ADVERTISEMENT

80,000 and counting.

Not sure what that has to do with me. GOMM and I have had our differences but I've seen him take you to task more than once on "your" board. Either way, I'm my own man...and you and I have conversed before.

Both cities are garbage. Are we looking for the tallest midget?
Sorry, I didn’t remember you. How did you fare?

Il have to say, you seem to be more willing to converse than most of the others on here who just throw Childish names out. You toe the Trump party line a bit too much for my tastes, but that’s all right. Quite an improvement vent over Ghost Boy.

Same modeling that predicted that we would lose 2 million?

Newsflash, we're in uncharted territory. None of these people know what they're talking about. Very smart people, people I still try to believe in today, cannot abide by what they said or predicted 30 days ago.
Different model with different assumptions. That’s how models work.

I know people like to throw out the 2 million figure, but it was actually 1 to 2 million with no social distancing measures, which then overwhelmed the hospitals. So obviously the lockdown has saved lives. That’s a good thing, right? I don’t know why you fault the models for help saving lives.

Not sure what that has to do with me. GOMM and I have had our differences but I've seen him take you to task more than once on "your" board. Either way, I'm my own man...and you and I have conversed before.

Both cities are garbage. Are we looking for the tallest midget?
BTW, San Fran is an awesome city. Have you ever been? If not, don’t listen to the fake news that there’s poop everywhere.

As far as comparing the two cities, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that has ever gone to Birmingham on vacation. That should tell you something.

BTW, San Fran is an awesome city. Have you ever been? If not, don’t listen to the fake news that there’s poop everywhere.

As far as comparing the two cities, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that has ever gone to Birmingham on vacation. That should tell you something.
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/feces-on-streets-increasing-in-san-francisco/

https://sf.curbed.com/2019/11/19/20972482/feces-complaints-san-francisco-311-rent-hop

960x0.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adaman...-porta-potty-scandal-as-human-waste-piles-up/

I left my feces in San Francisco

In 1962 Tony Bennett recorded a song that would become his signature song, The song was titled: “I left my heart in San Francisco ” and became a huge hit receiving Grammy Awards as the Best Single and Best Solo Vocal Performance Male. It sold 14 million copies. At the time, San Francisco was viewed as one of America’s most beautiful cities and the song reflected a very favorable view of the city.

We now fast forward to present day San Francisco and few hearts are being left there, as hearts have been replaced with human feces. The city has been reeling from an uncontrollable homeless problem which has led to public sidewalks being occupied, public urination and feces littering the streets and sidewalks.

https://www.dailycommercial.com/opinion/20191124/from-right-i-left-my-feces-in-san-francisco

Poop statistics
San-Fran-poop-map-1024x819.png

ac571a5437aa87fc3036e4b36ab6bfb4

3mbou4.jpg

Yeah, fake news. LOL. But I do know there IS something fake around here.
BTW, there are major conventions who have already pulled out of SF or will be citing safety and "street conditions" as factors.

Last edited:
Still better than Birmingham. Sorry. And you can just avoid the shitty areas(pun intended), just like all major cities.
Aside from the crappy weather back in 1993, my only visit to Birmingham for the Florida Bama game, I actually enjoyed my weekend there.

My last business was April, 2003 in South San Francisco. S. San Francisco is a city. People were bailing out of San Fran especially for Oakland for so much San Fran mismanagement. Street corners were becoming littered with panhandlers.

You had to visit certain areas of Birmingham to find such. Birmingham wasn't overwhelmed with people trying to flee.

My old colleagues today tell me San Fran was a paradise then compared to now.

My last business was April, 2003 in South San Francisco. S. San Francisco is a city. People were bailing out of San Fran especially for Oakland for so much San Fran mismanagement. Street corners were becoming littered with panhandlers.

You had to visit certain areas of Birmingham to find such. Birmingham wasn't overwhelmed with people trying to flee.

My old colleagues today tell me San Fran was a paradise then compared to now.
Sorry, no matter how hard you try.

San Fran>>>>>>>>>>>>Waco>>>>>>>>>>>Birmingham

And those two shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath as SF.

But you Righties always focus on the negatives, don’t you. Miserable people.

Kate Steinle loved San Francisco too until one of those "under appreciated immigrants shot her".

Birmingham has some very nice areas and the only shit you get on your shoes is of the canine variety.

If you also consider COL

COL index from liberal yahoo
Homeowner, No Child care, Taxes Not Considered 74.1 269.3 263.4% more

Visit yes, bring booties though.......................................... live there NO WAY.

.....and I have spent a lot of time in both and to me the biggest intangible is that the South tends to have more welcoming and down to earth citizens. San Fran is a great place rapidly losing its luster while Birmingham is good place that is becoming more cosmopolitan and has some new areas that are beautiful and affordable. I did not feel safe leaving my vrbo at night in San Fran and was warned not to rent a car because it was 50/50 if its windows would survive where our vrbo was located. I will never go back.

Kate Steinle loved San Francisco too until one of those "under appreciated immigrants shot her".

Birmingham has some very nice areas and the only shit you get on your shoes is of the canine variety.

If you also consider COL

COL index from liberal yahoo
Homeowner, No Child care, Taxes Not Considered 74.1 269.3 263.4% more

Visit yes, bring booties though.......................................... live there NO WAY.

.....and I have spent a lot of time in both and to me the biggest intangible is that the South tends to have more welcoming and down to earth citizens. San Fran is a great place rapidly losing its luster while Birmingham is good place that is becoming more cosmopolitan and has some new areas that are beautiful and affordable. I did not feel safe leaving my vrbo at night in San Fran and was warned not to rent a car because it was 50/50 if its windows would survive where our vrbo was located. I will never go back.
I’m sure Bham has some nice areas. It’s just silly to mention it in the same light as SF. Any honest person, which is in short supply OTB, would acknowledge that.

Yes, SF is not a great place if you’re poor. Selma’s cost of living is even lower. Yes, I like the people in the South better. But the two cities aren’t comparable.

Even 'Dirty Harry' wouldn't choose to live in Frisco, and he carried a 44... :cool:

50 years ago, it was okay, at least for a big city.
Now days, it's a dangerous chit-hole that I would never even visit again....

It's ground zero for the state known widely as 'the Land of fruits & nutts.' :confused:

Sorry, I didn’t remember you. How did you fare?

I didn't help you at all. Not sure I can take much of that blame, however.

Il have to say, you seem to be more willing to converse than most of the others on here who just throw Childish names out. You toe the Trump party line a bit too much for my tastes, but that’s all right. Quite an improvement vent over Ghost Boy.

I'm a conservative that doesn't love either party. On many social issues I'm more centrist but on others notsomuch.

I'm not a huge fan of Trump's but it doesn't take a genius to see he's the best option in a field of horrible options. Sorry friend but Biden would be a trainwreck. No offense intended to average trainwrecks.

Different model with different assumptions. That’s how models work.

I know people like to throw out the 2 million figure, but it was actually 1 to 2 million with no social distancing measures, which then overwhelmed the hospitals. So obviously the lockdown has saved lives. That’s a good thing, right? I don’t know why you fault the models for help saving lives.

That is untrue. IMHE models predictions included social distancing. Things got much worse without them according to them when their models came out.

Telling the truth is not something you should avoid on purpose.

I have been to both cities many times. Agree to disagree.

Maybe you were doing different things in San Francisco? I could see how that would alter our respective experiences.

I’m sure Bham has some nice areas. It’s just silly to mention it in the same light as SF. Any honest person, which is in short supply OTB, would acknowledge that.

Yes, SF is not a great place if you’re poor. Selma’s cost of living is even lower. Yes, I like the people in the South better. But the two cities aren’t comparable.

I would not live in either city under any circumstance. If forced to, I would live in a suburb of Birmingham over a suburb of San Francisco.

You guys are in full Denier mode.

But there’s still more.

Jones boasts a criminal record, which raises legitimate questions about why she was allowed to obtain a position within the state’s health department.

Come to find out she’s also under active criminal charges in the state of Florida. She’s being charged with cyber-stalking and cyber sexual harassment,” the governor continued Wednesday.

This Rebekah Jones sure has one hell of a rap sheet.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...chief/77-c7b8bfd7-6b8c-4189-b08f-a5367e39c968

th

It turns out that the media’s beloved “scientist” doesn’t even boast a science degree but rather one in geography, according to records maintained by Florida State University:

“She’s not a data scientist. She’s somebody that’s got a degree in journalism, communication & geography. She’s not involved in collating any data,” DeSantis revealed during a briefing with reporters Wednesday.

“She does not have the expertise to do that. She is not an epidemiologist. She is not the chief architect of our web portal. That is another false statement. She was putting data on the portal which the scientists didn’t believe was valid data. So she didn’t listen to the people who were her superiors.”

Still doesn’t make her claims untrue. Did you expect DeSantis to add it to his cover up?

I believe her.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT