ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Solves High Gas Prices

Hey brother. BSCuck as he is known around here literally works at Whataburger. About a year ago he asked me to meet him for lunch, when I got to Whataburger to meet him I thought he stood me up. When I texted him, he texted back “come to the drive thru”. When I did, that little booger was frying up french fries like there was no tomorrow.

He is known for his expertise in cooking oils, temps and times. He gets confused sometimes between cooking oils and the black gold. I wouldn’t worry about him/her.

FWIW. We are producing about 1.2 million barrels less per day than the peak trump years.

I see fry cuck has you and @NavigatorII
(occasionally) on ignore.

The vegetable 🌶 caused this and he doesn’t give a hang

Brandon Shrugs Off High Gas Prices: ‘Can’t Do Much Right Now’​

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Orangeclad
No you have not...because you know the ONLY explanation is that Biden is 100% responsible. ANYONE that has a functioning brain knows this.
Dude, aren’t you a used car salesman? Stay in your lane.

According to that logic, I guess Trump was 100% responsible for the recession.

Dude, aren’t you a used car salesman? Stay in your lane.

According to that logic, I guess Trump was 100% responsible for the recession.
Please tell me you are not on your Mom's computer playing adult? I admit I am older...and maturity DOES come with age, but I am not used to sparring with a child. Or are you just not very mature? And Trump was not President in 2008...Hussein was

Reactions: gatordad3
BScuck lives in Bizarro World. Everything he utters is the opposite of truth. Maybe we can patent that? Would make a great tool for all things for negative confirmation-wise. We simply reverse the wiring to get correct answers. 🤣
We are WAY too late for that...the democrats alreay own the patent! LOL

Even if Biden opened everything for drilling, oil companies must actually be willing to invest in new production. They aren’t doing that right now because it takes about 18 months for new production to come online and they anticipate that the current price spike will have fallen by then. They still remember what happened a couple of years ago with the Russia/Saudi price war.

Please tell me you are not on your Mom's computer playing adult? I admit I am older...and maturity DOES come with age, but I am not used to sparring with a child. Or are you just not very mature? And Trump was not President in 2008...Hussein was
The 2020 recession, dude. Did you forget about the 22 million unemployed?

Trump was president so he must be 100% responsible. That’s the rules you laid out.

Hiw deep into the Trump cult are you?
a. The usual, MAGA hats, tshirts and flags.
b. Injected bleach
c. still think he will be reinstated
d. Stormed the Capitol
e. All of the above.

Last edited:
Anyone else get this email? See you there.

You’re invited to UF Track & Field Annual Alumni Reunion (April 1, 2022)

Let’s get together​

We’re hosting a new event, and we’d love to see you there. Join us for UF Track & Field Annual Alumni Reunion, April 1, 2022 at 6:00 PM - 9 PM.
We hope you’re able to join us!

Still only 3.49 in Houston. Better get used to it ladies, we’re in a war.

Even if Biden opened everything for drilling, oil companies must actually be willing to invest in new production. They aren’t doing that right now because it takes about 18 months for new production to come online and they anticipate that the current price spike will have fallen by then. They still remember what happened a couple of years ago with the Russia/Saudi price war.
BS. I often wonder if you all are lying, or just really do not understand what you are typing.

Defend at all cost.

If you don't think the policies of this administration, or of previous administration's, can and do affect the price of oil or energy in general, well you're just a special sort of sheep.

A little pain for Americans was good for the green new deal...and now they're screwed because of Putin’s actions. They aren't responsible for what Russia is doing (perhaps they are a bit) but they are responsible for their own actions.

Further they are responsible for the response...and so far, especially domestically, the response to rising oil prices has been garbage. This is a failure of leadership.

So spin away and run cover for the potato in chief if you must but you should realize that you are fooling no one, not even yourself.

Defend at all cost.

If you don't think the policies of this administration, or of previous administration's, can and do affect the price of oil or energy in general, well you're just a special sort of sheep.

A little pain for Americans was good for the green new deal...and now they're screwed because of Putin’s actions. They aren't responsible for what Russia is doing (perhaps they are a bit) but they are responsible for their own actions.

Further they are responsible for the response...and so far, especially domestically, the response to rising oil prices has been garbage. This is a failure of leadership.

So spin away and run cover for the potato in chief if you must but you should realize that you are fooling no one, not even yourself.

Just thought it was funny. I’ve been trading stocks, oil, metals for too long.

I’ve been trading stocks, oil, metals for too long.

If true then you know firsthand that all are affected by reactionaries. It's not always the nuts and bolts.

In Florida I was always amused how reactionary comments to a "freeze" would increase the price of citrus despite the fact that deliveries of citrus were not affected and were typically greater than the previous years. Ditto for strawberries.

Reactions: nail1988
Just thought it was funny. I’ve been trading stocks, oil, metals for too long.
What’s you favorite picks.

I recommended LNG and WHD on here they’ve bot skyrocketed. I try to help these guys but do they listen…..

"I have a guy." If I tried to get him to invest my money based on the crap you post here, he'd have a come apart.
Smart man. Anyone that takes investing advice from internet bloggers deserves to lose their money.

But I happened to be right this time. Blind squirrel.

Reactions: Kingseve1
Oil execs push back on jen bukkake psaki and joey bribes.

Stolen from another board...

From a petroleum expert, Tom West, in Houston...

Jen Psaki gives a very misleading statement on oil leases in the March 3rd, 2022 Press Conference:

Press Question: We also know, you know, the President, as recently as yesterday, talked about increasing domestic manufacturing to bring down prices on inflated items like goods. So why not apply the same logic to energy and increase domestic production here?

MS. PSAKI: Well, there are 9,000 approved oil leases that the oil companies are not tapping into currently. So I would ask them that question.

Here is the answer (it is long):

1) There are ~9,000 exploration leases that are held by industry but most of those *don't have any recoverable oil on them. Exploration leases are bought on speculation of a risked possibility of economic oil on them based on sparse data.

There is not oil everywhere beneath the ground. Only about 15% of the exploration leases purchased will end up with oil being found on them, and when you buy them you don't know which ones those are (that is why it is called “exploration”. There is a long process to find out which ones have actual recoverable oil on them.

1) The first thing you do after getting the lease is to acquire more accurate data through acquisition of new seismic data or reprocessing older data. This process takes anywhere from 6 months to a few years. The data is expensive and requires specialized boats and computers to acquire and/or process. You need this more accurate data to help you decide which of the leases you bought actually have a reasonable chance of having oil on them.

2) Once you have this more accurate data the odds of success will either decrease to around 10% on most of the leases or increase to around 25% on a few leases.

You will not drill the ones with a 10% chance of success. You don't do this exercise lightly because deep-water exploration wells cost between $150 to $250 million dollars to drill as they will be generally 4-6 miles deep, drilled with diamond-tipped bits, and continuously lined with concrete and steel for safety. If you just randomly drill wells that expensive in areas with a low chance of success, you will end up going bankrupt and drilling mostly dry holes with no oil on them.

3) Once you decide where to drill, based on a chance of success, generally better than 20%, you have to get a permit to drill, and lease a drilling rig capable of drilling the well. As part of the permit process you have to demonstrate that you can drill safely and environmentally responsibly, and contain any accidents or spills, in order to get the permit. The permit is at the whim of the government regulators and generally takes several months to obtain. The rig availability is also something you have to consider. To get a rig to drill the well, which is specialized equipment in a competitive market, you may have to lease the rig for one to two years and have several drill sites ready to go and permitted. Day rates for deep water rigs are generally in the range of $200,000 to $250,000 per day and a single well will usually take 60 to 200 days to drill safely. So you have a high incentive to drill once a rig is under contract.

4) This entire exploration well process generally takes *between 1 and 7 years, and most leases will be given back to the government un-drilled because the odds of finding economic oil will never get above 20% and so you would lose money by drilling them. But you do not know that when you purchase them. You have to acquire the data, analyze it, risk the well and do complex economic analysis.

So no, it is not true that oil companies are sitting on thousands of leases with lots of oil on them and is just choosing not to tap them. Exploration is a high risk, data, and time-intensive process.

5) Right now all new government lease sales have been cancelled and drilling permits are getting harder to get. There are constant threats to make the regulatory process more onerous and more expensive.

6) The entire time the leases are held, the government is paid for the leases whether the oil companies drill on them or not. There is an initial lease bonus paid and annual rentals which are paid directly to the U.S. treasury. If oil is found and produced the government gets a royalty share of every barrel produced.

7) The *U.S. government is the only entity guaranteed to make money off of leasing and oil production.

For oil companies it is about managing a high risk business and trying to maximize oil production and minimize drilling expensive dry holes (where no oil is found.)

Still the *majority of exploration wells will come up dry because there is only so much you can reduce the unknown elements of nature. Oil companies have been doing this for over 100 years so we have a good understanding of the odds and risks involved.

8.) Currently, there are about 650 active drill rigs, drilling wells in United States, most of them drilling onshore wells. This is an increase of about 250 rigs compared to this time last year. The offshore is where most of the large yet-to-find oil fields are statistically, likely to be, is seeing a decrease of active drilling rigs because of the cancellation of recent lease sales. The U.S. Gulf of Mexico offshore has one of the largest amounts of yet-to-be-found oil anywhere in the world based on statistics but to find it takes a lot of time and money and no new exploration leasing is currently allowed. Once you find an oil field a given field will generally be able to produce oil for 15-50 years.

1) There are ~9,000 exploration leases that are held by industry but most of those *don't have any recoverable oil on them. Exploration leases are bought on speculation of a risked possibility of economic oil on them based on sparse data.
8.) Currently, there are about 650 active drill rigs, drilling wells in United States, most of them drilling onshore wells. This is an increase of about 250 rigs compared to this time last year. The offshore is where most of the large yet-to-find oil fields are statistically, likely to be, is seeing a decrease of active drilling rigs because of the cancellation of recent lease sales. The U.S. Gulf of Mexico offshore has one of the largest amounts of yet-to-be-found oil anywhere in the world based on statistics but to find it takes a lot of time and money and no new exploration leasing is currently allowed. Once you find an oil field a given field will generally be able to produce oil for 15-50 years.
This is exactly what we've been saying on this board, Brandon is allowing leases on tracts they feel confident are non producers. "Approved for failure". Typical Dimtard behavior to further an agenda.
We've repeatedly brought this to BScuck's attention, our "oil and gas" armchair keyboard warrior. His answer?

BewitchedLinearIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

What’s you favorite picks.

I recommended LNG and WHD on here they’ve bot skyrocketed. I try to help these guys but do they listen…..

Man, thanks everything I recommend either tanks or goes up😁.

My last day trade or swing was in March of 2020. I got railed on a big buy of a 3x OIL etf and I haven’t traded since. What really sucks is I was right in that oil would go up big, but I lost big money. My biggest wins were in GOLD miners and PLUG power, which I still own.

I do believe the hyrdrogen space is going to boom

Reactions: BSC911
Stolen from another board...

From a petroleum expert, Tom West, in Houston...

Jen Psaki gives a very misleading statement on oil leases in the March 3rd, 2022 Press Conference:

Press Question: We also know, you know, the President, as recently as yesterday, talked about increasing domestic manufacturing to bring down prices on inflated items like goods. So why not apply the same logic to energy and increase domestic production here?

MS. PSAKI: Well, there are 9,000 approved oil leases that the oil companies are not tapping into currently. So I would ask them that question.

Here is the answer (it is long):

There is not oil everywhere beneath the ground. Only about 15% of the exploration leases purchased will end up with oil being found on them, and when you buy them you don't know which ones those are (that is why it is called “exploration”. There is a long process to find out which ones have actual recoverable oil on them.

1) The first thing you do after getting the lease is to acquire more accurate data through acquisition of new seismic data or reprocessing older data. This process takes anywhere from 6 months to a few years. The data is expensive and requires specialized boats and computers to acquire and/or process. You need this more accurate data to help you decide which of the leases you bought actually have a reasonable chance of having oil on them.

2) Once you have this more accurate data the odds of success will either decrease to around 10% on most of the leases or increase to around 25% on a few leases.

You will not drill the ones with a 10% chance of success. You don't do this exercise lightly because deep-water exploration wells cost between $150 to $250 million dollars to drill as they will be generally 4-6 miles deep, drilled with diamond-tipped bits, and continuously lined with concrete and steel for safety. If you just randomly drill wells that expensive in areas with a low chance of success, you will end up going bankrupt and drilling mostly dry holes with no oil on them.

3) Once you decide where to drill, based on a chance of success, generally better than 20%, you have to get a permit to drill, and lease a drilling rig capable of drilling the well. As part of the permit process you have to demonstrate that you can drill safely and environmentally responsibly, and contain any accidents or spills, in order to get the permit. The permit is at the whim of the government regulators and generally takes several months to obtain. The rig availability is also something you have to consider. To get a rig to drill the well, which is specialized equipment in a competitive market, you may have to lease the rig for one to two years and have several drill sites ready to go and permitted. Day rates for deep water rigs are generally in the range of $200,000 to $250,000 per day and a single well will usually take 60 to 200 days to drill safely. So you have a high incentive to drill once a rig is under contract.

4) This entire exploration well process generally takes *between 1 and 7 years, and most leases will be given back to the government un-drilled because the odds of finding economic oil will never get above 20% and so you would lose money by drilling them. But you do not know that when you purchase them. You have to acquire the data, analyze it, risk the well and do complex economic analysis.

So no, it is not true that oil companies are sitting on thousands of leases with lots of oil on them and is just choosing not to tap them. Exploration is a high risk, data, and time-intensive process.

5) Right now all new government lease sales have been cancelled and drilling permits are getting harder to get. There are constant threats to make the regulatory process more onerous and more expensive.

6) The entire time the leases are held, the government is paid for the leases whether the oil companies drill on them or not. There is an initial lease bonus paid and annual rentals which are paid directly to the U.S. treasury. If oil is found and produced the government gets a royalty share of every barrel produced.

7) The *U.S. government is the only entity guaranteed to make money off of leasing and oil production.

For oil companies it is about managing a high risk business and trying to maximize oil production and minimize drilling expensive dry holes (where no oil is found.)

Still the *majority of exploration wells will come up dry because there is only so much you can reduce the unknown elements of nature. Oil companies have been doing this for over 100 years so we have a good understanding of the odds and risks involved.

Tom’s an offshore guy so is speaking mainly about offshore wells. Theres a much higher success rate for onshore wells. He’s right though, we need to develop our offshore resources. That’s one of Biden’s biggest mistakes, but easily corrected. And, again, it would have zero to do with current gas prices since the resources take billions of dollars and years to develop. In fact, the offshore industry shut down even before the pandemic or Biden because of poor returns.

And the fact remains, there are still plenty of available wells waiting to be drilled today. With or without the federal leases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT