ADVERTISEMENT

Dalvin Cook punched a woman

"Willie Meggs has a clear and obvious agenda against Florida State football players. Whether it is a personal vendetta for some unknown reason, racism, attempts to gain political capital from the publicity, truly believes football players should be held to a higher standard or possibly a combination of all these things, right or wrong he has certainly used his authority and the law to take action for those beliefs.

Either way, his actions are still that of someone who is singling out a group of people and not treating them equally as they have the right to be under the law which he is elected to uphold.

Therefore, Willie Meggs is a legal disgrace."

That "article" is a disgrace.

Meanwhile, back to the Cook case, last week his atty failed to appear for court, tried to have another atty stand in for him, and tried to continue the case w/o first asking the prosecutors if they objected. Judge got pissed and set the case for trial for three weeks.

He also filed for a speedy trial. The case is weak and many expect Cook back on the team by Sept 2nd.

Last edited:
"Willie Meggs has a clear and obvious agenda against Florida State football players. Whether it is a personal vendetta for some unknown reason, racism, attempts to gain political capital from the publicity, truly believes football players should be held to a higher standard or possibly a combination of all these things, right or wrong he has certainly used his authority and the law to take action for those beliefs.

Either way, his actions are still that of someone who is singling out a group of people and not treating them equally as they have the right to be under the law which he is elected to uphold.

Therefore, Willie Meggs is a legal disgrace."

That "article" is a disgrace.

They truly live in their own little fantasy world. A handful of players over 30 years have faced minor charges and a DA with degrees from their school has a "clear and obvious agenda against FSU players". It would be funny if not so sad.

Cook will be back on the team, because they have to have him on the team. He's their best player. Jimbo knows this as well. FSU already tried to hide this and keep it out of the news. The only reason it got out is because Deandre Johnson leaked it. Cooks incident happened 1 day after Johnson's. This is like Cook's 3rd or 4th run in with the law on top of all of this.

Cook will be back on the team, because they have to have him on the team. He's their best player. Jimbo knows this as well. FSU already tried to hide this and keep it out of the news. The only reason it got out is because Deandre Johnson leaked it. Cooks incident happened 1 day after Johnson's. This is like Cook's 3rd or 4th run in with the law on top of all of this.
the-rock-clapping.gif

When it comes to hiding crime from the public dumbo ranks higher than the original pathetic snake oil salesman...boobah.

GO Canes!

If you are going to write a scathing article like this, be man enough to put your name on it.

Otherwise, it wreaks of just another angry FSU booster, fan, administrator, etc who wants to point the finger at the big bad system and not the player(s).

Snake oil might make UM relevant again. UF fans talking crap I get. They have won in my 9 year olds lifetime. UM, though, is as tired as the batteries in Donna Shalala's vibrator.

Is there anything factually wrong within its contents?
Alaska, dude, it's an opinion piece. The vast majority of it is his opinion on Meggs' animus towards FSU and motive to go after FSU athletes.

Did you actually read it? It's long and your question makes me think you may not have.

Alaska, dude, it's an opinion piece. The vast majority of it is his opinion on Meggs' animus towards FSU and motive to go after FSU athletes.

Did you actually read it? It's long and your question makes me think you may not have.

I've actually been keeping up with the entire series...it dates all the way back to the Burger King crap with Winston. Heck, the author(s) even breaks down the Student Union shouting scandle to demonstrate how it unnecessarily escalated. There weren't (aren't) even any tables for Winston to have jumped up on.

I digress, yes, I've read the entire thing. It is, in fact, an opinion piece based on person research of the author. Question still stands, though, as I've not seen anyone negate any of the information.

I've actually been keeping up with the entire series...it dates all the way back to the Burger King crap with Winston (1) . Heck, the author(s) even breaks down the Student Union shouting scandle to demonstrate how it unnecessarily escalated (2). There weren't (aren't) even any tables for Winston to have jumped up on.(3)

I digress, yes, I've read the entire thing. It is, in fact, an opinion piece based on person research of the author (4). Question still stands, though, as I've not seen anyone negate any of the information (5)
(1) Did he not steal coke?
(2) what does that even mean?
(3) Winston admitted and apologized
(4) How naïve
(5) What information? How is anyone on here, including you, going to "negate" this anonymous author's opinions on Meggs' motivations for prosecution, feelings towards FSU, etc. ?

What on earth does Winston's theft of services from Burger King and the Student Union obscenity incident have to do with Willie Meggs and his supposed "agenda against FSU players"? Good grief, you noles are deflective idiots.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
What on earth does Winston's theft of services from Burger King and the Student Union obscenity incident have to do with Willie Meggs and his supposed "agenda against FSU players"? Good grief, you noles are deflective idiots.

The two are not related in any way shape or form and I made ZERO attempt at relating them. If you clicked the link; however, you would see that the Willie Meggs piece is simply another column/blog/piece by the same author in a single scrollable webpage. I just articulated that I've read what I linked and have been since the first article.

INDEX:

Hashtag Facts
Whether serious, satirical or sarcastic, #FACTs strives to look at the world, mostly the sports world, through the eyes of facts. #FACTs

- Willie Meggs: A Legal Disgrace
- ESPN: A Tale of Hypocrisy
- Is the College Football Playoff and Metrics the answer?
- Gatorade: Legend…or Myth?
- The Legacy of a Coach, Man: Urban Meyer
- We Are Florida State (A look into the Florida State shooting incident)
- Jameis Winston – Introduction
- Jameis Winston – Chapter 1 – First BB Gun Incident
- Jameis Winston – Chapter 2 – Second BB Gun Incident
- Jameis Winston – Chapter 3 – Sexual Assault Accusation
- Jamies Winston – Chapter 4 – Burger King Incident
- Jamies Winston – Chapter 5 – Publix Seafood
- Jamies Winston – Chapter 6 – Shouting Obscenities Incident
- Jamies Winston – Chapter 7 – Artificial Autograph Incident
- Jameis Winston – Chapter 8 – Other off the field thoughts
- Jameis Winston – Conclusion – Who is he?

LINK: https://hashtagfacts.wordpress.com/

How did FSU hide it? The state's attorney waited three weeks to file charges. How is that FSU's fault? Johnson leaked it? No he didn't. You are just making stuff up.

Cook had an issue in HS that no school had any issues with, UF included. One with a citation for dogs and then he was involved in a BB gun thing at FSU. Hardly the hardened criminal. FSU has done everything right in this case. If he is found not guilty or the charges dropped he will be back on the team as he should be.

(1) Did he not steal coke?
(2) what does that even mean?
(3) Winston admitted and apologized
(4) How naïve
(5) What information? How is anyone on here, including you, going to "negate" this anonymous author's opinions on Meggs' motivations for prosecution, feelings towards FSU, etc. ?

My answers are based on the article(s) we're discussing.

(1) Did he not steal coke? - I have no idea. No one was named in the 911 call and I've yet to see a police report. It has never been confirmed/denied.

LINK: https://hashtagfacts.wordpress.com/2014/10/20/jamies-winston-chapter-4-burger-king-incident/

(2) what does that even mean? - According to 1st hand witnesses is was something funny to those who heard and it was blown out of proportion when the media caught wind of it.

tweet.png

LINK: https://hashtagfacts.wordpress.com/...ston-chapter-6-shouting-obscenities-incident/

(3) Winston admitted and apologized. What choice did he have? Glad I never had to publicly apologize for crack'n a vulgar joke to my friends.

(4) How naïve - Clearly you haven't read through the articles. They are extremely detailed. It's clear (right or wrong) more research was conducted than most major media outlets put forth.

(5) What information? How is anyone on here, including you, going to "negate" this anonymous author's opinions on Meggs' motivations for prosecution, feelings towards FSU, etc.? - The author doesn't base everything on "opinion." I urge you to read all 16 articles (like I did).

I read the police report and listened to the 911 tape.

On the morning of Tuesday, June23, 2015,

theTallahassee Police Department was dispatched to the area of Clydes and Costello's Cocktail Bar, 210South Adams Street, in reference to an assault.The original CAD notes stated that the complainant advised that 5-7 FSU football players had just hit her in the lip and left the scene,with a time delay of-five minutes. Officer Smidt (#337)arrived on-scene and spoke to the following individuals: (complainantIvictim), friendandwitness), and (independent witness).

cook-id-1.png

cook-id-5.png

cook-id-2.png

cook-id-3.png

"Just using a little common sense with the situation, the complainant says she was hit by 5-7 football players. Later she claimed she was hit multiple times by Dalvin Cook. Assuming either of these are true, just one elite D1 football player punching a girl multiple times, is very likely going to leave more of an impact than a bloody lip and a little dirt on one knee."

Last edited:
Reactions: Nolebra Kai
How did FSU hide it? The state's attorney waited three weeks to file charges. How is that FSU's fault? Johnson leaked it? No he didn't. You are just making stuff up.

Cook had an issue in HS that no school had any issues with, UF included. One with a citation for dogs and then he was involved in a BB gun thing at FSU. Hardly the hardened criminal. FSU has done everything right in this case. If he is found not guilty or the charges dropped he will be back on the team as he should be.

He's a thug, Kai! A THUG!!!

Reactions: Dr. Nole
It seems like a weak case and something that probably shouldn't even have been charged. Now with the new witness who was actually named in the Police Report it looks like this will all go away.

Reactions: danoleman
It seems like a weak case and something that probably shouldn't even have been charged. Now with the new witness who was actually named in the Police Report it looks like this will all go away.

Don't let that take away from his "automatic guilt" because:

1. He's been in trouble in HS and was cited for tying up some puppies
2. A hammered drunk girl said he did it (lawdy that 911 call was hard to get through)
3. Her dad (who wasn't even there) said he did it
4. (and my favorite) he attends FSU

all of those guarantees he did it.

Reactions: danoleman
LOL

So, which FSU player do you think hit the girl and why is he letting Cook take the rap for it? LOL!

You do know when this goes to trial and all the other players testify they didn't hit her, it corroborates her identification of Cook, which she already said she was 100% certain, right?

LOL

So, which FSU player do you think hit the girl and why is he letting Cook take the rap for it? LOL!

You do know when this goes to trial and all the other players testify they didn't hit her, it corroborates her identification of Cook, which she already said she was 100% certain, right?

You do know that no attorney in their right mind would request a speedy trial if they didn't think they had a slam dunk case, right? How do you know for certain an FSU football player even hit her? Were you present at the time of the altercation?

By the way, when I'm plastered drunk, I'm not certain of anything...are you?

You do know that no attorney in their right mind would request a speedy trial if they didn't think they had a slam dunk case, right?

The attorney isn't even a criminal defense attorney and has demonstrated he doesn't know what he is doing. So there is your answer regarding "right mind". They are likely counting on the fact that there will be an FSU fan like you and the guy who wrote the Meggs bit who will refuse to convict out of pure spite. The State's Attorney present at the hearing already commented that it is very "unusual" for a case to go to trial this quickly(but that the State was ready anyway).

So, who do you think hit her and why is he letting Cook take the rap? Either Cook hit her, or some other sh!tbag did, and is letting Cook take the rap. Those are the facts.

Are you a lawyer? IWould the SA office have arrested Cook if they thought it was a weak case?

How can you be a 'new' witness and also named in the police report?

Ok, here goes....

Evidence of such exists in the very picture above from the press conference Meggs held to announce no charges would be filed against former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston after being accused of rape. No press conference was necessary unless you just want to get your face on a television. A simple statement or press release like so many times before was all that was required, but Meggs could not pass up the opportunity to have his airtime as he always does with members of the national media.

Is this a joke? This was all for FSU fans, to feel good about cheering for a guy accused of sexual assault. He even laughed at the fact she was drunk, when he has taken numerous cases to trial based upon that fact alone.

But lets continue...

..similar actions were seen recently in the cases of De’Andre Johnson and Dalvin Cook, taking special interest in misdemeanor cases he would not have if not for the profile of those involved.

His involvement is due to TPD's actions involving Winston and Williams. This is well known. TPD can't be trusted to properly investigate accusations against FSU athletes. Sheesh.

Not missing a chance for yet another opportunity for more publicity, Meggs even lied to the local media in Tallahassee regarding the actions against Dalvin Cook and gave the truth to national media members, specifically Mark Schlabach once again.

Uh, charges had not been filed yet when the local media came calling. Like others have posted, Johnson spilled the beans on this and Meggs had to come in and clean it up. It evolved over literally three hours and charges were then files. Thus the claim that they were trying to cover this up(obvious).

I'm sorry, I going to stop right there, because half the piece is quotes from FSU beat writer Ira Schoffel and complete mistruths and Seminole fantasyland spin. Then, in typical nole fashion, he goes right into "but, but, but..... Gator players!!!!! Bill Cervone!!!! Wah!!!" Then comes the "Johnson was defending himself" nonsense and the typical knuckle dragger anti-woman hatefulness. The depth of the "self defense" discussion was sickening. What loathsome people nole fans are. Its everyone else fault - always.

Attempting to read that was a complete waste of time. Its just a repetition of Seminole fantasy, complete spin and victimhood nonsense. And he literally talked about fewer than a half dozen actual cases involving FSU athletes(McPherson, Winston, Johnson, Johnson and Cook).

Yes, how dare Willie Meggs, HOW DARE HE, file charges against two men who are accused of punching women. How dare he. And yes, folks, that IS what that piece was all about - Willie Meggs messing up FSU's upcoming season by daring to file charges against their star player. YAY FOOTBALL STATE UNIVERSITY!!!

Ok, here goes....

Evidence of such exists in the very picture above from the press conference Meggs held to announce no charges would be filed against former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston after being accused of rape. No press conference was necessary unless you just want to get your face on a television. A simple statement or press release like so many times before was all that was required, but Meggs could not pass up the opportunity to have his airtime as he always does with members of the national media.

Is this a joke? This was all for FSU fans, to feel good about cheering for a guy accused of sexual assault. He even laughed at the fact she was drunk, when he has taken numerous cases to trial based upon that fact alone.

But lets continue...

..similar actions were seen recently in the cases of De’Andre Johnson and Dalvin Cook, taking special interest in misdemeanor cases he would not have if not for the profile of those involved.

His involvement is due to TPD's actions involving Winston and Williams. This is well known. TPD can't be trusted to properly investigate accusations against FSU athletes. Sheesh.

Not missing a chance for yet another opportunity for more publicity, Meggs even lied to the local media in Tallahassee regarding the actions against Dalvin Cook and gave the truth to national media members, specifically Mark Schlabach once again.

Uh, charges had not been filed yet when the local media came calling. Like others have posted, Johnson spilled the beans on this and Meggs had to come in and clean it up. It evolved over literally three hours and charges were then files. Thus the claim that they were trying to cover this up(obvious).

I'm sorry, I going to stop right there, because half the piece is quotes from FSU beat writer Ira Schoffel and complete mistruths and Seminole fantasyland spin. Then, in typical nole fashion, he goes right into "but, but, but..... Gator players!!!!! Bill Cervone!!!! Wah!!!" Then comes the "Johnson was defending himself" nonsense and the typical knuckle dragger anti-woman hatefulness. The depth of the "self defense" discussion was sickening. What loathsome people nole fans are. Its everyone else fault - always.

Attempting to read that was a complete waste of time. Its just a repetition of Seminole fantasy, complete spin and victimhood nonsense. And he literally talked about fewer than a half dozen actual cases involving FSU athletes(McPherson, Winston, Johnson, Johnson and Cook).

Yes, how dare Willie Meggs, HOW DARE HE, file charges against two men who are accused of punching women. How dare he. And yes, folks, that IS what that piece was all about - Willie Meggs messing up FSU's upcoming season by daring to file charges against their star player. YAY FOOTBALL STATE UNIVERSITY!!!

Casting%20My%20Net.jpg

RRT Out

Reactions: Nolebra Kai

Cook has been arrested many times. Just be honest in that FSU was trying to hide this whole Cook incident from the media. They were doing a good job until Deandre Johnson "leaked" it. Johnson is a 4th string QB and Cook is the best player on FSU. He wasn't going to get kicked off the team. Not unless a video surfaced.

Bianchi: Why is Dalvin Cook, another FSU player accused of hitting women, even on the team? Running off at the typewriter …

My question is very simple: Why is star running back Dalvin Cook even at Florida State in the first place?

Why would somebody with such a questionable past be allowed into a reputable institution of higher learning where he is now the second FSU player in a matter of weeks being investigated for punching a woman in the face?

Cook was suspended by FSU on Friday after the state attorney in Tallahassee issued a warrant for the player's arrest after a 21-year-old woman accused him of punching her in the face several times during an argument outside a bar last month.

According to records from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement obtained by the Sentinel, Cook was arrested as a juvenile and charged with robbery in 2009. Prosecutors later opted to drop the case. Cook was also arrested and charged with firing a weapon and possessing a weapon at an event on school property in 2010, according to FDLE records. The third-degree felony charge was later dropped or abandoned.

Robbery charges and gun charges before he even got to college? … Hey, you want a scholarship?

Seriously, would a regular student with such a questionable criminal background even be considered for admission to FSU?

Since arriving on campus, Cook has been charged with criminal mischief following an incident in June 2014 when he was one of several players (see Jameis Winston) involved in a BB-gun shooting incident that caused minor property damage.

First, FSU quarterback De'Andre Johnson gets booted from the team earlier this week after video was released showing Johnson punching a woman in a bar. And now Cook is being investigated for battery of a woman outside another bar. The social-media cynics are already saying Cook will be treated differently than Johnson for two reasons: (1) He's a star player whereas Johnson was a benchwarmer; (2) There's no video evidence of him punching the woman.

The question I have isn't whether Jimbo Fisher will dismiss Dalvin Cook from the team.

My question is this: Why was he ever allowed on the team?

Is the wife a prosecutor or a criminal defender? If so, what does she say about what she knows?

And what is the "it" that Meggs has done?

Warchanters actually think that Willie 'The Golden Chief' Meggs has been hard on FSU athletes.

Cook has been arrested many times. Just be honest in that FSU was trying to hide this whole Cook incident from the media. They were doing a good job until Deandre Johnson "leaked" it. Johnson is a 4th string QB and Cook is the best player on FSU. He wasn't going to get kicked off the team. Not unless a video surfaced.

Bianchi: Why is Dalvin Cook, another FSU player accused of hitting women, even on the team? Running off at the typewriter …

My question is very simple: Why is star running back Dalvin Cook even at Florida State in the first place?

Why would somebody with such a questionable past be allowed into a reputable institution of higher learning where he is now the second FSU player in a matter of weeks being investigated for punching a woman in the face?

Cook was suspended by FSU on Friday after the state attorney in Tallahassee issued a warrant for the player's arrest after a 21-year-old woman accused him of punching her in the face several times during an argument outside a bar last month.

According to records from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement obtained by the Sentinel, Cook was arrested as a juvenile and charged with robbery in 2009. Prosecutors later opted to drop the case. Cook was also arrested and charged with firing a weapon and possessing a weapon at an event on school property in 2010, according to FDLE records. The third-degree felony charge was later dropped or abandoned.

Robbery charges and gun charges before he even got to college? … Hey, you want a scholarship?

Seriously, would a regular student with such a questionable criminal background even be considered for admission to FSU?

Since arriving on campus, Cook has been charged with criminal mischief following an incident in June 2014 when he was one of several players (see Jameis Winston) involved in a BB-gun shooting incident that caused minor property damage.

First, FSU quarterback De'Andre Johnson gets booted from the team earlier this week after video was released showing Johnson punching a woman in a bar. And now Cook is being investigated for battery of a woman outside another bar. The social-media cynics are already saying Cook will be treated differently than Johnson for two reasons: (1) He's a star player whereas Johnson was a benchwarmer; (2) There's no video evidence of him punching the woman.

The question I have isn't whether Jimbo Fisher will dismiss Dalvin Cook from the team.

My question is this: Why was he ever allowed on the team?

I failed to see where you said it was leaked by Johnson. It's because it wasn't. Meggs sat on it.

I love how Bianchi calls out FSU even though UF would have taken him in a heart beat. UF is just mad he decommitted and then ran all over them in '14.

Reactions: goldmom
Is the wife a prosecutor or a criminal defender? If so, what does she say about what she knows?

And what is the "it" that Meggs has done?

He has filed charges in weak cases in the past and lost.

The case is weak based on what we know. Intoxicated witness, couldnt identify assailant at the time, other witness now saying her story doesnt add up.

I am going to assume that your wife is neither a prosecutor or criminal defender. So your opinion about the strength of facts in the case are somewhat without any experienced merit.

And the fact that Meggs has lost some previous cases has no bearing on this case. I am not sure there is a prosecutor alive that has not lost cases.

The woman identified him as her assailant. There is at lease one witness that corroborates her story. His lawyer is not an experienced criminal defender.

He may walk, but it does not seem assure.

I wish Ghost were still around. For all his faults, he always gave us a pretty good look into the inner workings of a criminal case.

He has filed charges in weak cases in the past and lost.

The case is weak based on what we know. Intoxicated witness, couldnt identify assailant at the time (not true - she knew her puncher had dreads but didn't know "Dalvin Cook" so obviously can't ID "Dalvin Cook" at the scene - amazes me that Cook supporters continuously allege she "originally could not ID Cook" like it means something or makes her incredible) other witness now saying her story doesnt add up (other witness "now saying"? sounds credible. Can't wait to hear. Wanna share?) .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT