ADVERTISEMENT

Del Rio vs. Eason

I've watched what that kid does after he goes past the OL. He has exceptional speed and very good moves on the defenders. It's not just his blocking that's getting him all of those yards. He'd be in the rotation at RB if he was at UF and not playing QB.

The blocking is the MAJOR reason that Hurts is doing what he's doing, the RB's and OL are creating what he's doing off of everything first and the PA is WIDE open from all of it and he's missing easy throws a lot the last few games the more they have been throwing with him.

if trask does anything wrong if he ever gets on the field this board will explode

You're prolly right. So like Driskel, Trask should just go ahead and transfer now, to save himself some grief, and to get a 'fair' chance to start for a team....

Driskel got way more than his fair chance at UF, he started over a QB that's actually played in the NFL and got drafted by the best team and staff in the NFL.. Brissett should have been our starter

If anything, Driskel got too many chances to start here. Most of it undeserved. Not seeing the comparison.

Trask is one that my 'fair' was being applied to. I really don't G-a-S about the other 2, but both made it to the NFL, despite their beginnings at UF.... :oops:

Franks ****
4 years, 47 gms, 376 of 661, 56.9% for 7,380 yds, 87 TD's, 17 Ints, Rating 124.9
He might eventually be a star QB.
We'll never know until he gets on the field in a game.

==============

Trask ** or *** or *****, depending on who you want to believe....
4 years, 30 gms, 118 of 161, 73.3% for 1,820 yds, 17 TD's, 0 Ints, Rating 145.5

Completion % -- Fr 80.0%, Soph 79.2%, Jr 70.6%, Sr 73.4%, with ZERO Ints.
Injury his Soph year caused his loss of the starting job, not his ability to play QB.

And he took off for 2-3 good scramble runs in the O&B game.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling LDR is our default starter for as long as McE is our coach. If he's the best, fine, but I would hate for us to cap our potential just because he "knows the offense" the best.

That wouldnt be saying much about Franks future. If he cant beat LDR out with how limited his skills are we are in trouble. Watching and learning for a year should be enough to get his head right to play college ball.

dunny-goater is an open mouth, for any and all of the board turds to drop into, then flush.

True Freshmen (Def or Off) can't play at the SEC level,,, everyone knows that...

DE/DT CeCe Jefferson 6-1 261 (already getting playing time at both positions)

WR Tyrie Cleveland 6-1 196 (3 for 79 yds, 1 TD vs Mizzou)

DE Jabari Zuniga 6-3 250 (leads SEC Fr, and all Gators, with 5 sacks as a backup)

RT Jawaan Taylor 6-5 340 (he took over the RT starting position)

CB/FS Chauncey Gardener 5-11 204 (already getting playing time, even at DB-U)

RB Lamical Perine 5-11 221 (the best run-catch-block RB on the roster)

MLB David Reese 6-0 244 (filling in for injured Jarrad Davis, and doing well)

QB Kyle Trask 6-4 238 4.6/40 (I wish we knew by now...)

DT Jachai Polite 6-2 271 (forced into action by DL injuries, undersized but doing well)

QB Felipe' Franks 6-6 218 (raw, and probably did need the redshirt)

(8 Total, 5 on D -- 3 on O, -- with 1 or 2 unknowns at QB)
=================

Said QB Luke Del Rio: “He’s a freshman, you forget that. He’s just mauling guys. He’s blowing them off the line and he’s telling us, ‘Run behind me.’ OK, if you keep blowing guys off the line like that then of course we’re going to run behind you.”
(well duh,,,)

Watching Perine following him around the right side is pretty sweet to behold! -- iG

And Taylor is No. 7 on Pro Football Focus’ latest ranking of the top freshmen in college football.

So no, freshmen definitely cant play at an SEC level.... :confused: -- :rolleyes:

Worth Noting: This also shows that those recruit ranking guys are always right, and that Mc-staff just can't recruit any quality players,,, just one's good enough to play and/or start in the SEC as tFr.... o_O

I'm curious...who has said freshmen can't play in the SEC? Or are you making that up?

I'm curious...who has said freshmen can't play in the SEC? Or are you making that up?

He is being funny there but the old saying was that true freshman will get killed at QB in the SEC but quite a few have actually played decent when called upon.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Not really being funny with that Fev. Maybe funny in a sad sort of way... :(

I'm not going to go look up who it was that claimed 'definitively' that a true Fr can't play QB at the SEC level. (That was the early season accepted excuse here for Trask nor Franks even being given a 'look-see' in the early patsy games). Or who said that OL'men always needed to redshirt, etc, etc, etc.... :confused:

My stance on it is that players can play, and which class they happen to be in is mostly inconsequential, or at least it should be. BTW, the coaches pay at least lip-service to that also, at least on the recruiting trail they do... o_O

The FACT that true freshmen have long played, and will continue to play, is rather obvious to anyone paying attention to rosters around the country. :cool:

"Definitively."

What a silly statement.

The most that was stated was that it's not usually the best situation to find yourself in.

The SEC is very tough, and unless you have a guy who is just special, and you can put some good players around him, then a freshman is likely to get destroyed.

Nobody stated that it can't happen, because that would be stupid (and yes, I knowvyou think everyone is stupid.)

Your hang up, insta, is that you do desperately want it to be Trask, guy who MAY be something special, but no logical person who isn't googly eyed over his practically meaningless and nearly non-existent high school career stats would not only be pushing so hard for him, but has also become increasingly critical and negative towards the very same coaches you once hailed as geniuses, ever since you heard that Franks was higher on the depth chart.

I await your cartoonish slights towards me now.

FoS yet again dunny-goater. I would be just fine with it being any of the QB's that came in and played like a pocket Wuerffel or a dual-threat Tebow. I just don't like it when a Kyle Morris type gets put in the job and remains there, no matter how poorly he plays overall. Morris would look like Dan Marino on a few plays per game, but then look like chopped liver on the rest. Drove me crazy to watch him.

Did you watch the Spring game? If so, who looked the best that day?
LDR with the 1st team offense throwing dink&dunk-junk, against the 2-3rd team defense.
Or Trask with the 2-3rd team offense against the 1st team defense?
And how about how Franks played? Happy-feet interception machine that looked lost imo.

There were many variables that went into who played what, and against whom, and how they did.
I started watching Gator QB's when SOS was the starter, and I've watched every QB at UF since then, starters and backups.

So maybe I'm off base here. Why don't you give me your OWN wisdom and critique on the Gator QB's, explaining to stupid me where I've gone wrong in my evaluations? I'll wait....

FoS yet again dunny-goater. I would be just fine with it being any of the QB's that came in and played like a pocket Wuerffel or a dual-threat Tebow. I just don't like it when a Kyle Morris type gets put in the job and remains there, no matter how poorly he plays overall. Morris would look like Dan Marino on a few plays per game, but then look like chopped liver on the rest. Drove me crazy to watch him.

Did you watch the Spring game? If so, who looked the best that day?
LDR with the 1st team offense throwing dink&dunk-junk, against the 2-3rd team defense.
Or Trask with the 2-3rd team offense against the 1st team defense?
And how about how Franks played? Happy-feet interception machine that looked lost imo.

There were many variables that went into who played what, and against whom, and how they did.
I started watching Gator QB's when SOS was the starter, and I've watched every QB at UF since then, starters and backups.

So maybe I'm off base here. Why don't you give me your OWN wisdom and critique on the Gator QB's, explaining to stupid me where I've gone wrong in my evaluations? I'll wait....

Oh look, I'm off ignore again.

How cute.

Well, I'm always willing to consider a change if it seems to be needed.

So since you and your azz-wipe butt-buddy oooozzzeee are the only ones that I've kept on ignore most of the time, I've decided to no longer allow you twits to constantly snipe at me from behind my back.

You could have placed me on ignore as I've asked, thereby relieving the board of this bs back and forth, but that's not your way. So from now own, I'm going to make it part of my job to hammer on your moronic posts, every chance I get. And without a butt-buddy Mod to save you this time around, this just might end up being entertaining for me. We'll see how it goes. :cool:

It might be difficult, since you rarely if ever start any threads yourself, lacking any real creativity of any kind. But there should still be plenty of targets, as you like to run your idiot mouth on the threads that your betters start. Game on dipwad... o_O

I don't think you understand how a message board works. Someone posting something on the board in plain sight for you to read isn't 'behind your back.' Especially since you've already acknowledged we don't have you on ignore. So that would mean the posts directed to you are ummm....directed to you.

But do what you do, you clearly take message boards very seriously. Might explain why you've been banned from every one you've ever been on.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Game on dipwad... o_O

48d.gif

"I don't think you understand how a message board works. Someone posting something on the board in plain sight for you to read isn't 'behind your back.'"

Absolutely hilarious!

It is if you have them on ignore, absolutely moe-ron... :rolleyes:

So to recap:

1. Posters post on a message board
2. An extremely sensitive poster puts them on ignore
3. Sensitive poster claims the people he voluntarily put on ignore is talking behind his back
4. Potato
5. Profit?

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
So to recap:

1. Posters post on a message board
2. An extremely sensitive poster puts them on ignore
3. Sensitive poster claims the people he voluntarily put on ignore is talking behind his back
4. Potato
5. Profit?

as it oozzes down the wall and onto the floor....

Don't worry. I doubt I'm getting kidnapped by aliens any time soon so I'll be here for a while allowing you to keep being 'superior' to me.

I don't think you understand how a message board works. Someone posting something on the board in plain sight for you to read isn't 'behind your back.' Especially since you've already acknowledged we don't have you on ignore. So that would mean the posts directed to you are ummm....directed to you.

But do what you do, you clearly take message boards very seriously. Might explain why you've been banned from every one you've ever been on.

"I don't think" is about the only part that you got correct dipwad, and I agree with you, you certainly don't think... o_O

If you put me on ignore, it means that my posts don't even show up on your screen anymore. If I put you on ignore, I don't see yours, just a message saying
'you are ignoring this poster.'
That means that if I have you on ignore and you continue to post chit about me, then it's behind my back because I don't see it, unless I occasionally click on the un-ignore to see all of the posts. So you are as clueless as always...

Total liar, just as always. I have been banned from only 4 board since 1999.
1. The Schmuckeye board in 2006 for saying that Heisman pretender Troy Smith would have been 3rd string behind both Leak and Tebow if he was at UF.
2. The Gator board for answering dunny-goater in kind, then having his Swami butt-buddy protect him and take up for him by banning me.
3. The neutered lame board for posting their woman abusing and falling academic standards, along with their laughing at their Jelly-Belly-Kelly coach.
4. The tennis-sea board, after kicking the mad-dogs butt until his eyes bled, while he whined constantly to Brent to dump me and most of the other Gator's that were posting there at the time.

The only thing that's serious about a message board is the serious entertainment that I get, laughing at the idiot posting of dipwads like yourself. :D

Insta, no one imitates you.

It would be far too exhausting.

It's good that you at least know of one of your many limitations, that of being unable to overcome your 30 second attention span.

However, your continued attempts to speak for anyone but yourself, still escapes your dumb-dipwad self....

So you still don't understand the concept of talking behind somebody's back and why it isn't applicable to message boards. Cool.

No opinions of mine are included, just some game stats for you to form your own opinions on. And then post them, unless you're the chicken-chits that you're known to be....

Scarlett - 3,3,1,5,4,13,3,5,1,2-TD,5-6-4-0,4-9-3-1-1-3,0,8,0,4,3,2 = 26 for 93 yds, with the 2 yd TD.
11 of 26 (42%) went for 4+ yards.
Receiving - 1 Drop

Perine - 3 + Face masked, 4,0,-2,1,5,2,3,3,0,5,4,1,3,1 = 15 for 33 yds + 15 yd FM penalty.
5 of 15 (33%) went for 4+ yds. Production 15 for 48 yds, 3.2 yds/play
Receiving - Over-thrown, 8, 11 = 2 for 19 yds, 9.5 yds/rec

OL consistency in opening holes to run through for the RB's continues to be a concern.
On 41 runs, the RB's got 2 yds or less on 15 of their attempts, 36.6%.
On their 26 other carries, the two RB's combined for 5 yds or more on just 9 carries.

First half rushing, without the full committee = 21 for 34 yds, 1.6 ypc
==============
LDR - 15 of 25 (60%) for 131 yds, 5.2 yds/att, 1 TD, 1 Int, Passer Rating 109.22
Sacks - 3 for -40 yds, -13.3 yds/sack
For reference, that passer rating is worse than 114 of the 128 qualified FBS QBs this season.
And his season average is only 16 points better than his low point.

Receivers:

Callaway - 4 for 42 yds (plus a fumble on a PR)
(one 4 yd jet-sweep for a TD)
Perine - 2 for 19 yds (over thrown once)
Lewis - 2 for 36 yds, (19 yd TD)
Hammone 2 for 12 yds
Powell - 2 for 12 yds (1 sweep for 3 yds)
Cleveland - 1 for 13 yds
Goolsby - 1 for 1 yd

Constantly unused:
TE Moral Stephens has 1 14 yd reception with zero drops on the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT