Global
Total Number of Cases: 104,963,559
Total Number Deaths: 2,286,850
Mortality Rate: 2.17%

US
Total Number of Cases: 26,680,261
Total Number of Deaths: 455,875
Mortality Rate: 1.7%

Thoughts: once again every couple of months the mortality rate globally and in the United States decreases.

God bless the United States of America. God bless the United States medical system. Being 0.5% lower in mortality rate compared to the rest of the world is an astronomical number when you’re dealing in the hundreds of millions. Remember that the next time anybody tells you the American medical system is not the best in the world.

In a conference call with my self four or five State Pulmonologist an epidemiologist and a couple of infectious disease doctors I know we all agreed that the actual mortality rate is probably around 0.8% in the United States. The difference is due to under reporting of actual cases and likely some over reporting of deaths.

Compare that to the mortality rate of influenza which was likely somewhere north of 5% in the mortality rate of bubonic plague which was 25% and this remains a wonderfully mild pandemic.

@Mt.DoraGator
@swissgator
@sjj11
@testy524
@dingyibvs

As the vaccine becomes more and more available both the total number of infections and the mortality rate will decline.

I highly recommend the vaccine as discussed before, Despite significant miss information on the Internet it is both safe and highly effective.

It is becoming increasingly harder and harder to justify shutting large parts of this country down to protect from a virus whose numbers are improving month by month. We are doing far more damage to our country through the shut downs and the virus is doing. All pandemics are tragic, but the historical, there are inevitable, and the cure can never be worse than the disease. Responses should be measured based on actual numbers and percentages, not fear and hysteria. And remember none of us invented the pandemic so don’t attack the person reporting the numbers. I spent damn near every day taking care of these patients and watching the unfortunate Wednesday. It’s tragic, but we have to think rationally not emotionally.

All of this reflects my opinion as always encourage everybody to follow the guidelines of the CDC, their state, and their local health departments.

Source:https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

Update
Global

US

Thoughts: once again every couple of months the mortality rate globally and in the United States decreases.
God bless the United States of America. God bless the United States medical system. Being 0.5% lower in mortality rate compared to the rest of the world is an astronomical number when you’re dealing in the hundreds of millions. Remember that the next time anybody tells you the American medical system is not the best in the world.
In a conference call with my self four or five State Pulmonologist an epidemiologist and a couple of infectious disease doctors I know we all agreed that the actual mortality rate is probably around 0.8% in the United States. The difference is due to under reporting of actual cases and likely some over reporting of deaths.

Compare that to the mortality rate of influenza which was likely somewhere north of 5% in the mortality rate of bubonic plague which was 25% and this remains a wonderfully mild pandemic.

@Mt.DoraGator
@swissgator
@sjj11
@testy524
@dingyibvs

As the vaccine becomes more and more available both the total number of infections and the mortality rate will decline.

I highly recommend the vaccine as discussed before, Despite significant miss information on the Internet it is both safe and highly effective.

It is becoming increasingly harder and harder to justify shutting large parts of this country down to protect from a virus whose numbers are improving month by month. We are doing far more damage to our country through the shut downs and the virus is doing. All pandemics are tragic, but the historical, there are inevitable, and the cure can never be worse than the disease. Responses should be measured based on actual numbers and percentages, not fear and hysteria. And remember none of us invented the pandemic so don’t attack the person reporting the numbers. I spent damn near every day taking care of these patients and watching the unfortunate Wednesday. It’s tragic, but we have to think rationally not emotionally.

All of this reflects my opinion as always encourage everybody to follow the guidelines of the CDC, their state, and their local health departments.

Just shut up and wear 5 masks 😉😂😂😂

Just shut up and wear 5 masks 😉😂😂😂
To be fair, it’s still hey substantially higher mortality rate even at 0.8% than a bad influenza year. But it’s a pandemic, just like combat, sadly there are casualties as you fight a war. But as the mortality rate continues to decline and has the virus does indeed continue to weaken, and as vaccines become more universal, I expect the mortality rate to continue to decline.

Thank God, and think operation warp speed, I think the American medical system, best in the world Especially during a crisis.

For my kids, I hope they open the schools here in MD soon. Even my 15yo who does not really like school wants to GO back to school.

For my kids, I hope they open the schools here in MD soon. Even my 15yo who does not really like school wants to GO back to school.
Yeah that’s the biggest horseshit of all. School should be reopened immediately. Kids are at the lowest level of danger and most teachers are not high risk in the ones that are can you get the vaccine or opt out for the semester. But forcing the kids to stay at home is cowardice at its worst On the part of the teachers of America.

Up here, its teacher unions and school boards, not really the teachers keeping schools closed.
Absolutely, That’s actually what I was referring to and I do not mean to cast aspersions on most teachers because most of them are willing. My kids have been back in school down here in the south since the fall. We’ve had a few hiccups but nothing bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCSpell
Every red blooded kid hates school with a passion. It's normal. But kids get bored easily and miss interaction with their friends. It's not healthy at all to be locked up and quarantined. They'll be anti-social old farts soon enough posting on sports message forums.:D

Update
Global

US

@Mt.DoraGator
@swissgator
@sjj11
@testy524
@dingyibvs

I agree with your assessment here. Why do you think mortality rate is lower here? Is it better hospital care? Faster recognition of the symptoms? I do think mask wearing and social distancing helps reduce the spread and possibly reduces the amount of virus one might inhale if exposed.

Reactions: goldmom
I agree with your assessment here. Why do you think mortality rate is lower here? Is it better hospital care? Faster recognition of the symptoms? I do think mask wearing and social distancing helps reduce the spread and possibly reduces the amount of virus one might inhale if exposed.
I think our medical care is better and I think our society is stronger. Also also think that’s why the reasons why we have such a high number of infected people is because we have the ability to keep unhealthy people live longer here in America until something like this hits.

I think mass probably help a little bit. In theory they may reduce the infectious load if you do get infected. But do I think we need to be mask Nazis about all of it, no. Social distancing may help some, but none of that should be done at the expense of our economy.

Just my opinion

Update
Global

US

@Mt.DoraGator
@swissgator
@sjj11
@testy524
@dingyibvs

This is the Case Mortality rate.

Now do the Infection Mortality rate. How does that compare with the flu?

My daughter had Covid in early November and we went into quarantine for 24 days. Thankfully, my wife was already on medical for ACF. My sons school went into quarantine the next week and he was only out 3 days more than the school.

When they came back they were open about 3 weeks when they had to shutdown again. Now these were not closings but just a move to online learning using Microsoft meetup video and Office 365. They had their midterms done remotely.

And, they got an extra week of Christmas vacation.

So far so good since the last re-open.

I have an uncle who got the plasma treatment yesterday. He said for him this is worse than the flu of '56. He came down with it last Friday.

My dad got the second Moderna shot on Jan 30th. I plan on visiting on the 21st of this month.

Nearby county said they’d go back when all the teachers were vaxxed.

Now that they’re nearing that the union says they’ll go back when all the kids are vaxxed.

It’s ridiculous
That's just an effing excuse to not go back to work. Lazy MFers!

To be fair, it’s still hey substantially higher mortality rate even at 0.8% than a bad influenza year. But it’s a pandemic, just like combat, sadly there are casualties as you fight a war. But as the mortality rate continues to decline and has the virus does indeed continue to weaken, and as vaccines become more universal, I expect the mortality rate to continue to decline.

Thank God, and think operation warp speed, I think the American medical system, best in the world Especially during a crisis.
I was messing with you. My brother just tested positive, no symptoms, crazy virus.

Glad to see America leading the way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT