ADVERTISEMENT

Dalvin Cook punched a woman

Here's what I don't understand. The common perception (on this board, at least) is that FSU recruits criminals, has a play at all cost mentality and engages in conspiracies with TPD as well as university sponsored cover-ups. This attitude and finger-pointing from the UF pedestal doesn't make sense to me. Can some one please explain this?

Outside the Lines
Florida Gators arrest history

Written by Nick de la Torre, June 14, 2015

An ESPN Outside the Lines report released on Sunday shed light on how student-athletes in college towns may be treated differently than normal citizens.

In the report that included investigations into 10 universities, The Florida Gators proved to have the most men’s basketball and football players named to criminal investigations during a six-year period from 2009-14.

Outside the Lines found that Florida had 80 football and men’s basketball players (24% of the combined rosters) cited for more than 100 crimes and noted that Florida had the most repeat offenders. It should be noted that data on all 10 teams was not obtained in the same way. Auburn police released records only in which an arrest was made, and state law grants “youthful offender” status to people ages 18 to 20, which “essentially seals such records for a first offense; therefore, it’s not possible to accurately determine repeat-offender status.

Additionally, ESPN has sued Notre Dame and Michigan State for documents that both institutions refused to reveal; both cases are pending appeal.

The television segment that aired on Sunday morning featured Chris Rainey, noting that the former Florida Gators running back had five run ins with law enforcement while in Gainesville. In the video (which you can view here), Rainey speaks about Gainesville attorney, and Florida Law graduate, Huntley Johnson, who frequently represents athletes in Gainesville

According to the report done by Paula Lavigne, 56 percent of cases involving a Florida Gators men’s basketball player or football player were either dropped or not prosecuted from 2009-14, something Gainesville police spokesperson Ben Tobias says is largely due to the quick representation athletes generally get from attorneys such as Johnson.

“Sometimes we joke that [Huntley Johnson's] got a better communication system than 911,” Tobias said in the Outside the Lines report.

“It’s the fault of the athletes, it’s the fault of the victims, it’s the fault of society, it’s the fault of the media, because everyone paints this picture and holds athletes up on a pedestal sometimes and we all are making them invincible,” Tobias continued in the OTL report. “The fans are making them invincible, and the victims themselves, they look up to them at the same time. So to think that they can be victimized by this person is sometimes a reach for them.”

LINK: http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gators-basketball/outside-the-lines-details-florida-gators-arrest-history/

The ASA doesnt always go to trial with a case just because they charged the person even if that person won't take a plea deal. Sometimes the victim will start getting second thoughts or something else and they will decide to drop it instead of taking it to trial knowing they are likely to not win the case.

Reactions: dakid_0812
Here's what I don't understand. The common perception (on this board, at least) is that FSU recruits criminals, has a play at all cost mentality and engages in conspiracies with TPD as well as university sponsored cover-ups. This attitude and finger-pointing from the UF pedestal doesn't make sense to me. Can some one please explain this?

Outside the Lines

An ESPN Outside the Lines report released on Sunday shed light on how student-athletes in college towns may be treated differently than normal citizens.

In the report that included investigations into 10 universities, The Florida Gators proved to have the most men’s basketball and football players named to criminal investigations during a six-year period from 2009-14.

Outside the Lines found that Florida had 80 football and men’s basketball players (24% of the combined rosters) cited for more than 100 crimes and noted that Florida had the most repeat offenders. It should be noted that data on all 10 teams was not obtained in the same way. Auburn police released records only in which an arrest was made, and state law grants “youthful offender” status to people ages 18 to 20, which “essentially seals such records for a first offense; therefore, it’s not possible to accurately determine repeat-offender status.

Additionally, ESPN has sued Notre Dame and Michigan State for documents that both institutions refused to reveal; both cases are pending appeal.

The television segment that aired on Sunday morning featured Chris Rainey, noting that the former Florida Gators running back had five run ins with law enforcement while in Gainesville. In the video (which you can view here), Rainey speaks about Gainesville attorney, and Florida Law graduate, Huntley Johnson, who frequently represents athletes in Gainesville

According to the report done by Paula Lavigne, 56 percent of cases involving a Florida Gators men’s basketball player or football player were either dropped or not prosecuted from 2009-14, something Gainesville police spokesperson Ben Tobias says is largely due to the quick representation athletes generally get from attorneys such as Johnson.

“Sometimes we joke that [Huntley Johnson's] got a better communication system than 911,” Tobias said in the Outside the Lines report.

“It’s the fault of the athletes, it’s the fault of the victims, it’s the fault of society, it’s the fault of the media, because everyone paints this picture and holds athletes up on a pedestal sometimes and we all are making them invincible,” Tobias continued in the OTL report. “The fans are making them invincible, and the victims themselves, they look up to them at the same time. So to think that they can be victimized by this person is sometimes a reach for them.”

LINK: http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gators-basketball/outside-the-lines-details-florida-gators-arrest-history/
So we're shifting gears now? The should-be-patented Alaskan re-direct.

So we're shifting gears now? The should-be-patented Alaskan re-direct.

and answering a question with a question works just as nicely as...

look_a_distraction_design_by_eecomics.jpg

Outside the Lines

Translated: "I'm losing this argument, time to switch to something else"

Translated: "I'm losing this argument, time to switch to something else"

What's the argument?

Here are the facts.

- Noles think there is a possibility that Cook didn't strike the woman in question. However, if he did, he should be gone most expeditiously.

- Gators think he's guilty before the trial has even taken place (and they've gone to great lengths to justify why they think this, to include making up some story about their [then] committed recruit [Cook] not even being allowed on campus.)

Did I miss something?

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Paco, in case you haven't noticed every argument from rivals are lost on the home teams board. That is why our owning the state is so sweet now. It trumps all.

Paco, in case you haven't noticed every argument from rivals are lost on the home teams board. That is why our owning the state is so sweet now. It trumps all.

Trump? Who said anything about Trump?

Cook's best hope is that the independent witness credibly makes the case that Cook could not have done this because he was with him (or her) during the entire course of the scuffle. Combine that with the confusion of that night and you have reasonable doubt.

As for "who did it, if not Cook", the defense doesn't need to identify the assailant if it wasn't Cook. It is not the defense's job to solve a crime for the State. Their only job is to defend Cook against these charges by establishing a reasonable doubt that he is a member of the slap-a-hoe tribe.

If this goes to trial, I predict he will prevail and he will rush for 122 yards against UF in November. :D

Are you really trying to equate Treon's accuser, who dropped the charges after apparently having consensual sex, to Cook's accuser, who was battered by someone.

Really?

So, she can make a false claim against Treon, but Cook's accuser can't make a false (or incorrect) identification? Seriously? It's Not.Even.Possible. ??

So, she can make a false claim against Treon, but Cook's accuser can't make a false (or incorrect) identification? Seriously? It's Not.Even.Possible. ??
Oh Dear.

Was Cook's accuser attacked? The answer is yes. No one disputes that. No one.
Who attacked her? She said Cook did. That is corroborated by at least one witness. Her description of her attacker fits Cook. Hence his arrest. Cook said he did not attack her, that it was someone else. A someone else that no one seems to be willing or maybe even able to identify. No one. Hence the trial. We shall see.

Surely you can see the difference between this and Treon? There WAS sex in that incident. The only question; was it consensual? Treon was NEVER charged. Why? They had had sex before. In a txt message, she strongly implied they would have sex not too long before they did have sex. His accuser dropped the charges.

There are few, if any similarities between the two incidents. Save perhaps in the fever swamp mind of a deflecting Nole.

Reactions: BigPlayChad8
Lmao!!!

"I had lunch with some guys in the prosecutors office and look for Winston to be arrested and charged within the next few days" - Ghost

Ahh, 2013 - the year BONG, Tampa, and Ghost quit the internet. BONG and Tampa are probably having dinner talking about how Jimbo is Ron Zook 2.0.

Cook's best hope is that the independent witness credibly makes the case that Cook could not have done this because he was with him (or her) during the entire course of the scuffle. :D

What? Who is this "independent" witness who did not come forward to police during the investigation even though his story completely exonerates Cook? The State will shred this new, convenient, swoop-in-to-save-my-boy, star defense witness. and it'll look worse for Cook.

And how come instead of or along with "I don't remember an argument," Cook didn't tell the officer this most important fact "Wait! Officer! Let's go find Willie Witness. He can tell you I was never involved in an argument and never punched anyone because I was with him the entire time!"?

This is rich.

Also, I don't think you know what an "independent" witness is. An independent witness is the security guy, who doesn't know anyone involved, not some dude who was shoulder to shoulder with Cook the whole time.

Last edited:
Again I realize this is about rivalry. And I have zero tolerance for hitting women. But as an attorney shouldn't you of all people practice the "innocent until proven guilty" motto? :)

"Hey Look over there!"

Can you explain why FSU athletes have had more incidents involving violence against women than any other college program in the USA?

Is that finger pointing. Or just stating facts?

Your deflection schtick is getting very tiresome.

Again I realize this is about rivalry. And I have zero tolerance for hitting women. But as an attorney shouldn't you of all people practice the "innocent until proven guilty" motto?

I do not believe Bay said Cook did the deed. Few Gators have. But Bay is just reciting the facts of the case that have been made public.

What is it that you are doing?

Bad parenting?

unless, of course, you think FSU is offering some sort of "Batter Women 101" course.

MJ is again using those secret ESPN stats. They did not have the most incidents of "violence against women". MJ is telling that lie once again. Any alleged crime that involved a woman went into those numbers. Why do you think ESPN didn't lay out who did what?? They just said the number and people ran with it.

Last edited:
MJ is again using those secret ESPN stats. They did not have the most incidents of "violence against women". MJ is telling that lie once again. Any alleged crime that involved a woman went into those numbers. Why do you think ESPN didn't lay out who did what?? They just said the number and people ran with it.

MJ desperately wants to believe that UF is the "Good Guys" and FSU is the "Bad Guys."

UF Players:

background_angels_announcing_2nd_coming_full.jpeg

FSU Players:

inner-demons.jpg

Reactions: Scalp'em Nole
Again I realize this is about rivalry. And I have zero tolerance for hitting women. But as an attorney shouldn't you of all people practice the "innocent until proven guilty" motto? :)
I'm just giving you all my thoughts based on what has been released.

Its not lost on me that factors other than the evidence I went through are very much at play in this case and may likely win the day for Cook. The jury pool and Lack of witness/victim cooperation by the time trial finally rolls around can undo an otherwise very winnable case. Getting 6 impartial jurors out of that jury pool will be as easy as its been to get Obama to say "Islamic terrorism."

Then prove them wrong. In fact, shouldn't FSU threaten ESPN with libel if the stats ARE wrong? I mean after all, it seems to be having a negative impact on FSU

It will be short lived! Looks to me to be crumbling away at the seems.

Aren't juvenile records supposed to be sealed? I find it disgusting that all these reports are now going digging for unrelated, juvenile info just so they can be the first ones to break a new story, why can't they stick to what's happening now? They're basically involved in character assassination to sell papers. Where was all this digging before his recent troubles? Regardless of what you think of Cook, this is pretty pathetic.

I agree Oozie. Especially because neither of the alleged arrests when Cook was in 8th or 9th grade were pursued. In both cases, according to the Sentinel, the "charges" were dropped or abandoned.

Going to be arrested. Happened the day before Johnson.
What does Jimbo do now? Probably no video but, he has to kick him off if true right? Suspend him until it goes through court?

Let's see how he handles a starter who is his best RB.

Yes and yes, but it wont make it to court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT