ADVERTISEMENT

F$U Game Thread

100% agree. We need another 2 high level corners. Marco, Henderson, someone to take over nickel, move Dean to FS, and suddenly our secondary is elite again. Linebacker is solid with Reese, hopefully Vosean leaves or gets replaced.

Taylor is the biggest one there, otherwise we lose 4 starters on OL. That's gonna be hard to rebuild in one offseason.

I need to get in touch with you, does Danny got your number to give me?

The young LB'ers will be ready to go next year, they've been better than the starters on film in the live snaps they've gotten this year if anyone's actually watched or noticed...

The young LB'ers will be ready to go next year, they've been better than the starters on film in the live snaps they've gotten this year if anyone's actually watched or noticed...
I think James Houston is going to be a good LBer. He’s shown flashes. The other David Reese is going to be good as well.

Same digits.

100% agree. We need another 2 high level corners. Marco, Henderson, someone to take over nickel, move Dean to FS, and suddenly our secondary is elite again. Linebacker is solid with Reese, hopefully Vosean leaves or gets replaced.

Taylor is the biggest one there, otherwise we lose 4 starters on OL. That's gonna be hard to rebuild in one offseason.
Be interesting how we look next year after losing all of our OL. Really we're a 2-3 year rebuild. Consistent recruiting/player development etc. We've had it good on the defensive side of the ball with Chump...Mac was a total pussy, guy was just happy to be at UF but a freaking loser. We have some good things but we're just going to need better talent over all and depth. I think that we finish strong in recruiting. Kids are looking at UF. No matter where our ranking is...Mullen can coach and develop...I like where we're at.

For Mullen to go 9-3 with this roster is very very impressive IMO. I’m happy for the players, etc. but we have a lot of holes on the roster still.

Dan is a very good coach.
I haven't been this excited about Gator Football since Tebow...Dan is a really good coach...I think this is going to be a special run. Things look bright.

Go watch the presser on floridagators.com - watch - gatorvision - Chancey talking mad shit....he's just calling it out. I love it. Nice to beat those scabs

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet, living out in Arizona has caused me to mostly watch the games on record. Judging by the posts I can safely assume we ended the streak.

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet, living out in Arizona has caused me to mostly watch the games on record. Judging by the posts I can safely assume we ended the streak.
I live in Nevada...Gator time bro...my schedule is flexible but yeah I try and watch every game live.

I live in Nevada...Gator time bro...my schedule is flexible but yeah I try and watch every game live.

I try , sometimes things just get in the way. People in the local sports bars laugh at me when I ask them if I could have a reserved television set for Gator football.

We got a freaking chapter of Gamecock fans out here, that clucking chicken horn is aggrevating as crap.

Be interesting how we look next year after losing all of our OL. Really we're a 2-3 year rebuild. Consistent recruiting/player development etc. We've had it good on the defensive side of the ball with Chump...Mac was a total pussy, guy was just happy to be at UF but a freaking loser. We have some good things but we're just going to need better talent over all and depth. I think that we finish strong in recruiting. Kids are looking at UF. No matter where our ranking is...Mullen can coach and develop...I like where we're at.

The staff got 5 underachievers to play well. But they were hardly elite. If you lose 4 starters off an Oline that's top 5 in the nation, it's nearly impossible to be as good the next year. When you lose 4 starters off an Oline that was maybe the #30 best in the country, the falloff won't be as great.

Reactions: PacoGator19
I try , sometimes things just get in the way. People in the local sports bars laugh at me when I ask them if I could have a reserved television set for Gator football.

We got a freaking chapter of Gamecock fans out here, that clucking chicken horn is aggrevating as crap.
Bro go to Reddit.com - site... google search CFB streams...every game live on the net...same with the NFL - Reddit NFL Streams...check it homie

Reactions: PlutoDroid
His situations calls have sucked. I’m tired of everybody blaming Franks. The slow developing run plays on 2nd and 3rd and shorts have sucked and the designs have been bad. How do you block 9 with no lead blocker? A draw play on 2nd and 2 really? No one is expecting pass there, so faking it before running a draw is dumb. Just giving the defense more time to penetrate the backfield which predictably happened. We get in the redzone and throw every single down and predictably don’t score points. Run the damn ball. The drive FSU stopped us all 4 calls were absolute trash and terribly designed. Franks isn’t good but Mullen has not had a good half at all.

You make some fair points

You make some fair points

you check out of them altogether once you see a FG blitz coming, we had at least 4 check out plays today, and others that were WIDE open with multiple guys running free in Red Zone for TD's that franks just flat out missed, not only that, he never even saw them at all. There's only so much you can do, calling plays for him on field, and then he has to be able to read a huge blitz coming on his own with 12 seconds left on play clock, which he still doesn't and can't clearly after 12 games. We've done all we can, believe me. If you only knew

Reactions: seffnergator
you check out of them altogether once you see a FG blitz coming, we had at least 4 check out plays today, and others that were WIDE open with multiple guys running free in Red Zone for TD's that franks just flat out missed, not only that, he never even saw them at all. There's only so much you can do, calling plays for him on field, and then he has to be able to read a huge blitz coming on his own with 12 seconds left on play clock, which he still doesn't and can't clearly after 12 games. We've done all we can, believe me. If you only knew

I agree with you man. I saw them running wide open

You always were a doosh about the pot smoking but i must say, i do enjoy talking football with you.

You always were a doosh about the pot smoking but i must say, i do enjoy talking football with you.

Maybe the reason he knows more football than you is BECAUSE he smokes. Expand your mind FSU numbers. You’ll need as many ways to take the edge off as possible during the lethal simplicity era.

Reactions: sadgator
Big respect to this whole Gator team for the season they just turned in. Solid A efforts from Mullen and Franks. Mullen might be the qb whisperer but Franks still has to pull the trigger, lower the shoulder, etc... Not everybody makes that throw to Jefferson on the broken play. 30 yards and that ball didn’t arc 6 inches. Better first year than Urb, I think, all things considered. Great job Gators.

Reactions: sadgator
I agree with you man. I saw them running wide open

we had a called run as 1st option on that 3rd down before half at midfield, because FSU had shown blitz 1, 2 times MAYBE, and play drop back coverage more than anyone i'd seen on film this year on 3rd and medium or longs.. Franks was supposed to check out of that. I see people, fairly constantly after games talking about the play calling, it's never the play callings fault and hasn't been this year. The plays are there, are always there, with our meshes, dag concepts and double moves working the slot off of our screens. Franks hardly ever checks out, because we are always giving him the reads from the sideline. FSU was mixing in an odd front type for awhile there, and we figured it out in 2nd half and had to tell feliepe to just flat out stop getting happy feet and stay in the pocket to let the crossers come open, and that's exactly what happened from the first drive in 2nd half on.

I see that our fans were panicking at half, while we had about 300 yards and 100 plus from rushing by then, the Red Zone issues weren't from lack of play calling, there was a play I saw from above where we had the TE and the RB wide open running free for untouched TD's, and he threw it literally to the only guy they were on in coverage with that 3-3-5 look. If everyone was watching the game and not the score, then the first possession on from there would have been obvious what was coming, we got all our stuff in early and often and had run a ton of plays, think we had 37 minutes or something in TOP. Believe me, we were a step ahead of their Defense the whole way.

Franks has come a long way and props to Mullen for what he has been able to do with Franks but the program and offense will really take off when Mullen gets “his” QB.

Disagree with a good bit of that. It wasn't just Franks not checking out of stuff, you could tell from our formations what we were doing. Some of the calls like the inside zone we ran from under center from that bunch formation into a 9 man front...that's a Mullen call. And if you go back to our earlier games our tendency in that formation is always either inside zone or a toss to the bunch side. If we throw out of that it's a playaction bomb. Seriously, go back and check it's one of those 3 plays every time. So under any scenario where Franks would audible it would have been one of those two other plays and either one would have been a disaster. And stuff like the slow developing draws we kept doing in the 2nd half even while moving the ball which tells me they were a scripted part of the gameplan.

And again not killing Mullen because I love him and he's a great playcaller but he straight up had a bad first half. It looks like he was prodding the defense to see how he wanted to attack in the second half, which is smart and what most great playcallers do. BUT while doing that it cost us some points in the process, mainly because he did that experimenting in the redzone. Big picture no big deal other than it left them in the game longer than they should have been.

Im just telling you what was in the cards and script today, there were different things today for their fronts. If you have a call that obvious, you have to get out of it and he's told to just take Timeouts if you need to. A lot of those situations in red zone would have never mattered on the 3rd downs, if he just went through his reads first instead of getting run happy, which entirely throws his eyes down instead of down the field where his reads are coming open at that exact moment. He missed another one when he pulled it down on 3rd down and had RB dragging back over wide open for easy first down. It's hard to call plays getting guys open that many times, he just makes it difficult to call plays for. FSU DB's and scheme are just so bad none of it mattered, with Van and Grimes doing what they do. It'll all be on film that ill look at

I never see the tv broadcasts, but when you see him weekly from up above, it's very frustrating, everyone is always shouting NOW NOW, he waits til guys are covered too, many times. But again, the ultimate reason for dominance, and success again, is the run game and the blocking. Our RB's carry the load, Perine especially, and getting Malik back as a sophomore will help that continue, along with the talented young TE's and plenty of wideouts to spread it around to.

we had a called run as 1st option on that 3rd down before half at midfield, because FSU had shown blitz 1, 2 times MAYBE, and play drop back coverage more than anyone i'd seen on film this year on 3rd and medium or longs.. Franks was supposed to check out of that. I see people, fairly constantly after games talking about the play calling, it's never the play callings fault and hasn't been this year. The plays are there, are always there, with our meshes, dag concepts and double moves working the slot off of our screens. Franks hardly ever checks out, because we are always giving him the reads from the sideline. FSU was mixing in an odd front type for awhile there, and we figured it out in 2nd half and had to tell feliepe to just flat out stop getting happy feet and stay in the pocket to let the crossers come open, and that's exactly what happened from the first drive in 2nd half on.

I see that our fans were panicking at half, while we had about 300 yards and 100 plus from rushing by then, the Red Zone issues weren't from lack of play calling, there was a play I saw from above where we had the TE and the RB wide open running free for untouched TD's, and he threw it literally to the only guy they were on in coverage with that 3-3-5 look. If everyone was watching the game and not the score, then the first possession on from there would have been obvious what was coming, we got all our stuff in early and often and had run a ton of plays, think we had 37 minutes or something in TOP. Believe me, we were a step ahead of their Defense the whole way.

That trips to the left formation zone read play was killing us...why was that so successful? What did you see that made so easy to gain yards on that?

Maybe the reason he knows more football than you is BECAUSE he smokes. Expand your mind FSU numbers. You’ll need as many ways to take the edge off as possible during the lethal simplicity era.

I didnt say he knew more...i said i enjoyed talking football with him

Im just telling you what was in the cards and script today, there were different things today for their fronts. If you have a call that obvious, you have to get out of it and he's told to just take Timeouts if you need to. A lot of those situations in red zone would have never mattered on the 3rd downs, if he just went through his reads first instead of getting run happy, which entirely throws his eyes down instead of down the field where his reads are coming open at that exact moment. He missed another one when he pulled it down on 3rd down and had RB dragging back over wide open for easy first down. It's hard to call plays getting guys open that many times, he just makes it difficult to call plays for. FSU DB's and scheme are just so bad none of it mattered, with Van and Grimes doing what they do. It'll all be on film that ill look at

I never see the tv broadcasts, but when you see him weekly from up above, it's very frustrating, everyone is always shouting NOW NOW, he waits til guys are covered too, many times. But again, the ultimate reason for dominance, and success again, is the run game and the blocking. Our RB's carry the load, Perine especially, and getting Malik back as a sophomore will help that continue, along with the talented young TE's and plenty of wideouts to spread it around to.

What in particular makes fsu's schemes so bad? I agree they are i just want to hear it from a top down perspective since you can see that view and study it and we cant. Do you think Barnettt is a good dc and we have bad players? Or is the scheme just trash?

Last edited:
What in particular makes fsu's schemes so bad? I agree they are 8 just want to hear it from a top down perspective since you can see that view and study it and we cant. Do you think Barnettt is a good dc and we have bad players? Or is the scheme just trash?
I’ll answer it for you. He’s not a good DC. D’Antonio runs Michigan St’s D and not anybody else. Taggart hired a really poor coaching staff around him.

I’ll answer it for you. He’s not a good DC. D’Antonio runs Michigan St’s D and not anybody else. Taggart hired a really poor coaching staff around him.

I would prefer to here it from someone who scouted us...no offence, i agree hes not good but i was looking more for detail than just an overall "he sucks". I already knew that

FSU kept stacking the boundary in cover zero and jumped the gap and Ivey made a kick block and turned his back to the hole, soon as Perine hit the LOS no one would have touched him if the field was 900 yards long.

FSU D gives up the middle of the field as if they have 7 ft tall LB's, they are way too conservative and have plenty of talent and speed to be more blitz happy and man bump coverages, they play huge cushions off the line and send four to combat it by bailing the LB's out covering guys they can't keep up with. We just took advantage of all those looks, Grimes and Van were just eating up the middle in those open spots, Toney too on that 3rd down. FSU is way too talented to play a scheme like Middle Tennessee state, they are all undisciplined as hell too. Simply, we liked our matchup going in, all over the place, but were weary of their individual talent on interior. If I were FSU, i'd look elsewhere for future on Defense, gonna have to have it as long as they can't block up front, and keep running that easy to predict offense.

Reactions: fsu939913
FSU kept stacking the boundary in cover zero and jumped the gap and Ivey made a kick block and turned his back to the hole, soon as Perine hit the LOS no one would have touched him if the field was 900 yards long.

FSU D gives up the middle of the field as if they have 7 ft tall LB's, they are way too conservative and have plenty of talent and speed to be more blitz happy and man bump coverages, they play huge cushions off the line and send four to combat it by bailing the LB's out covering guys they can't keep up with. We just took advantage of all those looks, Grimes and Van were just eating up the middle in those open spots, Toney too on that 3rd down. FSU is way too talented to play a scheme like Middle Tennessee state, they are all undisciplined as hell too. Simply, we liked our matchup going in, all over the place, but were weary of their individual talent on interior. If I were FSU, i'd look elsewhere for future on Defense, gonna have to have it as long as they can't block up front, and keep running that easy to predict offense.

Thx for the insight man. I always appreciate things like this. I seriously have never wanted to talk to you more lol I bet our special teams struck fear in you during film sessions lol

This sounds a lot like our problems with Jalen last year. He would stare down his hot read and if he wasn't wide open, he would take off running. And often as he would start running, his 2nd or 3rd read would be coming open downfield, but he never saw it. Tua will move the safety to one side of the field with his eyes while waiting for the 2nd read to run his route, then flip to him and nail him with a perfect pass and he'll be open since the safety isn't there to help in coverage. It's a night and day difference in QB play.

Panic was not unreasonable. How many times have you seen a team dominate the first half in every way except the scoreboard and wind up losing?

Disagree with a good bit of that. It wasn't just Franks not checking out of stuff, you could tell from our formations what we were doing. Some of the calls like the inside zone we ran from under center from that bunch formation into a 9 man front...that's a Mullen call. And if you go back to our earlier games our tendency in that formation is always either inside zone or a toss to the bunch side. If we throw out of that it's a playaction bomb. Seriously, go back and check it's one of those 3 plays every time. So under any scenario where Franks would audible it would have been one of those two other plays and either one would have been a disaster. And stuff like the slow developing draws we kept doing in the 2nd half even while moving the ball which tells me they were a scripted part of the gameplan.

And again not killing Mullen because I love him and he's a great playcaller but he straight up had a bad first half. It looks like he was prodding the defense to see how he wanted to attack in the second half, which is smart and what most great playcallers do. BUT while doing that it cost us some points in the process, mainly because he did that experimenting in the redzone. Big picture no big deal other than it left them in the game longer than they should have been.
We were just out of sync...got it going in the 2nd half. I never thought that we would lose the game but was frustrated that we were in the red zone 4 times and came away with 6 points. Either way we dominated the the whole game. Great win...and unlike Mac or Chump...Mullen comes in and wins the games that we're supposed to, the player execution and development is really special. So impressed with Mullen and his staff...they deserve a ton of credit turning this program around. I was at the LSU game and it was like old times.

That's the biggest thing that I've seen with Franks....he has to see the player open before he throws the ball. Not a lot of QB's in college can throw the ball when the receiver is in route...Grier was the last guy we've had since Tebow that could really do it...Brantley was pretty good but Franks holds the ball to long, misses guys and doesn't see them either, like you've said. Mullen has done a great job with him this year. Where is Jones at?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT