons. Our safety play was a major concern coming into the season. And nothing has alleviated those concerns.

A couple of those big runs were because the LBs were too worried about the passing and slow to react allowing that HB blocker to already be well past the line of scrimmage when blocking a LB. That was on Grantham who usually gets burned being too aggressive and not passive.
We weren't aggressive....we played protect and Burrows/LSU lit us up. That's what I saw.

Sorry dont agree...we have players, we are thin at spots but we we're not just out out of position and we didn't play aggressive. LSU is good but we played like shit on defense...42 points!....and I could be wrong but we're better than that.

They might have won anyways. Big busted plays for TD's. Just thought we would bring pressure in the 2nd half and try something different. That's the kind of D we typically bring. Didn't happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT