ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Loser of the Early Signing Period?

[
Theo, you'd trade insta for a dozen more Nole posters in a second. :)

WoW! Even a yank-kee Mets-Loser criminole thinks that he can speak for any Gator fan, on their own board yet. That's just so typical of those loser little brothers, always seeking some Gator validations while thinking they can speak of the real Gator's.

A part of my Gator fan validation is, that most of the suck-azz crims hate me and they so wish that they could avoid my postings on a Gator board... :cool:
A few dust-bowl chokers, sloppy-drop hillbillies, and kensucky mildcats also fall into that loser's crowd. Makes me proud, just thinking about it... :p

Reactions: fsu939913
UF has paid out a small fortune in failed coaches and is paying even more for this one that averages over 5 losses/yr. with one glorious season with only 3 losses as his ceiling. I guess that's an improvement though. .

Remind me again, I forget... :confused:
Who was the Gator's 2x NC OC/QB/Play-caller from 2005-08??? o_O

Remind me again, I forget... :confused:
Who was the Gator's 2x NC OC/QB/Play-caller from 2005-08??? o_O

I need only remind you the head coach was most responsible for the those NC, evidenced by the fact that Urban has since won another whereas none of the assistants have a NC in the subsequent decade.

I need only remind you the head coach was most responsible for the those NC, evidenced by the fact that Urban has since won another whereas none of the assistants have a NC in the subsequent decade.
Of course the head coach gets alot of the credit but come on. Don’t make it sound like assistant coaches don’t play a big hand in a team winning a national title. (especially an OC and DC).

Cherry-pickin' your facts,,, as is usual... :rolleyes:

Urban never won another NC at UF after Mullen left here. Instead he went steadily down hill until he was finally 7-5 gonzo. And he's won only one in his 5 years at tOSU, and it was against LAC-12 Oregon.

While Mullen went to Stark-Vegas to become their best coach in history. That is like what Spurrier did at Duke and at SCa. :cool:
Put Urban or Saban at Vandy or Wake Forest, and then let's see how many NCs they can win. o_O

Remind me again, who was the 2x NC play-calling OC at Bama from 2008-2011. Jim something? McWhatsHisName?

Reactions: mnole03

Urban never won another NC at UF after Mullen left here. Instead he went steadily down hill until he was finally 7-5 gonzo. And he's won only one in his 5 years at tOSU, and it was against LAC-12 Oregon.

Do you know how playoffs work?

FSU will absolutely finish in the top 15.

Not necessarily. Taggart said today that FSU is only going to sign 16-18 players in this class. Signing under 20 players absolutely kills your Rivals ranking. See Clemson last year. Their class was #22 despite being 4th in average star ranking. That's why FSU's #51 ranking is completely meaningless (3rd in average star ranking). Quantity is a big factor in these rankings when you have <20 players.

You're clueless as always.

If the NC were assistant-driven, one of the three guys that became HC should have at least made the playoffs in the subsequent decade, while Urban would not have.

While Mullen went to Stark-Vegas to become their best coach in history. That is like what Spurrier did at Duke and at SCa. :cool:

Mullen avg. 5+ losses and the best season was 3 losses, when didn't he have a once in a blue moon QB as was the rap on FIsher with Winston?

Put Urban or Saban at Vandy or Wake Forest, and then let's see how many NCs they can win. o_O

"Put Urban or Saban ( or Spurrier?) at Vandy or Wake ( or Duke)" , and see what happens. Congrats.You make my premise for me. Mullen is without a doubt a step up from your previous recent coaches but to convince me that he is a slam dunk, he has to perform at a whole different level as he did as HC at MSU

Funny thing being a hypocrite... When Jumbo had better classes than UF, we were called losers because we won the recruiting title, but not on the field.

Now that you had a better early signing day, all of a sudden recruiting rankings matter? You can't have it both ways.

Did I say that recruiting rankings matter?
I've never really cared about the exact recruiting rankings like fsu fans often do. Only the quality of a class and if it meets your team's needs are what is most important.

Before the coaching changes at UF & FSU, both schools were ranked in the top 10 recruiting rankings. However, after the coaching changes, it looks like Dan Mullen made more of an immediate effect at UF than Taggert at FSU. FSU had lost commits and is down to only 8 players with many top players already signed elsewhere. Hence, the initial 70th ranking after early signing day.

Meanwhile, Florida has a respectable class at #22 and Mullen has a chance to keep improving upon that class.

Look on the bright side. There is still a month left for both schools to fill out their classes with more recruits. It now looks like Taggart has FSU heading in the right direction (#50 ranking) with a 5* DB from California.

"Put Urban or Saban ( or Spurrier?) at Vandy or Wake ( or Duke)" , and see what happens. Congrats.You make my premise for me. Mullen is without a doubt a step up from your previous recent coaches but to convince me that he is a slam dunk, he has to perform at a whole different level as he did as HC at MSU
Spurrier was at Duke. He won the ACC Championship as a coach there

Reactions: rdgtr
Recruiting is far from over. Let’s discuss after Feb signings
On that note, the early signing day is going to make the next 6 weeks or so very interesting. All schools now have their locks completely locked in. The unsigned recruits out there are the ones that had not yet decided at all, or committed but might be having second thoughts. There is also a significantly depleted base from which to recruit. A lot fewer recruits to chase.

So, I expect a lot of uncertainty, a lot of switches, a lot of surprises and a ton of pressure put on the remaining recruits by the various coaching staffs chasing them.

Reactions: rdgtr

With the way that recruiting has been going, it looks like Georgia will be Florida's/Mullen's toughest competition on their schedule for years to come.

Under Kirby Smart, the Bulldogs are in the college football play-offs for the national title (their 1st time since 1982), won the 2017 SEC title (1st time that an SEC-East team had won it since Florida did it in 2008), and are again tearing it up in the recruiting rankings. UGA is #1 with six 5*'s, jeesh!

As for Mullen, he should immediately improve Florida's offense than what the two previous UF coaches had done. Especially after landing a great duel-threat QB like Emory Jones.

Finally, if Mullen can compete at Misissippi St, in the SEC-W, think about how he will do with the resources that he will have at UF! Also, as the OC at Florida under Urban Meyer (2006-2008), Mullen had a lot of success offensively with the Gators!

Not necessarily. Taggart said today that FSU is only going to sign 16-18 players in this class. Signing under 20 players absolutely kills your Rivals ranking. See Clemson last year. Their class was #22 despite being 4th in average star ranking. That's why FSU's #51 ranking is completely meaningless (3rd in average star ranking). Quantity is a big factor in these rankings when you have <20 players.

Right now Clemson's average rating is second only to UGA I believe but they're not top 10 because they haven't signed a big class. That's been the case the last few years for them and only Bama, OSU, and FSU have signed more 5-stars the last few years. Its why I always laugh when people point to Clemson as an example of winning with less talent because they haven't had high rankings.

Reactions: rdgtr and Nolec
Right now Clemson's average rating is second only to UGA I believe but they're not top 10 because they haven't signed a big class. That's been the case the last few years for them and only Bama, OSU, and FSU have signed more 5-stars the last few years. Its why I always laugh when people point to Clemson as an example of winning with less talent because they haven't had high rankings.

Stanford last year is another good example. They finished #19, but were 3rd in star average. Only signed 14 players.

oozie, you played ball, right? Does Willie strike you as a guy you'd like to play for? Straight forward question. No hook.

oozie, you played ball, right? Does Willie strike you as a guy you'd like to play for? Straight forward question. No hook.

Yea why not? Played himself and even though that isn't the be all end all it's nice to be able to relate. From everything I've read he's a players coach and it's probably because he played. Throw in the fact they run wide open offenses on both sides of the ball and he'd be one of my top choices for sure. He'll recruit well at FSU I don't doubt it.

There's something about Taggert that seems a bit Zookish to me. Hard worker, enthusiastic, good recruiter, can't win games. But that's just me.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
I was born in Florida. Were you born on earth...this century?

As expected, cherry picked the part to answer.:rolleyes:
I'm a long time Gator on a Gator board, are you? o_O

Since my rivals account began in 1999, it takes a real dunce to ask if I was born this century. :cool: (but going by your clueless posts, you likely were) :confused:

No, I am not a Gator on a Gator board.

"Since my rivals account began in 1999, it takes a real dunce to ask if I was born this century".

You were really old in 1999. Question stands.

No, I am not a Gator on a Gator board.

"Since my rivals account began in 1999, it takes a real dunce to ask if I was born this century".

You were really old in 1999. Question stands me on my head..
Fixed that last part for ya.... :rolleyes:

Well, you just broke my boring poster meter, so you can now join the rest of the jerks in their closed circle of clueless idiots. IGNORE o_O
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

You watched his introductory press conference? I have been a FSU fan 25+ years and even I did not watch that.
Local news across the state all pretty much ran it. I damned sure didn't go looking for it. I laughed.

Local news across the state all pretty much ran it. I damned sure didn't go looking for it. I laughed.
Kind of sounds like you did! lol I mean with the coaching Carousel since Steve left UF, I have never accidentally stumbled upon a introductory coach press conference for UF, much less watched it. Talking about living rent free lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT