ADVERTISEMENT

F$U Game Thread

Why isn’t Toney getting more touches is my question.

Look at the stats. We have dominated this game but haven’t converted and haven’t been efficient on offense. We haven’t been efficient on defense either.

A month ago, Franks throws that ball 10 yards over the receivers head. He's a different qb right now.

What a great interception.

And now great interception.

If Dean can develop and mature, he'll be a beast for us next year.

You can tell he's talented but has made a lot of rookie mistakes this year.

Why isn’t Toney getting more touches is my question.

Look at the stats. We have dominated this game but haven’t converted and haven’t been efficient on offense. We haven’t been efficient on defense either.
Been thinking that all Season. Get the ball in that kids hands!

It was actually a complement. We are much much better than FSU. We are much much better coached as well.

Anybody who can make Franks look this good is a miracle worker.

A backhanded compliment, but a compliment.

I'm not sure how good he can be but he's a physical cornerback I do like that about him.

He's made plenty of boneheaded mistakes, but I do think if he matures, gets a little smarter about the game, he'll be the cornerstone of this secondary.

Also, nice run by Pierce.

What a great interception.

And now great interception.

If Dean can develop and mature, he'll be a beast for us next year.

You can tell he's talented but has made a lot of rookie mistakes this year.

Hopefully Marco comes back healthy and we close on a few DB’s in recruiting so we can move him to safety. That’s his natural position and he’s had to play out of position due to our injuries.

Franks has pro talent. He can make throws only a few NFL QB’s can make. His problem is and always hasn’t been his head. He lacked confidence and those last clowns had a lot to do with that. Like Mullen said he played long before he was ready.

We’re dominating them. Great. Critiques aimed at decisions. Kick the FG there go up 23, avoid even the potential tragedy of 3 tds and a one point loss.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Dan. Mullen.

Don’t you wish we had Norvell Fever?

I'm so glad that he grew up and learned a few things since he was our OC.

Unbelievable really, considering how disliked he was when he left.

People may forget, but several years ago, he was mentioned for the Miami job, and it was said that he came across as too big of a prick for MIAMI.

And now he's the perfect guy for Florida.

Btw, I'm sure there's criticism on that 4th down call, but he had a guy open in the flat, and had it not been batted down, he gets it and probably goes into the endZone.

Reactions: sadgator and kb851
Hopefully Marco comes back healthy and we close on a few DB’s in recruiting so we can move him to safety. That’s his natural position and he’s had to play out of position due to our injuries.
Agreed. I think Dean has potential but as a safety.

People may forget, but several years ago, he was mentioned for the Miami job, and it was said that he came across as too big of a prick for MIAMI.

Btw, I'm sure there's criticism on that 4th down call, but he had a guy open in the flat, and had it not been batted down, he gets it and probably goes into the endZone.

The play was fine but it’s still a bad call just because you have to take the points and go up 23 there. That puts you up 4 scores. Again, not likely, but some fluke shit happens and 3 TD’s gets you beat. Kick the FG there and they need 3 TD’s AND 3 2-point conversions to win. You’ve just gotta be smart there and that wasn’t the smart play even though the playcall was fine.

I agree with all that but get the points.

28 points in the 2nd half. Franks had his best game of the year and the receivers were stellar. The offensive line played great and Perine & Scarlett were beasts. We've got to improve the secondary and LB play for next year, but this team is light year's ahead of last's years. Coaching makes a HUGE difference and this should provide a nice bump in recruiting. GOOOO Gators!!

Last edited:
28 points in the 2nd half. Franks had his best game of the year and the receivers were stellar. The offensive line played great and Perine & Scarlett were beasts. We've got to beef improve the secondary and LB play for next year, but this team is light year's ahead of last's years. Coaching makes a HUGE difference and this should provide a nice bump in recruiting. GOOOO Gators!!

Mullen's biggest recruiting job may be trying to convince some of those juniors to come back. That'll be the difference between a rebuilding year or making a run at the SEC Championship game. Players like Jefferson, Taylor, Perine, Gardner, etc. plus another season of development would have us right there for the East.

Mullen's biggest recruiting job may be trying to convince some of those juniors to come back. That'll be the difference between a rebuilding year or making a run at the SEC Championship game. Players like Jefferson, Taylor, Perine, Gardner, etc. plus another season of development would have us right there for the East.

Even with that we need some young guys to step up in the back 7. Particularly linebacker.

Completely agree. The last I saw Polite and Jaewon Taylor are the only 2 juniors projected to go pretty high in the draft. But we don't know what their personal situations are, how they're doing in class and, of course, the combine could change draft status.

Even with that we need some young guys to step up in the back 7. Particularly linebacker.

100% agree. We need another 2 high level corners. Marco, Henderson, someone to take over nickel, move Dean to FS, and suddenly our secondary is elite again. Linebacker is solid with Reese, hopefully Vosean leaves or gets replaced.

Completely agree. The last I saw Polite and Jaewon Taylor are the only 2 juniors projected to go pretty high in the draft. But we don't know what their personal situations are, how they're doing in class and, of course, the combine could change draft status.

Taylor is the biggest one there, otherwise we lose 4 starters on OL. That's gonna be hard to rebuild in one offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT