ADVERTISEMENT

Del Rio vs. Eason

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
...some interesting stats, Del Rio's QB rating, Yards per attempt, and completion percentage, are all higher than Eason's.

...some interesting stats, Del Rio's QB rating, Yards per attempt, and completion percentage, are all higher than Eason's.

Sagarin has SOS for Ga. at # 32 vs UF at #68. which is enough difference to be significant.

eason's probably thrown for wayyy more yards and way more attempts...

He's also shown flashes of being a playmaker in big moments. I doubt LDR will be able to put this team on his back very often. Eason is going to be really really good.

Would suck to lose to the pups after they've lost to Vandy and barely escaped Nicholls.

well that's especially why it's harder to win these games, especially since our team isn't any good...

I think Eason will be good to great, before it is all over. He can make some throws. But he is also still a true freshman and it shows.

Every time I watch them I come away thinking they don't have a single skill player thats on Eason's level. Their receivers drop so many balls, its almost as if they haven't caught balls from somebody with that strong an arm before. And their OC is terrible, leaves him in constant 3rd and longs. He shouldn't have gone there.

I think Eason will be good to great, before it is all over. He can make some throws. But he is also still a true freshman and it shows.

Yep, and everyone knows that a freshman can't play at the SEC level, Jalen Hurts agrees. :rolleyes:

Pass - 129 of 204, 63.2%, for 1,578 yds, 7.7 yds/att, 12 TD's, 5 Ints, Passer Rating 142.7
Run - 95 for 521 yds, 5.5 ypc, L-45 yds, 9 TD's
Hurts Combined: 2,099 yds, 21 TD's in 7 games as a true freshman.... o_O

Either you've got it and you can do it, or you can't. Which class you're in is bs imoho. :cool:

Either you've got it and you can do it, or you can't. Which class you're in is bs imoho. :cool:

Weren't you telling me in the basketball thread how improved everybody was going to be from last year and how past performance was a poor predictor of future success?

Weren't you telling me in the basketball thread how improved everybody was going to be from last year and how past performance was a poor predictor of future success?
:rolleyes:

Current performance, not past on all of those QB's except for Driskel, and he's so incompetent that he's currently under contract in the NFL. (2 Claribels, Eason, Hurts) :cool:

That players can develop and improve over time is rather obvious, (but not guaranteed), while claiming that a player can't play, just because he's a freshman, is what's bs. o_O

Maybe you should try harder to understand, instead of wasting time with the sniping bs... :p

Stafford also started as a true freshman. With an up and down season that initial year. He turned out pretty good.

I actually do agree that the qb, who can make the offense go best, should play, regardless of class. McE obviously thinks that that guy is Del Rio right now, and I can't really argue with him. So long as we're leading the East, he's trying to win games, period. If he just hands the job to Del Rio next year, that would concern me.

Reactions: instaGATOR
So did Chris Leak, and Leak eventually won a BCS-NC for the Gators, unlike Stafford.

Certainly not all freshmen coming into the SEC can play and do well from the get-go, but just because a player is a Fr, that also doesn't prevent those with the ability from doing well. Like every position as a Fr, it's an individual thing, not a class thing.

So did Chris Leak, and Leak eventually won a BCS-NC for the Gators, unlike Stafford.

Chris did indeed QB a team to a NC. He had better coaching than Stafford and was on an overall better team. But Stafford was the better overall QB. Stafford was the #1 NFL pick, has been the starting QB for the Lions for a number of years and is still quite productive in that role. Chris Leak, for all his much deserved college accolades, is (or was) a High School coach.

I actually do agree that the qb, who can make the offense go best, should play, regardless of class. McE obviously thinks that that guy is Del Rio right now, and I can't really argue with him. So long as we're leading the East, he's trying to win games, period. If he just hands the job to Del Rio next year, that would concern me.
The QB competition next year will be quite interesting. On that note, for the all physical talents Grier has over LDR, insiders say LDR was the better QB going into the 2015 season too. LDR could not start, of course

I think Franks for sure and maybe Trask both have better physical talent than LDR. But as Driskell and Doug Johnson taught us, physical talents alone to not make for a good to great QB

Certainly not all freshmen coming into the SEC can play and do well from the get-go, but just because a player is a Fr, that also doesn't prevent those with the ability from doing well. Like every position as a Fr, it's an individual thing, not a class thing.

Yeah Leak beat a pretty good Georgia team as a true freshman. That game was also notable because I brought my German exchange student friend to that game and the tickets we bought ended up in the Georgia section. We got spit at, swung on, cursed all game long. When we hit the the winning fieldgoal we were literally sprinting for the exit with all manner of crap raining down on us. He was like WTF is this!?

The QB competition next year will be quite interesting. On that note, for the all physical talents Grier has over LDR, insiders say LDR was the better QB going into the 2015 season too. LDR could not start, of course

I think Franks for sure and maybe Trask both have better physical talent than LDR. But as Driskell and Doug Johnson taught us, physical talents alone to not make for a good to great QB

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling LDR is our default starter for as long as McE is our coach. If he's the best, fine, but I would hate for us to cap our potential just because he "knows the offense" the best.

Reactions: instaGATOR
I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling LDR is our default starter for as long as McE is our coach. If he's the best, fine, but I would hate for us to cap our potential just because he "knows the offense" the best.
Maybe we worry about that when the time comes?

Right now, there is almost no question he is the best option.

Last edited:
Yep, and everyone knows that a freshman can't play at the SEC level, Jalen Hurts agrees. :rolleyes:

Pass - 129 of 204, 63.2%, for 1,578 yds, 7.7 yds/att, 12 TD's, 5 Ints, Passer Rating 142.7
Run - 95 for 521 yds, 5.5 ypc, L-45 yds, 9 TD's
Hurts Combined: 2,099 yds, 21 TD's in 7 games as a true freshman.... o_O

jalen hurts is average at best as a passer, ill say it again for the millionth time at least.. the QB for bama never matters, so much so that Saban finally started a freshman that can't hit a target consistently further than 8 yards. The QB is constantly overhyped at this school and it's hilarious, the kid is just running into open space just like the RB's all have for about a decade now and get credit for the blocking... then get to the league and..... we never hear a WORD from them EVER again

jalen hurts is average at best as a passer, ill say it again for the millionth time at least.. the QB for bama never matters, so much so that Saban finally started a freshman that can't hit a target consistently further than 8 yards. The QB is constantly overhyped at this school and it's hilarious, the kid is just running into open space just like the RB's all have for about a decade now and get credit for the blocking... then get to the league and..... we never hear a WORD from them EVER again

Honest answer now,,, would you trade LDR for Hurts if that was possible? o_O

And I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm the only one that watched our Spring game with a critical eye on the 4 QB's....
BTW, I had no favorite going into that game, I was interested to see how each performed, but I did come away with a favorite.. ;)

I just watched our QB's all throwing today in practice for about 5 minutes, Franks and LDR looked the best by far.. Franks is the only one with a rocket arm that needs no effort to hit the long routes and across field comebacks. Del Rio just knows when and where to put the football, he is what he is.

he would probably look pretty average and lost a lot with our OL forcing him to take off and run too often on 3rd and longs..

I just watched our QB's all throwing today in practice for about 5 minutes, Franks and LDR looked the best by far.. Franks is the only one with a rocket arm that needs no effort to hit the long routes and across field comebacks. Del Rio just knows when and where to put the football, he is what he is.

HS and the Spring game, strong armed Franks throws picks. He looks a bit like 'Happy Feet' to me, but maybe he'll grow out of that eventually. We'll see.

Trask on the other hand, threw ZERO Ints in HS and in the Spring game, and off his back foot he threw a ball from the 50 to the goal line that would have been a TD to Fr Hammond if not for a great play by AA Maye. Jus-sayin'

Last edited:
he would probably look pretty average and lost a lot with our OL forcing him to take off and run too often on 3rd and longs..
Hurts Run - 95 for 521 yds, 5.5 ypc, L-45 yds, 9 TD's.
I'd say that he'd have a pretty good chance of picking up at least the same kind of YPC that our RB's have. Have you watched that kid run the ball?

And that's also what I think that Trask could being to our offense, especially behind our OL. At 6-4 238 with a 4.6/40, he's bigger and faster than Tebow was as a Fr.

I'm fine with LDR for now but he can't be the long-term answer. Anytime you hear the coaches talk about him they talk about the knowledge of the offense, which is why he had the edge over guys like Grier even last year...experience. But the physical talent ain't there. And for somebody with so much knowledge he puts the ball up for grabs all the time. If Mizzou could catch they'd have picked him off 7 times. It was the same against North Texas where their defense dropped like 3. When you watch him play then watch other QB's around the country its blatant how much more limited he is.

And I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm the only one that watched our Spring game with a critical eye on the 4 QB's....
BTW, I had no favorite going into that game, I was interested to see how each performed, but I did come away with a favorite.. ;)

The moment you heard Kyle Trask committed to us, you've been kneeling at his alter.

Don't even pretend you "had no favorite."

That's like me saying "when I woke up this morning, I hadn't made a decision of I was going to drink after work or not.

have you watched the blocking that opens up the running for him? The running game that opens up the play action not to mention just the blocking alone... he would not look anywhere near the same with our personnel

if trask does anything wrong if he ever gets on the field this board will explode

More like if Trask doesn't start next year and for the next 3 years Insta will burn this b*tch down. He's already turned on the coaches because they won't play him lol.

Reactions: seffnergator
there's always the orange and blue game in a few months to update his status

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT