ADVERTISEMENT

Emory Jones

Hmmmmm….
He will start the Bama game. He’s going to start against USF and isn’t going to lose his starting spot in that game because that will be another win. Now after we lose to Bama and if he has a poor game then that could be it for him.

He will start the Bama game. He’s going to start against USF and isn’t going to lose his starting spot in that game because that will be another win. Now after we lose to Bama and if he has a poor game then that could be it for him.
Or if he plays poorly against bama, gets pulled and AR wins it for us. You’d have a hard time “fixing” that “problem”

There was an ESPN post-game interview with Emory, and he looked a bit frightened and lost….seriously somebody should find that…

sadgator wishes no ill will to him, but sadgator really hopes that Dan has the balls to go all “Spurrier” and put in the best guy rather than to reward Emory’s loyalty (which sadgator understands will be brutally difficult)….

Reactions: Gator Fever
There was an ESPN post-game interview with Emory, and he looked a bit frightened and lost….seriously somebody should find that…

sadgator wishes no ill will to him, but sadgator really hopes that Dan has the balls to go all “Spurrier” and put in the best guy rather than to reward Emory’s loyalty (which sadgator understands will be brutally difficult)….

Jones also showed bad body language during the game like he was a little lost.

I remember having an argument in here about how Jones, while having had quite a bit of mop up duty, hadn't done anything with the pressure of being the starter on his shoulders, and we really didn't know if he was really up to the task, that he had made some questionable decisions in his limited role and he was going to have to show that he had what it takes to lead the team. The other guy told me I was an idiot and that Jones had all these great stats and was going to be fantastic, it was a rock solid guarantee. Wish I could remember who was making that argument.

Maybe @instaGATOR remembers. Do you remember who that was, Insta?

I remember having an argument in here about how Jones, while having had quite a bit of mop up duty, hadn't done anything with the pressure of being the starter on his shoulders, and we really didn't know if he was really up to the task, that he had made some questionable decisions in his limited role and he was going to have to show that he had what it takes to lead the team. The other guy told me I was an idiot and that Jones had all these great stats and was going to be fantastic, it was a rock solid guarantee. Wish I could remember who was making that argument.

Maybe @instaGATOR remembers. Do you remember who that was, Insta?

I am thinking this may be one of the few times these websites fed us some correct info. They were polite how they said it but definitely hinted that they were told Jones was having issues with turnovers etc. in camp.

There is just an intangible spark and energy missing from Emory. In his entire time at Florida, sadgator really hasn’t seen it. But when you look at AR, he’s like full of confidence and moxie….it is noticeable.

Will Dan make a change until he loses? I don't think he makes big changes until he's forced or it's abundantly clear. Not sure if you saw the post game interview of Dan but he was perturbed when someone asked him who was starting next week

Last edited:
Reactions: seffnergator
One bad game doesn't break a QB's career.
One good game doesn't make a QB's career.

I'd be fine if Dan rewarded Anthony's good game with the next start, but still played Jones too. Then as the season wears on, let their game day production dictate the number of game reps for each,,,, just like it does for every other position on the team....

I like Anthony and have from the get-go, but Emory still deserves his chance, and it's very likely that both will be needed across the season for the team to reach it's goals.
At QB, the 1A and 1B can rotate across the season as they both progress in their careers. This doesn't have to be an either/or situation....

I'm sorry for the whole rah rah Richardson stuff going down here, but as far as Emory vs Richardson goes for Bama, how many passes did 15 complete last night against FAU? While not perfect, at least EJ was making some reads and passes. (Just not to 14 who can't catch a ball inside of a mcdonalds ball pit) I saw Richardson as a VERY competent runner, but not a single pass from him during the game.

Do you really think Alabama is going to let us sit there and run the ball down their throats all day long with little to no passing threat? They are going to do what every team out there is going to do right now after watching our 1st game, load 8 or 9 in the box to stop our run and dare us to complete a pass. We are the exact opposite offense from last year right now and the worst part about that is, we are NOT built to play when we are behind on the scoreboard, or when time is a factor. We just cannot move that ball downfield fast if FAU is indicative of the bread and butter of our playbook. Put Richardson in and it only becomes that much more of a one-sided offense that we are running, and how much easier will opposing defenses shut that down?

One bad game doesn't break a QB's career.
One good game doesn't make a QB's career.

I'd be fine if Dan rewarded Anthony's good game with the next start, but still played Jones too. Then as the season wears on, let their game day production dictate the number of game reps for each,,,, just like it does for every other position on the team....

I like Anthony and have from the get-go, but Emory still deserves his chance, and it's very likely that both will be needed across the season for the team to reach it's goals.
At QB, the 1A and 1B can rotate across the season as they both progress in their careers. This doesn't have to be an either/or situation....
We dont need any rotation mess - the best QB should play as they are both QBs that can run.

Were you justifying Franks staying the starter in 2019 until that injury. Just asking because I don't remember if you were or if you were saying trust the coach on this.

Reactions: gatordad3
I'm sorry for the whole rah rah Richardson stuff going down here, but as far as Emory vs Richardson goes for Bama, how many passes did 15 complete last night against FAU? While not perfect, at least EJ was making some reads and passes. (Just not to 14 who can't catch a ball inside of a mcdonalds ball pit) I saw Richardson as a VERY competent runner, but not a single pass from him during the game.

Do you really think Alabama is going to let us sit there and run the ball down their throats all day long with little to no passing threat? They are going to do what every team out there is going to do right now after watching our 1st game, load 8 or 9 in the box to stop our run and dare us to complete a pass. We are the exact opposite offense from last year right now and the worst part about that is, we are NOT built to play when we are behind on the scoreboard, or when time is a factor. We just cannot move that ball downfield fast if FAU is indicative of the bread and butter of our playbook. Put Richardson in and it only becomes that much more of a one-sided offense that we are running, and how much easier will opposing defenses shut that down?
People talking outta their butts need to rewatch the game, or at least look at the game stats before spewing their drivel....
🤔

Richardson started 3/3 for 40 yds.
Then the receivers had some drops and he had to throw 1-2 away when nobody was open so ended up 3/8. Dissing on his passing to the Fr and the 4th quarter backup receivers is just stupid imoho...

The same goes for Jones to a lesser degree. I'll admit that his 2 Ints were both bone-headed throws, but chit happens in a game. I seem to remember Danny Wonderful throwing 4-5 Ints in a game.

As to #14 Whittemore, he had the 2nd longest reception in the game behind Weston's 36 Yd play.
Jones threw passes behind him and low and away in front of him that he dove flat out on and still only managed to get his fingertips on. Nothing wrong with his route running or catching balls that were good throws.

However, it seems to me that the guy wearing the #1 jersey was a slightly bigger bust in the first game.
#14 Whittemore - 1 for 18 Yds, O TD
#1 Copeland - 1 for 15 Yds, 0 TD
Tell me again. Why do they give out those #1 jersey's to people anyway???

Lastly,
making season projections after the 1st game vs a less than stellar opponent is stupid at best. After 2 warm-up games and then Bama, then you might be able to make some half-assed early projection on the season.
🤓

Last edited:
Reactions: ih8f$u
People talking outta their butts need to rewatch the game, or at least look at the game stats before spewing their drivel....
🤔

Richardson started 3/3 for 40 yds.
The the receivers had some drops and he had to throw 1-2 away when nobody was open so ended up 3/8. Dissing on his passing to the Fr and the 4th quarter backup receivers is just stupid imoho...

The same goes for Jones to a lesser degree. I'll admit that his 2 Ints were both bone-headed throws, but chit happens in a game. I seem to remember Danny Wonderful throwing 4-5 Ints in a game.

As to #14 Whittemore, he had the 2nd longest reception in the game behind Weston's 36 Yd play.
Jones threw passes behind him and low and away in front of him that he dove flat out on and still only managed to get his fingertips on. Nothing wrong with his route running or catching balls that were good throws.

However, it seems to me that the guy wearing the #1 jersey was a slightly bigger bust in the first game.
#14 Whittemore - 1 for 18 Yds, O TD
#1 Copeland - 1 for 15 Yds, 0 TD
Tell me again. Why do they give out those #1 jersey's to people anyway???

Lastly,
making season projections after the 1st game vs a less than stellar opponent is stupid at best. After 2 warm-up games and then Bama, then you might be able to make some half-assed early projection on the season.
🤓
Richardson didn't throw a Driskel special at the end zone with multiple defenders there and Richardson didn't throw right into good coverage for another pick. Still waiting to see the full game tape but some people are claiming Jones could have easily had a pick 6 also. I don't remember that play myself however.

Driskel is a 6 year NFL Pro and a millionaire, unlike the twits here that still want to diss on him.
In Jeff's last 6 games as the Gator starter, his receivers had 22 FREAKIN' DROPS and a chump for an OC, but the Bozo's only want to blame Jeff for the passing game deficiencies back then....

Other things that they forget about Jeff....
Richardson rushed seven times for 160 yards, becoming the first Florida quarterback to rush for 100 yards since Jeff Driskel rushed for 177 yards, including a 70-yard touchdown, on October 13, 2012, at Vanderbilt.

Might try to just let the season play out a little bit and then bitch if it becomes necesssary, instead of pre-season bitching so much after just one game.
🙄

• Haha
I'm more concerned about the receivers not getting open, dropping passes, maybe running wrong routes and not making chunk plays than I am about which QB starts. I'm, also, still concerned about our pass coverage on defense and the stupid penalties on defense that looked a lot like last year. The D-line seems better and so with a better pass rush it seems we should be playing tighter coverage. The season will play out and 1 game is just a small indicator. However, after that 1 game it looks like we have a LONG way to go to be able to realistically compete with Alabama and Georgia.

I thought something similar last night along the same picture you are painting. But I also remember when Cam Newton did mop up duty behind Tebow. Cam couldn't throw a decent pass that would hit the side of a barn. I think you need reps as a starter behind the 1st team to find that out. His ceiling is twice as high as Jones. For that matter, I went to damn near every home game from 1993 to 1996. I would get there early and watch all the QBs warm up. I was shocked that the guy who looked the worst in warmups was Danny Wuerffel. Even Fatdog Brindise had a stronger arm. But there's no disputing the IT factor when the lights come on.

He didn’t handle that well at all…to say the least…
Due to the timing and location of such questions the best and only answer is "coach speak" . Why would anybody expect such an interview to have any significance other than to start some controversy.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Due to the timing and location of such questions the best and only answer is "coach speak" . Why would anybody expect such an interview to have any significance other than to start some controversy.
Our opponents don't need to attack or critcize our coaches our own people do it for them.

• Sad
Reactions: instaGATOR
Driskel is a 6 year NFL Pro and a millionaire, unlike the twits here that still want to diss on him.
In Jeff's last 6 games as the Gator starter, his receivers had 22 FREAKIN' DROPS and a chump for an OC, but the Bozo's only want to blame Jeff for the passing game deficiencies back then....

Other things that they forget about Jeff....
Richardson rushed seven times for 160 yards, becoming the first Florida quarterback to rush for 100 yards since Jeff Driskel rushed for 177 yards, including a 70-yard touchdown, on October 13, 2012, at Vanderbilt.

Might try to just let the season play out a little bit and then bitch if it becomes necesssary, instead of pre-season bitching so much after just one game.
🙄
Driskell was a victim of muschamp’s staff and their ineptitude. The kid was an excellent runner and frankly I think he ran the option about as well as it’s been run (one of those was, I believe, that run that sealed the vandy game) but you could see him losing confidence as his career wore on. Very much like Franks. They weren’t bad players but they got some very bad coaching. I think Franks benefited a lot from his time with Mullen after mcelwain pretty much destroyed the kid’s confidence.

But you’re right. The staff failed Driskell, not the other way around. I got the feeling Jeff was a really hard worker but they didn’t put him in the position to succeed

For those that have in the past dissed on 3-star RB Malik Davis, and for those that thought that Lingard and Bowman would just stroll in and take over because of their 5-star HS recruit rankings, there's this....

On Saturday night against Florida Atlantic, Davis carried the football with purpose, toting the rock 14 times for 104 yards (7.43 ypc) and a TD. He had multiple explosive runs on the day, including gains of 41, 17 and 21 yards throughout the night.

Bowman - 4 for 20 Yds, 5.0 YPC, L-15

Lingard - 2 for 6 Yds, 3.0 YPC, L-4

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-early-career-injuries-florida-gators-bellcow

For those that have in the past dissed on 3-star RB Malik Davis, and for those that thought that Lingard and Bowman would just stroll in and take over because of their 5-star HS recruit rankings, there's this....

On Saturday night against Florida Atlantic, Davis carried the football with purpose, toting the rock 14 times for 104 yards (7.43 ypc) and a TD. He had multiple explosive runs on the day, including gains of 41, 17 and 21 yards throughout the night.

Bowman - 4 for 20 Yds, 5.0 YPC, L-15

Lingard - 2 for 6 Yds, 3.0 YPC, L-4

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...-early-career-injuries-florida-gators-bellcow
I'm a big fan of Malik Davis, but Davis is in his 5th season at UF. Bowman and Lingard have yet to carry the ball as much as Davis has.

Jones P - 17 of 27 (63%) for 113 Yds (6.6 Yds/Rec), 2 Ints, 1 TD.
Jones R - 10 for 74 Yds, 7.4 YPC, L-23
Not a great 1st start, but a good one minus the 2 bone-headed Ints.

Richardson P - 3 of 8 for 40 Yds, (5.0 Yds/Rec), 0 Int, 0 TD's.
He would have been 4/8 with a passing TD, but Henderson dropped the ball. He did have a defender hanging on to his waist, but he should have caught the ball anyway as it hit him in both hands. As it was, interference was called and that drive ended with a Davis rushing TD.
Richardson R - 7 for 160 Yds, 22.9 YPC, L-73, 1 TD
😱

On Richardson's first 4th Qtr drive, he went 3/3 for 40 Yds passing and ended the drive with the Davis rushing TD. On his 2nd 4th Qtr drive is when he went 73 yards on a R/P-O run for a TD.

Despite going just 3-for-8 passing for 40 yards in the passing category — seeing his final 5 passes fall to the ground — the Gainesville native was precise with his placement, (but the back-up's and young receivers need some extra time with route running and the Jugs machine).

So while the team still has some work to do on offense, it will take solace in the fact that Todd's defense looked solid the entire night. While pitching a shutout until 4:27 remained in the game. Then the backups and the newbees gave up 2 late TD's while getting some much needed game time & experience to improve the depth. That is much more important than getting a shutout vs FAU....

The negatives on defense imo, were the several dumb, lack of focus penalties from the secondary, (Blades-Perkins-McDaniel). The film room and the coaches with a switch should correct those early season mistakes...

I'm a big fan of Malik Davis, but Davis is in his 5th season at UF. Bowman and Lingard have yet to carry the ball as much as Davis has.
And the Purple Porpoise was a great place to throw darts on a Friday night, but I wouldn't date a Traders girl on a bet....
🙄

And the Purple Porpoise was a great place to throw darts on a Friday night, but I wouldn't date a Traders girl on a bet....
🙄
Just another example of @Gator Fever pointing out how Mullinz chooses a player with more experience over a player who is much more talented as well as a game changer. I do remember when Tebow was a freshman backing up Chris Leak. We all saw Tebow was the much better QB.

Davis was good that first year and looked good Saturday but comparing stats in one game like Insta did doesn't tell you much. Plenty of games where backups had big yards etc.

I don't know if Lingard or Bowman would excel. Miami fans claim Lingard is limited.

Just another example of @Gator Fever pointing out how Mullinz chooses a player with more experience over a player who is much more talented as well as a game changer. I do remember when Tebow was a freshman backing up Chris Leak. We all saw Tebow was the much better QB.
Naw, just another of the many examples of the fevered brain types spewing their ignorance. NBD IMO.....
🤗

I liked TT's talent and I knew that he'd be the 2007 starter, but Leak deserved and needed to be the starter for the 2006 NC season. How did the team do with Dan calling the offense and coaching the QB's in 2006?
Go look up Leak's 2006 stats, especially in the NC game.

And in 2007 after Leak graduated, what happened?
UF 9-3 with losses to AU, LSU, and Mich in the Cap-1 Bowl.

Dan has proven over decades that he actually knows what he's doing, while you and the fevered brain are just yappin' outta yo-butts as usual....
🤔

Naw, just another of the many examples of the fevered brain types spewing their ignorance. NBD IMO.....
🤗

I liked TT's talent and I knew that he'd be the 2007 starter, but Leak deserved and needed to be the starter for the 2006 NC season. How did the team do with Dan calling the offense and coaching the QB's in 2006?
Go look up Leak's 2006 stats, especially in the NC game.

And in 2007 after Leak graduated, what happened?
UF 9-3 with losses to AU, LSU, and Mich in the Cap-1 Bowl.

Dan has proven over decades that he actually knows what he's doing, while you and the fevered brain are just yappin' outta yo-butts as usual....
🤔

Nice spin job. Tebow just ran power mostly for us in 06 he wasn't going to be used as the starter as a true freshman they decided.

Mullen is just hard headed when it comes to experience. Was at his press conference saying how he likes to get experience for the backup. He does that alright while allowing poor or average play by the starter many times.

Rewatched the game and Jones threw 2 pretty bad picks and could have had a pick 6 also. If you took away the nice runs it was a Franks worthy performance. Hopefully he corrects that mess before USF who is probably worse than FAU.

"comparing stats in one game like Insta did...." >>> What are you idiots doing at QB right now with 1 game played?
🤔

I can always count on the idiot fevered brain to run off the rails of reality when he spews.

"Nice spin job. Tebow just ran power mostly for us in 06"
Tebow in 2006:
Passing - 22 of 33 (66.7%), for 358 Yds, 1 Int, 5 TD's, L-55
Rushing - 89 for 469 Yds, 8 TD's, L-29
In 2006, Dan had Tim playing part-time QB-dt, not FB....

In the 2006 NC game, Tebow had 1 passing TD and 1 rushing TD.
The Schmuckeyes Heisman pretender Troy Smith had neither.....

But it's no diss on TT to say that Leak was the starter for good reasons.
Leak was involved in 101 TD's, 88 passing and 13 rushing, (#2 behind DW's 122)
Leak passed Rex Grossman’s total of 83 TD (77 passing and 6 rushing)

Back then, Leak held UF All Time records for passing yardage (11,213), completions (895) and attempts (1,458)…
Leak threw for over 200 yards 33 times during his career and moved past Wuerffel for first all-time in that category.
And for the FSU haters, Leak beat FSUcks 3 consecutive times.
Benching this Sr starter in favor of Fr Tebow would have been pure idiocy, which is what those that wanted Tim to be the 2006 starter were,,,, idiots. (the iG supported Leak all season as the starter here)

And also why I wouldn't have started rsFr/So Jones over rsJr/SrTrask in 2019-20.
Trask would have had to play himself out of the job first, for me to start Jones.

Now draw some comparisons to rsJr Jones and rsFr Richardson.
I'd continue to play them the way that Leak/Tebow were played in 2006, and the way Trask/Jones were played in 2020, unless Jones falters massively while Richardson continues to play well, (unlikely imo)

"comparing stats in one game like Insta did...." >>> What are you idiots doing at QB right now with 1 game played?
🤔

I can always count on the idiot fevered brain to run off the rails of reality when he spews.

"Nice spin job. Tebow just ran power mostly for us in 06"
Tebow in 2006:
Passing - 22 of 33 (66.7%), for 358 Yds, 1 Int, 5 TD's, L-55
Rushing - 89 for 469 Yds, 8 TD's, L-29
In 2006, Dan had Tim playing part-time QB-dt, not FB....

In the 2006 NC game, Tebow had 1 passing TD and 1 rushing TD.
The Schmuckeyes Heisman pretender Troy Smith had neither.....

But it's no diss on TT to say that Leak was the starter for good reasons.
Leak was involved in 101 TD's, 88 passing and 13 rushing, (#2 behind DW's 122)
Leak passed Rex Grossman’s total of 83 TD (77 passing and 6 rushing)

Back then, Leak held UF All Time records for passing yardage (11,213), completions (895) and attempts (1,458)…
Leak threw for over 200 yards 33 times during his career and moved past Wuerffel for first all-time in that category.
And for the FSU haters, Leak beat FSUcks 3 consecutive times.
Benching this Sr starter in favor of Fr Tebow would have been pure idiocy, which is what those that wanted Tim to be the 2006 starter were,,,, idiots. (the iG supported Leak all season as the starter here)

And also why I wouldn't have started rsFr/So Jones over rsJr/SrTrask in 2019-20.
Trask would have had to play himself out of the job first, for me to start Jones.

Now draw some comparisons to rsJr Jones and rsFr Richardson.
I'd continue to play them the way that Leak/Tebow were played in 2006, and the way Trask/Jones were played in 2020, unless Jones falters massively while Richardson continues to play well, (unlikely imo)

You should quit now Insta as you know as well as I do Richardson will be taking over as the starter at some point this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT