ADVERTISEMENT

A very strange similarity between Gators and Noles that cannot be ignored...

No similarity whatsever. UT was not gifted with 6 clearly wrong change of possession wrong calls . If video review had of been in place UF would have pasted FSU by 24 and no shot at a miracle end of game play. 24 points difference is a conservative number by the way, if you go back and watch that game.

Reactions: GatorTheo
No similarity whatsever. UT was not gifted with 6 clearly wrong change of possession wrong calls . If video review had of been in place UF would have pasted FSU by 24 and no shot at a miracle end of game play. 24 points difference is a conservative number by the way, if you go back and watch that game.
FSU's 'win' was more like sinking a long putt to 'win' when you failed to count 6 strokes.

I actually thought the same thing watching it. Very astute sad.

And way to get the locals fired up. Nice job.

Jesus how do u breathe with all those tears flowing down ur face

FSU's 'win' was more like sinking a long putt to 'win' when you failed to count 6 strokes.

So the gators didnt get the benefit of 1 call? U sound like an fsu fan, it was the refs fault. No, it wasnt. Both teams had calls go against them that shouldnt have, it happens every game even with video replay becuz not everything is reviewable. U would be shocked what how 1 holding call changes the game completely. U lost, get over it.

The situation has nothing to do with the exactness of the play itself, and the throw in about the same exact spot and into the same endzone...

Just like how the play yesterday was the same formation and same exact yardage on the same exact side of the field as the UT game winning TD two years ago...

Reactions: sadgator
So the gators didnt get the benefit of 1 call? U sound like an fsu fan, it was the refs fault. No, it wasnt. Both teams had calls go against them that shouldnt have, it happens every game even with video replay becuz not everything is reviewable. U would be shocked what how 1 holding call changes the game completely. U lost, get over it.

No, that game in 03 was still the worst officiated game i've ever seen in a Florida game. The officials had a website dedicated for it it was so bad as ACC refs, and lost their jobs doing those games after. The swindle in the Swamp can't be played down not even by FSU fans.

No, that game in 03 was still the worst officiated game i've ever seen in a Florida game. The officials had a website dedicated for it it was so bad as ACC refs, and lost their jobs doing those games after. The swindle in the Swamp can't be played down not even by FSU fans.

So no holding call was missed? No pass interference? Its only considered a swindle by the gator fans. Losers always have an excuse.

There was at least two TD's taken away from Florida in that game and one given to FSU.. It's not fans whining, it actually happened that game.. plus much more

I have a neighbor that brings it up a few times a year still. It is like an SNL skit. It's hilarious.

The underlying reason for the Swindall was the ACC champion who had an automatic BCS bid would have had three losses.
ACC refs weren't about to allow that to happen. Would have been too embarrassing

The underlying reason for the Swindall was the ACC champion who had an automatic BCS bid would have had three losses.
ACC refs weren't about to allow that to happen. Would have been too embarrassing

conspiracy much?

Wow! I now have a new favorite Gator game. F.W.I.W., we had Lane Fenner review the game tape and he only thought there was one missed fumble.

LOL.... ^ Revisionist history. EVERYTHING on a turnover is reviewable. Right out of gate on the kickoff negating a TD that was incorrectly blown. This happened during the Jim Rome heyday. He pasted the officials as utterly incompetent if not crooked.
Rome:"Coach, what did you think about the officiating in Saturday's Florida/FSU game?"

Bowden, "I think the refs might have gotten 1 or 2 calls wrong."

Rome: "You sure it wasn't more like 5 or 6?"

:mad:

Reactions: rdgtr and sadgator
Well I take back what I said. If no less of an expert then Jim Rome had a problem then I guess there must have been multiple bad calls. Who in their right mind would ever question anything that came out of Jim Rome's pie-hole?

Miami Herald on ACC idiot refs: "But on balance, it was hard not to reach this conclusion: The last athletic event this poorly officiated featured Andre The Giant."

Miami Herald on how badly the Gators beat the Semi's on the field before the All Cheating Crew of refs stepped in with the Hose Job of all time:There is no instant replay in college football, so Florida had to accept each call. Had the five calls gone the other way, Florida likely would have won in a rout. Two of the Seminoles' fumbles occurred just before they scored touchdowns (14 points), and a Florida fumble was recovered and returned for a score (seven points). Subtract 21 points and FSU is left with 17 points. Also, the Gators were in a position to return two fumbles for touchdowns (14 points), and a third would have given them field position to kick a field goal (three points). Add 17 points to UF's total, and the final score would have been Florida 51, Florida State 17. If you are an FSU fan and you read that score, you are furious right now, because, of course, it's all irrelevant. The Seminoles won because Chris Rix hit P.K. Sam with a 52-yard TD pass with 55 seconds left. The idea of reading the 51-17 score is infuriating, so imagine just how angry the Gators were after the loss --- because all five calls did go the other way." Do you get it now, Nole fans?

Matt Hayes on Instant replay and how it would have shown the Gators Beat The Semi's in the Swindle in the Swamp: Either pay up now, or pay later like Florida, which watched officials blow at least four fumble calls in a last-minute loss to Florida State. With a win over the Seminoles, the Gators would have gone to the Capital One Bowl ($5.1 million payout) instead of the Outback Bowl ($2.65 million). Now that's blasphemy.

Paul Finebaum, Bama homer, on ACC crooked Refs and the job Ron Zook did: He came within a whisker of winning at Miami and if you discount any one of the several absolutely criminal officiating calls by the ACC refs, the Gators would have beaten FSU

Game Recap, CollegeFootballNews.com

Recap says that the game "will be remembered for some horrendous calls from the officials making the wrong call on several plays that would've turned the tide of the game, mostly for Florida." The Recap later says that "Gator fans will complain, and rightly so, that the team got hosed by bad play call after bad play call . . . "

http://www.collegefootballnews.c...lorida.htm

Pete Futiak, CollegeFootballNews.com

Regarding the weekend games, Futiak says: "The disappointment was the officiating in the Florida State-Florida game. This was one of the best games of the season that will be remembered as much for the missed calls as for the brilliant final drive by Chris Rix."

http://www.collegefootballnews.c.../Dec_1.htm

Who's Hot, Who's Not, CollegeFootballNews.com

Under Who's Not: "Officials in the Florida State-Florida game. There's always the adage that officials don't win or lose games, but Florida Gator fans might want to disagree after several badly missed fumble calls highlighted by a down Ciatrick Fason fumble that was returned for an FSU score by Pat Watkins. Florida would have own going away if at least two of the calls had gone its way . . ."

http://www.collegefootballnews.c...nd_not.htm

Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN.com

After a question during a Chat session, Herbstreit says: "Every national analyst and talking head from one time to another has had an opinion about how horribly officiated that game was. We can't go back and change the 5 or 6 blown calls that affected the outcome of that game. I said after the game Sat. night that was the best game in college football this year, but unfortunately it was also the worst officiated game I have seen all year. I don't know if I can ever recall so many game-changing blown calls. If you are a Florida fan, I feel for you .. but at this point, I don't know if anything can be done."

proxy.espn.go.com/chat/ch...nt_id=4424

Stewart Mandel, SI.com

Mandel lists FSU as his Team of the Week, but notes that they "got a little help from the refs". Lists FSU vs UF as the Game of the Week and says: "And, of course, the game wouldn't have been complete without some extra story lines, mainly several blown calls on fumbles that all went against the Gators, and a post-game brawl . . ." In his Closing Thought, he devotes four paragraphs to calling for instant replay. Here are his 2nd and 3rd paragraphs: "However, the officiating in Saturday's Florida State-Florida game was so overwhelmingly bad, so costly to one of the participants, that I can't help but rethink my stance. Normally bad calls have a way of evening themselves out over the course of a contest, but not this time. Not to take anything away from the Seminoles' effort, especially since Florida still had every opportunity to win the game, but the Gators did get severely screwed right from the opening kickoff, when Florida's Dallas Baker clearly stripped FSU return man Antonio Cromartie, only to have the officials rule Cromartie was down. If it had stopped there, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. But, no, the hits kept coming for poor Florida. Like the 'Noles tying the score late in the third quarter on a 25-yard fumble return that wasn't a fumble because Gators running back Ciatrick Fason had hit the ground about a full second earlier. Or Gators linebacker Channing Crowder emerging from the pile with a Leon Washington fumble, stopping an FSU drive at the Florida 3, only to have the refs credit Washington with retaining it."

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...index.html

Read more: http://sadovin.proboards.com/thread/37565#ixzz4t47cRbIN

Well I really take back what I said now. Eff Rome, we now have opinions from the very bestest of football minds: Matt Hayes, Paul Finebaum and Pete Futiak, Kirk Herbstreit and Stewart Mandel, . LMFAO. If I was you guys I would stop crying and SUE FSU. LOL

Matt Hayes, the Sporting News

Hayes says it time to quit worrying about tradition and start using instant replay in college football. He says: "It's about getting it right when one call can be the difference between a BCS bowl and a trip to San Antonio. It's about putting the game in the hands of players and coaches, not officials." He then reviews initial steps by the Big 10 to request a waiver to allow instant replay. He points out that many dollars are at stake in these games and then ends the article this way: "Either pay up now, or pay later like Florida, which watched officials blow at least four fumble calls in a last-minute loss to Florida State. With a win over the Seminoles, the Gators would have gone to the Capital One Bowl ($5.1 million payout) instead of the Outback Bowl ($2.65 million)."

msnbc.msn.com/id/4307622/

Joey Johnston, NBCSports.com

Under Game of the Year, Johnston says: "This game may be best remembered for questionable officiating (the ACC crew seemed to miss six calls on fumbles or non-fumbles, all going against the Gators) and an ugly post-game brawl at midfield (the Seminoles broke out a Gator-head, then taunted their opponents by dancing on the midfield "F' logo in Gainesville)."

msnbc.msn.com/id/3671428/

MSNBC staff

In a column titled, Ask the College Football Expert, there is a question and response about the UF/FSU game. I've copied the question and first paragraph of the response for brevity: "Q: In light of the poor officiating in the Florida State-Florida game, why aren’t crews from neutral conferences regularly used in non-conferences games, especially the marquee ones? — From Don in Denver A: Good question, Don. Just to refresh everyone’s memory, the Florida State-Florida game in Gainesville employed ACC officials (from the conference of visiting FSU) as per the contract agreed upon by both schools. You’d like to think there’s impartiality, but such sensibilities often are washed away in a fiery rivalry like FSU-Florida. All the questionable calls (involving fumbles or non-fumbles) went against Florida. After a while, you had to scratch your head."

msnbc.msn.com/id/3661124/

Jim Rome on Rome is Burning

This week’s meltdown goes to the ACC officiating crew that just about ruined last week’s Florida-Florida State game. While it may have been the best game of the year, it certainly was the worst officiated game of the year, if not ever. Not only did the officials butcher no less than 6 calls, every single one of them went against the Crocs. They were jammed up from the opening kick to the final whistle. And yes, I’m the first guy to scream "Scoreboard" whenever someone cries about the officiating, but that was brutal.
"The United States of America - Saving the World Since 1776!"

But Ron Zook probably would have not been fired the next year.

You are exactly right, guy. That was the absolutely worst officiated game ever. If there had been instant replay, Florida would have won and it wouldn't have been close. National sportwriters called it the Swindle in the Swamp (not just local beat writers), as there were at least 6-7 calls that were blatantly wrong that went against the Gators. Just thinking about it still pisses me off!

LOL.... ^ Revisionist history. EVERYTHING on a turnover is reviewable. Right out of gate on the kickoff negating a TD that was incorrectly blown. This happened during the Jim Rome heyday. He pasted the officials as utterly incompetent if not crooked.
Rome:"Coach, what did you think about the officiating in Saturday's Florida/FSU game?"

Bowden, "I think the refs might have gotten 1 or 2 calls wrong."

Rome: "You sure it wasn't more like 5 or 6?"

:mad:

So ubguys take the ball off the kickoff and then we pick off the next play for 6. Then none of those other calls hapoen. U realize that right? If ONE of those calls go ur way, then the other five did not happen. I dont why this is so hard to understand. Also, they were not all wrong on the calls. Most of them were 50/50 and each side is goijg to say they should have gotten the call.

No just the most logical reason for the refs to call it the way they did.

ACC refs hate fsu. There has been research done that proves this. There was a game where the ref was moving the ball for wake forest during a measurement. Clemson game last yr when dalvin broke a long run and our fullback got called for clipping or some bs.

So ubguys take the ball off the kickoff and then we pick off the next play for 6. Then none of those other calls hapoen. U realize that right? If ONE of those calls go ur way, then the other five did not happen. I dont why this is so hard to understand. Also, they were not all wrong on the calls. Most of them were 50/50 and each side is goijg to say they should have gotten the call.
You didn't do jackshit the entire game other than a bomb at the end. The fix was in. 6 MFing game changing calls on turnovers. In the NFL, you have 3 turnovers go against you and you get an ass kicking. 6!!!!!!! It is utterly amazing UF ever led in this game. And it still took a miracle for the SOW to criminole it out at the end. That's shameful and embarrassing...........but it signaled the end for Zook. The only silver lining. Florida pounded the nulls intot the ground that day.

Reactions: ocalaman
The putt went in. FSU won.

After kicking the ball out of the rough six times into the fairway. Fortunately there will never be an ACC official in the Swamp ever again, and instant replay won't let it happen again even in Crappyhassee. I say busted legs are karma
Chief Broken Knee.

You didn't do jackshit the entire game other than a bomb at the end. The fix was in. 6 MFing game changing calls on turnovers. In the NFL, you have 3 turnovers go against you and you get an ass kicking. 6!!!!!!! It is utterly amazing UF ever led in this game. And it still took a miracle for the SOW to criminole it out at the end. That's shameful and embarrassing...........but it signaled the end for Zook. The only silver lining. Florida pounded the nulls intot the ground that day.

Jesus ur a retard. Hold that L for me. Cry some more. U got sharted on. Take it and deal with it. We gave a whipping, u received. Wahhhhbb

After kicking the ball out of the rough six times into the fairway. Fortunately there will never be an ACC official in the Swamp ever again, and instant replay won't let it happen again even in Crappyhassee. I say busted legs are karma
Chief Broken Knee.

Havent we beat u like 6 out of 7?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT