ADVERTISEMENT

Non-panic Recruiting....

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
What has the Mc-staff done to improve the Gator's receivers so far?

In the News: "The most improved area in the receiving end of the passing game appears to be at RB, where Mark Thompson, Jordan Cronkrite, Jordan Scarlett and Mark Herndon have all shown sure hands and an ability to run precise routes. Two of the RB's, Thompson and Cronkrite, played some WR in HS and have shown WR skills in practice."

The (~) indicates McElwain's recruits and/or xfers.

Mark Herndon 5-9 203 rsSr ** - Ocala
~ Mark Thompson 6-2 242 4.40/40 Jr ***** - La Mott, PA (juco-xfer)
~ Jordan Scarlet 5-10 213 4.38/40 So **** - Fort Lauderdale
~ Jordan Cronkrite 5-11 205 4.45/40 So **** - Miami
~ Lamical Perine 5-11 211 4.47/40 Fr **** - Theodore, AL
---------------

Also, IMOHO the Gators will be the best at Slot WR since the Percy Harvin days with these 2 guys:

Brandon Powell 5-9 184 4.38/40 Jr **** - Deerfield Beach, FL
~ Dre Massey 5-9 183 4.32/40 Jr **** - Greenville, SC (juco xfer)
---------------
To continue the Then & Now theme on play making receivers:

Ahmad Fulwood 6-4 211 Sr **** - Jacksonville
~ Kalif Jackson 6-4 215 rsFr *** - Neptune Beach

Alvin Bailey 5-11 186 rsJr **** - Seffner
~ Antonio Callaway 5-11 198 So *** - Miami - Fr All SEC (currently suspended)
~ Tyrie Cleveland 6-3 194 4.36/40 Fr **** - Houston/Jacksonville

Chris Thompson 6-0 170 Sr *** - Gainesville
~ Freddie Swain 6-0 180 Fr **** - Citra

C.J. Worton 6-0 194 Jr *** - Homestead
~ Josh Hammond 6-1 184 Fr **** - Hallandale

Ryan Sousa 6-0 190 rsSo **** - Orlando
~ Rick Wells 6-0 200 Fr **** - Jacksonville

Treon Harris 5-11 195 Jr **** - Miami (switching from QB to WR, suspended)
~ Grant Holloway 6-2 190 4.32/40 Fr **** - Chesapeake, VA. (a track ship)
---------------

TE-H DeAndre Goolsby 6-4 240 Jr **** - Derby, Kan.
TE-H C'yontai Lewis 6-4 230 rsSo *** - Eutaw, AL
TE-Y Moral Stevens 6-3 247 rsSo **** - Perry, FL
~ TE-H Camrin Knight 6-3 237 So *** - Tallahassee, FL
TE Ryan Ferguson 6-3 219 rsSo - 2014 W-O
~ TE/QB Brian Fallace 6-4 210 rsSo - 2015 W-O at QB, 2016 moved to TE
-------------
~ TE/QB Anderson Proctor 6-3 209 rsJr - 2015 W-O at QB, 2016 moved to TE
(In the last week, Proctor seem's to have been removed from the Gator roster???)

~ That sure looks like across the board receiver improvements to me, so what does it matter (and who cares) what the recruiting services think about Mc's recruits? :cool:

Last edited:
More Then & Now for the weakest link on the 2015 team:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/deeper-florida-o-line-ready-to-step-up-in-2016

Projected 2016 OL:

OG Antonio Riles 6-4 311 rsJr
~ OG/C Tyler Jordan 6-4 295 So (OG starter as a tFr)
~ OG/OT Martez Ivey 6-5 317 So (OG starter as a tFr)
~ OG Nick Buchanan 6-2 309 rsFr
~ OG Brandon Sandifer 6-3 339 rsFr
~ OG Richerd Desir-Jones 6-4 297 rsFr
~ #46 OG Jawaan Taylor 6-4 345 Fr *** - Cocoa, FL (summer arrival)
------
OG Zach Shinn 6-2 287 rsSo - W-O
~ OG Marcus Givens 6-0 272 rsFr - W-O
~ OG Nick Villano 6-2 293 rsFr - W-O
~ OG Donovan Welch 6-4 263 rsFr - W-O

C/OG Cameron Dillard 6-4 308 rsJr
~ C/OG T.J. McCoy 6-1 295 rsFr
~ #8 C/OG Brett Heggie 6-4 304 Fr **** - Mount Dora, FL (summer arrival)

~ OT Marcel Benalcazar 6-7 333 Sr (xfer-in Jr W-O in 2015)
LT David Sharpe 6-6 347 Jr
RT Kavaris Harkless 6-5 307 rsSo
OT Andrew Mike 6-6 303 rsSo
~ RT Fred Johnson 6-6 315 So (RT starter as a tFr)
~ OT Stone Forsythe 6-7 314 Fr - EE

That's 14 out of 20 that Mc-staff has had to bring in, in an attempt to shore-up the pitiful OL that musclecramp left him. o_O

* Summers was the only coach that McElwain chose to keep on his staff,,, thank Gawd!

Makes you wonder how Mc-Nuss managed to still win the SECe/10 games with that patch-work OL. Makes you wonder just how good Kelvin Taylor is as a RB, considering he got 1,032 yards rushing behind them.... :eek:
And name the last Gator team to go to a bowl game and start 3 tFr on the OL.... (ever?)
It looks to me like Mc-Nuss are way better coaches than some here want to give them credit for being. :cool:

PS - One of Mc's first 3 2017 recruits is an ESPN Top 300 OT.

Reactions: MTZ23 and melmacon
What musclecramp had/left for Mc-Nuss to deal with at the oh-so-critical QB position:

2014 - Musclecramp's last (7-5) season:
QB Christian Provancha 6-6 219 rsSr - W-O

QB Ryan McGriff 6-0 190 Sr - W-O

QB Jeff Driskel 6-4 230 rsJr - Starter (Grad-xfer out at season's end)

QB Skyler Morhinweg 6-3 212 rsSo - (xfer out at season's end)

QB Jacob Guy 6-5 209 rsSo - (W-O & primary clip-board holder)

QB Treon Harris 5-11 190 Fr - Backup/Starter

QB Will Grier 6-2 200 Fr - redshirted
================

2015 - Mc-Nuss's first season:

QB Treon Harris 5-11 195 So - Backup/Starter

QB Will Grier 6-2 203 rsFr - Starter/One-Year-NCAA-Suspension
----
~ QB Josh Grady 6-0 200 rsSr - Backup (VU Grad-xfer W-O)
(2014 VU WR/QB-DT) - Eligibility Gonzo

QB Jacob Guy 6-5 222 rsJr - W-O - Primary clipboard - Grad-Gonzo

~ QB Luke Del-Rio 6-1 216 rsSo - OrSt/UA xfer-in/sitting-out W-O - Scout Team

~ QB Anderson Proctor 6-3 209 rsSo - W-O - Gonzo

~ QB Brian Fallace 6-4 206 rsFr - W-O - Gonzo

~ QB Harry Gornto V 6-2 195 Fr - W-O - redshirted
================

2016 - Projected QB Roster:

~ QB Austin Appleby 6-4 235 Grad/rsSr - Purdue xfer-in -- W-O

~ QB Like Del Rio 6-1 213 rsSo - Ore-St/UA xfer-in -- W-O

* WR/QB Treon Harris 5-11 201 Jr - Switched to WR - Suspended yet again...
* musclecramp's finest *

* QB Will Grier rsSo - 1 Year NCAA suspension after game 6 in 2015, xfer out to WVa.

~ QB Harry Gornto V 6-2 195 rsFr - W-O

~ QB Kyle Trask 6-4 227 Fr - EE

~ QB Feleipe' Franks 6-6 216 Fr - EE

With Grier gone and Harris switched to WR and suspended, all 5 of UF's current roster QB's were brought in by McElwain
================

2017 Verbal QB - ESPN #5 QB-PP Jake Allen 6-3 204 **** Top 300 (rivals #7 QB)

Last edited:
This might be worth watching...interesting to see point, counterpoint between the same person.

635897820304084724-1771325296_DRAMA.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TAYLOR1027
If the objective ia to be better than Chump, Mac is scoring a 10.

If the objective is to be an elite national program, he has a loooonnnnnggggg ways to go.

If the objective ia to be better than Chump, Mac is scoring a 10.

If the objective is to be an elite national program, he has a loooonnnnnggggg ways to go.
I wonder if you said the same thing after Urban Meyer's first year at UF?? LOL

I wonder if you said the same thing after Urban Meyer's first year at UF?? LOL

You mean when we had a 4 year starter in Leak returning at QB along with a ton of other talent. We had just defeated F$U and won our bowl game and had landed probably the best UF class ever. Just a few differences, LOL. This was a REALLY bad comparison. You let me down Paco

Reactions: BringBackBonner
You mean when we had a 4 year starter in Leak returning at QB along with a ton of other talent. We had just defeated F$U and won our bowl game and had landed probably the best UF class ever. Just a few differences, LOL. This was a REALLY bad comparison. You let me down Paco
Hmmm Meyer went 9-3 his first year at UF and didn't win the SEC east either. Leak and the ton of other talent you are talking about was Ron Zook recruits. The team that Meyer inherited was much more talented than the one McElwain inherited. McElwain certainly didn't inherit a QB as good as Leak.

It's actually a damn good comparison. I don't think McElwain is in Meyer's league but their first years at UF certainly aren't that much different.

Reactions: instaGATOR
It's a very good thing that 99% don't know all that went on in Gainesville during Meyer's tenure.... :oops:

I wouldn't trade you one Mc, for a half dozen U-banes,,, o_O but that's just me....

While only time will tell, I think that Mc-staff is the best we've had since SOS left town. :cool:
================

OC Nuss went to TX to watch Trask at practice with his HS team, and afterwards Nuss said that he was as good or better than any (recruit rating service) 5 Star QB that he'd seen this year.

Mc watched him at a UF camp last summer and gave him a ship offer, which Trask accepted the next day.

My stalker trolls here ran their (doomer-gloomer) mouths when I said (months ago after watching his Hudi highlights), that Trask was my favorite for QB in 2016. So, how about a 2nd (Gator player) opinion?

All American CB Jalen Tabor -- "I love Trask,” he said. “Pretty ball. He has the prettiest (tight spiral) ball. I feel like if he can take the next step and become a leader (he has a chance). It's different when you get under the live bullets in the SEC. Guys like Dante Fowler or Jarvis Jones coming after you. Can you still step up in the pocket and deliver a ball to help your team win? That's the only question I have for him, but as far as just the eye test, the kid is big and he can throw. >>> I tried to bait him into one play in the scrimmage and he baited me. He threw it right over my head, I'm like, 'Oh, I thought I had it,' but he put it right on a dime. He can definitely drop dimes." (that's better than any recruiting service's 2-3 star rating imoho - iG)

PS -- Trask also hit Fulwood for an 80 yard TD in last Friday's scrimmage.

----------

I like Kyle on many levels, similar to how I saw Spurrier, Wuerffel, and Tebow. He's not just a very good football player. IF he wins the starting job, great. IF not, then the QB that does has to be one hell of a QB, which is just fine with me too... (iG)

Last edited:
Hmmm Meyer went 9-3 his first year at UF and didn't win the SEC east either. Leak and the ton of other talent you are talking about was Ron Zook recruits. The team that Meyer inherited was much more talented than the one McElwain inherited. McElwain certainly didn't inherit a QB as good as Leak.

It's actually a damn good comparison. I don't think McElwain is in Meyer's league but their first years at UF certainly aren't that much different.

But their first full recruiting classes were that MUCH different.

....... so what does it matter (and who cares) what the recruiting services think about Mc's recruits? :cool:

You have ALWAYS slobbered over the recruiting service rankings, Instahen.....it's funny how you're now on the other side of that coin

The Hubble telescope doesn't even focus on "stars" like you do (or did)..... Sheesh

Isn't this thread about recruiting? Meyer's first 3 classes were #15, #2, #1. McElwain's first 3 classes were #23, #14, and currently #23.

Isn't this thread about recruiting? Meyer's first 3 classes were #15, #2, #1. McElwain's first 3 classes were #23, #14, and currently #23.
How many of those highly ranked recruits were troublesome selfish players who had academic problems or were arrested? Suspended for failed drug tests?

Yes I know the talent won a championship but he started the piss poor culture at UF and Muschamp added to it along with inept coaching.

Hopefully not only is MC evaluating talent but I hope he evaluates character. I've said it many times, UF needed a huge cultural change. I may be wrong but it looks like it is in place. Crap was looking like the 80's Miami junk. But some of y'all accept that trash because they had stars by their name.

Actually this thread is about 'non-panic recruiting,' which focuses on the coaches evaluation of the available recruits, how they might fit into both the current team roster, and how they will do as' citizens and UF student/athletes. Star rankings are a focus on that other 'panic-recruiting' thread, so do try and pay attention.

And your point is what exactly? When McElewain took over from Muschamp we had the #92 ranked class in the country. Who is a better recruiter than Meyer? Maybe Saban and I'm not even sure Saban is a better recruiter than Meyer. Meyer is a witch on the recruiting trail.

But again Meyer's first year at UF and McElwain's first year at UF weren't that much different at all. Both very similar first seasons at UF

What has the Mc-staff done to improve the Gator's receivers so far?

In the News: "The most improved area in the receiving end of the passing game appears to be at RB, where Mark Thompson, Jordan Cronkrite, Jordan Scarlett and Mark Herndon have all shown sure hands and an ability to run precise routes. Two of the RB's, Thompson and Cronkrite, played some WR in HS and have shown WR skills in practice."

The (~) indicates McElwain's recruits and/or xfers.

Mark Herndon 5-9 203 rsSr ** - Ocala
~ Mark Thompson 6-2 242 4.40/40 Jr ***** - La Mott, PA (juco-xfer)
~ Jordan Scarlet 5-10 213 4.38/40 So **** - Fort Lauderdale
~ Jordan Cronkrite 5-11 205 4.45/40 So **** - Miami
~ Lamical Perine 5-11 211 4.47/40 Fr **** - Theodore, AL
---------------

Also, IMOHO the Gators will be the best at Slot WR since the Percy Harvin days with these 2 guys:

Brandon Powell 5-9 184 4.38/40 Jr **** - Deerfield Beach, FL
~ Dre Massey 5-9 183 4.32/40 Jr **** - Greenville, SC (juco xfer)
---------------
To continue the Then & Now theme on play making receivers:

Ahmad Fulwood 6-4 211 Sr **** - Jacksonville
~ Kalif Jackson 6-4 215 rsFr *** - Neptune Beach

Alvin Bailey 5-11 186 rsJr **** - Seffner
~ Antonio Callaway 5-11 198 So *** - Miami - Fr All SEC (currently suspended)
~ Tyrie Cleveland 6-3 194 4.36/40 Fr **** - Houston/Jacksonville

Chris Thompson 6-0 170 Sr *** - Gainesville
~ Freddie Swain 6-0 180 Fr **** - Citra

C.J. Worton 6-0 194 Jr *** - Homestead
~ Josh Hammond 6-1 184 Fr **** - Hallandale

Ryan Sousa 6-0 190 rsSo **** - Orlando
~ Rick Wells 6-0 200 Fr **** - Jacksonville

Treon Harris 5-11 195 Jr **** - Miami (switching from QB to WR, suspended)
~ Grant Holloway 6-2 190 4.32/40 Fr **** - Chesapeake, VA. (a track ship)
---------------

TE-H DeAndre Goolsby 6-4 240 Jr **** - Derby, Kan.
TE-H C'yontai Lewis 6-4 230 rsSo *** - Eutaw, AL
TE-Y Moral Stevens 6-3 247 rsSo **** - Perry, FL
~ TE-H Camrin Knight 6-3 237 So *** - Tallahassee, FL
TE Ryan Ferguson 6-3 219 rsSo - 2014 W-O
~ TE/QB Brian Fallace 6-4 210 rsSo - 2015 W-O at QB, 2016 moved to TE
-------------
~ TE/QB Anderson Proctor 6-3 209 rsJr - 2015 W-O at QB, 2016 moved to TE
(In the last week, Proctor seem's to have been removed from the Gator roster???)

~ That sure looks like across the board receiver improvements to me, so what does it matter (and who cares) what the recruiting services think about Mc's recruits? :cool:
Those two slot wr's are not in the same stratosphere as Percy Harvin

Reactions: Michi-Gator
And your point is what exactly? When McElewain took over from Muschamp we had the #92 ranked class in the country. Who is a better recruiter than Meyer? Maybe Saban and I'm not even sure Saban is a better recruiter than Meyer. Meyer is a witch on the recruiting trail.

But again Meyer's first year at UF and McElwain's first year at UF weren't that much different at all. Both very similar first seasons at UF

But then why did Mac not make the same haul as Meyer with his first non-transition class? You initially said they were similar in on field and recruiting. I see you have back off that whole recruiting thing. I am expecting 13-1, SEC champs and National title this year. Fair enough?

It's a very good thing that 99% don't know all that went on in Gainesville during Meyer's tenure.... :oops:

I wouldn't trade you one Mc, for a half dozen U-banes,,, o_O but that's just me....

While only time will tell, I think that Mc-staff is the best we've had since SOS left town. :cool:
================

OC Nuss went to TX to watch Trask at practice with his HS team, and afterwards Nuss said that he was as good or better than any (recruit rating service) 5 Star QB that he'd seen this year.

Mc watched him at a UF camp last summer and gave him a ship offer, which Trask accepted the next day.

My stalker trolls here ran their (doomer-gloomer) mouths when I said (months ago after watching his Hudi highlights), that Trask was my favorite for QB in 2016. So, how about a 2nd (Gator player) opinion?

All American CB Jalen Tabor -- "I love Trask,” he said. “Pretty ball. He has the prettiest (tight spiral) ball. I feel like if he can take the next step and become a leader (he has a chance). It's different when you get under the live bullets in the SEC. Guys like Dante Fowler or Jarvis Jones coming after you. Can you still step up in the pocket and deliver a ball to help your team win? That's the only question I have for him, but as far as just the eye test, the kid is big and he can throw. >>> I tried to bait him into one play in the scrimmage and he baited me. He threw it right over my head, I'm like, 'Oh, I thought I had it,' but he put it right on a dime. He can definitely drop dimes." (that's better than any recruiting service's 2-3 star rating imoho - iG)

PS -- Trask also hit Fulwood for an 80 yard TD in last Friday's scrimmage.

----------

I like Kyle on many levels, similar to how I saw Spurrier, Wuerffel, and Tebow. He's not just a very good football player. IF he wins the starting job, great. IF not, then the QB that does has to be one hell of a QB, which is just fine with me too... (iG)

Seriously? How can you speak saying perrenial failure Nuss is part of a better staff than one that included Mullen, Strong, Mattison, et al???? Even the most bias would laugh at that notion.

Those two slot wr's are not in the same stratosphere as Percy Harvin
That might be because neither has tested positive for weed yet.... :rolleyes:

Hey troll, I said they were the best as slot receivers at UF since Harvin was here. I didn't say that either was better or even as good,,, twit. o_O

Take an actual look at what some idiot-twit-troll calls a coaching 'Perennial Failure,' in their own oh so humble opinion.

And oh BTW (perrenial) :confused: Looks like another fail for someone to me... :cool:

http://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=478&path=football

Saban sent him packing and MeatChicken offense regressed under him. And we flat out stunk and our Bowl Game gameplan looked horrible and like we had not even prepared. Coincidence?

Saban sent him packing and MeatChicken offense regressed under him. And we flat out stunk and our Bowl Game gameplan looked horrible and like we had not even prepared. Coincidence?

Take an actual look at what some idiot-twit-troll calls a coaching 'Perennial Failure,' in their own oh so humble opinion.

And oh BTW (perrenial) :confused: Looks like another fail for someone to me... :cool:

http://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=478&path=football
===============

Are you now claiming that Saban fired Nuss? Link please, or just admit that you're a slanderous liar yet again. o_O

Yeah, but that idiot-Mc guy hired him and all they did was win 10 games and the SECe in their 1st season after taking over the PUBAR that ole musclecramp left for them. Even though they lost their starting 6-0 QB mid-season and had to fall back on a loser that should never have been a Gator to start with, (yet another genius move by the musclecramp).

But why is this clown so down on Nuss? I'm betting that you ran your mouth to people in Mich about what SEC/Bama Nuss was going to do to bail out that excuse for a coaching staff that was already in place with the meat-chickens when Nuss arrived, and because he couldn't pull off a miracle there, you ended up eating crow and looking like the fool that you are here so often. o_O

Nuss is not a perennial failure as an OC/QB's coach as the record shows, but you are it seems to me. o_O JMOHO of course, and nothing personal is intended by those comments. :cool:

So Saban ran Nuss off did he? (it's hammer time)
I guess these are the reasons why he did so:

When McElwain left for ColoSt after the 2011 season, he recommended Nuss to Saban as the new OC.
  • With Nuss as the OC, the 2012 campaign marked the first time in school history that Alabama rushed and passed for 3,000 yards each in a single season.
  • The Crimson Tide continued their offensive efficiency in 2013.
  • Alabama was seventh nationally in pass efficiency and 17th in both scoring offense and 3rd down percentage.
  • The Tide averaged over 200 yards on the ground and through the air.
  • McCarron was 8th in pass efficiency after leading the nation in 2012, and in 2 seasons under Nussmeier, he passed for 5,996 yards, 58 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions, while completing over 67% of his passes.

This of course is why you say that Saban 'ran him off' as the Bama OC...

Saying that something isn't personal, does not make it so.

And you would certainly be the board expert on all things 'personal' wouldn't you, as the head stalking troll himself, and you're even mostly proud of it! :confused:

Now I'm really LMFAO... :D:D:D:D:D

Enough with the trolls for this week, back on ignore you go. :p
You jerks can now get back in your usual circle and hiss to each other about mean ole me... :mad:

Last edited:
After reading this thread, I think Insta may need a 'bot' friend to reply to his comments so that he doesn't have to lol.

j/k insta.

Yes, he took over #92, but in fairness, that is the year most experts thought the Gators should have the #1 class easily as so many long time Gators were atop the rankings.

Again, if its staff, product, whatever the problem we are not where we need to be in terms of recruiting to compete for NCs. Urban pulls more top 25 kids out of Florida than Mac.

Yes, he took over #92, but in fairness, that is the year most experts thought the Gators should have the #1 class easily as so many long time Gators were atop the rankings.

Again, if its staff, product, whatever the problem we are not where we need to be in terms of recruiting to compete for NCs. Urban pulls more top 25 kids out of Florida than Mac.
The point is UF had the #92 class when Mac took over. Not sure how you figured UF was supposed to have the #1 class that year. What difference would that make anyways? What does it matter even if they were? It clearly wasn't going that way with Muschamp. Let me guess you expected McElwain to pull in the #1 recruiting class all the way from #92 in less than 2 months just because that is how it was supposed to be? LOL. McElwain had to come in and resurrect that class the best he could. He also did pretty damn good with that class considering Mike Summers was the only coach that was even kept on staff.

Again not sure why you bring up Urban Meyer. Meyer has 3 national titles and is the best recruiter in the country. I haven't seen anybody compare McElwain to Meyer in recruiting. Your just throwing whatever shit you can to the wall and hoping something will stick.

The point is UF had the #92 class when Mac took over. Not sure how you figured UF was supposed to have the #1 class that year. What difference would that make anyways? What does it matter even if they were? It clearly wasn't going that way with Muschamp. Let me guess you expected McElwain to pull in the #1 recruiting class all the way from #92 in less than 2 months just because that is how it was supposed to be? LOL. McElwain had to come in and resurrect that class the best he could. He also did pretty damn good with that class considering Mike Summers was the only coach that was even kept on staff.

Again not sure why you bring up Urban Meyer. Meyer has 3 national titles and is the best recruiter in the country. I haven't seen anybody compare McElwain to Meyer in recruiting. Your just throwing whatever shit you can to the wall and hoping something will stick.

If one were to do diligence they would scroll back and find you first made the Meyer comparison.

The point is, and the one you want to dodge, that this staff is simply not recruiting at the level that is and should be expected at the University of Florida. Its really that simple. No need to excuse it or pretend it to be otherwise. Kirby Smart has never coached a game and he is outrecruiting UF both in his transition year and thus far in his first year. Mac never saw the usual first full class 'bump' that most others have seen. And quite honsetly, most concerning is the lack of attention the Gators are receiving from the TOP in-state recruits.

Something is going to need to greatly turn the tide here. And what if Ghost is right and 2015 was Mac's 2012. What if we drop to only winning 8? What if we lose to UT and F$U? Do you think those things will improve recruiting? The point being with the trainwreck that was our last 4 games and a possible step-back, do you really see this staff changing our recruiting fortunes to allow us to ATLEAST compete with Michigan, Bama, F$U, etc?

If one were to do diligence they would scroll back and find you first made the Meyer comparison.

The point is, and the one you want to dodge, that this staff is simply not recruiting at the level that is and should be expected at the University of Florida. Its really that simple. No need to excuse it or pretend it to be otherwise. Kirby Smart has never coached a game and he is outrecruiting UF both in his transition year and thus far in his first year. Mac never saw the usual first full class 'bump' that most others have seen. And quite honsetly, most concerning is the lack of attention the Gators are receiving from the TOP in-state recruits.

Something is going to need to greatly turn the tide here. And what if Ghost is right and 2015 was Mac's 2012. What if we drop to only winning 8? What if we lose to UT and F$U? Do you think those things will improve recruiting? The point being with the trainwreck that was our last 4 games and a possible step-back, do you really see this staff changing our recruiting fortunes to allow us to ATLEAST compete with Michigan, Bama, F$U, etc?
I made the Meyer comparison that their first years weren't that much different from each other. One coach went 9-3 and the other went 10-4. I'm pretty sure that was my comparison. Pretty sure it was nothing more and nothing less.

Kirby Smart? Who did he get to commit to him at UGA that wasn't already committed when he took over?

By the way for the 2017 recruiting class UF has a higher average star rating right now than UGA. I'm guessing you didn't know that. Just another case of throwing shit against the wall without checking first.

is treon gonna be out there skipping rocks again next season?

In his first 2 recruiting classes, McElwain has landed 3 players each from Alabama and Texas. He also signed single prospects from Mississippi and Michigan, 2 states that don't typically produce players for the Gators. Since last NSD, 54 of the 58 offers handed out by the Gator's have been to out-of-state recruits. His first goal was to solidify the Gator's Florida recruiting base, including talent rich S.FL, and now he's branching back out all across the USA.

UF/McElwain is currently a co-leader for west coast CB Elijah Blades 6-3 170 4.42/40 *** - LA, Cal. His early offers include: UF - Az, Colo, ColoSt, WashSt, SJSt. (he has been described as a 'freakish' athlete)

CB V.Hargreaves Jr and FS K.Neal Jr are leaving early for the NFL draft, but 2 other AA's will remain to anchor UF's 2016 secondary, SS Maye's Sr and CB Tabor Jr. The Gators will continue to coach up the depth while recruiting the future replacements for DB-U.
================
================

Coach White & staff's recruiting seems to be taking off too.

PF Dontay Bassett 6-8 205 ***
https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/dontay-bassett-pf-san-leandro-ca-2016

PG Eric Hester 6-3 175 **** (rivals 87/150)
https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/eric-hester-pg-2016
----------------
SG/SF Tyrie Cleveland 6-3 180 - (WR **** - SG/SF ***)
Fr/So combined stats: 42 Gm's - 15.6 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.2 spg, .9 bpg, 80% FG.
I don't know if he's going to attempt to play both sports or not, but the recruiting site listed him, so I have too?
=============

SG Shai Alexander 6-4 165 **** - Chattanooga, Tn (rivals 60/150 list)

SF DeAundre Ballard 6-6 180 **** - Atlanta, Ga (rivals 82/150 list)
https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/florida-lands-four-star-wing

Personally, I'd rather have 4 star, Top 150's that stay until their Jr/Sr seasons, than go the UK route of one & done 5 stars, but that's just me. I don't mind the occasional 1 & done type like BillyD occasionally had (Bradley Beal), but I'd not like to have to depend on that kind of roster. It also can screw the schools needed grad-rate right into the ground...

In his first 2 recruiting classes, McElwain has landed 3 players each from Alabama and Texas. He also signed single prospects from Mississippi and Michigan, 2 states that don't typically produce players for the Gators. Since last NSD, 54 of the 58 offers handed out by the Gator's have been to out-of-state recruits. His first goal was to solidify the Gator's Florida recruiting base, including talent rich S.FL, and now he's branching back out all across the USA.

UF/McElwain is currently a co-leader for west coast CB Elijah Blades 6-3 170 4.42/40 *** - LA, Cal. His early offers include: UF - Az, Colo, ColoSt, WashSt, SJSt. (he has been described as a 'freakish' athlete)

CB V.Hargreaves Jr and FS K.Neal Jr are leaving early for the NFL draft, but 2 other AA's will remain to anchor UF's 2016 secondary, SS Maye's Sr and CB Tabor Jr. The Gators will continue to coach up the depth while recruiting the future replacements for DB-U.
================
================

Coach White & staff's recruiting seems to be taking off too.

PF Dontay Bassett 6-8 205 ***
https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/dontay-bassett-pf-san-leandro-ca-2016

PG Eric Hester 6-3 175 **** (rivals 87/150)
https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/eric-hester-pg-2016
----------------
SG/SF Tyrie Cleveland 6-3 180 - (WR **** - SG/SF ***)
Fr/So combined stats: 42 Gm's - 15.6 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.2 spg, .9 bpg, 80% FG.
I don't know if he's going to attempt to play both sports or not, but the recruiting site listed him, so I have too?
=============

SG Shai Alexander 6-4 165 **** - Chattanooga, Tn (rivals 60/150 list)

SF DeAundre Ballard 6-6 180 **** - Atlanta, Ga (rivals 82/150 list)
https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/florida-lands-four-star-wing

Personally, I'd rather have 4 star, Top 150's that stay until their Jr/Sr seasons, than go the UK route of one & done 5 stars, but that's just me. I don't mind the occasional 1 & done type like BillyD occasionally had (Bradley Beal), but I'd not like to have to depend on that kind of roster. It also can screw the schools needed grad-rate right into the ground...

You make my point. You choose a 3* with subpar offers as how we are recruiting elite players? I want to be competing for the guys tOSU, F$U, Bama, UGa and MeatChicken are after, not the guys with San Jose St and Colorado St are after.

I also disagree with the out of state thing. Forget the Mississippi and Michigan kids, get better with elite Florida kids

There's another way a recruiting class can be judged. Who can play at a SEC level as a Fr?
Here are the 2016 freshmen early (EE) enrollees:

QB Kyle Trask **/* - He'll likely battle Appleby for the backup role, with maybe even a small chance to start.

QB Feleipe Franks **** - Good eventually with a nice up-side, but he will probably need a redshirt.

OL Stone Forsythe 6-7 309 - A likely redshirt unless OL injuries should force him into playing time.

WR Josh Hammond 6-1 179 - Good hands. He will be in the game day receiver rotation.

WR Freddie Swain 6-0 177 - Good hands, explosive speed. He will be in the rotation.

CB McArthur Burnett 5-9 157 - Athletic and very fast so he could see some backup time. (3 Tkl's in O&B)

FS/CB/Nic Chauncey Gardner 5-11 197 - He will likely play in the DB rotation and on ST's.

ILB David Reese 6-0 240 - Instant depth in what was a shallow LB corp. (6 Tkl's in O&B)

DE Jordan Smith 6-5 225 - Still building up his Wt & strength, he could see playing time. (2 Tkl's, 1 Int in O&B)

I could easily see 7 of those 9 EE's at least getting some playing time in 2016.
------------
As a super-bonus, ALL 3 of the Gator JuCo's were Spring standouts and will certainly play.
K 'Fast Eddy' Pineiro 6-0 178 - 46 - 52 & 56 Yd FG's in O&B
RB Mark Thompson 6-2 242 Lb's 4.4/40 - 9+ ypc & a 26 Yd TD run in O&B
WR Dre Massey 5-9 184 4.32/40 - 2 rec with a 19 Yd TD in O&B
Those 3 will not only play, they are likely to be solid 'game changers' for 2016.

Kicking Camp results for 'Fast Eddy' - a year ago on 4-25-15:
86 yard KO with a 3.97 sec hang time.
50 yard FG's from both hash marks.
A 60 yd FG off the ground with the stick holder.
71 yard FG that bounced in off the cross bar but still went thru.
* He has since kicked an undefended practice field FG of 77 yds.
~ Gator Spring game: he made 46-52-56 yd FG's in heavy swirling winds.
Fast Eddy and Trask might just end up being Mc's best offensive recruits ever? - iG

===========

And that's why I don't really care where any of the recruiting services put UF's 2016 class ranking.
Recruit/Class rankings can make fun msg. board fodder, especially in the off season, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. They are hardly better than any fan's W-a-G on a player's quality.
=============

Class Bonus is how many of the summer arrivals will also get 2016 playing time?

WR Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 194 **** (espn #4 WR)
OC/OG Brett Heggie 6-3 314 *** (espn #8 center)
OG Jawaan Taylor 6-5 347 *** (espn #46 OG)
RB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 **** (espn #30 RB)
WR Rick Wells 6-0 200 ****

DE Antonneous Clayton 6-3 235 ***** (espn #2 DE)
DE Jachai Polite 6-2 259 *** (espn #47 DE ****)
OLB Jeremiah Moon 6-4 207 **** (either ssOLB or ILB - espn #24 OLB)
OLB Vosean Joseph 6-1 215 *** (espn #17 OLB ****)
CB C.J. McWilliams 5-11 163 ***
DB/S Quincy Lenton 5-11 207 *** (espn #21-S ****)
DB/S Joseph Putu 6-2 195 JuCo NDSt ** (10 Ints, 8 FR's & 5 FF's in 2015)
SS Jeawon Taylor 6-0 191 *** (espn #39-S)

It is very important to keep in mind that things like practice habits, health status, academics, character, and citizenship, go a long way in determining any recruits' future success at the University of Florida. - iG
------------
But how about a 2nd opinion from an NFL Professional - Florida's 2016 Signees: "There may not be a ton of early returns from this group, but don’t be misled by the class rankings or stars. While they may not all pan out, I strongly believe that Florida will produce some studs out of a few of these under-the-radar signees."
Also: "While other SEC schools may have landed some higher profile recruits and there may be 5 SEC schools ranked higher than Florida on Rivals’ list, I believe that Coach McElwain hit an absolute home run with this class."
Finally -- "More than the talent, what stands out to me about this group in general is the football I.Q. I feel like I wrote the word instinctive and intuitive a lot in my breakdowns, which is not something I typically do. They added football players, not just athletic specimens."-- NFL Network, NFL Films analyst - Matt Hamilton

Read the whole article for yourself @

https://florida.n.rivals.com/news/expert-opinion-class-of-2016-signee-film-breakdown-iv

There's another way a recruiting class can be judged. Who can play at a SEC level as a Fr?
Here are the 2016 freshmen early (EE) enrollees:

QB Kyle Trask **/* - He'll likely battle Appleby for the backup role, with maybe even a small chance to start.

QB Feleipe Franks **** - Good eventually with a nice up-side, but he will probably need a redshirt.

OL Stone Forsythe 6-7 309 - A likely redshirt unless OL injuries should force him into playing time.

WR Josh Hammond 6-1 179 - Good hands. He will be in the game day receiver rotation.

WR Freddie Swain 6-0 177 - Good hands, explosive speed. He will be in the rotation.

CB McArthur Burnett 5-9 157 - Athletic and very fast so he could see some backup time. (3 Tkl's in O&B)

FS/CB/Nic Chauncey Gardner 5-11 197 - He will likely play in the DB rotation and on ST's.

ILB David Reese 6-0 240 - Instant depth in what was a shallow LB corp. (6 Tkl's in O&B)

DE Jordan Smith 6-5 225 - Still building up his Wt & strength, he could see playing time. (2 Tkl's, 1 Int in O&B)

I could easily see 7 of those 9 EE's at least getting some playing time in 2016.
------------
As a super-bonus, ALL 3 of the Gator JuCo's were Spring standouts and will certainly play.
K 'Fast Eddy' Pineiro 6-0 178 - 46 - 52 & 56 Yd FG's in O&B
RB Mark Thompson 6-2 242 Lb's 4.4/40 - 9+ ypc & a 26 Yd TD run in O&B
WR Dre Massey 5-9 184 4.32/40 - 2 rec with a 19 Yd TD in O&B
Those 3 will not only play, they are likely to be solid 'game changers' for 2016.

Kicking Camp results for 'Fast Eddy' - a year ago on 4-25-15:
86 yard KO with a 3.97 sec hang time.
50 yard FG's from both hash marks.
A 60 yd FG off the ground with the stick holder.
71 yard FG that bounced in off the cross bar but still went thru.
* He has since kicked an undefended practice field FG of 77 yds.
~ Gator Spring game: he made 46-52-56 yd FG's in heavy swirling winds.
Fast Eddy and Trask might just end up being Mc's best offensive recruits ever? - iG

===========

And that's why I don't really care where any of the recruiting services put UF's 2016 class ranking.
Recruit/Class rankings can make fun msg. board fodder, especially in the off season, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. They are hardly better than any fan's W-a-G on a player's quality.
=============

Class Bonus is how many of the summer arrivals will also get 2016 playing time?

WR Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 194 **** (espn #4 WR)
OC/OG Brett Heggie 6-3 314 *** (espn #8 center)
OG Jawaan Taylor 6-5 347 *** (espn #46 OG)
RB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 **** (espn #30 RB)
WR Rick Wells 6-0 200 ****

DE Antonneous Clayton 6-3 235 ***** (espn #2 DE)
DE Jachai Polite 6-2 259 *** (espn #47 DE ****)
OLB Jeremiah Moon 6-4 207 **** (either ssOLB or ILB - espn #24 OLB)
OLB Vosean Joseph 6-1 215 *** (espn #17 OLB ****)
CB C.J. McWilliams 5-11 163 ***
DB/S Quincy Lenton 5-11 207 *** (espn #21-S ****)
DB/S Joseph Putu 6-2 195 JuCo NDSt ** (10 Ints, 8 FR's & 5 FF's in 2015)
SS Jeawon Taylor 6-0 191 *** (espn #39-S)

It is very important to keep in mind that things like practice habits, health status, academics, character, and citizenship, go a long way in determining any recruits' future success at the University of Florida. - iG
------------
But how about a 2nd opinion from an NFL Professional - Florida's 2016 Signees: "There may not be a ton of early returns from this group, but don’t be misled by the class rankings or stars. While they may not all pan out, I strongly believe that Florida will produce some studs out of a few of these under-the-radar signees."
Also: "While other SEC schools may have landed some higher profile recruits and there may be 5 SEC schools ranked higher than Florida on Rivals’ list, I believe that Coach McElwain hit an absolute home run with this class."
Finally -- "More than the talent, what stands out to me about this group in general is the football I.Q. I feel like I wrote the word instinctive and intuitive a lot in my breakdowns, which is not something I typically do. They added football players, not just athletic specimens."-- NFL Network, NFL Films analyst - Matt Hamilton

Read the whole article for yourself @

https://florida.n.rivals.com/news/expert-opinion-class-of-2016-signee-film-breakdown-iv

Only a damned fool believes incoming Freshmen will save the day and you know it. Blowing smoke up your own skirt might give you a thrill. But in the end(pun intended), it really don't accomplish anything.

Trask is a clipboard holder, nothing more. The idea that somebody who never played in high School at Q/B other than in mop up minutes will somehow come in and lead an SEC team to glory is a work of fiction. Just like your claims of Tim Tebow being an NFL Quarterback that was better than Peyton Manning.

Your Fe\reshmen OL are not ready for prime time, needing at least a year to acclimate to the speed of the game, the strength and conditioning needed and the difference between hs DL and the Elite that make up DLs in the NFL'S Triple A Farm Clubs

Only a damned fool believes incoming Freshmen will save the day and you know it. Blowing smoke up your own skirt might give you a thrill. But in the end(pun intended), it really don't accomplish anything.

Trask is a clipboard holder, nothing more. The idea that somebody who never played in high School at Q/B other than in mop up minutes will somehow come in and lead an SEC team to glory is a work of fiction. Just like your claims of Tim Tebow being an NFL Quarterback that was better than Peyton Manning.

Your Fe\reshmen OL are not ready for prime time, needing at least a year to acclimate to the speed of the game, the strength and conditioning needed and the difference between hs DL and the Elite that make up DLs in the NFL'S Triple A Farm Clubs

And yet we will still beat you. Sad, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT