ADVERTISEMENT

Non-panic Recruiting....

This is all pretty minimal. Most coaches have some 3 stars who over perform and vice versa. That is very common. I mean to be fair, the last paragraph here tells it all in reference to the spring game standpoint. That's pretty minor. It's a spring game. That means nothing in the big picture.

My point is, recruiting rankings haven't really changed. Nobody wins national championships without top classes year in and year out. Mac has done nothing to prove he can buck that trend and recruit at a lower level and still win championships. He hasn't done anything too "big time" yet. His biggest feat is probably winning a few more games than predicted last year. It could go the opposite this year. Then what? Does that make him a bad coach?

In the end, it's you being a fan of the team that is leading to you being so supportive of Mac's subpar recruiting, and that is ok. Let's just be clear, that it's nothing he's done in the past to show he can win a ring by recruiting like this. He needs to do better. Just because of Calloway or whoever; He's still not recruiting magical three stars, sorry. Some over perform, some under perform.

You use he words lower level and subpart as if he finished with a 35-40th ranked class. In year one being wayyy behind the 8ball he pulled off a top 23 class with little amount of time to work. In year two he improved to a top 14 class. He has filled many needs that were lacking due to Will Musmanagement recruiting.

Sure a spring game standout may mean nothing but it beats the player being a scrub during the scrimmage game.

And I'm not even going to worry about pointing out the fact how he is probably cleaning up the cancerous locker room from Musmanagement.

Since your coach recruits so high and mighty why aren't you somewhere celebrating and pumping up the Noles instead of worrying about UF's recruiting style. Not trying to be rude but I just don't get the waste of time on such valuable time. I'd understand if this was a thread downing something Nole related buy to keep arguing Gator recruiting until we see the results is so senseless.

Yes Mac is a very good X and O guy. Now tell us what that has to do with recruiting, which is probably the lone criticism anyone could have at this point.
Because he may be taking the time to evaluate players that fit to his X's and O's along with character instead of taking the same stale approach that all other schools are doing but have failed to work at most with the exception of Alabama.

But he is actually signing quality players that qualify and so far have kept their criminal records clean.

Because he may be taking the time to evaluate players that fit to his X's and O's along with character instead of taking the same stale approach that all other schools are doing but have failed to work at most with the exception of Alabama.

But he is actually signing quality players that qualify and so far have kept their criminal records clean.

Tennessee,

I would say that most schools pay attention to character in recruits. Think about it...if those guys don't work out they've just wasted a ton of time recruiting them and it torpedoes their depth chart at the same time. Plus, we are still recruiting the same guys 'troubled' schools recruit. Look at all the guys we were going head to head over with FSU, Bama, UGA, etc. We aren't not recruiting guys with character concerns, we want them just as bad as those other schools, we just haven't signed most of em. Same is true with system fit...we run a very similar system to many of those schools. It's why we were going head to head with UGA for Eason, or battling Bama for Perrine, or battling FSU for some of our receiver commits, etc.

Like I keep saying our recruiting isn't a disaster, nor is it on the up and up...I think both sides are extreme. I feel we signed the best WR class in the country last year for example. Our two-year haul at RB with the Jordan's and Perrine has been elite. I feel we've signed a few elite prospects defensively in Clayton, Gardener, etc. But on the whole we've completely whiffed in some areas. 1 defensive tackle signed the first two years, which is why we're having to reach on a juco now. 4 linebackers signed in 2 years...barely enough to have 1 unit, etc. We simply can't whiff at critical positions like that the way we have and compete for anything. Its exacerbated by the fact that those guys in the first two classes will be the ones leading the way in years 3 and 4 when a coach is expected to be competing for titles. Objectively, can you say we have enough?

This is simply a very poor argument. All ofnthe top kids have UF offers, its not like we are passing on them.

Tennessee,

I would say that most schools pay attention to character in recruits. Think about it...if those guys don't work out they've just wasted a ton of time recruiting them and it torpedoes their depth chart at the same time. Plus, we are still recruiting the same guys 'troubled' schools recruit. Look at all the guys we were going head to head over with FSU, Bama, UGA, etc. We aren't not recruiting guys with character concerns, we want them just as bad as those other schools, we just haven't signed most of em. Same is true with system fit...we run a very similar system to many of those schools. It's why we were going head to head with UGA for Eason, or battling Bama for Perrine, or battling FSU for some of our receiver commits, etc.

Like I keep saying our recruiting isn't a disaster, nor is it on the up and up...I think both sides are extreme. I feel we signed the best WR class in the country last year for example. Our two-year haul at RB with the Jordan's and Perrine has been elite. I feel we've signed a few elite prospects defensively in Clayton, Gardener, etc. But on the whole we've completely whiffed in some areas. 1 defensive tackle signed the first two years, which is why we're having to reach on a juco now. 4 linebackers signed in 2 years...barely enough to have 1 unit, etc. We simply can't whiff at critical positions like that the way we have and compete for anything. Its exacerbated by the fact that those guys in the first two classes will be the ones leading the way in years 3 and 4 when a coach is expected to be competing for titles. Objectively, can you say we have enough?
I really wasn't comparing our character evaluation to those of any other schools but more so comparing them to our previous coaches who seemed to always have a player suspended before a big game.

So basically Michi and Ooz you two are saying is Mc isn't recruiting horrible but just needs to clear a hump to get him into the top 10 or better.

I can't disagree. So far he seems to try to address this. Better than TLG who was stubborn about most of his flaws.

So basically Michi and Ooz you two are saying is Mc isn't recruiting horrible but just needs to clear a hump to get him into the top 10 or better.

I can't disagree. So far he seems to try to address this. Better than TLG who was stubborn about most of his flaws.

I am not saying he is recruiting horrible. Look at our RBs and TE and WR and QB. Depth like we han't seen in literally decades. I just want him to compete for elite players, more specifically the top 25 players in state. I just don't want to end up with a Richt you can't be elite but good enough he is hard to fire. And I fear after the honeymoon period wears off that is where we will be without a decent crop of elite talent

Yes that's my opinion.

I'm actually really confused by his recruiting. I expected it to take a while for us to get the offensive studs...but so far we seem to have cleared that hurdle easily. On the opposite end though, our defensive recruiting has been 'meh' outside of a few elite guys which has surprised me. If anything I expected that to be flipped...struggle to recruit offense while continuing to load up defense.

I think we look good at the skill positions, I'm concerned about the lines though. We've gotten pretty good numbers on o-line, not sure about quality. I'm willing to give that a pass though because that's such a hard position to evaluate and Summers knows his stuff. I have no explanation for the lack of DT recruiting though, especially given our history and need. Jefferson and Clayton are elite guys. I really like Zuniga last year too when I first saw his film...a defensive lineman returning kicks!? What!? He's athletic as hell. Everywhere else we've reached big time.

Yes that's my opinion.

I'm actually really confused by his recruiting. I expected it to take a while for us to get the offensive studs...but so far we seem to have cleared that hurdle easily. On the opposite end though, our defensive recruiting has been 'meh' outside of a few elite guys which has surprised me. If anything I expected that to be flipped...struggle to recruit offense while continuing to load up defense.

I think we look good at the skill positions, I'm concerned about the lines though. We've gotten pretty good numbers on o-line, not sure about quality. I'm willing to give that a pass though because that's such a hard position to evaluate and Summers knows his stuff. I have no explanation for the lack of DT recruiting though, especially given our history and need. Jefferson and Clayton are elite guys. I really like Zuniga last year too when I first saw his film...a defensive lineman returning kicks!? What!? He's athletic as hell. Everywhere else we've reached big time.

My only concern is DT but beats the hell out of TLG who had poor OL, QB, WR, and TE recruiting. So far he has got two DT's to commit. I know they aren't top notch ranked studs with elite offers but at least he has a plan in place. He is still going after the elite but making sure he has options if the elite play around too long on committing or if they decide to play the "look at me" game and flip 3 days before NSD.

I'm seriously thinking this JUCO CB may play a big role. I know he was just a 2 star with Arkansas being his only other top offer. But evaluate him and let me know what you think.

You use he words lower level and subpart as if he finished with a 35-40th ranked class. In year one being wayyy behind the 8ball he pulled off a top 23 class with little amount of time to work. In year two he improved to a top 14 class. He has filled many needs that were lacking due to Will Musmanagement recruiting.

Sure a spring game standout may mean nothing but it beats the player being a scrub during the scrimmage game.

And I'm not even going to worry about pointing out the fact how he is probably cleaning up the cancerous locker room from Musmanagement.

Since your coach recruits so high and mighty why aren't you somewhere celebrating and pumping up the Noles instead of worrying about UF's recruiting style. Not trying to be rude but I just don't get the waste of time on such valuable time. I'd understand if this was a thread downing something Nole related buy to keep arguing Gator recruiting until we see the results is so senseless.

Why are you so hung up on me being a Noles fan?

I have followed both teams of these teams and a few others, for the last 20+ years.

Why are you so hung up on me being a Noles fan?

I have followed both teams of these teams and a few others, for the last 20+ years.
That's cool. I'm not like most and argue with Nole posters. Heck they have gotten the best of us the past few years. Nothing intentional.

I just don't see it as subpar lower tier recruiting. Have we missed on some, sure. Have we struck out? No.

That said I hope to see better DT recruiting plus add in top notch OL players. I'm happy with the offense skill position recruiting as well as LB, DE, and even DB's.

Reactions: MDM9093
That's cool. I'm not like most and argue with Nole posters. Heck they have gotten the best of us the past few years. Nothing intentional.

I just don't see it as subpar lower tier recruiting. Have we missed on some, sure. Have we struck out? No.

That said I hope to see better DT recruiting plus add in top notch OL players. I'm happy with the offense skill position recruiting as well as LB, DE, and even DB's.

Makes sense, Ivan respect that take. I can debate rationally believe it or not. The only person I've really gotten into with here is INSTA. Not sure why?!

My only concern is DT but beats the hell out of TLG who had poor OL, QB, WR, and TE recruiting. So far he has got two DT's to commit. I know they aren't top notch ranked studs with elite offers but at least he has a plan in place. He is still going after the elite but making sure he has options if the elite play around too long on committing or if they decide to play the "look at me" game and flip 3 days before NSD.

I'm seriously thinking this JUCO CB may play a big role. I know he was just a 2 star with Arkansas being his only other top offer. But evaluate him and let me know what you think.

Same on the DT recruiting. There are some coaches who would tell you that position might be more important than QB...seriously.

On the juco kid I don't really have any expectations of him. From what I read he was a receiver and didn't start at DB on his team until like game 3 or something like that. And was lightly recruited before that playing football in Vermont (?) with no offers. My initial reaction is that isn't UF quality, but I'll wait it out and see.

Same on the DT recruiting. There are some coaches who would tell you that position might be more important than QB...seriously.

On the juco kid I don't really have any expectations of him. From what I read he was a receiver and didn't start at DB on his team until like game 3 or something like that. And was lightly recruited before that playing football in Vermont (?) with no offers. My initial reaction is that isn't UF quality, but I'll wait it out and see.
Didn't he have 20 picks overall in his two years combined at JUCO. Pretty impressive especially if only playing DB three less games of the season.

See it's things like this that make me take a second look and say hmm, interesting. Seems like the staff was like ok guys we picked up a few great targets, unfortunately we missed on some, who do we have on our upper tier under the radar board? Oh a CB from JUCO via Vermont. Film looked good, we have spot open, let's sign him.

That is so much better than, well damn we missed out on one target, let's give this offer to that 5'7 175 Strong Safety across over there at PK Younge.

Didn't he have 20 picks overall in his two years combined at JUCO. Pretty impressive especially if only playing DB three less games of the season.

See it's things like this that make me take a second look and say hmm, interesting. Seems like the staff was like ok guys we picked up a few great targets, unfortunately we missed on some, who do we have on our upper tier under the radar board? Oh a CB from JUCO via Vermont. Film looked good, we have spot open, let's sign him.

That is so much better than, well damn we missed out on one target, let's give this offer to that 5'7 175 Strong Safety across over there at PK Younge.

I agree if you're gonna reach at least reach for a guy with physical tools.

I think Putu is like 6'1 and is supposedly quick, but doesn't have much long speed. So i'd anticipate he's either gonna be a safety or a boundary type corner where they can protect him on the short side of the field and with safety help.

UF is already pretty much accepted as DB-U.

ESPN - Bogger McFarland's
(former LSU AA DT) Top Front Sevens for 2016:
1. UF

2. LSU
3. UA
4. tOSU
5. MichSt
------------

2015 #2 DE/DT CeCe Jefferson 6-1 270 Soph ***** - All SEC

DE Kevonnis Davis 6-4 225 ** 5.4 (according to recruit ranking services) :rolleyes:
Now - 6-4 244 Soph - GP 4, 4 Tkls. - Played for the #8 Def as a 2 star Fr.

2016 #2 DE
Antonneous Clayton 6-3 235 4.70/40 Fr *****

DB Joseph Putu 6-2 195 ** Jr - JuCo (flipped from Ark)
He arrives this summer, a JuCo AA with 10 Int's in 2015.
Putu won State Championships every year he was in HS, he earned All-state as a Jr & Sr. He was also recognized as 2nd-team All-state in basketball and All-state as a runner on his track team.
=============

DT Javier Edwards 6-3 350 4.90/40 *** - Brenharn, TX - JuCo (per 247) 2017 EE
He was being recruited out of HS by UF's DC Collins (when Collins was at MsSt)
I don't much care what the 2 new DT's current recruit rankings are. Those 2 new (big-boy) DT recruits are going to solidify UF's interior line nicely at the new 'position of need' imo. One or 2 more big DT's in this class later on would also be nice, along with 2-3 quality LB'ers.

BTW, checking around the net, I've seen Edwards listed everywhere from 320 to 350, so I wonder who is most current and/or correct? (rivals lists 320 - 247 lists 350, so always trust rival's rankings)

#60 DT/NT Jordan Scott 6-1 345 *** - Largo, FL (per 247/rivals & ESPN)
Offers: UF - UK -- FSU, FAU, USF, FL-A&M -- Minn, AZ, Ind, Pitt, Rut, WVa, etc
================

But hey, wasn't it the Offense that sucked and needed revamping so badly? (yep) ;)

When McElwain arrived, the QB situation was; the starter transferred. And then the other 2 have ended up suspended, one is already gone (WVa) and the other is still in suspension limbo. :confused:

UF had only 1 pretty good WR, and he's now gone early to the NFL (Robinson).
The TE was a rsSr that broke his leg, then a rs-rsSr that has now departed, but the musclecramp did leave UF with decent quality depth at TE (3).

UF had 2 very good RB's that both left early for the NFL, Matt Jones (2015) and Kelvin Taylor (2016).

And the OL only had 6 ships filled that could participate in his 1st Spring game/scrimmage.
So, what has Mc-staff done to fill all of the holes (added) in their 1st 2 recruiting classes?

74. #155 RT Fredrick Johnson 6-6 305 So *** - W. Palm Beach, FL (underrated)
73. #1 LG/LT Martez Ivey 6-5 312 So ***** - Apopka, FL (Fr OG All SEC Team)
64. #3 OC/RG Tyler Jordan 6-4 295 So **** - Jacksonville, FL
>>> Those first three played and started as true freshmen.
68. #79 LT/DT Richerd Desir-Jones 6-4 297 rsFr *** - Fort Lauderdale, FL
59. #76 C/OG T.J. McCoy 6-1 295 rsFr *** - Clermont, FL
67. #36 RG Brandon Sandifer 6-3 339 rsFr **** - Warner Robins, GA
66. #105 OG Nick Buchanan 6-2 309 rsFr *** - Dunwoody, GA
----------------
??. #8 OC/OG Brett Heggie 6-4 304 Fr **** - Mount Dora, FL (summer arrival)
??. #46 LG Jawaan Taylor 6-4 345 Fr *** - Cocoa, FL (summer arrival)
76. NR RT/DT Marcel Benalcazar 6-7 333 Sr ** - Miramar, FL W-O - HS DT
69. OG Marcus Givens 6-0 272 rsFr ** - Saint Augustine, FL W-O
71. OG Nick Villano 6-2 293 rsFr ** - Wellington, FL W-O

===============

Mc-staff has brought in 4 new RB's, a 5 star and 3****'s, all with size and speed.
Mark Thompson 6-2 242 rsJr *****
Jordan Cronkrite 5-11 204 Soph ****
Jordan Scarlett 5-10 213 Soph ****
Lamical Perine 5-11 218 Fr **** (Saban tried but failed to flip the Ala. 7A Back of the Year)
==============

81. WR Antonio Callaway 5-11 195 So *** - Miami - (Fr PR AA & All SEC WR)
87. WR Kalif Jackson 6-4 215 rsFr *** - Neptune Beach

10. WR Josh Hammond 6-1 184 Fr **** - Hallandale
16. WR Freddie Swain 6-0 180 Fr **** - Ocala
??. #2 WR Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 194 **** - Houston/Jacksonville (summer arrival)
??. WR Rick Wells 6-0 200 **** - Jacksonville (summer arrival)
* 2017 #12 WR Daquon Green 6-1 192 **** (Top 300 verbal to UF)

-------------
84. TE-H Camrin Knight 6-3 237 So *** - Tallahassee
* 2017 #2 TE-H Kemore Gamble 6-4 216 **** - Miami (Top 300 verbal to UF)
===============

12. QB Austin Appleby 6-4 235 Grad-Sr **** - N.Canton, Oh
14. QB Luke Del Rio 6-1 213 rsSo **** - Santa Rosa Beach, Ca
11. QB-PP Kyle Trask 6-4 227 Fr EE *** - Manvel, Tx
13. #5 QB-PP Feleipe' Franks 6-6 216 Fr EE **** - Crawfordville, FL
* #6 QB-PP Jake Allen 6-3 195 **** - 2017 verbal to UF - Fort Lauderdale, FL

And need I mention flipping a pretty good Kicker away from Saban/bama? :D

Last edited:
Mc-staff is falling way behind in recruiting and they never beat anyone out for a good recruit, they just settle for the 2-3 stars that nobody else but FL-A&M wants... :rolleyes:

"The Gator's Mc-staff have shown the ability to flip recruits during their 1st year and a half in Gainesville. Mc-staff flipped 5 prospects at the end of the 2015 cycle, and 6 in the 2016 class, including Top 100 recruits: #2 WR Tyrie Cleveland (Houston) and #6 QB-PP Feleipe Franks (Auburn). They have already pulled 2 S.FL recruits - #2 TE-H Kemore Gamble 6-3 220 **** ESPN 300, and #23 OT Kadeem Telfort 6-6 323 **** - away from the Retch/scUM for their 2017 class." :cool: --- (jus-damn those 'pesky' facts) :cool:
===================

On a somewhat different but related note:

The ESPN 2016 Preseason Top 25: (2015 scores in Review)

1. Alabama (14-1) - 2015 NC (SEC-C - UA 29 - 15 UF) :(
3. Michigan (10-3) - 41 - 7 UF (Citrus Bowl) :(
4. FSU (10-3) - 27 - 2 UF (Final Regular Season Game) :(
6. LSU (9-3) - 35 - 28 UF (loss came on a Myles trick play in the final minutes @ LSU) :confused:
All 4 UF losses came after the Gator's starting QB was suspended by the NCAA. :mad:
10. Tennessee (9-4) - 27 - 28 UF :)
12. Georgia (10-3) - 3 - 27 UF :)
13. Ole Miss (10-3) - 10 - 38 UF :)

So obviously, UF (the 10-4 SECe-C) should not even be in their 2016 preseason Top 25. :rolleyes:
Instead, they are just likely to continue to beat several of the teams that are....

==============

So I'm one of the many Gator Hopeful--Homers, which I see as a positive. :cool:

The few Gator 'doom & gloomers' are welcome to their long faces and/or sad lives.... :(

And like an itch on the butt, the annoying rival trolls don't really matter, just scratch & forget. :p

Last edited:
Mc-staff is falling way behind in recruiting and they never beat anyone out for a good recruit, they just settle for the 2-3 stars that nobody else but FL-A&M wants... :rolleyes:

"The Gator's Mc-staff have shown the ability to flip recruits during their 1st year and a half in Gainesville. Mc-staff flipped 5 prospects at the end of the 2015 cycle, and 6 in the 2016 class, including Top 100 recruits: #2 WR Tyrie Cleveland (Houston) and #6 QB-PP Feleipe Franks (Auburn). They have already pulled 2 S.FL recruits - #2 TE-H Kemore Gamble 6-3 220 **** ESPN 300, and #23 OT Kadeem Telfort 6-6 323 **** - away from the Retch/scUM for their 2017 class." :cool: --- (jus-damn those 'pesky' facts) :cool:
===================

On a somewhat different but related note:

The ESPN 2016 Preseason Top 25: (2015 scores in Review)

1. Alabama (14-1) - 2015 NC (SEC-C - UA 29 - 15 UF) :(
3. Michigan (10-3) - 41 - 7 UF (Citrus Bowl) :(
4. FSU (10-3) - 27 - 2 UF (Final Regular Season Game) :(
6. LSU (9-3) - 35 - 28 UF (loss came on a Myles trick play in the final minutes @ LSU) :confused:
All 4 UF losses came after the Gator's starting QB was suspended by the NCAA. :mad:
10. Tennessee (9-4) - 27 - 28 UF :)
12. Georgia (10-3) - 3 - 27 UF :)
13. Ole Miss (10-3) - 10 - 38 UF :)

So obviously, UF (the 10-4 SECe-C) should not even be in their 2016 preseason Top 25. :rolleyes:
Instead, they are just likely to continue to beat several of the teams that are....

==============

So I'm one of the many Gator Hopeful--Homers, which I see as a positive. :cool:

The few Gator 'doom & gloomers' are welcome to their long faces and/or sad lives.... :(

And like an itch on the butt, the annoying rival trolls don't really matter, just scratch & forget. :p

Odd how those preseason rankings look errily similar to the recruiting ranking for the past several years.

Odd how those preseason rankings look errily similar to the recruiting ranking for the past several years.
And could you list for us the number of times that the preseason picks for the SEC-C, by the SEC Media Daze professionals, have been correct since 1992?
UF was picked to finish 4-5 in the SECe last season, depending on who you look at. And if UF hadn't lost their rsFr starter at QB, they might have been even more incorrect.

And could you list for us the number of times that the preseason picks for the SEC-C, by the SEC Media Daze professionals, have been correct since 1992?
UF was picked to finish 4-5 in the SECe last season, depending on who you look at. And if UF hadn't lost their rsFr starter at QB, they might have been even more incorrect.

What if Chubb hadn't gone down for UGa. Lots of what-ifs.

What if Chubb hadn't gone down for UGa. Lots of what-ifs.

I see you wanted nothing to do with the Media Daze SEC-C picks....
;)
----------

So the Butt-Sniffers only had 1 decent RB on their roster??? :confused:
(dumb stuff like that finally got the perennial 9-10 win Retch fired)

Because of the musclecramp and his doom & gloom fan base, UF only had 1 decent QB ready to go in 2015. :mad: -- Mc-Nuss would have still been alright if Grier hadn't 'screwed the pooch' with the NCAA, or if Rio's NCAA request hadn't been denied. So Mc-Nuss quickly remedied that with their 3 QB 2016 Class.
Appleby - Franks - Trask - Plus Del Rio is now eligible to play.

So, I guess that means that Mc-Nuss are genius types for already bringing in 4 top quality RB's of their own recruits that will be available for 2016. (just like at QB)
Thompson 242 rsJr - Cronkrite 204 So - Scarlett 213 So - Perine 218 Fr
Plus a solid veteran RB in Herndon 5-9 203 rsSr. Even the small guys are over 200.

Depending on a single 'Star' RB (or QB) vs SEC defenses has always been poor planning imoho. :cool: It looks to me like Mc-staff are fixing the immediate problems, while planning for both the near and the long term future. o_O

“It felt good to have a big school like that come after me, regardless of my rating,” Perine said. “It just showed me they really cared about me. Stars didn’t matter to them. They saw how much talent I had.” (just like with Trask)

RB/DB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 4.41/40 *** - Eventually given a 4th star when Saban tried but failed to flip him. WR speed, a monster stiff-arm, great hands & YAC. Alabama HS 2015 7A Back of the Year.

Some initially ragged on Mc for going after a 3 star RB, right up until Saban attempted and failed to flip him. In ole iG's ignorant opinion, this kid might just turn out to be the 'jewel' of the 2016 class.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-rb-lamical-perine-validated-by-senior-season
==========

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/floridas-incoming-freshmen-reporting-to-campus

If you go through the AJC's / SEC Country 'Up Next' series, you can get a better idea of how good the 2016 class might turn out to be for the Gators. (instead of just listening to the usual 'doom & gloomres')

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/next-up-jawaan-taylor-lost-50-pounds-to-land-offer-from-florida
This is yet another 3 star that's likely to play like a 4 star and eventually make it to the NFL.

Miller is our best defensive commit so far IMO. Heat seeking missile! I love me some fast undersized linebackers. Speed>>>>size

Miller is our best defensive commit so far IMO. Heat seeking missile! I love me some fast undersized linebackers. Speed>>>>size
I really like Blades and Carter but Miller will hit you like a Mack truck and he can run. Defensive Player of the Year in Polk County last year

I really like Blades and Carter but Miller will hit you like a Mack truck and he can run. Defensive Player of the Year in Polk County last year

Didn't know he had that award but it makes sense. This is one dude you look at and wonder how he's only a 3-star. Especially with the offers he has. Oh well, who cares. He's a balla.

Didn't know he had that award but it makes sense. This is one dude you look at and wonder how he's only a 3-star. Especially with the offers he has. Oh well, who cares. He's a balla.
i don't think he will stay a 3 star for long but it doesn't really matter. The kid can play.

Insta-

You can not use Perine and Trask as examples of lower kids becoming stars until they actually play in a game

Incorrect yet again michi-troll,,,, :confused:
I can do whatever I like,,, :cool:
while U - can't tell me what I can and can't do... :p

Besides, the post was about the stars given by a rating service,
NOT about them already being college Stars. (but you're still acting like a twit) o_O

1) DEss Zachary Carter - Rivals 62/100 List - ESPN 130/300 List

2) QB-PP Jake Allen - Rivals 171/250 List - ESPN 164/300 List

3) WR Daquon Green - Rivals 193/250 List - ESPN 84/300 List

4) OT Kadeem Telfort - Rivals 213/250 List - ESPN - 4 Star

5) TE-H Kenmore Gamble - Rivals 4 Star - ESPN 250/300 List
6) Ath Kadarius Toney - Rivals 3 Star - ESPN #26 Ath 4 Star (Scout ****)

7) CB Elijah Blades - Rivals 4 Star - ESPN #27 CB 4 Star

~ Dear recruiting doom & gloomers:
Rivals and/or ESPN has 7 of the first 10 verbal's, already rated as 4 Stars.

Looks like no-panic needed to me, so far.... :cool:

Last edited:
As of 7-05-16:

ESPN - 17. UF
10 -- 0 - 7 - 2 - 1 JC
4 Stars -- #2 TE, #7 QB, #12 WR, #13 DE, #26 CB, #26 Ath, #34 OT.

Rivals - 23. UF 10 -- 0 - 6 - 4 - 0
4 Stars -- #2 DE, #9 TE, #9 QB-PP, #24 DB, #26 OL, #30 WR.
Rivals has Ath/QB-DT Toney as a 3 star.

247 Composite - 25. UF 10 -- 0 - 5 - 5 - 0
4 Stars -- #4 DE, #10 TE,#11 QB-PP, #21 WR, #26 CB
247 has Ath/QB-DT Toney & OT Telfort as 3 stars.

I use the best ranking from each source, plus my own opinions. I don't care how you do it or who you choose to believe.
For those to numb/dumb to realize it, THERE IS NO DEFINITIVE RANKING.

From the get-go, the services had Trask at 2 stars, I had him at 4 stars after watching his Hudi film, Nuss had him at 5 stars after watching him in person. (the only reason that the services eventually moved him to 3 stars was because they realized how stupid they looked with him at 2 stars and having a Mc-Nuss / UF offer).

Bobby Sablehause was rated a 5 star, Brett Farve and Tom Brady, among the many others, were not....
Peyton Manning was a 5 star, Danny Wuerffel was a 4 star that went 4-0 + 1-0 NFL vs PM. That kind of thing is not rare, it happens all the time.
Who's proven to be the better recruit, Cowart or Jefferson?
LB Jarrad Davis was a 3 star that's now on the Bednarik Watch List. o_O
LB Alex Anzalone was a 5 star that's never managed to play a full season.

Gator 2017 Four Stars (imo)
#2 DE Carter -- (possible 5 Star by NSD)
#2 TE-H Gamble
#7 QB-PP Allen -- (possible 5 Star by NSD)
#12 WR Green
#26 CB Blades
#26 Ath/QB-DT Toney
#26 OT Telfort

Plus 2 DT at 345 & 350 pounds and a 6-1 225 OLB as solid 3 stars, maybe 4's by NSD.

Do the teams with the NSD highest ranked classes win so much because of the service rankings?
OR
Do the services adjust their recruit ranking to follow the top schools / coaches offers? I think it's more of the latter than the former....

I often see a recruit rankings jump up due to a top school/coaches ship offer.
The coaches are not following the recruiting service rankings, the services are following the offers.
This is especially true during the off season, as some Sr season performance adjustments will usually be made.

If you try to tell me that human bias, and/or occasional 'incentive' based star rating awards never happen, then I'm laughing at naive you. :cool:

The entire reason for having to have a 247 Composite is so that the unrealistically wide spread of bogus ratings for any given recruit, can somehow be brought back into the realm of believe-ability. However, that does not make the composite, (average from a room full of dweebs) correct. o_O

As of 7-05-16:

ESPN - 17. UF
10 -- 0 - 7 - 2 - 1 JC
4 Stars -- #2 TE, #7 QB, #12 WR, #13 DE, #26 CB, #26 Ath, #34 OT.

Rivals - 23. UF 10 -- 0 - 6 - 4 - 0
4 Stars -- #2 DE, #9 TE, #9 QB-PP, #24 DB, #26 OL, #30 WR.
Rivals has Ath/QB-DT Toney as a 3 star.

247 Composite - 25. UF 10 -- 0 - 5 - 5 - 0
4 Stars -- #4 DE, #10 TE,#11 QB-PP, #21 WR, #26 CB
247 has Ath/QB-DT Toney & OT Telfort as 3 stars.

I use the best ranking from each source, plus my own opinions. I don't care how you do it or who you choose to believe.
For those to numb/dumb to realize it, THERE IS NO DEFINITIVE RANKING.

From the get-go, the services had Trask at 2 stars, I had him at 4 stars after watching his Hudi film, Nuss had him at 5 stars after watching him in person. (the only reason that the services eventually moved him to 3 stars was because they realized how stupid they looked with him at 2 stars and having a Mc-Nuss / UF offer).

Bobby Sablehause was rated a 5 star, Brett Farve and Tom Brady, among the many others, were not....
Peyton Manning was a 5 star, Danny Wuerffel was a 4 star that went 4-0 + 1-0 NFL vs PM. That kind of thing is not rare, it happens all the time.
Who's proven to be the better recruit, Cowart or Jefferson?
LB Jarrad Davis was a 3 star that's now on the Bednarik Watch List. o_O
LB Alex Anzalone was a 5 star that's never managed to play a full season.

Gator 2017 Four Stars (imo)
#2 DE Carter -- (possible 5 Star by NSD)
#2 TE-H Gamble
#7 QB-PP Allen -- (possible 5 Star by NSD)
#12 WR Green
#26 CB Blades
#26 Ath/QB-DT Toney
#26 OT Telfort

Plus 2 DT at 345 & 350 pounds and a 6-1 225 OLB as solid 3 stars, maybe 4's by NSD.

Do the teams with the NSD highest ranked classes win so much because of the service rankings?
OR
Do the services adjust their recruit ranking to follow the top schools / coaches offers? I think it's more of the latter than the former....

I often see a recruit rankings jump up due to a top school/coaches ship offer.
The coaches are not following the recruiting service rankings, the services are following the offers.
This is especially true during the off season, as some Sr season performance adjustments will usually be made.

If you try to tell me that human bias, and/or occasional 'incentive' based star rating awards never happen, then I'm laughing at naive you. :cool:

The entire reason for having to have a 247 Composite is so that the unrealistically wide spread of bogus ratings for any given recruit, can somehow be brought back into the realm of believe-ability. However, that does not make the composite, (average from a room full of dweebs) correct. o_O

Movement occurs, but to say rankings are soley based on offer is silly with a few exceptions. For instance, everyone had Rashan Gary #1 last year and I would have felt pretty damn good about landing him. Percy Harvin? Tim Tebow? Always exceptions, but at the end of the day, the more highly ranked kids you land the better you are. And there are not a lot of Trasks with only one big offer. Look at Leatherwood, Mac would love to land that kid, but he went elsewhere, we didn't PASS on him for a bunch of 3* kids because we are smarter, we didn't get the job done, simple

You claiming to know anything is silly imo. :D

Of the 2, one is stronger, neither were stated as 'solely' by me. o_O

Actually, "we didn't get the job done, simple," WE have done squat. :oops:

IMOHO, Mc-staff has done well so far, and will continue to do so. :cool:

BTW, I don't really mind that you are attempting to be a constant drain on the Gator program with your constant over-enthusiastic negativism. Any recruit that's dumb enough to pay you any attention is probably not smart enough to stay eligible at UF, so whine and snivel away.... :rolleyes:

PS
Maybe the alum should take up a collection to pay a recruiting service to rank UF #1. That would guarantee that they would be the next NC, because it's their published rankings that make all the difference anyway.... o_O --- :rolleyes: --- :cool:

You claiming to know anything is silly imo. :D

Of the 2, one is stronger, neither were stated as 'solely' by me. o_O

Actually, "we didn't get the job done, simple," WE have done squat. :oops:

IMOHO, Mc-staff has done well so far, and will continue to do so. :cool:

BTW, I don't really mind that you are attempting to be a constant drain on the Gator program with your constant over-enthusiastic negativism. Any recruit that's dumb enough to pay you any attention is probably not smart enough to stay eligible at UF, so whine and snivel away.... :rolleyes:

PS
Maybe the alum should take up a collection to pay a recruiting service to rank UF #1. That would guarantee that they would be the next NC, because it's their published rankings that make all the difference anyway.... o_O --- :rolleyes: --- :cool:

Mac has filled some ofnthe holes left on the roster and done well at RB, QB and WR specifically. He has collected some numbers on the OL to fill the gap left by Chump. Other than that pretty average.

And when we win something of significance under Mac let me know. Until then the rating services seem MUCH more accuarate than you. And you still refuse to address the idea that we DO have offers out to all the top kids and are loading up on a lot of plan Bs. Other than Trask, its not like we are out smarting people, we just aren't landing the elite, that is really not deniable.

FLASH NEWS: UF didn't get every top recruit that they offered, like everyone else did in 2015... And in other breaking news, the sky is blue.... :rolleyes:

Mc-staff rebuilt-restocked the entire offense, "Other than that pretty average." :confused:

Saban tried but failed to flip RB Perine (from Ala) away from Mc-staff.
Saban tried but failed to flip LB Moon (from Ala) away from Mc-staff.
However, McElwain did flip the #1 K (from Mia) away from Saban. o_O
=================

Mc-staff only gets the ones that nobody else wants, especially lowly 3 stars like this: :confused:o_O:confused:

DE/TE Jordan Smith 6-5 238 *** - EE - 4A All State
Senior: 104 (86 solo), 3 sacks, 10 QBH, 6FF, 1FR; 11 Rec for 181 yds, 3 TD's.
Offers: UF -- Ala, UGA, LSU, UK, Ms, MsSt, Mizz, SCa, Tenn.
Also - Cal, Clem, FSU, GaTech, UL, Mia, NCSt, ND, tOSU, PSU, Va, WVa.
With those offers, does anyone really believe that this guy is just a 3 star?o_O

DE/DT Jachai Polite 6-2 259 ***
Junior: 81 Tkl's (43 solo), 13 sacks, 2 FF's, 7 passes deflected. Sr injured.
Offers: UF -- AU, Tenn, MsSt, Mizz, SCa.
Also - Colo, GaTech, UL, Mia, NC, NCSt, OreSt, USF, UCF, VaTech, WVa, Wis.
Another rather obvious lowly 3 star... :rolleyes:

I won't bother listing all of the others.... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT