ADVERTISEMENT

Do you know the words to "Rocky Top?"

We need that rivalry to be THE game again.

It was ALWAYS the scene of CGD and CBS always called that game.

I would love for it to be the prime game again but I can only take so much of UT being descent.

That fan base is one obnoxious bunch, no doubt.

I would love for it to be the prime game again but I can only take so much of UT being descent.

Yeah, it would be great if they were undefeated coming in so the game would be big again...followed by a loss to us plus four or five more (in other words typical UT).

Yeah, it would be great if they were undefeated coming in so the game would be big again...followed by a loss to us plus four or five more (in other words typical UT).

What? They will be undefeated up until the Alabama game...play Bama tuff...and get revenge in the SECCG and make a top tier bowl and possibly the playoffs.

That's what I keep hearing anyway.

Reactions: GatorGray
No. I want them to lose, any momentum for our rivals is bad momentum. That's supposed to be a big recruiting weekend for them too, so I want them to be embarrassed in front of their recruits. I'm evil that way.

Reactions: GatorNation79
No. I want them to lose, any momentum for our rivals is bad momentum. That's supposed to be a big recruiting weekend for them too, so I want them to be embarrassed in front of their recruits. I'm evil that way.

I tend to be just as evil when it comes to those dolts.

However I do miss that game being the talk of the universe like it was in Spurs and Phat Phil's prime as coaches.

I hate Tennessee and hold no grudges against OU. So, it might be hard for me to don my "SEC,SEC,SEC" hat for this game and cheer for the Vols.

That said, like sadgator, I DO fondly remember when this was THE GAME in the SEC every year, save for the SECCG. And would like to see the return of those days, as long as it means Florida takes care of business against them like we usually did and currently do.

The game is in Gainesville.

Will you be singing them on Saturday during UT/OU?

sadgator would like for both UT and UF to take care of business so that Gainesville can be the center of the universe on September 26, 2015 for the first time in what seems like forever.

Never would I suffer Rocky Top being played in my presence *IF* I can help it.....I've paid $20 for the piano bar on Bourbon Street in New Orleans to NOT play that friggin' song....

Reactions: El Mojito
The words to Rocky Top tell the story of hillbillies who get their corn from a jar and kill the "rebanooers" who comes looking for their stills.

... or something like that.

IPD would know. Kentucky and Tennessee are pretty much the same thing ... just like Kentucky straight bourbon and Tennessee sour mash are pretty much the same thing.

Interesting game. I was leaning to the Vols winning probably until I saw that secondary getting torched like that. Not so sure now.

Anything that bad can happen to Tennessee, FSU and UGA makes me happy. I hope that they lose every game. lol

The only reason UT and UF for a time had a popular "rivalry" was both teams were very good at the same time and competed for conference superiority. The "rivalry" faded when the teams did. It was a great hype while it lasted.

I think it would be great if UF and another team from the east were "that good" again competing for the top spot in the SEC. Doesn't matter who it is really. Great days for UF and fans.

The "rivalry" faded when the teams did.
Get the hell out of here, dude. Seriously, we don't need a Nole educating us about our rivalries. We have a full understanding of the current status of our rivalries, thank you very much. The UT rivalry "faded" when we started beating their ass every freakin' year for a decade. Just like the UGA rivalry "faded" when we had our run of 18 out of 21 from 1990 to 2010.

As to the question asked, sadgator fears that if either UT or UF slips up prior to September 26, 2015, that game could slip to a noon time slot on SECN. That would totally suck. sadgator really wants that game in the 3:30pm CBS slot. Hence, sadgator will sing.

Get the hell out of here, dude. Seriously, we don't need a Nole educating us about our rivalries. We have a full understanding of the current status of our rivalries, thank you very much. The UT rivalry "faded" when we started beating their ass every freakin' year for a decade. Just like the UGA rivalry "faded" when we had our run of 18 out of 21 from 1990 to 2010.

As to the question asked, sadgator fears that if either UT or UF slips up prior to September 26, 2015, that game could slip to a noon time slot on SECN. That would totally suck. sadgator really wants that game in the 3:30pm CBS slot. Hence, sadgator will sing.

When I attended UF nobody gave a rip about Tennessee. Sorry to anger sadgator.

I wasn't around but I have heard when Gator alum Doug Dickey coached UT that the Gators played with some spite. Then right after a bowl game between the two, Dickey left UT and came to Florida.

I am old enough to remember when UT had the final vote in stripping the 84 SEC trophy from UF. That is when much hatred started.

You are either really old or really young.

During the 90s, starting in 1990, there were few games that defined not only the SEC standings, but the national rankings.

Prior to that, the two teams rarely played.

I

I am old enough to remember when UT had the final vote in stripping the 84 SEC trophy from UF. That is when much hatred started.

Yep. nole is just another FSU fan trying to turn the conversation away from the SEC to another direction, albeit in his case, very subtly.

Once two boneheads coached ol’ Rocky Top,
One thin, the other quite fat.
One clapped his hands each time a pass was dropped,
In the box the other sat.

Cutcliffe leaves and in comes Clawson now,
He’s gonna change things around.
Same ol’ crap as it’ll always be;
Cause Phil thinks his offense is sound…

Rocky Top, you’ll always be,
Home Sweet Home to me.
Good ol’ Rocky Top,
Worst in the SEC.

Phil must go, of that there is no doubt,
Hamilton must like these days.
All he really cares to think about
Is giving Phat Phil a raise.

4th and long we try three field goals,
All from fifty yards away.
Guess why Rocky Top is ranked near last,
In offense and field goals made…

Rocky Top, you’ll always be,
Home Sweet Home to me.
Good ol’ Rocky Top,
Worst in the SEC.

First Verse
Wish that I was on ole Rocky Top up in the Tennessee hills
Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top soon there’ll be no Fat Phil
Wins are far and few on Rocky Top, Second in the SEC
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top, Throw things at the TV.

Second Verse:
Wish they had a team on Rocky Top, up on the checkerboard field
Ain’t no rushing up on Rocky Top, Offense is just gettin’ killed
Once they had ol’ Peyton on Rocky Top, the Heisman just slipped away
Even then they couldn’t beat Florida, not with Steve drawin’ up plays

Third Verse:
Corn don't grow at all on Rocky Top ground's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top drink their corn from a jar
Watch them Volunteers on Rocky Top Hope they lose all the time
They like wearin' orange camouflage, like they'd done a crime

Chorus:

Rocky Top you'll always be second in the S E C
Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee, Citrus bowl bound to me

Im pretty sure that's the day MSU and Auburn play, that would likely be the CBS game and we might catch another night game in the Swamp, hopefully. That game will be big unless OU pounds UT or something because everyones been talking about it all off season.

During the 90s, starting in 1990, there were few games that defined not only the SEC standings, but the national rankings.

I got my UF degree in '87

I got my UF degree in '87
Florida and UT have played yearly for the past 25 years. But you imply we are not rivals. Using this "logic," when you went to FSU, Florida was not a rival either? After all, the series was barely 25 years old then.

Let's consider this...most of the big bitter rivalries are between school within the others state or schools that usually boarder. Mich/Ohio State, USC/UCLA, FSU/Miami, UF/FSU, UGA/UF, Texas/OU, BYU/Utah, Clemson/ South Carolina, Pitt/WV, etc etc

Gainesville to Knoxville is a lengthy distance. To be considered a bitter rivalry when the schools are that far apart is pretty impressive.

Last edited:

I wonder, if we got you and FloridaVol in to the same room, would you simply cancel each other out?

I wonder, if we got you and FloridaVol in to the same room, would you simply cancel each other out?

Gators always cancel out Vols.

He(along with MD and that Irish character) spends more time following every detail Gator just to find something negative to report then he does actually following the Vols. Those guys on Volquest lead a boring life it seems. Insta has really got into those guys emotions and has them consumed to prove him wrong.

Florida and UT have played yearly for the past 25 years. But you imply we are not rivals. Using this "logic," when you went to FSU, Florida was not a rival either? After all, the series was barely 25 years old then.

That "logic" is your own. Not mine. I certainly agree UF/UT was a very big game when both teams competed for conference supremacy and were at the top of the national rankings. It wasn't a big game before then, and it isn't now. The number of years thing is your own analysis. Your "logic" suggests that Vandy or Kentucky are big rivalries for you because you always play them.

That said, who you decide your rivals are is up to you.

Gators always cancel out Vols.

......Insta has really got into those guys emotions and has them consumed to prove him wrong.

Insta has been proven to be FOS and hypocritical more times than I can count over the Vol site ....he has half of that site on ignore, but still goes over there. He refuses to make a season prediction you can tie him down to... Filibustering conversation, circlet logic, 5th grade taunts are his preferred tools.... Everything Danny *loves* about Insta ......

That's what I was thinking, from '90 until a couple of years ago, the games were important, we didn't play each other that much before then. Next to UGA and FSU, they're our biggest rival

That's what I was thinking, from '90 until a couple of years ago, the games were important, we didn't play each other that much before then. Next to UGA and FSU, they're our biggest rival

That "logic" is your own. Not mine.

No, it was yours. Glad to see you are backing off it.

I certainly agree UF/UT was a very big game when both teams competed for conference supremacy and were at the top of the national rankings.

I call bullshit. For example, using this "logic," Miami is no longer a big game for FSU.

It wasn't a big game before then, and it isn't now.

Yes it was and yes it is. There is a difference between rivals and big games. UK and Vandy most certainly ARE rivals. Most of the games against them just aren't that big. The game against UT is ALWAYS a big game, just like the FSU game against Miami is ALWAYS a big game

That said, who you decide your rivals are is up to you.

Well then, thank you for that. Now run along junior.

Insta has been proven to be FOS and hypocritical more times than I can count over the Vol site ....he has half of that site on ignore, but still goes over there. He refuses to make a season prediction you can tie him down to... Filibustering conversation, circlet logic, 5th grade taunts are his preferred tools.... Everything Danny *loves* about Insta ......

Could be all true but he has two(sometimes more) of those guys devoting countless hours out of their lives to either prove him wrong or fish or any news Gator that could be negative. I mean he is in MD' s head so bad it seems MD knows more about Gator recruiting and roster than he does UT. It is quiet funny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT