ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Loser of the Early Signing Period?

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
Biggest loser of early signing period? FSU a strong contender

The initial disappointment came as a result of QB Emory Jones. The Ohio State commit made a visit to Florida and Florida State before making a decision with hopes that the big time recruit would suit up for the Seminoles.

Unfortunately for FSU, Jones is heading to Gainesville and will join new Gators head coach Dan Mullen.

That would not be the only bad news involving a QB Wednesday. Michael Penix, a 3-star QB out of Tampa, was a target for FSU, but he decided to sign with Indiana.

The Seminoles would also lose 3-star LB commit Rosendo Louis to South Carolina. While that loss is likely an easier one to replace, there is no denying that FSU’s 2018 recruiting class is in need of a boost.

The initial disappointment came as a result of QB Emory Jones. The Ohio State commit made a visit to Florida and Florida State before making a decision with hopes that the big time recruit would suit up for the Seminoles.

Unfortunately for FSU, Jones is heading to Gainesville and will join new Gators head coach Dan Mullen.

That would not be the only bad news involving a QB Wednesday. Michael Penix, a 3-star QB out of Tampa, was a target for FSU, but he decided to sign with Indiana.

The Seminoles would also lose 3-star LB commit Rosendo Louis to South Carolina. While that loss is likely an easier one to replace, there is no denying that FSU’s 2018 recruiting class is in need of a boost.

No shame in losing a QB to Indiana. Mario and Leavitt will be in soon to help....oh wait

It's fairly stunning - on the composite they are currently ranked 64 BUT they've only signed 2 of the 8 kids listed. Things could get worse.

Pretty sure we were promised by noles that Taggart is a great recruiter, and possibly an upgrade to jimbo....

Reactions: GatorGray
giphy.gif

So he has done well?
For a guy who was recruiting for a college 3000 miles away last month and had no interaction with these targets until 2 weeks ago? Believe what you want but this has more to do with the previous staffs negligence than anything.

Reactions: goldmom
5 years in a row has made them goofy. For the first time in years they have cause to be happy. It's fine. Willie has been on campus 2 weeks. These guys know he is a threat. That is why they post thread after thread about it and say nothing of UGA "their biggest" rival. Free rent right now.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
BTW, Arkansas named Chad Morris as head coach one day after Taggart was named head coach at FSU. They signed 7 guys today. FSU signed, what 2?

Reactions: PacoGator19
why would I possibly want to click on click bait propaganda for FSU fans?

Has Taggart been successful in recruiting thus far?

Reactions: CompuGator
why would I possibly want to click on click bait propaganda for FSU fans?

Has Taggart been successful in recruiting thus far?
Here's a question for you. Do you really believe that fsu will have a class ranked 70 when it's all said and done?

Here's a question for you. Do you really believe that fsu will have a class ranked 70 when it's all said and done?

I’ve heard this line of argument before.

I think they’re in good shape.

We were ranked 92 when Mac took over and he finished top 25.

Reactions: rdgtr
FSU could sign Arkansas quality recruits but continuing to be the best team in the state means the goals are higher.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
I’ve heard this line of argument before.

I think they’re in good shape.

We were ranked 92 when Mac took over and he finished top 25.
It is a good comparison. That said, the universe of talent is a lot smaller now that it was back then, with the early signing period.

I'm glad FSU didn't sign Penix. Not impressed with him at all. Save that scholarship for next year and sign someone better.

It is a good comparison. That said, the universe of talent is a lot smaller now that it was back then, with the early signing period.

Not to mention, Muschamp and staff did decent job of recruiting the defensive side of the ball before they left and the D players are what carried that ranking.

God you are a dipshit.
Give the gators and canes fans a break. They have not had much to cheer about for a long time.

I remember when UF fans would call FSU fans out for this on these boards. What was it something like “pre season dap”... “Recruiting trophies” and so on... now look at them! Can’t even wait till national signing day to get the pre season dap lol

Reactions: fsu939913
Give the gators and canes fans a break. They have not had much to cheer about for a long time.

I remember when UF fans would call FSU fans out for this on these boards. What was it something like “pre season dap”... “Recruiting trophies” and so on... now look at them! Can’t even wait till national signing day to get the pre season dap lol

But notice which board (Gators) we are on, and where you are flappin' your lips... o_O

IF we were on YOUR board talking recruiting, then you'd have a valid point. As it is, your only point is on the top of your pin-head.... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT