ADVERTISEMENT

Dalvin Cook punched a woman

2 problems here:

1. No one is "found innocent" at trial. After trial, the jury determines whether the State has proven the charge(s) beyond a reasonable doubt by a finding of Guilty or Not Guilty (there is no 3rd option of "Innocent"). And let me stop you and danoleman before you start......

Yes, there is a huge difference between "innocent" and "Not Guilty."

Yes, I agree. Greg Dent was found not guilty of sexual battery, but of simple battery. At one point he was seeking to return to FSU after being found not guilty. That never panned out (obviously). When I say innocent, I actually mean innocent, not "Not Guilty." At this point I don't know if Cook is guilty or not, but he is suspended indefinitely until more information is known. Now, if he was running around practicing with the team..."business as usual", I'd have a HUGE problem with that.

I'm not going to go searching for examples of coaches kicking off players based solely on the State filing a formal charge, as the State of Florida has done here against Dalvin Cook, but I assure you there are plenty.

Greg Dent, Avis Commack, Ira Denson are recent FSU examples.

Cook was arrested twice in high school. He's had his fair share of run ins with the law at an early age.

Some of these nolies need to get off of welfare and get a job.

Go Canes!

Like I told you earlier. Welfare jokes played out when you were in your 40's, about 30 years ago. Are you still wearing that stupid "FSUCKS" pin old man??

Cook was arrested twice in high school. He's had his fair share of run ins with the law at an early age.

You bring up a valid point, Paco and one Bianchi mentioned in his article. Why was he recruited in the first place? Should a kid get 2nd changes? If so, should that factor in at the college level...i.e., "Look, I told you when I recruited you, you have one chance to prove yourself, you messed up, so I'm going to have to dismiss you." Or should the slate be cleaned because a player's juvenile records are sealed? Thoughts?

I think what some of you get wrapped up in are the emotions of the events.

Johnson Case:
I agreed 100% he should have been suspended and subsequently dismissed once the video was released that he punched the woman. Despite her aggression, he should have shown restraint; a point even DJ admitted.

Sidebar topic: At what point is a man allowed to retaliate or defend himself against a woman attacker? And should men and women be treated equally under the law.

All but Noles and oozie seemed unable to separate the two topics.

Cook Case:
I agreed 100% he should have been suspended once charges were brought. Until more information comes out there is nothing wrong with an indefinite suspension. Jimbo/FSU have already set the precedence that if this turns out to be true, then Cook will be dismissed.

Sidebar topic(s): Should a player at any University be dismissed from a team before either a thorough investigation, more facts surface (video evidence, self-admittance, etc), or a conviction? I see pros and cons to both sides.

Also, should juvenile records be factored into the above?

Lastly,

Please copy/paste where any Nole (or poster) has stated that either Johnson or Cook should not be suspended.

Some folks need to go back and watch the video again.....closely. The girl gets to the bar first. Johnson grabs the bar to wedge himself in and makes contact with her. Looks like words were briefly exchanged before and as he bumps into her. She turns around with right hand up, in a fist, but with her thumb pointing back behind her....possibly to the guy Johnson bumped her into. Then he grabs her arm.

That is the inception of purposeful, aggressive physical contact. At that point her choice was to respond to the aggression or meekly accept it. He was probably expecting the latter and felt dissed for getting yhe former.....and it pissed him off (my opinion). And as for that "knee to the groin" my 12-year-old could do better thanks to years of martial arts training.

A shame this girl apparently didnt have any. An eye rake or c clamp coupled with a knee to the groin may have left more of an impression. Yes, it also could have caused him to try and curb stomp her, but then he'd be sitting in jail instead of being interviewed on tv.

Some folks need to go back and watch the video again.....closely. The girl gets to the bar first. Johnson grabs the bar to wedge himself in and makes contact with her. Looks like words were briefly exchanged before and as he bumps into her. She turns around with right hand up, in a fist, but with her thumb pointing back behind her....possibly to the guy Johnson bumped her into. Then he grabs her arm.

Like danoleman said before, I question people's eyesight. "Her thumb pointed back"?? That's a girl fist plain and simple. You're also not commenting on her left leg/hip or her left arm. Johnson claims she "cut him off" in an attempt to get to the bar. Regardless, it's clear the two are jockeying for position at the bar (despite there being plenty of room for both of them). As he has his hands firmly gripped to the underside of the bar she puts her left hip/leg (13 sec mark) out to keep him from securing the spot. A half a second after she pushes her left leg/hip into him she swings around with right fist up and left arm pushing against his chest (16 sec mark). Her left hand is directly under his chin while she's yelling something at him. What ever she yelled at him (with raised fist and left arm pushing) caused him to grab her arm and push her backwards. Then she kneed him then punched him and then he hit her.

I'm thinking right around the 17 sec mark would have been a good time to walk away, but again, the whole thing took 23 seconds so who knows how much rational thought can occur in that short span. It's pretty easy for us to claim what we would and would not have done. I sure wish that clip had audio.

https://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1782637

This attorney believes that Johnson was the instigator after watching all the video evidence, etc.

He certainly does. He considers DJ bumping her while trying to get to the bar the initial instigation. Maybe from her perspective (having her back to him) she was thinking it was intentional. The problem is, when you're back is to someone, you don't know for sure if something is an accident or intentional. She didn't have to turn, yell and threaten any more than he needed to grab and punch her. Again, two wrongs don't make a right, especially when the other person is a woman.

He certainly does. He considers DJ bumping her while trying to get to the bar the initial instigation. Maybe from her perspective (having her back to him) she was thinking it was intentional. The problem is, when you're back is to someone, you don't know for sure if something is an accident or intentional. She didn't have to turn, yell and threaten any more than he needed to grab and punch her. Again, two wrongs don't make a right, especially when the other person is a woman.
That's right, just take it......b!tch!! Because, entitled athlete!

Yeah.....I suppose it's too much to ask, regardless of what was said and the presence of the scary girl fist, to just say...."Oh, pardon me"......"Oh, I'm sorry".....Can't begin to recall the number of times I've accidentally bumped into someone and they've turned and excused themselves. Or we've both done so simultaneously.

"He considers DJ bumping her while trying to get to the bar the initial instigation." - Yeah, because she's the first one that comes into view of the camera and her left leg is out jockeying because she's still up against and partly behind the dude with the glasses when DJ forces his way in. Yeah, her left arm goes up against his chest.....she's just been bumped into someone else and appears to be an attempt to create space.

None of that justified grabbing and attempting to restrain.

And is anyone talking about what DJ supposedly said during this exchange? I mean, he "got cut off" and was called (allegedly) a racial slur......which some are dutifully repeating. What might he have called her during this exchange? No one seems to be discussing that.

That's right, just take it......b!tch!! Because, entitled athlete!

Yeah.....I suppose it's too much to ask, regardless of what was said and the presence of the scary girl fist, to just say...."Oh, pardon me"......"Oh, I'm sorry".....Can't begin to recall the number of times I've accidentally bumped into someone and they've turned and excused themselves. Or we've both done so simultaneously.

"He considers DJ bumping her while trying to get to the bar the initial instigation." - Yeah, because she's the first one that comes into view of the camera and her left leg is out jockeying because she's still up against and partly behind the dude with the glasses when DJ forces his way in. Yeah, her left arm goes up against his chest.....she's just been bumped into someone else and appears to be an attempt to create space.

None of that justified grabbing and attempting to restrain.

And is anyone talking about what DJ supposedly said during this exchange? I mean, he "got cut off" and was called (allegedly) a racial slur......which some are dutifully repeating. What might he have called her during this exchange? No one seems to be discussing that.

Here's the reality of the situation.

The members of this board believe that:

DJ is an FSU QB. He's part of a culture that condones raping and battering women. Therefore, this kid must have pushed his way through a crowded bar paying no attention to anyone but his own selfish and entitled desires. He bumps into a woman who turns to him and says, "Excuse me, sir. I'm standing here." His response is a guaranteed to have been, "Look b#$#! This is my spot, you betta reckonize! I play for FSU!!!" He bumps her again and she turns around, "Um...excuse me sir, would you please stop bumping into me?" DJ then grabs her and punches this chick to show her who's boss. After all, he's an FSU quarterback and she should have felt lucky just standing next to him. That is what you guys believe...he's an FSU QB, there's no way he made a mistake, no way another person instigated and he regretfully retaliated despite how he was raised. Nope! He is an FSU QUAR-TER-BACK and just like Jameis Winston, he has no character. Heck, who knows how many women he's put the beat down on. You're certain this isn't the first and it won't be the last. He should have been dismissed from the team at the 24 sec mark...that's when Jimbo was made aware of the situation...you're certain of that too. Heck, you probably view Jimbo sitting in a master control room watching all of his players on dozens of monitors while letting out a sinister laugh.

Master+Control+4.jpg

There is absolutely no way possible that DJ was actually raised right, has no criminal background, and has been a solid citizen up and to this point. It's not even remotely possible he was attempting to get to the bar and some drunk chick pushed her way in front of him to get there first. It's not possible that while he was trying to secure his place to her left that he inadvertently made contact because of the tight squeeze between the woman with the drink and her. It's not possible that she was drunk and over-reacted to being bumped by whipping around, shouting, "Get off me you f**** n****!" then acting like she was going to hit him, then actually following through with her initial threat. In your minds (despite the video having no audio and witness statements not being made available to the public) it has to be the former; he's a thug...AN FSU THUG!

FSU sycophants are excuse makers and condone punching a woman because they'd like to believe that Jimbo didn't recruit 85 thugs (the same players UF recruits) and that maybe, just maybe there are a few good kids and this one just made a mistake. ...a mistake that Johnson has owned, apologized for, and made no excuses for. The fact he even mentioned the racial slur must be a lie, no way possible the woman said that because no one has leaked the witness statements, gone on Oprah to discuss it or leaked it to the Twitter-verse.

What's even funnier is despite it appearing that she was the instigator, despite there being a tiny possibility that she called him a racial slur, every single Nole in this thread has supported FSU's decision to dismiss Johnson. We also support FSU's decision to suspend Cook and if his side of the story can't be corroborated we agree he should be dismissed as well. We've even gone on to question why FSU and UF recruited him so heavily in the first place based on his past and have engaged in conversation about whether these kids should be granted 2nd chances and if so, to what extent. We also supported YOUR guy, Treon Harris, and that he should be given the benefit of the doubt until more evidence (or better yet, formal charges) came to light, but UF caved to media scrutiny and suspended him just because some woman said so. You guys don't see the implication that has moving forward--NO EVIDENCE REQUIRED to have a player suspended. I hope your SEC rivals don't ever fully grasp that concept.

Ya, we're the crazy ones.

Here's the reality of the situation.

The members of this board believe that:

DJ is an FSU QB. He's part of a culture that condones raping and battering women. Therefore, this kid must have pushed his way through a crowded bar paying no attention to anyone but his own selfish and entitled desires. He bumps into a woman who turns to him and says, "Excuse me, sir. I'm standing here." His response is a guaranteed to have been, "Look b#$#! This is my spot, you betta reckonize! I play for FSU!!!" He bumps her again and she turns around, "Um...excuse me sir, would you please stop bumping into me?" DJ then grabs her and punches this chick to show her who's boss. After all, he's an FSU quarterback and she should have felt lucky just standing next to him. That is what you guys believe...he's an FSU QB, there's no way he made a mistake, no way another person instigated and he regretfully retaliated despite how he was raised. Nope! He is an FSU QUAR-TER-BACK and just like Jameis Winston, he has no character. Heck, who knows how many women he's put the beat down on. You're certain this isn't the first and it won't be the last. He should have been dismissed from the team at the 24 sec mark...that's when Jimbo was made aware of the situation...you're certain of that too. Heck, you probably view Jimbo sitting in a master control room watching all of his players on dozens of monitors while letting out a sinister laugh.

Master+Control+4.jpg

There is absolutely no way possible that DJ was actually raised right, has no criminal background, and has been a solid citizen up and to this point. It's not even remotely possible he was attempting to get to the bar and some drunk chick pushed her way in front of him to get there first. It's not possible that while he was trying to secure his place to her left that he inadvertently made contact because of the tight squeeze between the woman with the drink and her. It's not possible that she was drunk and over-reacted to being bumped by whipping around, shouting, "Get off me you f**** n****!" then acting like she was going to hit him, then actually following through with her initial threat. In your minds (despite the video having no audio and witness statements not being made available to the public) it has to be the former; he's a thug...AN FSU THUG!

FSU sycophants are excuse makers and condone punching a woman because they'd like to believe that Jimbo didn't recruit 85 thugs (the same players UF recruits) and that maybe, just maybe there are a few good kids and this one just made a mistake. ...a mistake that Johnson has owned, apologized for, and made no excuses for. The fact he even mentioned the racial slur must be a lie, no way possible the woman said that because no one has leaked the witness statements, gone on Oprah to discuss it or leaked it to the Twitter-verse.

What's even funnier is despite it appearing that she was the instigator, despite there being a tiny possibility that she called him a racial slur, every single Nole in this thread has supported FSU's decision to dismiss Johnson. We also support FSU's decision to suspend Cook and if his side of the story can't be corroborated we agree he should be dismissed as well. We've even gone on to question why FSU and UF recruited him so heavily in the first place based on his past and have engaged in conversation about whether these kids should be granted 2nd chances and if so, to what extent. We also supported YOUR guy, Treon Harris, and that he should be given the benefit of the doubt until more evidence (or better yet, formal charges) came to light, but UF caved to media scrutiny and suspended him just because some woman said so. You guys don't see the implication that has moving forward--NO EVIDENCE REQUIRED to have a player suspended. I hope your SEC rivals don't ever fully grasp that concept.

Ya, we're the crazy ones.

If this is where your head truly is...anyone on this board would be wasting his time responding.

Let me see if I get this straight:

FSU tried their best to cover up a sexual assault allegation against Winston, refused to suspend him in Jan 2013 because it would have gone public, even though a suspension from all school activities pending an investigation is standard procedure in sexual assault cases

Boosters hired an attorney to convince Karlos Williams G/F to not cooperate with a domestic violence investigation

DeAndre Johnson punches a woman in a bar and a sizeable portion of FSU fans say he's the victim; Johnson dismissed only once DA releases embarrassing video

Dalvin Cook has been arrested for robbery, firing a weapon on school grounds, charged with criminal mischief(plead out), cited for animal cruelty and now charged with punching a woman - remains on the team. And many fans say he shouldn't be kicked off the team until "the process" is done.

Ernie Sims roughed up his G/F in summer of 2005, was arrested and charged, plead down and was never suspended for a single game(guess who they played labor day weekend? Yeh, UM)

Laverneous Coles was charged with punching his step mother in 1998 and got one game suspension.

Travis Johnson was accused of sexual assault and FSU tried to convince the woman to not file charges but just go through the student judiciary process, she declined.

(and the list is hardly all inclusive)

But how dare posters characterize FSU and its fans as being tolerant of violence against women. How dare they. We are all the crazy, biased ones while FSU fans are fair and rational. Only a crazy, biased rival fan would look at the track record over the past 10-15 years, note the lack of any legitimate punishment whatsoever and conclude such a thing. Complete crazy talk, I tell you.

Like danoleman said before, I question people's eyesight. ".

Good grief. Only the most sycophantic of Noles harbor any kind of "hey he was acting in self defense."

I have been over to WC and TVB, and many if not most Noles admit he was the aggressor and he was at fault.

What's even funnier is despite it appearing that she was the instigator,

Therein lies the rub. Because to me it's the opposite.

Doesn't matter who he is/was QB of. I really don't gaf about that.

But focusing on the incident itself, at some point Johnson made the decision to respond in a manner that would definitely inflict damage. He could have shoved her, he could have poked her in the shoulder, he could have jabbed her in the chest.....but instead it's a fist to the face. And then just turns and walks away. Is that a result of upbringing, cultural/environmental issues, etc.? Maybe, maybe not. Is that simply a poor rash decision? Maybe, maybe not. Again, just focusing on the incident itself, I think his response was way out of line.

Then later part of taking ownership is throwing out an unsubstantiated accusation. Could it be true? Certainly. It certainly is inflammatory. But as it stands it is nothing more than self-serving and should be discounted as such.

Good grief. Only the most sycophantic of Noles harbor any kind of "hey he was acting in self defense."

I have been over to WC and TVB, and many if not most Noles admit he was the aggressor and he was at fault.

Self defense? Who the heck said self defense? He was never in danger. Unnecessary retaliation? Absolutely, but self defense? That's crazy. Now, if she managed to get him on the ground and start whaling on him, then we may be able to talk self defense.

lol

you guys are funny.

Nice job Buddy, as usual the nolies will deflect everything with the normal excuses and false reasons of why it didn't happen.

For every truth even when video is available they'll turn it into the victims fault

Go Canes!

We don't know if Dalvin is guilty or innocent but like I said earlier, this isn't going to be an open and shut case.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/2015/07/17/cooks-attorney-attacks-states-case/30307985/

dan, you know Cook is guilty because he chained up puppies and brandished a weapon in the past. It's just like Winston was guilty of rape because he stole some soda in a ketchup cup and shot some bb guns.

If you commit an offense at any point in your life, you are then guilty of all crimes in the future. (It also helps if you're a Nole)

Get your act together, brother...delete that tiresome link!

Last edited:
dan, you know Cook is guilty because he chained up puppies and brandished a weapon in the past. It's just like Winston was guilty of rape because he stole some soda in a ketchup bottle and shot some bb guns.

If you commit an offense at any point in your life, you are then guilty of all crimes in the future. (It also helps if you're a Nole)

Get your act together, brother...delete that tiresome link!

Lol I know right. How many State Attorneys would waste time with a convoluted mess like this case is turning out to be?? Meggs needed to retire 10 years ago. He is a disgrace. Just look at the Winston case for reference. Like I said before, he knew from the moment he interviewed Jameis accuser that she was not being truthful, deleted info from her phone and flat out refused to answer his questions. He knew there was no case against Winston. So what does good ole Willie Meggs do?? He makes Jameis sweat it out and play with this bs hanging over his head for 3 weeks. Smh. Then hold a press conference because now he has "made his decision". The decision was made the day that girl waltzed into his office and told him multiple lies. That's just who Meggs is. Cooks lawyer is going to have to get these charges dropped for FSU admin to let him back. Good luck with that dealing with Meggs. His best and perhaps only chance to return is going to trial and getting acquitted.

Self defense? Who the heck said self defense? He was never in danger. Unnecessary retaliation? Absolutely, but self defense? That's crazy. Now, if she managed to get him on the ground and start whaling on him, then we may be able to talk self defense.

lol

you guys are funny.
I think it was on The Main Board that a Nole brought up that Johnson should have invoked Stand Your Ground. As far as trolls go I thought it was creative.

Sorry at this point I have to take an attorney's take on the situation then some biased FSU fan.

This attorney says that DJ was the instigator. My guess is this attorney also has quite a few connections and knows a lot more about what happened that evening and has some good facts to back up why he says DJ is the instigator.

https://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1782637

This attorney believes that Johnson was the instigator after watching all the video evidence, etc.

Going to be arrested. Happened the day before Johnson.
What does Jimbo do now? Probably no video but, he has to kick him off if true right? Suspend him until it goes through court?

Let's see how he handles a starter who is his best RB.

It's amazing that any article critical of a nolie brings our resident TROLL NOLE Alaskan to defend his women beaters. I especially love the Travis Johnson or 1977 examples of Megg's being wrong. Why don't you take your 1000's of posts which are getting old and go STROKE Genie's big ego. Can I
tell you something? This is the FLORIDA board we might actually write stuff about a NOLE women beater.

It's amazing that any article critical of a nolie brings our resident TROLL NOLE Alaskan to defend his women beaters. I especially love the Travis Johnson or 1997 examples of Megg's being wrong. Why don't you take your 1000's of posts which are getting old and go STROKE Genie's big ego. Can I
tell you something? This is the FLORIDA board we might actually write stuff about a NOLE women beater.

a25a83fc4eb6a26879401fcbb969ca50.jpg

The problem is, when you're back is to someone, you don't know for sure if something is an accident or intentional. She didn't have to turn, yell and threaten any more than he needed to grab and punch her.

Oh.My.Wyatt.

Don't strain your back trying to bend over backward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT