ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ LSU....

I don't think I agree. Grantham's gameplan was not great, but he was handcuffed by his players. Everyone keeps saying our secondary is elite....really??
Dean couldn't cover his shadow. Henderson couldn't tackle a pylon (plenty of evidence of that in the Miami and LSU games). Wilson isn't the same player he was pre-injury. There is no Haden or Jenkins (heck, even Ryan Smith) back there. If Grantham gets more aggressive, our DBs are toasted even more than they already were.

And I really like Mullen, I think he is the right coach for the team. Obviously a much better fit than Frost or Chip would have been (the way he's gotten so much out of Trask and Franks is nothing short of amazing). But one of my big complaints with him (other than recruiting...he sure ain't Urban) is how undisciplined the team seems to be in terms of the trash talk. Henderson is getting beat like a drum, but that didn't stop him from talking smack to Chase....who promptly burned him for a 50 yard plus touchdown. So many examples of talking a big game and not backing it up.

Lots of things could have been better about the LSU game, but I'm willing to let it slide cause of the injuries to Greenard and Zuniga. The game against UGA will tell us a lot.
The losses of Greenard and Zuniga are big...we're thin in lot of areas and inexperienced in others. Meyer is an amazing recruiter (maybe the best ever) but he had the benefit of riding he coat tales of Spurrier...and Zook, while nobody will every be SOS, Zook recruited lots of talent, he was a machine, slept like 4 hours a night... Mullen doesn't have that benefit...he's almost rebuilding the brand. Our starting 22 are good...but if a guy goes down...the next man up might not be nearly as good...we don't know. Coaching has been great IMO...recruiting is getting to where it should be, Grantham called a bad game....no in game adjustments but he's a great D Coordinator IMO. They are working with pieces and the players missed tons of tackles last week. We missed people in the backfield and behind the sticks a bunch....LSU is good but if we wrapped up like we did with Auburn we would have won. Either way..it was a game and they were better than us that day. Looking forward to what kind of team we have this year. You're wrong though...almost no flags...like 1 or 2. We had a lot more flags weeks before. That holding hurt us in the 4th...and the INT killed us but we have a tough team...these kids are getting coached right IMO.

People are a little too critical IMO. We're 6-1 and have 4 tough more games ahead of us. Oh...FSU you suck...we're going to beat the brakes off you b*tches! lol You're not a tough one.

Last edited:
I don't think I agree. Grantham's gameplan was not great, but he was handcuffed by his players. Everyone keeps saying our secondary is elite....really??
Dean couldn't cover his shadow. Henderson couldn't tackle a pylon (plenty of evidence of that in the Miami and LSU games). Wilson isn't the same player he was pre-injury. There is no Haden or Jenkins (heck, even Ryan Smith) back there. If Grantham gets more aggressive, our DBs are toasted even more than they already were.

And I really like Mullen, I think he is the right coach for the team. Obviously a much better fit than Frost or Chip would have been (the way he's gotten so much out of Trask and Franks is nothing short of amazing). But one of my big complaints with him (other than recruiting...he sure ain't Urban) is how undisciplined the team seems to be in terms of the trash talk. Henderson is getting beat like a drum, but that didn't stop him from talking smack to Chase....who promptly burned him for a 50 yard plus touchdown. So many examples of talking a big game and not backing it up.

Lots of things could have been better about the LSU game, but I'm willing to let it slide cause of the injuries to Greenard and Zuniga. The game against UGA will tell us a lot.

Secondary can’t cover when we’re giving 8 yard cushions and only rushing 4 and even 3 in a lot of cases. That’s not on the DB’s. On the most important 3rd down of the game we rushed 3 and had Moon dropping back into coverage to pick up their slot receiver. In what world should a linebacker be asked to cover a slot receiver? Predictably they converted.

Secondary can’t cover when we’re giving 8 yard cushions and only rushing 4 and even 3 in a lot of cases. That’s not on the DB’s. On the most important 3rd down of the game we rushed 3 and had Moon dropping back into coverage to pick up their slot receiver. In what world should a linebacker be asked to cover a slot receiver? Predictably they converted.
Not to mention that with Greenard and Zuniga on the sideline Moon became our best pass rusher. So to your point, bad enough he was dropping into coverage, but now we also took our best on field pass rusher and moved him far away from the QB. It was mind boggling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT