ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ LSU....

We lost because of Grantham and his crappy Defensive gameplan. He’s good for a few headscratchers a year.

Thank God we hired Dan Mullen, the offensive guru that can only put up 28 points against a decent team. Too bad we can't hire the legit offensive guru that is the OC at LSU that in 1 year turned them around. I'm sure the sunshine pumpers will claim Dan just needs 20 more years to have a top 10 offense.

Don’t let tonight beat you at SC

In it very much so until the end zone interception

Then the back breaker

LSU not used to this so they’ll thug it up and act like Georgia, proclaiming themselves champions

Beat Mizzou and UGA and maybe play them again
Agreed.

Circus shit at the end. Mullen got too cute a few times in this one. Trask was balling. Just got to run ball plays. Defense lost it though... or LSU won it. They’re good.

Reactions: sadgator
Oh boy

Heather Dinich to tell us everything we already know about the wins and losses
Thanks Heather, so UGA losing does not help them...thanks

Reactions: sadgator and fsumc
The injuries hurt but we're losing because the game plan is shit. Grantham has not come after that damn QB all game. Just rush four and play zone with these huge ass cushions and they're moving up and down the field. Once again getting too cute. He's a sold defensive coordinator but like I said last year we can upgrade. Dude overthinks shit. Has a good secondary and won't even give them a chance.
Cant believe we ran 4 almost all game and barely blitz, tackling is still an issue. NO heat on the QB and their offense was good. Have to give that to them. They earned it.

Two best pass rushers out will cause that.

No Grantham caused that. By my count we sent one blitz all night and it came from the safety 15 yards back. Garbage ass gameplan all around. We didn't force him to make one tough throw all night. He didn't give our DB's a chance to do anything with all that zone and 8 yard cushions.

Oh boy

Heather Dinich to tell us everything we already know about the wins and losses
Thanks Heather, so UGA losing does not help them...thanks
She really is the worst. Provides absolutely zero substance to any conversation.

In it very much so until the end zone interception

Then the back breaker

LSU not used to this so they’ll thug it up and act like Georgia, proclaiming themselves champions

Beat Mizzou and UGA and maybe play them again

Yep we still control everything.

I like where we are headed as a program for sure. We have QBs. Need an oline and need some DTs but for Trask to do that with no running game is impressive.

Yes

And hell, our kids almost beat a fully flowered ready to win right now LSU in Baton Rouge

They make one big mistake and we do not and we probably do win

Still a year or two away from the depth and repetition needed to lose as many to injury and have a net negative turnover result on the road against a good team and still win

Will be a tough out the rest of the year

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
West divison losses get us all the time.....East still up for grabs. Uga good, Mizzou good, USC average, Vandy sucks.

Gotta beat Zou and Uga.

So very depressing. As much progress as we have made, this kind of disaster shows us just how far we have yet to go to get back to where we belong.

Count me as one who is surprised twice today. Once with UGLY losing to SCAR, and now this game. While losing isn't so surprising to me, the complete and total absence of our defence is a mystery I cannot figure out. Even in a loss I expected it to be a rather low scoring game. No turnovers. No sacks. No pressures. Horrific run defense.

With Georgia losing today, we are not out of the SEC race by any means, but the injuries to this team is just freaking unbelievable. I always expect 2-5 players to get hurt playing LSU each year as they are dirtier than an abandoned outhouse, but how have we been so snake bitten this year that all of our best defensive players just keep going down with the exact same injury? As soon as we get one back, down another goes.

Now we are at a real threat to possibly lose to South Caroliney next weekend thanks to all these injuries.

She really is the worst. Provides absolutely zero substance to any conversation.

Yeah but I am sure she will fill us in on the deep nuance that is...either Oklahoma or Ohio State or Clemson or Alabama or LSU look really good right now and that the winner of LSU Alabama will be better off than the loser

In this type of game use all of your weapons.

Trask is your best weapon. I understand using Jones in spots to get the running game going but to sit Trask for the series was a bad move. It’s the first time all season I’ve seen Jones out there on our side of the 50 (with Trask healthy) and Trask was balling. That was not the spot.

Granthan had Moon dropping into coverage several times tonight. That was odd. And what's up with the 3 man rush??? Again, very out of character.

I mean seriously, probably the two best cornerbacks and 2 edge rushers in the SEC this year, and we have YET to have a single complete game where Henderson, Wilson, Zuniga, and Greenard all were able to play together.

Whatever. At least up until the middle of the 3rd quarter, we were definitely holding our own offensively and still looked like a top 10 team, even if we lost. The 4th quarter though shattered that thought. We probably fall to anywhere from 12 to 15 come tomorrow as all the haters nationwide finally have that one loss on our schedule to vindicate their jealousy.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
So very depressing. As much progress as we have made, this kind of disaster shows us just how far we have yet to go to get back to where we belong.

Count me as one who is surprised twice today. Once with UGLY losing to SCAR, and now this game. While losing isn't so surprising to me, the complete and total absence of our defence is a mystery I cannot figure out. Even in a loss I expected it to be a rather low scoring game. No turnovers. No sacks. No pressures. Horrific run defense.

With Georgia losing today, we are not out of the SEC race by any means, but the injuries to this team is just freaking unbelievable. I always expect 2-5 players to get hurt playing LSU each year as they are dirtier than an abandoned outhouse, but how have we been so snake bitten this year that all of our best defensive players just keep going down with the exact same injury? As soon as we get one back, down another goes.

Now we are at a real threat to possibly lose to South Caroliney next weekend thanks to all these injuries.

I think you meant the loss of our defense

The pass rush injuries really did hurt, but were compounded by some odd scheming and too much poor tackling. Combine it and give up a lot of points, albeit to a really good team

Really do think with the edge rushers in LSU still does well but maybe 31 points well instead of 42

Trask is your best weapon. I understand using Jones in spots to get the running game going but to sit Trask for the series was a bad move. It’s the first time all season I’ve seen Jones out there on our side of the 50 (with Trask healthy) and Trask was balling. That was not the spot.
It is a smart idea to mix things up. I have no problem with the occasional Emory series.

We will handle SCar.

kb851,

You are right !

Don't let LSU beat us twice !

USC e has as many problems as we do - emotionally drained after 2 OT win "Between the Hedges", injuries - down to 3rd string QB.

We can take some comfort in our offensive performance - 457 yds of total offense, but interception in red zone killed us.

Not having Greenard & Zuniga hurt us badly; defensive game plan sucked !

It is a smart idea to mix things up. I have no problem with the occasional Emory series.

Also we had just gone 3 and out the last drive so it wasn't like he killed any rhythm and LSU was turning up the heat with the blitz. You play the mobile QB because defenses won't blitz him because one missed tackle and he goes for 50. Don't have any issue with it and it's not why we lost the game.

We lost because Grantham was shit and our last two possessions inside the 10 we got zero points. Trask was awesome but that interception changed the game. We had their defense on their heels and were about to tie it up and from there all we need is one stop.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
We got beat. Accept it, they outplayed and coached us. Their offense is legit.

No one arguing against that

I think BECAUSE of that the fact we were 14 yards away from tying the game midway through the fourth quarter shows we were unapologetically pretty damn good too

And the holding v. No pick call did hurt

They won, are good, and an undermanned Gator team still nearly knocked them off...there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT