ADVERTISEMENT

Felony charges???

Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif

By Trey Wallace and Oliver Connolly

The nine University of Florida Football players who are facing allegations of having misused school funds, are expected to receive criminal charges as early as the end of this week, sources have told The Read Optional.

Antonio Callaway, Jordan Smith, and one other player are to be charged with felony grand theft, with the possibility of further misdemeanour charges being tagged on, according to a lawyer representing one of the players. It’s anticipated that the other six players will also be charged, but only three players have hired legal counsel thus far.

The investigation began back in mid-August when seven players were suspended indefinitely from team activities for purchasing electronic items with their school debit cards, selling them for cash, then claiming the cards as stolen, sources have confirmed to The Read Optional.

Sources also confirm that all the money for the debit card scheme has been paid back in full. It remains unclear how much was paid, or who paid it — whether the players each paid the individual amount they took, or whether the total was divided between all the players.

Two weeks ago, the investigation uncovered another pair of players — Jordan Scarlett and Rick Wells — after the school discovered that the money returned by the original seven did not match the total of missing funds. Scarlett and Wells were suspended immediately and indefinitely from team activities, joining the original seven in missing Florida’s opening two games of the season.

This morning, we reported that several players were also being investigated in a separate credit card fraud case being run in conjunction by the Gainesville Police Department and the University of Florida Police Department.

Both police departments uncovered the stolen credit card details from the same victim while operating its own individual investigations — the GPD into Jordan Smith paying his rent with stolen credit card details; and the UFPD into the student debit card scheme, an investigation that broadened over time.

The investigation into the stolen credit card information is ongoing, with other student-athletes to be interviewed on Wednesday.

Charges for the misuse of school funds (again, a separate investigation) are expected to be filed later this week, next week at the latest.

It is anticipated that three players will be charged for both cases. It is unclear if any or all of the remaining six players will be charged in the credit card case along with the school funds charge.

By Trey Wallace and Oliver Connolly

The nine University of Florida Football players who are facing allegations of having misused school funds, are expected to receive criminal charges as early as the end of this week, sources have told The Read Optional.

Antonio Callaway, Jordan Smith, and one other player are to be charged with felony grand theft, with the possibility of further misdemeanour charges being tagged on, according to a lawyer representing one of the players. It’s anticipated that the other six players will also be charged, but only three players have hired legal counsel thus far.

The investigation began back in mid-August when seven players were suspended indefinitely from team activities for purchasing electronic items with their school debit cards, selling them for cash, then claiming the cards as stolen, sources have confirmed to The Read Optional.

Sources also confirm that all the money for the debit card scheme has been paid back in full. It remains unclear how much was paid, or who paid it — whether the players each paid the individual amount they took, or whether the total was divided between all the players.

Two weeks ago, the investigation uncovered another pair of players — Jordan Scarlett and Rick Wells — after the school discovered that the money returned by the original seven did not match the total of missing funds. Scarlett and Wells were suspended immediately and indefinitely from team activities, joining the original seven in missing Florida’s opening two games of the season.

This morning, we reported that several players were also being investigated in a separate credit card fraud case being run in conjunction by the Gainesville Police Department and the University of Florida Police Department.

Both police departments uncovered the stolen credit card details from the same victim while operating its own individual investigations — the GPD into Jordan Smith paying his rent with stolen credit card details; and the UFPD into the student debit card scheme, an investigation that broadened over time.

The investigation into the stolen credit card information is ongoing, with other student-athletes to be interviewed on Wednesday.

Charges for the misuse of school funds (again, a separate investigation) are expected to be filed later this week, next week at the latest.

It is anticipated that three players will be charged for both cases. It is unclear if any or all of the remaining six players will be charged in the credit card case along with the school funds charge.

Nobody thought it would look a little suspicious, 9 players all reporting their credit cards stolen, all having bought electronics? Morons. Also, DO NOT pay for your rent with a stolen credit card. Your name is on the lease. Life lessons.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
"This morning, we reported that several players were also being investigated in a separate credit card fraud case being run in conjunction by the Gainesville Police Department and the University of Florida Police Department."

Are these different athletes than the 9 already reported?

"This morning, we reported that several players were also being investigated in a separate credit card fraud case being run in conjunction by the Gainesville Police Department and the University of Florida Police Department."

Are these different athletes than the 9 already reported?
Same ones. As the reports states, there are two separate investigations. One, the more minor of the two, is the use of the University debit card to buy stuff, resell it and then report it stolen. It looks like the guys with just this charge will have some kind of misdemeanor charge. All nine guys did this.

The more series of the two is the credit card fraud. The use of a stolen credit card to pay rent and other things. There seems to be two and maybe three of the nine guys in the debit card scam that might be indicted for felony credit card fraud.

Same ones. As the reports states, there are two separate investigations. One, the more minor of the two, is the use of the University debit card to buy stuff, resell it and then report it stolen. It looks like the guys with just this charge will have some kind of misdemeanor charge. All nine guys did this.

The more series of the two is the credit card fraud. The use of a stolen credit card to pay rent and other things. There seems to be two and maybe three of the nine guys in the debit card scam that might be indicted for felony credit card fraud.
Gotcha. Makes sense.

As I said long ago, and got crap from the usual jerkers for. :rolleyes:
This is what you get when you didn't do the correct things to start with, with Thug-a-way / Dumb-a-way. He should have been shown the door right along with TH. o_O

WR Antonio Calaway - GONZO
DE Jordan Smith - GONZO

The rest ((IF they manage to dodge felony charges) should be put on a 1" leach and told that a single toe outta line for the rest of their UF careers and they are GONZO. :cool:

The alternative is 'to put the inmates in charge of the asylum,' and I've seen where that ends up... :confused: :oops: :(

The players involved in the fraud will probably be charged with a felony. I doubt any of them ever suit up for us again

Is it possible that some of the players were using the same cards after they were reported stolen?

If I am not mistaken , isnt felony grand theft over 10k or 5? We know who the ringleaders are. Younger guys maybe scared straight?

If I am not mistaken , isnt felony grand theft over 10k or 5? We know who the ringleaders are. Younger guys maybe scared straight?

Nope just 300 dollars for a Felony 3rd degree grand theft in Florida and I think credit card fraud can be a felony 3rd degree as low as 100 dollars. A first timer will usually get offered a plea of a misdemeanor however on those charges many times if the amounts aren't real high.

You're slipping, insta. Your GONZO fonts need to be bigger and multi-colored.

Alright! Another joins the circle jerkers on the ignored list. And it's another one of the whiny brain-dead CLOWN-U criminoles. :confused:

Calloway- 2 felony counts
Scarlett- 2 felony counts
Smith- 5 felony counts
Davis- 2 felony counts
Desir Jones- 2 felony counts
Houston- 2 felony counts
Miller - 2 felony counts
Wells- 2 felony counts
Telfort - Multiple felony counts pending

Sounding Like Callaway was done as as of last week even before these charges came down. I think Smith and Telfort will probably get booted also and the rest of the players will be suspended until they can get their charges reduced to misdemeanors - if they can.

Last edited:
upload_2017-9-25_14-20-43-png.7243

upload_2017-9-25_14-21-6-png.7244

Scarlett's affidavit - They may have trouble getting the charges reduced to misdemeanors after reading that.

Scarlett's was just under a $ 2,000 fraud and he did it on his GF's account it sounds like instead of his own. Told her it was funds from an agent.

Last edited:
Welp, looks like that awesome recruiting Mac attack gets to sign 9 more players for 2018*

*assuming we have enough EEs from 2017

Prosecute 'em all, kick 'em off the team and out of the university and move on. This has been a total embarrassment to this great institution and I have no sympathy for any of them. I don't want these type of selfish, idiotic people representing my university.

How does a college football player get the credit card numbers from people around the country ?

That's what surprises me. Debit card from the school is one thing. But identity theft ?

Welp, looks like that awesome recruiting Mac attack gets to sign 9 more players for 2018*

*assuming we have enough EEs from 2017

and now Corral has taken his commitment to Florida out of his bio, along with a few others..

it's about to all come crashing down on mac if this is true

The only thing that should truly worry Gator fans is if any coaches knew of this and didn't follow the law right away.

I don't think any did anything wrong from what I've seen, but early on there were whispers of coaches knowing well before they were suspended.

I think that would hurt more from a recruiting perspective than an NCAA one honestly.

The only thing that should truly worry Gator fans is if any coaches knew of this and didn't follow the law right away.

I don't think any did anything wrong from what I've seen, but early on there were whispers of coaches knowing well before they were suspended.

I think that would hurt more from a recruiting perspective than an NCAA one honestly.

I would love it if Mac knew ahead of time and didn't report it right away.

Reactions: RHT 3

This wpould be great as it would be on Mac

I would love it if Mac knew ahead of time and didn't report it right away.

The only thing I'll say on this is that the original story that was out there was a much more sanitized version, that they had misused their own scholarship money. This seems more like straight up theft/fraud.

Reactions: sadgator
The only thing I'll say on this is that the original story that was out there was a much more sanitized version, that they had misused their own scholarship money. This seems more like straight up theft/fraud.
Sure Does!

upload_2017-9-25_14-20-43-png.7243

upload_2017-9-25_14-21-6-png.7244

Scarlett's affidavit - They may have trouble getting the charges reduced to misdemeanors after reading that.

Scarlett's was just under a $ 2,000 fraud and he did it on his GF's account it sounds like instead of his own. Told her it was funds from an agent.

Yep, that's felony credit card fraud aliright.

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT