ADVERTISEMENT

Felony charges???

Everybody needs to read the article Fever links above.

It is VERY bothersome. There are tons of unanswered questions that go beyond the simple fraud.

First of all, where in the hell did they get the credit card information in the first place?

Secondly, where did they get the cash to pay back the disputed "chargeback" amounts?

Third, with all these guys involved, shouldn't there be a conspiracy charge? It is impossible to believe that they all acted independent of one another. It is also impossible to believe that more players didn't try to charge things at other places...not just the bookstore.

Fourth, with the whole "agent" thing being mentioned, don't you think the NCAA will want to at least investigate?

sadgator is sincerely concerned that we have only just seen the tip of the iceberg and that there are bigger and more significant problems which may lie ahead.

None of these guys can ever suit up for Florida again. It is simply too risky...even if the underlying charges are reduced to misdemeanors.

Last edited:
Everybody needs to read the article Fever links above.

It is VERY bothersome. There are tons of unanswered questions that go beyond the simple fraud.

First of all, where in the hell did they get the credit card information in the first place?

Secondly, where did they get the cash to pay back the disputed "chargeback" amounts?

Third, with all these guys involved, shouldn't there be a conspiracy charge? It is impossible to believe that they all acted independent of one another. It is also impossible to believe that more players didn't try to charge things at other places...not just the bookstore.

Fourth, with the whole "agent" thing being mentioned, don't you think the NCAA will want to at least investigate?

sadgator is sincerely concerned that we have only just seen the tip of the iceberg and that there are bigger and more significant problems which may lie ahead.

None of these guys can ever suit up for Florida again. It is simply too risky...even if the underlying charges are reduced to misdemeanors.
First, the same way all credit card thieves get cc information.

Second, if I read correctly from other articles didn't they sell many of the electronics they "purchased"?

Third, who knows

Fourth, wasn't credit card numbers traced back to other people's cc accounts? Wouldn't most smart agents use cash and not an easy paper trail. Fourth 2.0, what agent in their right mind would deal with maybe the tenth best RB in the SEC? I mean behind Chubb, Sony, John Kelley, Bama's entire RB Depth cart, Ralph Webb, etc are all better. Dude hasn't even scored a TD since like October. Dude just wasn't that good to have an undercover agent. If Callaway said something about an agent I'd be alarmed. It's possible but I believe it was more of a ploy to trick his not so smart girlfriend. Who knows though. I mean the extra funds go directly back to a credit card. Most agents would be giving cash if they had any bit of sense...even a dumb player wouldn't take the obvious paper trail.

Reactions: sadgator
First, the same way all credit card thieves get cc information.

Second, if I read correctly from other articles didn't they sell many of the electronics they "purchased"?

Third, who knows

Fourth, wasn't credit card numbers traced back to other people's cc accounts? Wouldn't most smart agents use cash and not an easy paper trail. Fourth 2.0, what agent in their right mind would deal with maybe the tenth best RB in the SEC? I mean behind Chubb, Sony, John Kelley, Bama's entire RB Depth cart, Ralph Webb, etc are all better. Dude hasn't even scored a TD since like October. Dude just wasn't that good to have an undercover agent. If Callaway said something about an agent I'd be alarmed. It's possible but I believe it was more of a ploy to trick his not so smart girlfriend. Who knows though. I mean the extra funds go directly back to a credit card. Most agents would be giving cash if they had any bit of sense...even a dumb player wouldn't take the obvious paper trail.
Good points...and lol....the police become immediately suspect, "wait a minute, you're a Florida player, correct? Because you suck so much, you couldn't possibly have an agent."

Reactions: TennesseeGator
True Fr OT Kadeem Telfort is facing 30 possible felony charges, while rsFr DE Jordan Smith is facing 5.
Both are accused of making fraudulent charges to multiple stolen credit card numbers. Smith is also being investigated by Gainesville police for allegations he used a stolen credit card to pay rent. --- That is an ongoing investigation that does not involve any other UF players, GPD confirmed last week.

The other 7 are all facing 2 possible third-degree felony charges.
Six of the 7 other players — Callaway, Scarlett, Davis, Houston, Miller and Desir-Jones — all made a single charge to a stolen credit card number ranging from $500 to $2,000, the complaints allege. While rsFr Wells attempted to use the card twice, the complaint said.

UF policy bans students from participating in any school activities if they are facing felony charges.

“We obviously took this matter very seriously as evidenced by Coach McElwain’s decision to suspend the players immediately and indefinitely from all team activities,” UF Athletic Director Scott Stricklin said. “We have respected the appropriate process from the beginning and will continue to do so.”

The guy lied about the agent to try to conceal his credit card theft.

Super strategy.

kF8P0x1SYAJINSx3HGoA_Golf%20Backfire.gif

The South Florida player superiority myth has been exposed imo....

It's not where you've from that matters to me, it's who and what you are that matters. o_O

South Florida players can be either good or bad, both on and off the field. That's the same for players from anywhere else in the state or in the world. Right now, the Tampa Bay area is looking a lot better for the Gator's than S.FL is.... But again, it's NOT WHERE you are from that matters, but WHO and WHAT you are! :cool:

Just like no school nor any coaching staff can control what any student/athlete's CHOOSE to do on their own time. It's what the school and the program choose to do in the personal responsibility and consequences segment, that reflect on the Gator Nation as a whole. o_O

Silver Lining,,, maybe? -- The 2018 recruit class size is now projected at 25-27. :)

Marco Wilson, CJ Henderson, Vosean Joseph, Eddy Pineiro, Shawn Davis, TJ Slaton are from South Florida and they seem to be doing Ok.

It's not where you've from that matters to me, it's who and what you are that matters. o_O

South Florida players can be either good or bad, both on and off the field. That's the same for players from anywhere else in the state or in the world. Right now, the Tampa Bay area is looking a lot better for the Gator's than S.FL is.... But again, it's NOT WHERE you are from that matters, but WHO and WHAT you are! :cool:

Just like no school nor any coaching staff can control what any student/athlete's CHOOSE to do on their own time. It's what the school and the program choose to do in the personal responsibility and consequences segment, that reflect on the Gator Nation as a whole. o_O

Silver Lining,,, maybe? -- The 2018 recruit class size is now projected at 25-27. :)

Gators making headline news.

I think Mac has left Meyer's felonies total in the dust along with the gun charges, rape accusations and performance enhancing drugs suspension.

Some people must always make the swim, because they are forever missing the boat...

True Fr OT Kadeem Telfort is facing 30 possible felony charges, while rsFr DE Jordan Smith is facing 5.
Both are accused of making fraudulent charges to multiple stolen credit card numbers. Smith is also being investigated by Gainesville police for allegations he used a stolen credit card to pay rent. --- That is an ongoing investigation that does not involve any other UF players, GPD confirmed last week.

The other 7 are all facing 2 possible third-degree felony charges.
Six of the 7 other players — Callaway, Scarlett, Davis, Houston, Miller and Desir-Jones — all made a single charge to a stolen credit card number ranging from $500 to $2,000, the complaints allege. While rsFr Wells attempted to use the card twice, the complaint said.

UF policy bans students from participating in any school activities if they are facing felony charges.

“We obviously took this matter very seriously as evidenced by Coach McElwain’s decision to suspend the players immediately and indefinitely from all team activities,” UF Athletic Director Scott Stricklin said. “We have respected the appropriate process from the beginning and will continue to do so.”
Jordan Smith just had 4 more felony charges recommended against him by the Gainesville Police Dept. I think he's in deep trouble. http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/09/ufs-jordan-smith-faces-additional-complaints-time-gpd/

Jordan Smith just had 4 more felony charges recommended against him by the Gainesville Police Dept. I think he's in deep trouble. http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/09/ufs-jordan-smith-faces-additional-complaints-time-gpd/

70 or so felonies on this stuff has to be a record for felonies in a season for a football team I would think.

They are running articles now where the victims are speaking out saying they don't necessarly want them ruined for life but they wouldn't want them on their college team etc.

So you think Mac should have clean hands in this mess? All time NCAA felony record coming it appears but he shouldn't be held accountable for anything because they weren't practicing or competing in a game when they did it? Of course almost any University would have the players suspended now. Did you feel that way when Mac had players pulling guns on their girlfriends and the rest? How many felonies would it take in the players non football time off for you to think Mac should take any responsibilty at all - 100 or so ?

So you think Mac should have clean hands in this mess? All time NCAA felony record coming it appears but he shouldn't be held accountable for anything because they weren't practicing or competing in a game when they did it? Of course almost any University would have the players suspended now. Did you feel that way when Mac had players pulling guns on their girlfriends and the rest? How many felonies would it take in the players non football time off for you to think Mac should take any responsibilty at all - 100 or so ?

You sound just like the liberal idiots and fake news Trump haters sound. :rolleyes:

What I said, and try to pay some attention this time around:
"Just like no school nor any coaching staff can control what any student/athlete's CHOOSE to do on their own time.

"It's what the school and the program choose to do in the personal responsibility and consequences segment, that reflect on the Gator Nation as a whole." o_O

I would only blame the coaching staff, IF THEY KNEW BEFORE HAND, that the fraud was going on. More so, IF they encouraged it or IF they approved of it in order to pay the players in some back-handed way.

The PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY of those committing the 3rd degree felonies is exactly where the blame lies imoho. o_O

The UF and Mc suspended all of those involved just as soon as they became aware of the problem. They have been suspended INDEFINITELY, pending the State Attorney's and/or the courts decisions.

Now, if you were the coach, how would YOU have prevented it?
And how would YOU have reacted to it? o_O

So no, with what I know about it so far, I hold both Mc and UF NOT RESPONSIBLE for what those student/athletes did on their own time last summer. And if they are found guilty, then I'm just fine with ANY or ALL of them being expelled from UF permanently.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocalaman
This is complete nonsense. Penn State didn't have any trouble hiring good candidates, and they were coming off a solid year of headlines about their coaches enabling, covering up and participating in child rape.

Ok. Think real hard and see what ridiculous explanation you can come up for that one. I'm sure you'll try.

I was actually thinking about Ohio State hiring Meyer after Tattoogate and it all seemed to work out. But yours is better.

Bill O'Brien was a big time hire for Penn State?
I don't see why not. No smaller than Charlie Weis(no pun intended) or Josh McDaniel.

He was trusted by arguably the GOAT NFL coach to run his offense. He then moved on to lead another NFL team.

I wouldn't sit around and act like he was hired away from William &Mary, coaching exterior linebackers, and was later fired and the best job he got was Eastern Kentucky RB coaching position.

Bill O'Brien was a big time hire for Penn State?

It's hindsight, but he's clearly a mile better than anyone we've hired since Meyer. So is Franklin, although I'm not crazy about him as a person. Even at the time, Obrien had an NFL offer. The point is that the credit card scandal isn't going to make the UF job less marketable even if Mac was hacking VISA and getting the numbers for the players. Penn ST hired after the worst sex abuse scandal since the Catholic Church.

Any ambitious young coach is going to look at what Meyer and Spurrier were able to accomplish at UF and think that they're going to have an opportunity to do something similar. Plus, we pay. This credit card nonsense wouldn't even enter the equation.

Any ambitious young coach is going to look at what Meyer and Spurrier were able to accomplish at UF and think that they're going to have an opportunity to do something similar. Plus, we pay. This credit card nonsense wouldn't even enter the equation.

Its just a lame excuse they use to cover up for shit coaching. "No one would want to come here" my ass. We could have an elite coach in here tomorrow if Stricklin went to mid-field at half time and publicly humiliated Mac and fired him in front of a full stadium. Its just another stupid excuse

You sound just like the liberal idiots and fake news Trump haters sound. :rolleyes:

What I said, and try to pay some attention this time around:
"Just like no school nor any coaching staff can control what any student/athlete's CHOOSE to do on their own time.

"It's what the school and the program choose to do in the personal responsibility and consequences segment, that reflect on the Gator Nation as a whole." o_O

I would only blame the coaching staff, IF THEY KNEW BEFORE HAND, that the fraud was going on. More so, IF they encouraged it or IF the approved of it in order to pay the players in some back-handed way.

The PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY of those committing the 3rd degree felonies is exactly where the blame lies imoho. o_O

The UF and Mc suspended all of those involved just as soon as they became aware of the problem. They have been suspended INDEFINITELY, pending the State Attorney's and/or the courts decisions.

Now, if you were the coach, how would YOU have prevented it?
And how would YOU have reacted to it? o_O

So no, with what I know about it so far, I hold both Mc and UF NOT RESPONSIBLE for what those student/athletes did on their own time last summer. And if they are found guilty, then I'm just fine with ANY or ALL of them being expelled from UF permanently.

So no amount of transgressions matter as long as their was no encouragement etc. or prior knowledge by the coach. That is a pretty low bar.

Not sure how to answer on the prevention part as hopefully Mac kept pointing out to do the right thing but as far as responsibility it has to start falling on the person on the top some when you have this many felony accusations under his watch.

Last edited:
So no amount of transgressions matter as long as their was no encouragement etc. or prior knowledge by the coach. That is a pretty low bar.

Not sure how to answer on the prevention part as hopefully Mac kept pointing out to do the right thing but as far as responsibility it has to start falling on the person on the top some when you have this many felony accusations under his watch.

Those are your own opinions, which you are certainly entitled to, and welcome to. o_O

I believe that you are a FoS Mc-hater on all accounts, but then, that's just my own opinion on your opinions, so it's not a big deal.... :cool:

We will just have to agree, to strongly disagree, on the 'personal responsibility' aspects of the overwhelmingly 'entitled athletes' in this case. :rolleyes:

PS
I'm also not putting those 'entitled athletes' parents in jail for their son's felonies, even though they are rightfully the 'person's at the top' and are most responsible for the upbringing (or the lack thereof), of their felonious children... o_O

Last edited:
Its just a lame excuse they use to cover up for shit coaching. "No one would want to come here" my ass. We could have an elite coach in here tomorrow if Stricklin went to mid-field at half time and publicly humiliated Mac and fired him in front of a full stadium. Its just another stupid excuse
That's your opinion but your opinion isn't shared by the same people that make those important decisions in our athletic department including Stricklin.

Those are your own opinions, which you are certainly entitled to, and welcome to. o_O

I believe that you are a FoS Mc-hater on all accounts, but then, that's just my own opinion on your opinions, so it's not a big deal.... :cool:

We will just have to agree, to strongly disagree, on the 'personal responsibility' aspects of the overwhelmingly 'entitled athletes' in this case. :rolleyes:

PS
I'm also not putting those 'entitled athletes' parents in jail for their son's felonies, even though they are rightfully the 'person's at the top' and are most responsible for the upbringing (or the lack thereof), of their felonious children... o_O

I have seen supervisors in other fields besides football lose their position due to having many people under them being screw ups on their non-work time.

I have seen supervisors in other fields besides football lose their position due to having many people under them being screw ups on their non-work time.

So what??? o_O

Stupidity and/or 'wrong-headedness' is not uncommon in the world, but personal responsibility is the key, and it's the bottom line. Anything else is just whiny, sniveling, clueless liberal BS, in a totally 'wrongheaded' attempt to justify letting the guilty off, while punishing the innocent for crap that's not under their control. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT